Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

On hold to apply for unemployment

Unable to do it online for some reason. Tried calling 77 times yesterday to get a "all lines are busy, try back later". Called this morning at 7:59 and have been on hold for 20 minutues. If they know they are going to be overloaded, why not plant better? Hire more people or give the option of getting a call back?

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2020 7:16 PM

Wow, just started ringing and got a message that said I'll be hold for 67 minutes (approx.). Fucking ridiculous. Just shows how inefficient bureacracy is.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Do it online...

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2020 1:46 PM

Suck it, OP. Have you not been reading the news about the unprecedented events happening right now?

I hope you get your claim established. And after it's exhausted, I hope there is an extension granted. Because you're awful. No one is going to want to hire you and your narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Can't R2. I put in all info and it says "we can better serve you by calling......"

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Yeah - what states aren't online at this point? I'd be surprised if most major states don't have online unemployment claims and verification.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2020 1:52 PM

See R4, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2020 2:00 PM

I hate when you go online to do something and it tells you to call.

Their servers probably cant keep up with the demand right now. Most states unemployment divisions receive very little funding and are horribly run.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2020 2:37 PM

...why not plant better?

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2020 3:16 PM

Yeah, I know R8....wish DL had a edit button.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2020 3:42 PM

77 times?

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2020 3:49 PM

Yes, R10. I finally got through today. Took 2 1/2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2020 3:58 PM

Hold time is now 14 days.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2020 4:03 PM

I'm on break, hunty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2020 6:25 PM

If the stimulus bill goes through, unemployment will cover 100% of salary!

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2020 6:27 PM

The home page for the unemployment office should have an option to print a form that you can mail in. It might actually take less time to mail it.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2020 7:10 PM

Unemployment is for little people.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2020 7:11 PM

Here in Florida, it took me about 90 minutes to apply on the website. The system must be overwhelmed, kept throwing me off or going back to the beginning and making me start again.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2020 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!