Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Phil Donahue and Marlo Thomas have been married for 40 years!

How?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2020 12:06 PM

They leave their disagreements under the glass table before going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2020 11:06 PM

That's not Charo?

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2020 11:08 PM

What has Phil been doing with himself all day for the past 20+ years? His talk show changed the culture, and now he just does no work? No TV, no writing?

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2020 11:08 PM

Did they move to the suburbs and buy a station wagon with wood on the side?

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2020 11:08 PM

Phil went deaf a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2020 11:08 PM

Is that true, R5? I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2020 11:10 PM

They're one of the few couples in showbiz that's a perfect fit.

He was one of the first men in media to fully embrace feminism and plunge head on into liberal issues of the day. A serious, but sensitive and compassionate man.

She's a feminist icon and an A list actress with a legendary pedigree. Her humor balances out his seriousness.

BTW, whatever work Marlo has had done has been extraordinary. She could still pass for early to mid 50's!

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2020 11:11 PM

I guess pots of money and no kids helps.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2020 11:12 PM

R7 Marlo looks like she has been strapped to the hood of an F16. She doesn't look like she is in her early 50"s. Are you high?

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2020 11:13 PM

I'm kidding r6.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2020 11:16 PM

Saw Marlo on Broadway in 2011 in something called Relatively Speaking. I could see the areola around her nipple. That's all I remember about the plays and her performance and the great Julie Kavner was in it too.

Phil was very hirsute. Some Irish men are.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2020 11:28 PM

His sons are all handsome in that clip, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2020 11:41 PM

I still and forever will laugh at

"Make Boom for Daddy"

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2020 11:41 PM

Marlo does anal.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2020 12:04 AM

My Dad explained all this to me when I was a kid. The key to staying married for 40 years is first, to get married, and then don't divorce or die.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2020 12:06 AM

I hope her sons are not angry that she is spending their entire inheritance on Botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2020 12:09 AM

Isn't Marlo a huge cunt

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2020 6:39 PM

Give to St. Jude's and get the fuck out!

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] I hope her sons are not angry that she is spending their entire inheritance on Botox and fillers.

HIS sons. NOT her sons.

Phil's children are from his first marriage. He and Marlo did not have any children.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2020 6:43 PM

Free to be, me and ME.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2020 6:47 PM

Her father was a flaming queen. Marla and Phil likely typical gay Hollywood fake couple?

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2020 6:49 PM

I saw Marlo Thomas at a personal appearance she did at the old Carson, Pirie Scott department store on State Street in Chicago. It was 1977.

She arrived late.

Because she had been doing an appearance on the Phil Donahue Show (it was still based in Chicago then).

She got up and apologized for being late and then went on and on about how nice Phil Donahue was and did we know who Phil Donahue was, and on and on and on.

She was very, very thin, wearing a light blue jumper with a white turtleneck and brown boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2020 6:50 PM

How? Prescription drugs.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2020 7:04 PM

I want something like this, with someone special.

I’m gonna get it, too. Watch.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2020 7:19 PM

R2, Coochie coochie!

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2020 7:49 PM

"DESSSSSSMOOOOOND! WHERE ARE THE ANNIVERSARY COOKIES?!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2020 7:53 PM

Because some people actually honor vows and commitment.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2020 7:53 PM

No one's shitting on a long marriage in general, Miss R27.

One just wonders how a cunt like Marlo stayed married.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2020 9:13 PM

He lets her be the Bad Cop and looks the other way. Wonder what his kids really think of StepMama.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2020 11:52 PM

She sure looked better after the nose job.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2020 11:52 PM

I can't believe she looks like that now. That's a shame. She was so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2020 11:57 PM

It was tougher to do when he still had the talk show. Desmond writes about her firing a maid when she got pregnant and Phil had a fit -- not because it was wrong but because he knew the backlash with his show when it got out. So she rehired. Phil may be less than the sum of his parts if he puts up with that much shit.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2020 12:00 AM

She was absolutely beautiful on That Girl, just sparkling.

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2020 12:47 AM

R32, I remember that story from the book.

Marlo fired the pregnant maid who carted their laundry down to the building laundry room, among her other duties. When he saw her carrying it, Phil would carry it instead.

So, Phil is doing a show about women getting fired because they are pregnant.

The pregnant maid and her husband went to Phil's office and told him about the firing.

Phil comes home, is furious with Marlo (who was trying to placate him) and there is a big fight behind closed doors that Desmond heard and wrote about.

