Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Desi Arnaz Jr

Watching "House of the Long Shadows" starring Desi Arnaz Jr. He's very handsome and gives a nice performance. He has been good in every film he made though there weren't a lot. He could have had a huge movie career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2020 7:42 PM

I had a huge crush on him when I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2020 7:56 PM

r1=Marcia Brady

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2020 8:00 PM

Seriously, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2020 8:34 PM

Yup he was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2020 11:27 AM

Sometimes people's looks fade. Other times they landslide out of control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2020 11:34 AM

He doesn’t have his fathers eyes

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2020 12:01 PM

Chip off the old block.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2020 12:04 PM

Maybe thish time I will hold him fasht......he'll be home at lasht.....

The lasht shtraight man I dated.....

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2020 12:30 PM

He didn't want the spotlight. Led a quieter life in Nevada. Nice that he and his sister and DL fave, Lucie Arnaz, have remained close.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2020 1:30 PM

He’d look just fine if he lost 30 pounds. He still has nice facial features.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2020 1:36 PM

Judging by the pic @ R5, he'd have to lose 30 pounds in his face alone.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2020 2:04 PM

uncut, like dear old dad?

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2020 3:10 PM

He got fat early. He was chubby by his run on "Here's Lucy."

Anytime an actor leaves a show because he/she think he/she is too good for it, is disaster.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2020 4:33 PM

He's Sean Astin's father, right? They have similar facial features.

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2020 6:12 PM

r13 I think he left the show because he had too much of his mother's bossing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2020 6:14 PM

He wasn't fat in '74 when he did a western picture with Gregory Peck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2020 6:47 PM

He was really cute, so was Dean Martins son.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2020 6:48 PM

He was attractive but a really bad actor. Very wooden and waggled his eyebrows to convey emotion.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2020 8:06 PM

He inherited his father's weakness for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2020 8:11 PM

He certainly had questionable taste in women. He was with Patty Duke for a while; he was 17, she was 23. Their relationship was a scandal; she got pregnant and the movie rags screamed that it was his baby (it wasn't). Supposedly Lucy couldn't stand the idea of her son with such a crusty woman as Patty Duke. Or so the movie rags claimed. On the other hand, the movie rags claimed Lucy was overjoyed when Desi Jr. took up with...Liza Minnelli. Yes, Lucy supposedly was all in favor of having the wacko, druggy, LIza Minnelli as a daughter in law. I recall a photo of Desi and Liza at a party; she was wearing purple eyeshadow, batwing eyelashes and looked stoned or drunk out of her gourd. Desi Jr. eventually wised up and the affair with Liza was over. He went on to marry a very attractive, talented actress named Linda Purl, but it didn't last. Supposedly Lucy didn't like her, either. He eventually married again and the marriage lasted. He'd had a problem with drinking and or drugging, but overcame his addictions. I think he's done pretty well, considering how fucked up his childhood was. He's a survivor.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Linda Purl has been married and divorced four times, so she's probably no prize either.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2020 10:03 PM

r21

rah-JAR

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] considering how fucked up his childhood was

Yeah he had it so rough...NOT

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote]I think he left the show because he had too much of his mother's bossing.

Lucie Arnaz (who pretty much has been honest in her dealing with her family) said, he only committed to two years at the start.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2020 5:00 PM

Linda Purl has remained good friends with the Arnaz's since she married Desi.

Liza wasn't into cocaine when she was dating Desi. That came a couple of years later. She was more of a stabilizing influence than Patty at the time.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2020 5:11 PM

Desi Jr was most definitely a fat kid. Later, slimmed down, he was considered a celebrity and loved it. Those of you who say he didn't like the spotlight must not have been born in the early mid-70s. All of Desi's bad romancing gave him grown-up visibility, and he became a real actor, or though he was a real actor. He wanted to be a movie star. Unfortunately, his acting ability was zero. A TV movie or two, a small part in a feature, and it was over. He descended into alcoholism like his father.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2020 5:17 PM

Lucie Arnaz did an episode or Law & Order (during the Fred Thompson run) playing a "Martha Stewart" type character.

She was excellent. One of my favorite episodes of Law & Order.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2020 5:19 PM

Didn't Desi Sr fuck one of Jr's girlfriends? Was it Liza?

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2020 5:21 PM

" Desi Jr. eventually wised up and the affair with Liza was over."

