Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

4 Years Later: The Trump Sickness

Let’s hear about the effects Trump has had on your life.

In 2016, I was in a really good place mentally & physically and I had started to get my life & career the way I wanted it to be and was fairly happy with society, since Trump: I’ve gained 20lbs, my hair is 20% thinner, my anxiety/depression is constant, my career is in shambles and I’m addicted to the Internet because I have a fear of something bad happening everyday and want to analyze his actions.

What has Trump done to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2020 12:36 AM

It doesn’t matter. Don’t get bogged down! Vote for Biden. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2020 1:49 AM

My hate for him is truly motivating..frustrating but motivating

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2020 1:49 AM

PS this is exactly how the right wants you to feel...defeated

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2020 1:49 AM

R2, then you know what you need to do no matter what. Vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2020 1:50 AM

Exactly r3!

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2020 1:51 AM

My husband now hates anyone with a dotted line connection to Republicans. His anger has become his hobby. Such fun for me and anyone else around him. It’s exhausting for him and me. Thank you Trump and the nonstop coverage of his antics.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2020 1:51 AM

I got off of Facebook and Twitter because of Trump so that's on the plus side though everybody acts surprised when I didn't know someone died/divorced/married/remarried/etc. because it was announced on social media.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2020 3:07 AM

OP, are you female?

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2020 3:52 AM

Vote Trump out of office.

Vote all these elected republicans out of office for what they have done.

Republican Party is the modern day Nazi Party, fucking Fascist. We need to stop them NOW!

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2020 4:41 AM

It has made me angry pretty much all the time. My loathing for Trump knows no bounds. I wish the jackass would just drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2020 5:43 AM

I don't want him to die. I want to kidnap him, keep him prisoner in my basement, torture him on a daily basis, and livestream it for the entire world to see. I'd even take requests.

I've never considered myself a sadist, but that's how much I hate him!

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2020 5:48 AM

I am heartened by the fact that hillbillies are suffering the most because of him.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2020 6:53 AM

Yes if you're on FB and Twitter get off of it. Instagram is the only Social Media I engage in

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2020 5:10 PM

I'm not well. I need help and I'm afraid to ask. I cover it up with bravado, but I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't concentrate. I'm drinking again...

Can't someone see the shadow behind my smile?

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]I don't want him to die. I want to kidnap him, keep him prisoner in my basement, torture him on a daily basis, and livestream it for the entire world to see.

Set up a pay-per-view on that, R11, and you'll have my money.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2020 6:14 PM

If the President can actually make you sick, you need some major therapy anyway. You control a lot more than you think/want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2020 6:15 PM

I can truly say I'd be happy if Trump and all Trumpublicans died. If I could push a button to make them all disappear, I wouldn't hesitate.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2020 6:21 PM

R12, is that really true, or just “aspirational”?

R16, I think you’re wrong. The President represents us. All of us, every one, and he’s a fascist. It’s sickening. It should be sickening.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2020 6:30 PM

My hatred of all things Trump has cost me several friendships. My blood pressure has gone up. I have eaten under stress, which is never a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2020 6:45 PM

R19, you’ve jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2020 6:46 PM

Go fuck yourself with your tired ass. lame talking points, R19, you fucking dumbass moron.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2020 6:47 PM

I blocked r19 a long time ago and it just reinforced why I did it by that amazing, self-serving, ridiculous post.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2020 6:53 PM

R22, I see that you have addressed all my points in the traditional "progressive" fashion. Throw mud and avoid the facts. Much like the Bidette's campaign. Do you work for them?

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2020 6:53 PM

Trump upsets me. Contrast him with “no drama Obama”. Trump surely acts to upset people on purpose, to get attention. That’s bad enough!

I have two siblings who can’t help but raise Trump-related Fascist issues every time I see them. I don’t like being around it. I don’t like the issues. I don’t like the yelling. I don’t like the disrespect for my point of view. I don’t like that they don’t seem to remember how I feel, and keep bringing the issues up, apropos to nothing, (other than my appearance), whenever I see them.

So, I avoid them. It’s abusive, and who needs that?

I’m afraid to contact them now for fear that they’ve been influenced by the right and are going to unnecessarily get Covid-infected.