One of the reasons the phony "I am such a feminist" Marlo is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2020 1:03 AM

A pregnant woman is quite capable of carrying laundry. A maid is a maid. Hopefully well paid. And a feminist can fire another woman. Of course. No doubt both Phil and Marlo are somewhat classist. But they're is no indication that Marlo Thomas is not one of the most visible and important feminists of all time. She lives it. She's a strong accomplished woman who didn't need a man until she wanted one. She has a most annoying voice and fat legs yet she was quite an accomplished actress. She carries on a legacy of charity rather than celebrity and she's quietly political and powerful. I wasn't even born when That Girl was on your TeeVee - but I know a lot about the accomplishments of Marlo Thomas. Because my mother is a physician who much admired her work with women and children. Men too. Her direct work of empowerment and freedom stands up. She was neither flaky or didactic. St. Judes is one of the most impressive places in the shitshow of American medical research and care. Lots of people are tyrants at home. I don't really believe Marlo is anything more than a strong woman with high standards. She seems charming and informed and relaxed to be honest. AND powerful.

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2020 1:15 AM

*there is no indication...

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2020 1:17 AM

How many nose jobs has she had, she's moving into Michael Jackson territory. She's a self hating Arab.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2020 1:27 AM

Funny trivia - her brother is Tony Thomas - famous producer - including the Golden Girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2020 2:35 AM

The nose jobs are not necessarily self hatred. She works in the entertainment business and Americans are obsessed with having teeny tiny noses. If she kept the original nose people would bitch about it.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2020 2:47 AM

Marlo did not have fat legs but you could see her nose was unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2020 3:01 AM

The first nose job was fine. She had another??

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2020 3:03 AM

Oh, she had fat legs alright. And a perfectly fine nose. A nice average looking woman. Today, she is very surgeried. But she's also about 90 years old and looks ok. Her work is what matters. She has love and work and success. Meaning to her life. This is why most old gays are drunks or obese or commit suicide. They never cared much about anything but fucking, buying shit and making fun of stuff. Sad lives.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2020 3:08 AM

I didn't realize Marlo Thomas was Aasian.

by Anonymousreply 43May 5, 2020 3:08 AM

Marlo is a wealthy socialite and she wants a smart husband. she is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2020 3:13 AM

I'm so angry I could shit!

by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2020 4:57 AM

Lebanon is on the continent of Asia, R43.

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2020 9:29 AM

Marlo might have fat legs at eighty but she had perfect legs up to at least 50. Why r you looking at legs of 80 yr old???

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2020 12:44 PM

A List? She never had much of a movie career and her "recent" work was playing a critical mother (in soft focus) on Friends. Feminism has shot itself in the foot in a number of ways, but being all about well-off professional women is one of them. Of course, she's a snob who would fire a pregnant maid rather than granting maternity leave and finding a fill-in. Carry your own damn laundry Marlo.

by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2020 12:59 PM

R2 and R9 made me laugh out loud- thanks. He’s a great guy- she’s been an effective activist although one very good friend who knows her more or less confirms she is difficult. Sweet mysteries of life explain their marriage.

I once saw them having a pretty big argument while “fast walking” out the Mataket road on Nantucket.

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote]How?

That pussy!

by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2020 1:58 PM

The video is talking about her last visit two yrs ago. At this point, they had been dating two years and were pulling audience s leg. She is first born and I imagine he was not. She wore the pants. She's Arab despite nose job.

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2020 4:15 PM

Apparently Marlo has the same "need" for glass coffee tables as her daddy and Phil LIKES IT. That is why their marriage works.

by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2020 4:19 PM

He has a son who’s in a facility. It’s very sad but from I know from someone who was there (it’s mainly known as a rehab place, but that’s not why the son is there), he checks in on him all the time and is kind and a great father.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2020 4:21 PM

he also had a son that died

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2020 4:36 PM

She's only half-Lebanese. Her mother was Italian.

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2020 6:30 PM

Italians have such small noses R55.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2020 7:14 PM

The mother was Sicilian to boot. Marlo's first nose job was perfect, though, she looked like a doll on that show.

It's fun to figure out what a celeb's real, original name *should* have been. In Marlo's case, it was Margaret Kairouz. Thomas probably did become the family's legal name, though.

I always wonder what it says on celebrity legal documents. Marlo Thomas? Margaret Thomas? Marlo Thomas Donohue? Margaret T. Donohue? Margaret K. Donohue? (Sigh, quarantine questions...)

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2020 8:33 PM

she had a lovely original name

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2020 8:36 PM

Sicilian, Arab. Lol, like there's a difference!

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2020 12:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!