Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Irony in Sharon Tate's murder

Sharon Tate is always considered a tragic angelic figure. It's just a myth. People put her on a pedestal because of her angelic looks and the way she died. Sharon was very much involved in a sick drug fueled, satanic cult, with her twisted ex lover Jay Sebring and other friends.

Her death was terribly tragic but she and her friends were freaks, devil worshipers and played with fire, but The description written on the door by the psycho killers was ironically right "Pig"

They certainly didn't deserve to die that way, but It's true they lived their lives like pigs. After the murder, the police found disturbing pictures of pig's heads burned in fireplace. The Irony is chilling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2020 12:15 AM

From "Why Me?" book by The Sammy Davis :

Jr. Story he describes how he drove to the disco called The Factory, “that I had a piece of. I ran into a bunch of young actors I knew. One of them said to me, ‘Hey, man, there’s a party, you wanta go?’ Each of them had one fingernail painted red, an inside thing among Satanists to identify themselves to each other. I was curious.

The party was in a large, old house up in the hills and they were all wearing hoods or masks. They had a naked girl stretched out and chained to a red-velvet-covered altar.

“I played it cool. ‘Hey, what is this?’

‘We’re Satanists.’

‘Oh, this is a coven . . . ’

‘Right. The chick’s going to be sacrificed.’

“I’d read enough about it to know that they weren’t Satanists, they were bullshit artists and they’d found an exotic way they could ball each other and have an orgy.

“One of the leaders of the group tilted his hood back to show me his face. It was a good friend of mine, Jay Sebring, my barber, who’d become famous in Hollywood. I’d always known Jay was a little weird. He had a dungeon in his house and he’d say, ‘You’ve got to come over, man, see what I got downstairs. I’ve got some real antique pieces.’ . . . I never went there, but we were friends and often went to the same parties.”

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2020 7:18 AM

From Steve McQueen: Portrait of an American Rebel by Marshall Terrill: McQueen mentioned the occult in an interview, dated October 21, 1980, not long before McQueen passed away.

Joy: There’s an area we need to pick up before I forget, because it keeps coming in my mid. That is, at one time, Steve, you went into the occult. Is that right? Did you go into any sort of...

McQueen: I was on the ring of it. Jay Sebring was my best friend. Sharon Tate was a girlfriend of mine. I dated Sharon for a while. I was sure taken care of; my name never got drawn into that mess. He [Sebring] was having an affair with the girlfriend of a warlock. It may be for the worse, but I was always against it. I was one of the ones who felt that I was one of the good guys, but boy I tell you, they did a number on me. I’m against that whole thing.

Joy: I know you are. The whole impact of what it means to you and what it meant to you, even then. There’s a subconscious area that was attracted into the circle.

McQueen: Oh sure.

Joy: And it comes out of the power element of it.

McQueen: Not for me. It was the women, and the dope, and the running around. That’s all that was.

Langer: There’s women, and dope, and running around in many circles. There was something that intrigued you.

McQueen: But I didn’t know it was the occult. It’s bullshit is what it is. No, I really didn’t know what it was, and by the time I did, I had never gone to any of the meetings. Never knew anything about it and was always against it. It was never for me.

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2020 7:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2020 7:22 AM

From Sharon Tate's book by Ed Sanders:

One disturbing possibility regarding Sharon Tate’s residency at the Chateau Marmont has to do with an investigation, in 1974 (six years later), conducted by an Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) agent named Richard Smith. (The INS is a branch of the US Department of Justice.) Smith gathered information on the activities of an English occult group that had oozed to the United States in 1967 and 1968. John Phillips reportedly had befriended the group and donated oodles of money to it.

Smith prepared a report in October of 1974, in which he stated that information provided by the LA County sheriff’s office stated that Sirhan Sirhan “was contacted by” the satanic English organization “and had attended some parties given by television personalities in behalf of the organization, where rites took place usually dealing with sexual deviations and heavy drug use. One of these parties took place at Sharon Tate’s home.”

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2020 7:25 AM

Sharon Tate is hilariously stupid, whitewashing the history of her sister and friends:

"The world lost an amazing set of philanthropists," Debra Tate said of her sister Sharon Tate and her friends. "They definitely would have been the movers and the shakers in this industry."

A bunch of twisted, self indulgent, drug dealers and devil worshipers were amazing set of philanthropists!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2020 7:35 AM

R5 here, Sorry, I meant "Debra Tate" is hilariously stupid .....