It’s complicated, of course. This is the short version of my feelings about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2020 7:03 PM

Bidette? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2020 7:03 PM

R24, you’ve gone so far into fantasy land that your points aren’t worth debating. You can’t be serious.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2020 7:05 PM

Ther-a-py, people. Therapy. Run, don't walk.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2020 7:05 PM

Okay, R19, I'll refute your bullshit:

[quote]At last someone is standing up for this country against unfair foreign trade, illegal immigration, and government over regulation and taxation.

If Trump is really "against" anything, it is only because it somehow stops him from making money. It has been, is now, and always will be, only about him. He threw Americans under the coronavirus bus to try and protect his chances at reelection, and people like you are still defending him? Priceless.

[quote]we can look into the background of this created impeachment scandal

He ADMITTED to attempting to extort a foreign government for his own personal gain and he rightfully got impeached for it. HE created the situation that got him impeached.

[quote]as well as some of the highly suspect

Won't even go into all of the conspiracy theories that you listed after this statement. You really believe that if there was anything there to be found, that the Republicans (and Trump-appointee William Barr) wouldn't be investigating the shit out of it? Seriously, dude.

[qoute]Please be sure to vote all Republican, all the way, because due to the machine and pay to play politics of the democrat party in the past, you have to consider anyone operating under that banner as highly suspect.

We've all watched the Republican Party cover for Trump and his grifter family for the past three years, but it is the Democrats who should be viewed suspiciously? Really drinking the kool-aid with that one.

[qoute]Trump is certainly not my ideal candidate

Understatement of the fucking year. He's a narcissistic, self-serving con man, who is also very probably a sociopath.

[quote]the press has been out to impeach him on made up charges from the day of his election

Oh, please, no one has to make up impeachable charges on Trump. He commits them on a daily basis.

[quote] I can see why he has to resort to his social media outbursts.

You mean his narcissistic, drug-induced tantrums? He's doesn't resort to them, he can't help himself.

[quote]How long would it have taken if such an accusation was made against Donald Trump

Trump (Mr. Grab'em by the Pussy) has MANY such accusations against him of this type of behavior. Voting for someone with only a single accusation would actually be a step up.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2020 7:10 PM

Wow, seriously, no spell check on the word "quote"? My computer let me down!

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2020 7:13 PM

Maha Gessen has writtenhow the totalitarian dictator can penetrate even your dreams. I dream of Trump and Ivanka frequently. My most recent on involved me waiting for Ivanka to drive up to the main gate at Fort Meade, Maryland and vouch for me to let me on base. She did and I got into her limo. I woke up at that point.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2020 7:13 PM

Please provide proof about this uranium deal with Russia, r19. This is news to me. I Googled it and haven't come across any FACTUAL info just a bunch of right wing propaganda meant to scare simple minded people. Could you link this to an actual news source? You're so eager to trumpet the Clintons getting payback from the Russians yet most of the GOP have VERIFIABLE donations coming from Russians. How do you reconcile that, r19? It is proven that the tariffs with China COST us money.

You are not smart, r19. You bought into the lie to give a vote to an administration that could give a fuck about you. Thanks for costing thousands of people their lives, r19. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2020 7:49 PM

Don't bother arguing with Trump Trolls. They are unconvinceable, unchangeable sociopaths. Anybody who would support Trump at this point is a lost cause. Ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2020 10:06 PM

R32, Oh, reading you post makes me so so sad. I can only think, that somewhere, out in the vast wilderness, there is a little village. And it's missing it's idiot. You actually used the most reliable source of information in the world, Google, and couldn't find anything about the Clinton Russia payoffs. How many of the first two links did you look at? Ever heard of Greg Jarrett's "The Russia Hoax?" Oh, that's right wing propaganda isn't it. Well, the book makes some pretty specific claims, and it's been out for about a year now. Hmm, not one accusation of slander, not one libel suit. It's all a big coincidence that Hillary signed away a good chunk of our uranium reserves to the Russians, and the Russians just happen to make a huge donation to the Clinton foundation. It's no verifiable contribution, as I'm sure that the records were destroyed along with the rest of their computer records. The Bidet's son just happened to land these million dollar contracts because of his huge experience, and his father's position and contacts surely had nothing to do with it. It was his brains, not the contacts. Do me a favor tonight, when you're out howling at the moon. Cut it off about 11:00 or so, so I can get some sleep tonight.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]I see that you have addressed all my points in the traditional "progressive" fashion. Throw mud and avoid the facts.

