Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

34% of Americans Have A Favorable View of Joe Biden

56% unfavorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2020 1:33 AM

Thanks Boris.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2020 8:22 AM

Is this real?

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2020 8:24 AM

Well done Tatyana. We pay you ten roubles extra.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2020 8:31 AM

Make that "34% of REPUBLICANS Have A Favorable View Of Joe Biden" and you'd probably be correct.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2020 8:54 AM

Well, duh. No one is expecting the election to be won on his charm. Just focus on the Supreme Court and remind everyone he’s just the vehicle to get people in who can actually finish a sentence and aren’t groping women non stop.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2020 8:58 AM

r4, 68% of Democrats have a favorable opinion of Biden, 5% of Republicans and 27% of Independents. With 62% unfavorable, the independents are dragging down Biden's favorability.

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2020 9:02 AM

The poll was conducted by Daily Kos. They are left wing and are supporting Biden, so this ain’t a Right-wing hit job.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2020 9:19 AM

Why do we keep nominating noncharismatic people? Yes, Trump ain’t charming, but he has a rabid base that is supercharged to vote for him. Democrats stupidly believe we can win without a charismatic candidate. Smh

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2020 9:38 AM

I think what’s hurting Biden is that he’s not visible. This has enabled the Right to paint their own picture of him.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2020 9:39 AM

And yet he’s beating Rump like a drum in every place that matters

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2020 9:48 AM

His head to head poll numbers otherwise look good though, but I saw a recent poll where Trump Somehow was beating Biden on handling the big issues. Americans keep disappointing me

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2020 9:57 AM

R11, they elected Nixon, Reagan, and Bush Jr. twice, and they voted for Trump. They gave Republicans the keys to Congress the same year they shut it down. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2020 10:26 AM

The Bernie Bros are now supporting Trump to teach the DNC a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2020 10:26 AM

I thought you said 3 to 4 Americans. 34% is shockingly high.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2020 10:45 AM

[bold] T H I S

I S

A

T R O L L

P O S T

T H E

P O L L

I S

N O T

R E A L

I T

I S

A

P O L L

O N

T W I T T ER

N O T

I

R E P E A T

N O T

A

R E A L

P O L L

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2020 10:48 AM

r15, you are a dimwit. The tweet links to the poll in question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2020 10:58 AM

Former Vice President Joe Biden has a 4-point lead over President Trump ahead of the 2020 general election in a new poll, just above the 3.3 percent margin of error.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2020 11:31 AM

The bottom line is Biden needs to get out there if he has any shot at winning this thing.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2020 11:32 AM

and yet DailyKos has no mention of the poll Boris claims they took

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2020 11:53 AM

Team Biden seems to think laying low helps him. I disagree

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2020 1:59 PM

The Civiqs sampling methodology sounds a bit dubious - "methodology is engineered to correct for any demographic or ideological non-representativeness in the panel. If groups are underrepresented or overrepresented in the panel relative to their prevalence in the population, sampling directly from the panel will lead to biased results...As with any sample-based public opinion poll, the characteristics of Civiqs survey respondents—and the responses they give—are subject to random sampling variation. Civiqs monitors a variety of demographic and political measures to assess differences between the sample and population in any particular sample. Based on those factors, Civiqs weights and models the survey results to improve the accuracy of its polling."

It SOUNDS good, but it makes me wonder what biases this is introducing into the sample and results. +/- 2.5% at 95% confidence seems high on a 1546 sample size using the stated methodology.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2020 2:06 PM

I went to Trump tower and took a dump on the floor. How’s your view of me now? More favorable?

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]I think what’s hurting Biden is that he’s not visible.

People from his campaign have stated that Biden not being visible has helped his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2020 1:05 AM

Dailykos has an entry on this poll. Biden is doing poorly in this poll because Republicans almost universally have a favorable view of Trump, whereas Almost 20% of Democrats have an unfavorable view of Biden. Republicans are solidly behind Trump

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2020 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!