Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lorna Luft

I've been going through my Kindle and re-reading old books and I came across Lorna's memoir, the one where Judy Davis did the TV movie, and it got me thinking about Lorna. She does a whole section in the book about how she dislikes the gay men in her mother's life, how they use her and how they're always available because, well, they're gay so they're lonely too. She says Judy called them "fags." Lorna talks about their "chosen" "lifestyle" and seems so narrow-minded. But the next thing you know she's falling head over heels in love with . . . BARRY MANILOW! These women were all homo friendly but didn't seem to realize it. But still. Barry Manilow? The worst thing Lorna ever did though was try to sing this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2020 3:58 AM

I was molested!

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2020 2:37 AM

Judy Davis was better than Renee Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2020 2:42 AM

JOEY! LEAVE THE CAT ALONE OR i'LL BEDAZZLE YOUR ASS TILL NEXT CHRISTMAS!

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2020 3:00 AM

Ah, Lorna.

She got both the Luft looks and singing ability.

Joey got AFS.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2020 3:05 AM

I also read Lorna's book and was also disturbed by her homophobia. She denied that Judy's father was gay and did not want the family to be associated with being gay. She was in deep denial and a real bitch. Judy and Liza overshadowed her badly and it obviously disturbed her.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2020 3:05 AM

The part of her book where she claims to have been cast in Cats and then suddenly Betty Buckley got the part instead is a bit hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2020 3:06 AM

If not for 'fags' Judy would have been totally alone. Everyone else had deserted her long before.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2020 3:07 AM

CHOSHEN LIFESHTYLE

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2020 3:17 AM

I danced next to her eons ago at Tunnel. She seemed to be having fun.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2020 3:25 AM

R9=Barry Manilow

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2020 3:29 AM

Of that family Lorna and Joey are the only two that seem to be different individuals.

I can no longer tell were Judy ended and Liza began.

Were they not always the same person?

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2020 3:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!