Since you did not, and cannot, support any of your "points," there is nothing to "address." One trivial example: there was no "uranium sell out to the Russians." You're either a deliberate troll or you're remarkably ignorant, not to mention more than a little stupid. Discussion with you would be a waste of time.

Back on topic: personally, the biggest impact on me has been the frustration: frustration at such obviously ridiculous posturing, ignorance, and whining being normalized; frustration that our news media cannot handle Trump properly; frustration at the lack of critical thinking skills of far too many voters; frustration at people deciding that "stick it to the libs" is a valid philosophy of government; frustration at the number of people who want someone "strong," who is "in charge," who is unfettered in what he does, and simply do not understand what they really are asking for and what that leads to.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2020 10:40 PM

The question you have to ask is: is your worrying and hyper vigilance changing reality? I had to get off that merry-go-round of bullshit Trump and the media are dedicated to keeping us all on. Stop watching media but stay informed. Get off Facebook or blogs that keep you anxious, and stop trying to convince anyone they are wrong and you are right. They want to believe Trump’s American jingoism. Vote blue and do everything you can to get the GOP out of office. Take care of yourself. Destroying yourself worrying does nothing. It’s a shame so many of our countrymen are willfully ignorant, gullible or just plain stupid. Nothing you do will change that.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] It's all a big coincidence that Hillary signed away a good chunk of our uranium reserves to the Russians

Since that did not happen, I'm afraid that, like the rest of your posts on this thread, you are simply exposing your total ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2020 10:41 PM

Hey, r19. That village idiot joke brought me back to the 90's schoolyard, thanks for the memory. The 90's is probably when you peaked too. The Clinton years must have been difficult for you. Relax, breathe in the corona, ease out.

You cite The Russia Hoax? Ok. Gregg Jarrett is a Fox News Analyst which basically means he's a fabulist, and a terrible one. Sorry you bought into more GOP lies and bullshit. Hope it doesn't cost you your life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Greg Jarrett? OMG....hahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2020 3:22 AM

R38, You actually went to school? If Greg Jarrett is so full of shit, why isn't anybody suing him? Could it possibly be that these are all proven facts? And again R39, just laughing....you're on your way to being a CNN analyst. No facts, just mocking. It must be hard for you all to deal with reality.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2020 1:15 PM

You do understand that only idiot politicians engage in lawsuits, right, R40? I'm afraid that using that as your bellwether simply continues to expose you as an utter fool.

As for "facts," since you haven't posted any on this thread, we'll just continue to laugh at your ridiculous trolling attempts. Tell us again about how Clinton sold all of our uranium to Russia, won't you?

What's interesting about our trolls is that they can't seem to come up with anything new. It's just the same tired old shit that's been debunked for literally years. We've all seen this shit before. Nothing in R19's original rant was new, none of it was true, all of it was ludicrously foolish and easily debunked.

Can't we please get some smarter trolls? Or at least some more interesting ones?

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2020 4:34 PM

Forget about livestreaming beating the shit out of Trump in your basement. I'd pay to watch r19 get the shit beat out of him.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2020 4:39 PM

The Gipper said it best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2020 4:58 PM

Yeah, people are just so happy with NO GOVERNMENT REGULATION right now!

It's only raising the cost of respirators and household items by 1,000%!!!

Small-government country dumbfucks strike again!

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2020 5:02 PM

R6 I now hate all Republicans. Thanks Trump!

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2020 5:10 PM

r19 and I agree on one thing: the impeachment scandal was "created."

BY DONALD FUCKING TRUMP!

Here's another 48 + crimes Trump should be impeached for:

Tax Evasion

Charity Fraud

Campaign Finance Fraud (the hooker hush money).

Divestments Clause of the Constitution — not stepping down as CEO of his companies when he became President.

Firing James Comey = Obstruction of Justice

Firing multiple Justice Department officers on political grounds = Obstruction of Justice

Extorting the Ukraine and misappropriation of Congressional funds.

Money laundering for Russian oligarchs and mafioso through several real estate properties.

Encouraging Russian criminal activity, hacking and ill-gotten dirt on Hillary Clinton, the D.N.C. and Joe Biden = Treason

Prostitution & Pandering, including his whore wife procured by Jeffrey Epstein.

25 + victims of rape or sexual harassment, some with multiple counts each.

