Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you gained weight during the quarantine so far?

I don't know how much I've gained, but I'm heading out to the truck scale to get a reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2020 11:23 PM

Much like the Freshman 15, you've gained the COVID-19!

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2020 6:25 PM

I’ve lost five pounds. I usually eat out daily and lift weights four times a week. This is eating into my gains bro

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2020 6:27 PM

I've lost weight. I eat more when I go out, and I'm not going out.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2020 6:27 PM

Like the 2020 Olympics, my summer body has been postponed

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2020 6:29 PM

i'm trying so hard to return to intermitten fasting but the cookies are stopping me.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2020 6:30 PM

I've loss 20 lbs in 7 days!

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2020 6:32 PM

Get lost, R2!

Nobody wants you here.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] I've loss 20 lbs in 7 days!

Fantastic.

Maybe now you could also take this time to brush up on your grammar and spelling.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2020 6:50 PM

No, I've been losing about 2 pounds a week. I think it's a combination of exercising more out of boredom and lack of access to junk food.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2020 7:02 PM

Yes Op, probably about 5-7 lbs. i hoarded pop tarts in every flavor which is going to do me in. They come in packages with 2 a piece in each foil so I (convince myself that I) have to eat an even number.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2020 7:07 PM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2020 7:09 PM

Cooking more of my own food, so controlling the carbs and salt, so holding steady.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2020 7:12 PM

I have, but not much, as my bakery of choice was closed for a week during but not because of the quarantine.

I need to start on my whey shakes, as some of my clothes are either ripped or holey, and some others are tighter.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2020 7:12 PM

I’ve lost six pounds in two weeks!

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2020 7:14 PM

Ugh yes. I'm going to look like this guy by the end of quarantine, just with less confidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2020 7:14 PM

Tell me about it, OP. If this keeps up, I'm going to be obese. I'm "working" from home, but the connection is so bad it's frustrating, and the the fridge and the pantry keep beckoning while I'm waiting for something to load.

The only thing I've been good about is not drinking (alcohol) during the day.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2020 7:16 PM

Actually lost a little bit, but that's because I was sick with bronchitis.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote]I'm trying so hard to return to intermitten fasting but the cookies are stopping me.

Is that where one tries to pick up and handle foods, wearing mittens?

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2020 7:17 PM

Yes and now I have the perfect bottom bubble ass. Problem is after this is over how do I maintain the ass and get rid of the tummy??

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2020 7:19 PM

I tried to weigh myself on the scale in my bedroom but the battery suddenly died. I think it was from shock.

Oh well, back to the mini chocolate croissants and apricot rugelach.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2020 7:19 PM

No--I'm losing weight, eking out my provisions so as to avoid going to the grocery store for another 2 weeks. One egg omelette, not two (for example).

I'm also using a Kleenex for 3 blows, instead of one.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2020 7:55 PM

Yep, I’m eating lean

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2020 7:58 PM

I've lost a few pounds. No vending machine junk food or high calorie lunches even though for the most part I tried to eat healthy food for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2020 8:11 PM

Nope - I am losing weight (no dining out, clubs, bars, conventions, cafeteria, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts is good for me!)

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2020 8:15 PM

Yeah, my abs looking lit right now as I lose fat!

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2020 8:22 PM

I've stayed about steady already being on a diet in the first place. Not being able to go anywhere doesn't help but I still go for a long walk everyday and do some indoor exercising.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2020 8:28 PM

I have the biggest craving for fried chicken. I saw Chrissy Tiegen and John Legend frying up chicken in their kitchen a couple days ago and I've been craving it ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2020 8:30 PM

Yes, drinking like a fish

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2020 8:30 PM

I'll never forget that years ago the usually nice show business columnist Liz Smith stated that not even a stick of dynamite could blow all the fat off of Marlon Brando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2020 8:33 PM

Isn't that why we wear caftans, to hide those sneaky pounds.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2020 8:35 PM

I've lost a couple of pounds. I'm walking daily and keeping my calories low.

Formerly I ate several meals or more out and now, not at all. I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds and plan to keep up this routine when the quarantine is over.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2020 8:36 PM

It’s been like that for almost everyone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2020 8:39 PM

I've gained 6 lbs. Although I've maintained my 18/6 IF schedule, the amount I'm eating during those 6 hours is out of control. Must.stop.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Yes, only a couple pounds on the scale but my body is getting very soft. I was lifting 4 days a week until they closed the gym and I'm not very focused at home. I'm also drinking every day. Walking my dog is the most exercise I've gotten. Bought new running shoes but I haven't been a "runner" in over a year and just have no desire.

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2020 8:45 PM

Losing by doing the 16:8 fasting method. I've been doing it for a month so far and have lost 11 lbs. Staying home is helping.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2020 8:50 PM

Yeah, I’ve put on a few lbs. Like R19, I’ve got a nice bubble butt growing (and I wasn’t exactly lacking anyway). I didn’t notice until I put on my jocks the other day and I was spilling out of it. I took a few photos in the mirror, but the combination of ordering out and working from home and the gyms being closed, it’s only going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 36March 28, 2020 2:20 AM

I can't believe what I just did. I haven't had Pepperidge Farm frozen cake in like 15 years. I just bought a coconut cake (needed to buy some frozen vegetables and some produce, wore a mask/gloves and the place I went to had a limit on how many could go in at one time, plus the whole tape on the floor thing).

I ate half of it.

Fuck this quarantine!

by Anonymousreply 37March 28, 2020 2:25 AM

^amateur

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2020 3:16 AM

I cannot stop eating.

