Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

COVID-19 casualty: I need a haircut!

I had an appointment on March 27. Of course everything was closed and still is. I'm a guy. I don't have COVID-19. But it's already been seven weeks since my last haircut. I can't wait another five or six weeks--and things may not even be open by then. I live alone. I don't mind being at home, in fact I prefer it. However, my hair gets thick and bushy.

Any recommendations? What are you guys doing with your hair? Any else getting kind of crazy about their hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2020 11:27 PM

I trimmed mine myself. Key word: Trim.

Or, you could get a flowbee.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2020 8:47 PM

Good lord, Mary. Who the fuck is even going to see you in the next two months?

Wear a hat....or a fucking Easter bonnet!

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2020 8:48 PM

I ran out the first week to get a haircut, got it reduced to a 1 all over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2020 8:49 PM

R2. The people at the grocery store will see me! I'll see me! Having fairly decent hair length is the only thing that makes me feel somewhat human during this crisis. I could go off the deep end any day now.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2020 8:53 PM

R4

Honey, sounds like you passed that rubicon already.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2020 8:57 PM

We'll bring long hair back, it will be a new trend.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2020 8:58 PM

Mary, life goes on even if you aren't looking your fuckable best. Let this be a challenge in overcoming your own vanity by having to go without a haircut for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2020 8:58 PM

My hairdresser is making house calls

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2020 9:07 PM

OP , gurl! You can do this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2020 9:08 PM

R7. Stop calling me Mary. I'm trying to have a sensible, rational or even humorous discussion. No need to be insulting, you mean bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2020 9:09 PM

Fags gonna fag.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2020 9:10 PM

Just give yourself a buzz cut to tide you over.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2020 9:11 PM

R11 is my new hero.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2020 9:13 PM

Buy some clippers at CVS and buzz yourself down. Or get someone to do it for you. Is there someone you trust who’s not Covid? There are lots of YouTube videos that will show you how.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2020 9:13 PM

I'm surprised more attention hasn't been paid to the practice of covering one's hair while outside and shampooing nightly. I have been wearing hats or scarves to avoid airborne particles landing on my hair, and a bedtime shampoo prevents said germs settling into my pillowcase and, subsequently, my face and nasal passages during the night.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2020 9:41 PM

Miss ,with all due respect, I have my own problems. I have no time to accommodate everyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2020 9:50 PM

2 shots of scotch + 2 mirrors + electric clippers = Haircut!

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2020 10:27 PM

R10

MARY!

MARY!

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2020 10:30 PM

You'll either have to buzz it off yourself... or you can hire someone to come into your home and do a professional cut. You'll have to be prepared to pay well.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2020 10:36 PM

Pretty sure that Pet Grooming salons can still open, you could give one of those a try?

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Dear OP Hitler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2020 11:00 PM

I’ve got a set of hot rollers you can borrow.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2020 11:04 PM

OP, how do you know you’re not Covid-positive?

Did you get a test? And even if you did, and tested negative, every time you step foot out of your house you risk picking it up and a change in your status.

Or the same for anyone who may cut your hair.

You’re hot anyway. Your hair growing out is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2020 11:05 PM

Highly doubtful that is OP in the picture, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Buy yourself a nice scarf and tie it around your head! It will keep your hair back and out of your face. Then if you go outside you can put the scarf around your nose and mouth if you don’t have a face mask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2020 11:10 PM

Unless OP is male model Alex Libby, that's not him.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2020 11:12 PM

R23 you must get catfished daily.....

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2020 11:16 PM

OP, I should have gotten a haircut the second week of March. Well, now we're stuck. Who cares! No one does. And I decided to stop shaving too. I'm into the second for that. It's itchy. I've never had a beard, so why not now? See what I look like at the start of June.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2020 11:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2020 11:17 PM

I know that, r24 and r26. I’m not that fucking stupid.

But would it hurt to give someone a compliment who’s clearly having an issue with his appearance? I mean really?

I didn’t want to tell OP he looks like a fucking caveman and smells equally bad. Oh, can he see this post? Oops.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2020 11:18 PM

My barber did a house call.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote]But would it hurt to give someone a compliment who’s clearly having an issue with his appearance?

Since when have we started doing things like that around here???

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2020 11:20 PM

OP, I'm surprised you missed this thread on this subject with its flattering subject line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2020 11:22 PM

Fuck you, r32!!

Is that Datalounge-y enough?

Seriously, though, I haven’t been handling this whole pandemic thing very well mentally, and being an essential worker doesn’t help. A little humor at the end of the day helps me a lot.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2020 11:23 PM

4 to 6 more weeks of house arrest and we're all going to be wearing lumpy buzz cuts and off-register lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote] off-register lipstick.

The horror!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2020 11:24 PM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2020 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!