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2020 7:37 AM

Another thing is very ironic, When one of the psycho killers told them at the very start "I'm the devil and i'm going to do the devil work"

Be careful of what you wish for and worship.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2020 7:40 AM

So this is what the religious right wanks over.

Kinky.

Also: sad.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2020 7:49 AM

R8 NOT only the religious, Any sane individual with common sense avoid this dark world.

Devil worshiping? !WTF

No wonder all of these freaks ended up in freak accidents like Jayne Mansfield.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2020 7:53 AM

OP = John Waters.

John, shouldn't you be eating out Leslie Van Houten's snatch?

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2020 9:26 AM

Acid is groovy, OP

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2020 9:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2020 9:54 AM

The religious right are more satanic than Christian.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2020 10:08 AM

I love you, r12.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Why is the print in Original Post gray with lines through each line?

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2020 10:23 AM

TIN-HAT RIGHT-WING HOLLYWOOD SMEAR OF THE HOUR!

Never mind how Dark-Sided Trump, Putin and the Republicans are.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2020 10:26 AM

Wow so bizarre this thread popped up today. I had a dream last night and Sharon Tate figured prominently in it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2020 2:33 PM

There are no accidents, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2020 2:40 PM

I spent an hour or two on a website that has a very good collective database on the Tate/La Bianca crimes, as well as lots of little pieces of the big picture, such as bios of other, tertiary characters who had some connection to the principal victims and murderers.

I arrived at that site after googling the name Winifred Chapman. In case the name isn't immediately familiar to DLers, Mrs. Chapman was Sharon's daily housekeeper. She normally worked Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday were her days off. Due to an appointment earlier in the week, Mrs. Chapman worked a half day on Wednesday, and arrived at Sharon's house Saturday morning around eight to work to make up for the half day she missed earlier in the week.

It was Winifred Chapman, completely alone, who, one by one discovered the corpses from the murders of the night before. She ran screaming from the house (the houses in this part of Benedict Canyon are spread far apart and it would be rare to have an unobstructed view of adjacent properties), found a neighbour, and he called the LAPD.

Chapman was just as much a victim of the murders as the deceased. I cannot for one moment imagine the damage caused by the shock of what she discovered was ever resolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2020 3:01 PM

The Irony

A bunch of twisted evil worshiper freaks killed by evil freaks.

The sad thing it affected innocent people like the housekeeper [at R19] , and Roman Polanski who was marked and influenced by Tatum and her twisted friends for life.

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2020 6:44 PM

Even though they may have done drugs and some variety of BDSM, they all sound kind of bland and pathetic. Satanism is cringy bullshit that only bothers fundamentalists.

They would be cosplaying youtubers these days.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2020 6:51 PM

Live freaky, Die freaky.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2020 6:54 PM

R21 "that only bothers fundamentalists."

NO, It bothers most people including the non religious and atheists.

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2020 6:59 PM

Very interesting DL thread.

LA in the late 60's early 70's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2020 7:08 PM

R23 Why?

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2020 7:41 PM

OP is a Trump supporting idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2020 7:52 PM

Bullshit - every word of it. These books are written by insane people.

OP - get some help.

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2020 7:55 PM

Was it 'dramatic irony'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2020 8:00 PM

R27 Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring and their friends were the insane ones.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote] NO, It bothers most people including the non religious and atheists.

I’m hot and not bothered.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2020 9:14 PM

Count me in as an atheist not bothered by Satanists! I love Kenneth anger!

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2020 9:57 PM

Marianne Faithful said (in her book) that she dabbled in this shit with Kenneth anger and she regretted it her WHOLE life. She strongly warned people against it. She said it was one of her biggest mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2020 11:10 AM

Satanic Cult? No. That is just bullshit. Some people are just obsessed with calling out Satan lovers....it is all just bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2020 11:25 AM

O.o spooky

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2020 11:00 PM

you sound dumb, OP.

belonging to a fake, theatrical and over the top "cult" as an excuse to get your freak on doesn't mean that you are asking for a drugged out, fake hippie criminal gang to stab and strangle you to death simply because you live in the house previously occupied by an asshole acquaintance of said hippie criminal gang.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2020 12:09 AM

This just confirms my admiration for Sammy Davis, Jr. He put up with a lot of crap his whole life, including and especially in freaky, racist Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2020 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!