Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I had to go out today

I've been avoiding leaving the house and can count on one hand the number of times I've gone out since the first week of March.

My mother called my aunt this morning and after talking told me she was worried about her and wanted me to go check on her. My aunt lives with my cousin but I obliged my mother and made the drive out to Hamilton.

My aunt was fine, just sad about this situation. I had picked up some of her favorite pastries and left them on her porch.

As I was driving home I got turned around in two detours and got lost. Like a moron I left my phone at home.

I had to stop at two different gas stations for directions. First guy didn't speak English and the second guy couldn't be bothered to acknowledge me. Fortunately there was a trucker at the second station and he gave me directions back to the highway.

I don't have any reason for posting this, just needed to vent. A 90 minute trip turned into a four hour ordeal. Add to that not being able to use any public washrooms and feeling like my bladder was going to burst.

I hate that we live in a time where simply leaving the house and interacting with others can make me worried. I feel like I did in my twenties when I had really bad agoraphobia and social anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2020 9:21 PM

That was really nice of you to bring them pastries. Kindness is a good thing in times like these.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2020 10:56 PM

die already

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2020 10:56 PM

Couldn't you just piss behind the bush somewhere or into an empty bottle? And why are you afraid to talk to strangers you meet along the way? Have you been kidnapped when you were a child?

You have vented, now take your psych med and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2020 10:58 PM

Thought for sure this story would end with you presenting hole to the trucker.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2020 11:03 PM

Thanks R1.

R2 I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but I doubt your dick can reach your asshole.

R3 I couldn't find a bush and I didn't have a bottle. And I'm worried about interacting with other people because I don't want to bring home something that will kill my mother.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2020 11:03 PM

I started to R4 but he was too quick.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2020 11:04 PM

Get a blog, whore

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2020 11:04 PM

What kind of pastries?

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2020 11:05 PM

Do you realize that other people have to go out everyday and do their jobs in the public? Do you think they aren't worried about their families? Cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2020 11:06 PM

Is R7 posting from 2004?

Butter tarts R8.

Start your own thread R9.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2020 11:07 PM

You drove around the state for 4 hours and couldn't find a bush? Where were you? Death Valley?

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2020 11:11 PM

I hear you. Some days can be really rough Asking for help in businesses, as people ignore you or say I don't know. It's not pretty out there. Lots of crazy. That was nice with the pastries. I bet that made her day. Breathe, stay calm and wash your hands.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]I don't have any reason for posting this

You coulda led with that.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2020 11:13 PM

Don't let rude people or anxiety keep you from living life. You brought comfort and a sense of relief to your Mom, showed kindness to your Aunt, and got out of the house. You did some good in a world of bad.

Although, you may have had a missed opportunity with the trucker!

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2020 11:23 PM

Plus, you probably kept some of the pastries.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2020 11:25 PM

You're a pussy OP. I live in midtown Manhattan and have been going out to work everyday walking through this Apocalypse. I wear a mask and that's it. I'm so sick of these people sitting in their suburban MC Mansions wearing hazmat suits and afraid to go out. The nearest neighbor being a mile away. You need to have my life for week. By the way I do a job that is essential and without me you'd really fucking be in trouble. Sorry for the rant but sick of the pussies.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2020 11:36 PM

R16

Me, my life too. I am R9

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Thank you R9

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2020 11:39 PM

Hamilton, Scotland or Hamilton, New Zealand? I find it odd the first person you spoke to couldn't speak English.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2020 11:45 PM

Canada, right? Or New Jersey?

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Hamilton the Musical.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2020 11:56 PM

Your mother & aunt planned this together to get you out of the house. They love you, be good to them!

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2020 11:59 PM

Was this story from 2020?

Who doesn't have GPS in their car?

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2020 11:59 PM

I like you OP. You seem like a nice kind of fella. I felt like I was starting a chapter from a book from the 60s or something.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2020 12:03 AM

I’m in Illinois and I can take a piss or shit in any gas station restroom I want

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2020 12:06 AM

I’m with r2. You sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2020 12:07 AM

Get help for your agoraphobia

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2020 12:11 AM

R25 All the gas station bathrooms are locked where I live.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2020 12:16 AM

What state? I’ll avoid going there.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Mother's fool's errand might be the least of the problems in this story.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2020 12:35 AM

Cool story!