Um, no. Liza dumped younger Desi abruptly and became "engaged" to Peter Sellers for a week. She actually call press to make the announcement, I remember seeing it on channel 5 WNEW 10PM news. Liza said the relationship with Desi had been deteriorating and "that's all over now" because she was engaged to "Peeta."

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2020 5:25 PM

Very funny, R28.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2020 5:26 PM

It's always sad to me Lucie Arnaz had some talent but didn't go very far with it.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2020 5:27 PM

Btw, in case you haven't noticed, both Lucie and Desi Jr had their Arnaz noses thinned through surgery. Before:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2020 7:37 PM

"Liza wasn't into cocaine when she was dating Desi. That came a couple of years later. She was more of a stabilizing influence than Patty at the time."

Oh, sure she was. She just wasn't into it as heavily as she got to be late. She was NEVER "a stabilizing influence."

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2020 7:54 PM

"Um, no. Liza dumped younger Desi abruptly and became "engaged" to Peter Sellers for a week. "

I really doubt that she "dumped" Desi for Peter Sellers. The relationship with Desi fizzled out and she glommed onto Peter Sellers for some insane reason. Sellers was even crazier than she was.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2020 7:56 PM

"Yeah he had it so rough...NOT."

Oh he never lacked for material worth, being the offspring of two big stars. But his parents were a womanizing drunk and a humorless control freak who lived for work. On an emotional level, he and his sister had it pretty rough.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2020 9:03 PM

Lucy was a pretty decent parent. She wanted Desi to work with her to keep him out of trouble and to keep an eye on him.

DL has perpetuated this myth that she was some bitter, alcoholic tyrant, but that wasn't the case. She wasn't always a barrel of laughs and she could be difficult on occasion, but she wasn't some mean spirited, ballbusting lush either.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2020 9:07 PM

R34, Liza ended her attachment to Desi Arnaz Jr and started an attachment with nutso Peter Sellers without taking a breath. In other words, dumped.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2020 9:44 PM

"Liza ended her attachment to Desi Arnaz Jr and started an attachment with nutso Peter Sellers without taking a breath. In other words, dumped."

How do you know SHE dumped HIM? Could well have been the other way around, and it probably was. Her immediate attachment to Peter Sellers (who was loony as a bedbug) suggests someone on the rebound. Yes, Desi probably woke up and smelled the coffee and ran for the hills, prompting Liza to "fall in love" with Sellers. She must have REALLY been desperate for a new love, because Sellers was a weirdo creep.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Nice try, R38. Probably was? Ha ha. Liza Minnelli is a media whore, especially then. And there was no rhyme or reason for anything she did, ever. Desi could have dated anyone, but Liza was a huge star at the time which must have been the attraction, besides free drink and drugs of course. He was a kid and followed her lead until she got tired of him. She's that superficial. He was that unsophisticated... I can tell you weren't around in the seventies reading all of this shit, seeing Desi fumble for an answer after being asked on TV about Peter Sellers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2020 10:41 PM

"Probably was? Ha ha. Liza Minnelli is a media whore, especially then. And there was no rhyme or reason for anything she did, ever. Desi could have dated anyone, but Liza was a huge star at the time which must have been the attraction, besides free drink and drugs of course. He was a kid and followed her lead until she got tired of him. She's that superficial. He was that unsophisticated... I can tell you weren't around in the seventies reading all of this shit, seeing Desi fumble for an answer after being asked on TV about Peter Sellers, etc."

Yes, I'm sure you were a warm, close, person friend of both of theirs and were privy to their innermost feelings and knew exactly what they were thinking and doing at all times. You wish. HA HA!

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Continue with your fantasy, R40. I'll bet now gay Desi is waiting for your call.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2020 10:52 PM

R41, Desi Arnaz was never gay, except in YOUR fantasy. You've got a lot of fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2020 11:00 PM

^ DOB: 1999

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2020 11:04 PM

In case you don't get it, R42, I'm making fun of you, you dumb twit.

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2020 11:11 PM

In case you don't get it, R44, I'm making fun of YOU, you dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2020 11:33 PM

.....and another thread dies.......

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]who was loony as a bedbug

Bedbugs are looney???

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2020 4:24 PM

"Bedbugs are looney???"

It's an expression not meant to be taken literally, you silly knob.

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2020 7:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!