Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I shaved my head today. Oh my.

And I look ugly now. What makes some men look good with a shaved head, and others, like me, look fugly?

I'm thinking of Britney's shaved head right now. Why did I shave my head? Because I always wanted to try, and I thought that if there was one time to do it, it would be now, during the quarantine. No need to go to work so nobody will make fun of me. We're going to be stuck at home for several months, so my hair will grow back if that was a mistake (and it is one). I look good with some hair in my head, but bald doesn't work for me.

So what makes some men look good with a shaved head, and others, like me, look fugly?

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 7:15 AM

If you’re a punkinhead, don’t.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2020 5:53 AM

There's a solution to your problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2020 5:55 AM

I like you either way, maker of shoes..

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2020 5:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2020 6:02 AM

Personally I don’t like gays with super overprocessed hair with highlights and annoying pompadour bullshit. Shaved heads and crew cuts are hot!

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2020 6:14 AM

Op, give yourself time to adjust. Of course it will grow back. I always wanted to but my head is huge and I think it would look freakishly huge shaved.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2020 6:45 AM

My hair is currently super tangled, and it’s going to take me about two to three days to detangle it. Probably one to two hours per day, with a wide toothed comb, in order to not break it, seriously.

This is what happens when you have long, curly/wavy hair, and don’t brush it for a few days.

I was so depressed, I just lied in bed, and this is what happened 🤷🏽‍♂️

That’s OK. I just have to do it. I dread the work it takes, but it’ll be fine.

I can’t wait for this thing to be over. I’m getting really anxious with this isolation shit. But I was smart to do it before I became exposed to it. People in my community have been exposed to it, and had I not chosen to self isolate, I would have been exposed to it when I took precautions weeks before anyone else did. For all I know, I may have already gotten it, and am asymptotic? Hopefully, not.

The fact that I already have depression and anxiety does not help, but I know that this beats the alternative.

OP, your hair will grow back. And if not, fuck it. People don’t love you because you have hair. They love you because they love YOU.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2020 7:02 AM

OP, my hair thinned considerably while I was on chemo. I considered shaving it, but my long time hair stylist found a way to cut it so that it could be styled to cover the patches. It was short and spiky and it worked well, but if you got up very close, you could see the damage.

My hair grew back quite quickly after I was done with treatment. You'll be surprised at how fast you get it back.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2020 7:06 AM

Getting rid of your hair just highlighted the fugly that was always there, OP. Now, there’s just no more hair to disguise and distract from it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2020 7:20 AM

[quote]So what makes some men look good with a shaved head, and others, like me, look fugly?

Their handsome faces? OP, not so much. BLEH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2020 7:25 AM

OP The shape of the head.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2020 7:32 AM

Yes the shape of the head.

Hair is to the shape of the head what a shirt is to the love handles.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 6:45 AM

Op, it will grow back in a month. Short hair looks great.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 7:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!