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote] Add to that not being able to use any public washrooms and feeling like my bladder was going to burst.

Do you retract your foreskin when you urinate?

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2020 12:45 AM

The whole thing is hard, strange and scary. I’m so grateful for those people who go out to work every day, we’d be in so much worse trouble without them. But even if you are not an essential worker, life has become difficult and very alienating. I’m so sorry we are all going through this. I know how you feel, OP.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2020 12:47 AM

Hi OP, yeah, I was saddened years ago, before mobile devices, when I determined that local garages had become worthless at providing directions. More recently, I find the best places are firehouses and Post Offices, with Police stations a distant third; but not sure about during this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2020 12:49 AM

Things I had to do today: (do you want my blog entry? No? Ok, then.)

crickets

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote] You drove around the state for 4 hours and couldn't find a bush? Where were you? Death Valley?

It’s a lady.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2020 1:22 AM

R19 and R20 Hamilton, ON Canada

R11 Driving through Hamilton isn't like driving through the big woods, Half Pint.

R9 and R16 I'm on the phone to President Donald J. Trump to request a Congressional Medal of Honor for both of you. If it wasn't for you two I'm sure many of us wouldn't have access to our Depends and cookies.

R28 around here too. Not sure why keeping bathrooms locked makes sense when people are walking in and out of gas stations daily.

R34 Last time I stopped at an OPP detachment for directions was back in 1991. The peeler behind the counter just stared at me without saying a word.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2020 12:30 PM

I KNEW IT! I win! It's Canada!

Don't they go to Hamilton in Strange Brew?

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2020 3:10 PM

Something tells me leaving the house was always an ordeal for you.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2020 3:12 PM

Hamilon, ON makes Newark look like the Riviera.

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2020 5:09 PM

I am a little concerned that the Christmas Moose has developed a dry cough; which is very unusual, and now has a little fever of 103.4°f, also unusual. He’s still yapping non-stop, though. Mother Moose is wrapping both he and I in wet straw and I’m trying to slow her down with daiquiris, but it’s not working. I’m glad I have a moose and his mother to look after, and look after me. I know some people don’t, so I’m sorry about that. Life isn’t fair.

I’ll try to let you know how things go. I just realized that we both woke up shaking, but both stopped shaking, so that’s a plus.

by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2020 2:49 PM

OP, you're a delicate flower.

by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Oh, yeah, R42, just like Audrey was a delicate flower...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 16, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] Mother Moose is wrapping both he and I in wet straw

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 44May 16, 2020 5:40 PM

He and me?

by Anonymousreply 45May 16, 2020 6:29 PM

OP, I condole you over some of the savage responses. However, I hope you laughed as much as I did. You're OK, though, you brought treats to your mother and aunt. I know they appreciated the treats and your brief visit.

Some questions arise. How far do you live from your mother? How long have you lived near Hamilton? I must say, I live in the northern tip the the large, massively populated Bay Area (northern CA) and I couldn't get lost if I tried. But then I'm good at telling east from west, north from south. All I have to to is go north or northwest and I get home. Living near the ocean helps. Ocean to the right, giant land mass to the left. But then, I have been lost in neighborhoods with which I'm unfamiliar, trying to find someone else's house but I'm quite good at finding my own.

I understand, though, detours can be tricky. I googled Hamilton and it is a quite a large city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 16, 2020 6:57 PM

FOCM,

You wouldn’t say “she wrapped he up...,” nor would you say “she wrapped I up....”

It’s correct to say “she wrapped him and me up.”

I hope all y’all are feeling a bit better. I couldn’t live if I found out The Christmas Moose didn’t make it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Thanks for your service r16!

by Anonymousreply 48May 16, 2020 10:05 PM

Thank you, R47. We are feeling better and Mother Moose loves to fuss over both of us, so I think we will be ok.

by Anonymousreply 49May 16, 2020 10:36 PM

I wonder idly why people are not helpful with directions any more...

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2020 8:50 PM

OP asking for directions at the gas station.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2020 8:58 PM

Kiss me where it smells.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2020 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!