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2020 3:17 AM

I spend the better part of the day keeping myself from eating more, more and MORE! I'm miserable. I clean my apartment more and think of food. I even think of food when I'm cleaning the toilet. I watch TV and think of food. I stay on the computer and think of food. I go to sleep and wake up thinking of food. I'm so filled with anxiety and fear. You'd think those alone would kill my newly ferocious appetite and hunger.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2020 3:24 AM

Since you lose weight when you’re sick, I prefer to call it pre-Corona bulking and think of it as part of conscientious Corona prepping.

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2020 3:29 AM

I’ve lost about five in two weeks of shelter in place. Moving less, eating less.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2020 3:34 AM

What IS the tape on the floor thing ??? I saw that at Bjs.

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Social Distancing. Keeping people 6ft apart as you wait to pay

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Funny, I just noticed tonight that I definitely have a soft belly, and my legs are feeling pretty soft. I work out 5 days a week and have replaced this with drinking at night and sleeping in. Then I make a big breakfast before I start working.

I finished the ice cream tonight and I only have a little bit of booze left, so I am going to get serious about not getting fatter. I also need to start rationing food so I don’t have to go shopping.

I usually have a big salad every day and often have one with dinner. Haven’t had salad in 2 weeks. Maybe I’ll pick up one from a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2020 3:51 AM

My Maris gained some weight. Her spandex top finally doesn't blouse anymore.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2020 4:03 AM

I was always fat.

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2020 4:18 AM

If you keep that up, CV shelter in place will be over by June and you will be fat - just in time for the summer!

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2020 4:27 AM

I weigh myself at the gym so who knows when I can get on a scale again.

I’ve been self isolated for three weeks and expect to be for at least three more. Starting Sunday I will break these bad habits and try to undo the damage. Starting with getting up and getting dressed in real pants and a belt each day.

Pajama/lounge pants allow you to get fat.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2020 4:29 AM

On Ash Wednesday, February 26th, I stopped eating cookies, cakes, pies, candy, chocolate and ice cream, with my annual plan to eat sugar all day on Easter Sunday.

My Easter Brunch usually consists Peeps, chocolate eggs, jelly beans, expensive box of fine dark chocolate, bakery.

Let's just say I started my Easter Brunch early. Also I just polished off a carton of Papa Murphy's Pizza Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

I feel hungry.

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2020 4:32 AM

I'm a pound or two overweight in the few days since quarantine. I don't how people on DL can handle being as obese as they are all the time.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2020 4:56 AM

no, I was overweight and started losing weight last summer and didnt feel well, cardivascular issues. I was nauseated for weeks and light headed etc and lost more weight and didnt go to the dr. I also switched to plant based diet. Anyway I had a stress test and other tests in oct and had dropped 35 lbs by that point and was at an ideal wt for my ht. I passed the test and the xray showed one artery somewhat clogged. But since I had lost so much wt and had been going to the gym and was able to run on the treadmill at the gym and the stress test was normal I didnt have to do anything, no stent.

My health depended on diet and cardiologist wanted me at gym 6 days a week and doing cardio. Which I have done. The hardest thing with all this re coronavirus is the gym is closed of course and I stopped going about a week before out of fear. Ive been walking and doing pushups and sits at home but it isnt the same. I had really been limiting my calories and it has been harder and I weighed myself a week ago and hadnt put on any wt, but Ive been super bored the last 3 or 4 days. Im eating more but nothing I shouldnt.......... just more of what I always eat now................ So no, havent really gained any wt but it is a struggle constantly and I have food issues so its complicated.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2020 5:05 AM

Lost several kilo. Since I've been under government-mandated house arrest, I make it a point to go out and hike around every day for an hour. Especially since I live in a town in the middle of a forest, and the formerly nocturnal animals now come out and forage during the day. There's nothing that lifts the spirits more than seeing a deer or a couple of wild pigs walking down the street or chowing down on the fallen fruit from the tree in someone's garden.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2020 5:07 AM

[quote]Especially since I live in a town in the middle of a forest, and the formerly nocturnal animals now come out and forage during the day.

Stay away from bats. We don't need you spread COVID-20!!!

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2020 6:19 AM

spreading*

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2020 6:19 AM

Funny I know most people eat more when they go out but I almost always eat less, because the atmosphere makes me eat slower, I’m talking with whoever I’m with, and there’s less focus on the food. I also wasn’t depressed af.

Plus my gym is closed and I don’t have a any kind of good regimen in its place.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2020 7:08 AM

Lost a little. That may change.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2020 7:45 AM

I haven't worked up the nerve to weigh myself, but I feel like I've gained a little bit. I'm trying very hard to maintain a decent diet but of course choices are limited right now and the gyms are closed. All I can do is take walks but that's not the same as using the machines at the gym. And I'm not drinking alcohol so at least those calories aren't a problem at the moment. Like others have said, sitting at home all the time is boring and you just want to stuff your face, and fighting those impulses takes some effort.

I'm afraid we're all going to look like shit when this is over.

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2020 7:57 AM

Op, does a Pope poop in the woods? Is the bear Catholic?

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2020 8:03 AM

I'm so bored all I want to do is eat. I'm halfway tempted to start smoking again as an appetite suppresant.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2020 8:03 AM

How many of you girls are using food as a substitute for sex?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2020 10:18 AM

I’m celibate

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2020 11:35 AM

"I'm a pound or two overweight in the few days since quarantine. I don't how people on DL can handle being as obese as they are all the time."

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote]Stay away from bats. We don't need you spread COVID-20!!!

I'm a lactoveg.

However, I have discovered the fruit bats on my kitchen counter chowing down on mangoes I'd left out to ripen. Quite a sight on my 3AM stagger to the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2020 12:10 PM

Probably lost a few because I tend to stress not-eat and have to remind myself to have an actual meal

by Anonymousreply 65March 28, 2020 12:14 PM

Mindy Cohn been reading DL again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2020 11:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!