Accepting bribes from Saudi Arabia to change U.S. policy and military aid against Qatar.

Conspiracy with Saudi Arabia to murder Jamal Khashoggi.

Conspiring with bribed Michael Flynn and bribed Paul Manafort to kidnap and ferry Turkish dissident Fethullah Gülen to Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

COVID-19 Relief discrimination.

COVID-19 profiteering, which is another Divestment count.

COVID-19 insider trading.

That Pelosi doesn't continue to impeach Trump over all these charges and more is enough to replace her leadership in the House.

There should also be a Congressional investigation into the death of Jeffrey Epstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Shitler's Reich will come to an end in 2020!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2020 5:15 PM

I have never hated anyone and I'm 70. I now not only Hate Trump but every damned Republican out there. Hate is an awful thing.........

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2020 5:22 PM

I think that I am no longer hopeful—that’s my takeaway. It just feels like I’m trapped in these boom and bust cycles of political and economic stupidity that never allow me a sense of stability or advancement .

We elect leaders to run our government so we can focus on running our own lives. But with Trump and all his incompetence and corruption, I feel like I have to stay constantly vigilant. It boggles my mind that so many people find Trump acceptable, enjoyable and worthy of trust.

It’s the equivalent of having Freddie Krueger over to babysit and going out for the night even though you’ve seen all the movies. But because he’s says as the best babysitter and everyone says he’s a 10, you’re going to go with it because you think to yourself, “Why would he lie?”

Fucking stupid country.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2020 5:24 PM

I seem to have a constant low-level anxiety and fear which I feel is justified. I have to do things now to distract myself from political reality that I never had to do before, such as binge-watching 60s & 70s TV shows -- and I'm 60. This guy makes Watergate look like a parking ticket. And even Nixon did some good things for this country, including creating the EPA.

Every morning when I wake up I have to blink for a few seconds before I realize that yet again, I have awakened to this ongoing nightmare that is the Trump "presidency."

May it end soon.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2020 6:41 PM

Mary(s)!!! GET SOME THERAPY.

If you are women, okay, fine, I can see the hysteria even if it's still stupid. But if you are a guy -- gay, straight or in between -- it's absurd and I actually feel embarrassed to you. NOTHING HAS CHANGED since Trump took office! I still have my health care, I still can get married, it's an absolutely insane way to live if you can get this upset by who is in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2020 7:04 PM

I really fear the outbreak of Anti-Trumpitis more than I fear COVID 19 now. These people are completely irrational and out of control. No logic, no reasoning, no standards, just out of control hatred for the President. This is unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2020 8:04 PM

Ponder this question: What could be worse than Trump winning reelection? Trump losing the election!!

Look at what's happening in MIchigan, where Deplorables are storming the streets, displaying their guns, blocking entrances to hospitals; all because of a few inconveniences put into effect to keep them from dying. And egged on by Fox News.

That could be happening in the entire country on Wed after election day. You know Trump will encourage it. And to make it worse, it's not like he leaves the oval office on that day. He still has 2 1/2 months to finish out his "term". And that is all assuming the election even takes place.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2020 8:29 PM

Trump didnt do this to you. You did it to yourself, you sniveling little loser/ professional victim.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2020 8:45 PM

I think that if the Trump cultists start a revolt, then the American military should use any type of force necessary to quell it, including mowing them down in the streets. We'd be well rid of them, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote]I got off of Facebook and Twitter because of Trump so that's on the plus side though everybody acts surprised when I didn't know someone died/divorced/married/remarrie - d/etc. because it was announced on social media.

Do people discuss Trump on Facebook? Only one cousin of mine posts Trump-related stuff - he's anti-Trump like me - and nobody else posts anything even remotely related to politics. It's fucking boring as hell.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote] Trump didnt do this to you. You did it to yourself, you sniveling little loser/ professional victim.

Spoken like a true abuser.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2020 9:19 PM

You must know a lot of like minded people, r56. I grew up in the South and now live in LA and I had many lifelong friends turn Republicans. It was easier for me to leave than pay attention to it.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2020 10:25 PM

I’m faux lesbianism. I think the ability to say a woman is beautiful makes me a lez.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2020 11:36 PM

r51 = deadly pandemics, civil rights, wars with Iran, trade wars that kill U.S. jobs and government corruption are nothing to worry about!

NICE TRY, NATASHA!

