Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Haircuts in the New Order

They’re all closed right? Where am I supposed to get a haircut? Am I supposed to let this ride till June?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2020 7:35 PM

You can risk a back alley haircut. Small price to pay for self-confidence.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2020 5:38 AM

I parted my hair on the opposite side. Oddly enough, it seemed to buy me some time. It also hid some grey.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2020 5:46 AM

I need a haircut too! I've got to do something. I can't last another month. Why hasn't someone invented six-feet long scissors?

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2020 6:07 AM

When I was young (before [italic]Roe v. Sassoon[/italic]) I was forced into a back-alley haircut situation.

Oh, sure, I knew about big-city places like the Lipstick Beauty Salon; the rumor was that a warsh-and-set would run you $100 there. I didn't have that kind of money, much less the cash for a regular haircut.

The man in my town butchered my bangs and left me with one sideburn higher than the other. Then he dumped me on the street to figure out my own aftercare. No spray. No conditioner. No product whatsoever.

Young people don't realize what it was like then.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2020 7:17 AM

I like Bernard's, personally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2020 7:47 AM

I have been thinking about this a lot because what else do I have to do all day. I predict that long hair will return with a peppering of buzz cuts. The two extremes. When this is all over, some will find it interesting having long hair that they may have never had and first trip to the salon will be more of a styling than putting it back the way it was ala 60's love child. Or, the other extreme shave it all off by yourself because you can do it yourself. I wonder what real hairdressers think?

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2020 11:13 AM

Ask or look around. Plenty of barbers and hair stylists have gone mobile in response to being shut down, or already were.

If you have his number call up your normal guy and see if he is doing any thing similar.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Another thread on this subject. Trust DL beauties to be scrupulous about their coiffure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2020 12:08 PM

Yet another thread about haircuts fyi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2020 12:09 PM

We're amassing quite a collection of threads here. We'll have to wear them in a ponytail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2020 12:10 PM

Und so weiter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2020 12:11 PM

Flowbee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2020 12:13 PM

[quote]Ask or look around. Plenty of barbers and hair stylists have gone mobile in response to being shut down, or already were.

That's not a good idea. My guy cuts my hair like that all the time, he comes to my house. But now is is not doing anyone's hair because if just one person was infected but asymptomatic, he could get it as well and spread it to all his clients unknowingly. And hairdressers have a lot of clients usually.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2020 12:16 PM

Yes we know R12, everyone knows about the Flowbee, it's been posted 20 times on every hair thread if you bothered to read them.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2020 12:17 PM

Headband. Ponytail. If Wuflu madness continues into summer, real short top, sides, back aka hair clippers.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2020 12:23 PM

My sister is a hairdresser and the shop she works at is closed. Her clients won't stop calling her asking for her to go to their house, or they come to hers. She's told all of them no and many of these fraus are throwing fits.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2020 12:58 PM

All sorts of roots are growing in...... AA women who get their hair relaxed, women who color/bleach their hair, etc.... the sudden PAUSE act order in NY and other places caught many off guard.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2020 1:08 PM

Fraus need to get over it R16. Tell your sister to hold her ground. They obviously don't care about her as a person.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2020 1:09 PM

Do you have any tape in the house?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2020 1:11 PM

I don't see what the problem is, all you need is a bowl and some clippers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2020 1:13 PM

If your haircut isn't super complicated, you can try using electric clippers on yourself. The big secret is to start with the longest shield that takes off at least SOME hair, and move down by one per day.

For example, my sides are normally #2, and my top -- normally scissored -- is around #5. So, I started with #7 on top, and worked my way down the side blending with #6 and #5, ending with #4. It was too long, but was short enough to take off hair from on top & the sides.

The next day, I did it again, using #6 down to #3. At that point, I decided it was good enough to stop actively annoying me & left well enough alone. Now, every few days, I repeat it using the same shield progression. My hair doesn't look as good as it does after a proper cut, but looks better than it normally would if I went 5 or 6 weeks, and is short enough to stop me from pulling on it subconsciously.

If you need supplies or dye, try sally beauty's website if Amazon Prime is still useless... free ground shipping on $25 orders.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2020 1:15 PM

I've never been happier that I learned to cut my own hair than in times like these.

My hair will still be laid. Jealous bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2020 7:24 PM

I ordered a trimmer off Amazon. We’ll see. On one hand, being single assures I can control the spread of virus in my place. On the other, fairly confident I am hurtling toward another tragedy in at home hairstyling.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2020 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!