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2020 11:39 PM

r52 = "Blah blah, blah ... sticking my fingers in my ears ... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

This fuckin' baby has the nerve to call Trump's critics "completely irrational."

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2020 11:40 PM

r53 is seriously issuing death threats if we don't vote for Trump.

#LockHimUp!

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2020 11:41 PM

r52, shut the fuck up. You people have had your four years and it was a FUCKING DISASTER. Now go home with your tail between your legs and SHUT. UP.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2020 12:09 AM

Below How Rump will exploit the virus and why his supporters will stand by him.

TL;DR?

Because conservatives were actually either BORN with an aversion to others who don’t look like them, and are afraid of them or disgusted by them, and equate foreigners to germs and illness, OR, because they were trained to think this way from the time that they were infants, by their parents.

Liberals tend to be more logical, and employ critical thinking skills in order to mitigate danger & are aptly more motivated or concerned, with making correct assessments, meaning employing analytical skills before running away from, or fighting against, perceived threats that are actually not threats,

Conservatives react more primally in new environments and perceive their environments as “fight or flight”. When the brain operates on this specific “switch”, it is unable to use critical thinking skills, because fight or flight requires triggers and the reaction to that trigger, only. This is why FOX News is so successful. The brain loops between fear->anger->fear->anger, and is trained to eventually just operate from either, or. If the conservative in question witnessed violence as children, same thing. Victims of child abuse? Same thing. War veterans & PTSD? Also reinforces the loop.

Progressives are somehow either born with the ability to use the fight or flight response ONLY when truly necessary, or are just less afraid of perceived threats, because they are naturally inclined to, or were taught to, perceive threats as possible challenges that can lead to more positive outcomes, if viewed with curiosity or compassion, rather than fear.

Basically, conservatives are more apt to fight or pursue flight, if they see an Alien step out of a UFO, having landed in their back yards, while progressives will observe before fighting or running, and could even lose their lives, by attempting to make sense of the unknown. However, those seconds spent observing, are valuable enough for progressives to take chances, & they’re usually willing to do so, if they believe the possible outcomes to be positive enough, & can be achieved, without the necessity for violence of force.

I betcha we will have this virus return with a vengeance before the election. Not that it won’t kill people from now, til then, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see far more alarmist “framing” via conservative media, expertly timed before voting. They really are being exploited & they’re way too scared & angry to recognize this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2020 3:01 AM

r53 = psychopath right-wing subterfuge.

Pretending to be a Trump-hating liberal after I trashed Trump and all of r53's bullshit statements.

If you can't beat me, join me?

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2020 5:43 AM

"since Trump: I’ve gained 20lbs, my hair is 20% thinner, my anxiety/depression is constant, my career is in shambles and I’m addicted to the Internet "

OP, this is called entering late middle-age. What you're going through is perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2020 5:52 AM

I've always been interested in politics and only bothered with Obama during the elections. (Rick Scott enacted vile voter suppression tactics; stood in line 3 hours to vote.)

After the disappointment of Mueller and the Impeachment, I stayed away from the day-to-day. A few weeks later COVID-19, he's on TV EVERY DAY. I can't watch the news. Or even read it. He just too toxic and he makes anyone who follows his antics absolutely furious.

I just stick to COVID-19 and how it affects me.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2020 6:04 AM

I have come to believe that what bothers me most is not Trump himself, who we all know is a vile human being to the core. It’s the daily forced legitimacy of the scumbag as an actual leader by the government and media—-and that somehow we should respect him despite what he says and does on a daily basis to undermine this county. It’s like being held hostage in a abusive relationship.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2020 7:22 AM

Trump basically moved the National Rock and every scumbag shit-sucking loser scuttled out and is crawling all over the body politic, enjoying their day in the sun. Alas, as they are both stupid and evil, they don't have much to offer the nation. Fortunately, as they are evil and stupid, they lack staying power. You can't plan for the future when you're stupid and you can't build trust and loyalty when you're evil. Their time is coming.

As for Trump, no other president has inspired such day-to-day loathing in me. This shambling, bloated silicon tit does nothing but lie, stuff hamberders in its face-cunt and blow quarts of shit out its ass.

One good thing - the Secret Service must be amazing at their jobs. Because I imagine there's an assassination attempt daily. Most of them from Melania.

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]This guy makes Watergate look like a parking ticket. And even Nixon did some good things for this country, including creating the EPA.

Yup. Carl Bernstein has said Trump is worse than Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2020 8:21 AM

I'm upset over the state of affairs, for sure. But, I wouldn't say he's impacted my day-to-day life.

Except, I honestly don't know what to do about members of my family who support him. I love most of them, but honestly, I'm getting to the point where if they keep supporting him, I just don't want to have a relationship with them. The things they're supporting by supporting him are evil. I would say that's by far the biggest impact.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2020 9:08 AM

I feel an overwhelming sense of anger towards others who support him because I feel like they are complicit in how hopeless, pessimistic and cynical I have come to feel about the world.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2020 9:23 AM

I’m now embarrassed to be an American. The world is laughing at us. Our friends and allies have been scorned and betrayed. No one trusts us anymore. Our reputation is flushed down the toilet. He’s taken a fucking WRECKING BALL to this nation and I, very sadly, don’t know if we’ll ever recover.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2020 9:38 AM

It kind of goes both ways: The Dump administration has renewed my faith in the government civilian, who frequently get a (deservedly) bad rap. I feel humbled at the number of people who put their careers - and in some cases their lives - on the line to do the right thing, call out corruption where they saw it and worked hard to do their best in spite of the fuckery, cruelty, and malfeasance of the Dump administration. For however much people bitch about the government and the people who work for it, it demonstrates the number of people who work hard every day to keep our country running and the disastrous impact when those people are fired, sidelined or just completely undermined.

On the flip side, I have no tolerance for any Trump supporter at all. I used to feel like "live & let live" but now I have no tolerance any support of this bullshit.

Final thing: I always had mixed feelings about Nancy - I thought she was a lightening rod for controversy & past her prime, but she is truly a heroine in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2020 9:43 AM

I honestly do not believe this is true. Most countries and those especially those close to us have 1000s years of history and know were just stuck with asshole Trimp now.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2020 9:44 AM

I hope you are right R75, but if this country re-elects this human scum—or lets him take over by exploiting the pandemic—we deserve to be left to our own devices. These are truly dark days.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2020 10:29 AM

I had the good fortune to move from the U.S. during this time, not because of Trump but as a happy coincidence.

It's sad to see the ripple effect of Trump: that a ceaseless piling of lies upon lies makes causes people to forget the value of truth, that an unending barrage of callousness and scapegoating erodes compassion and responsibility. It's uglier by the day and everyone seems, in different ways and degrees, numbed by the descent ever lower.

At this point, I'm happy to be at a distance to the U.S. and the last four years have eroded any sentimental attachment to the place. I'd be happy never to visit the country again, though I hope to see its fortunes turn.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2020 12:10 PM

You really wake up every morning worrying about what Zimbabwe thinks about us? Who the fuck cares? MARY, GET SOME THERAPY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2020 3:51 PM

That racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile in the White House is a symptom of a larger problem in American society, so I refuse to invest in hatred of him. It's not worth my time. I am disgusted with the level of selfishness, ignorance, hatred, and antipathy that Americans demonstrate. It's evident in their hostility toward people in Central America fleeing violence and poverty (Just like their American forebears fled). It's evident in their complacency with the detention centers where these refugees linger (these are concentration camps). It's evident in their ignorance and antipathy towards anyone but themselves. It's evident in their rejection of truth and facts.

I knew this imbecile was a lying charlatan who will do anything to protect himself. I am disgusted with his enablers, who compose the Republican Party. I am not surprised that the imbecile broke the law and continues to abuse his power. I am appalled at his Republican cohorts who abet him in these crimes.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2020 4:49 PM

oh, honey... dry those tears.

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2020 11:42 PM

By gently massaging out prostate with a chop-stick and pretending it's Trump's clenched fist rammed hard and deep, [R80].

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2020 11:44 PM

Wit! AND Wisdom! What a clever cunt.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2020 11:46 PM

Limit the time you spend watching cable news if coverage of Trump's deplorable antics causes you high stress. I watch a maximum of two hours a day. An hour in the morning, and an hour in the evening. It is mostly Morning Joe and the PBS news hour. I still like reading the daily paper.

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2020 12:18 AM

I gave it up all that shit for a week and was able to catch up in a couple of hours on the weekend. Not watching the daily deluge of lies and trolling from Trump is a gift you can give yourself.

by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2020 12:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!