Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Since most of us are on lockdown I thought this would be the perfect time to start our very first thread on this never-before-discussed mystery.

It's a long shot, I know, but has anyone ever heard of the Dyatlov Pass Incident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Oh my goodness. Was it an incident on the Matterhorn ride, when Disneyland first opened?

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2020 5:17 AM

This is a most necessary thread.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2020 5:18 AM

How do you pronounce it?

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2020 5:23 AM

Diet-Love?

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2020 5:28 AM

Getting the pronunciation right is a great start because to my knowledge no Datalounger has ever uttered the word!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2020 5:34 AM

A gruesome story -But not as much of a mystery as people like to claim. Avalanche. That was the conclusion of the original investigation, and the later one that concluded last year. Extreme sport is risky, and you really have to know what you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2020 5:57 AM

They weren't doing sports R6. People who were to handle the remains were told to prepare themselves for high levels of radiation (suits & drugs). An avalanche scene wouldn't require that.

Also it has come out (from Russian soldiers on their death beds) that they had made more than one trip to where the victims were found (but the other trips were keep top secret).

Victims were missing a tongue, breast tissue & suffered what some called radiation burns. Animals attacks or a natural disaster are only conclusions for the stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2020 7:22 AM

I have heard of it, OP. Really interesting mystery. Good topic for a thread.

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2020 10:54 AM

Yes OP I have heard of it but for some reason it never interested me much. What do the DL sleuths think happened?

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote] What do the DL sleuths think happened?

Perhaps Gandalf was there and told them “You shall not pass the Dyatlov Pass!”

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2020 5:29 PM

That's why I love DL - always on the cutting edge of investigating mysterious, unknown tragedies.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2020 5:31 PM

I believe COVID's a current manifestation of the Dyatlov Pass Incident.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2020 5:35 PM

Clearly God struck them down for unmarried men and women sleeping together in the same tent!

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2020 5:36 PM

So it's pronounced Death-Love,?

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2020 8:33 PM

There's an interesting movie about it (fictional). Kind of silly, but entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2020 8:44 PM

Only one body exhibited higher-than-normal radiation. What were first thought to be radiation burns were discovered to be the result of the bodies being buried in ice and ice water for several months. The submersion also explains missing eyes and tongue -First things fish and sea creatures go for. As for "classified missions" the Soviet government routinely classified EVERYTHING. It took several expeditions to locate all of the bodies, and every single one of them was classified as top secret for years.

If the Russians had developed some sort of atomic weapon/ray gun -whatever, its effects would have been seen on all of the bodies, rather than just a couple. And we would have seen subsequent examples of its use in the last 60 years. Everything that was found was consistent with severe weather and an avalanche. Most died of exposure, having fled the tent without proper clothing. Others were buried and crushed under the snow, and their bodies eventually became fish food. Occam's Razor, people!!

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2020 11:22 PM

Conclusion: a big nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2020 12:01 AM

Yeppers

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Didn’t they eat each other?

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2020 12:51 AM

What's next? A Keddie Murders thread?

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2020 12:58 AM

Pick a conspiracy theory -ANY conspiracy theory!

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2020 1:42 AM

I still wonder if it was wolves or bears? To me, Bigfoot can not be proven...maybe they are from another dimension?

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2020 2:05 AM

Dyatlov Pass is the natural habitat for both bats and pangolins.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2020 3:50 AM

I have never heard of this. Tell me more?

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2020 3:59 AM

R24, it's a good topic for a thread.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote] I still wonder if it was wolves or bears?

Wolves and otters. Theys my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2020 4:20 AM

R16, that's the sort of party pooping we have no need of here.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2020 4:22 AM

Bear? Bears are sweet! Besides, you ever see a bear with forty-foot feet?

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2020 4:54 AM

Aliens!

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2020 5:32 AM

IKR?

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2020 5:32 AM

OMG!

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2020 5:36 AM

[quote] OMG!

Dyatlov right?

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2020 5:37 AM

I thought I came across it somewhere in another thread, then read the wiki article. Somehow I remember this team of expert mountain trekkers and scientists took off from a capmsite in the middle of the night and vanished without a trace, high in the Urals or Caucusus or some Soviet bloc mountain range...

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2020 5:40 AM

[quote] I thought I came across it somewhere in another thread

I'm quite certain you did not. It must've been a post about another similar incident.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2020 5:42 AM

R33 was me. Sorry. Jumpt in without reading

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2020 5:43 AM

I hope one day we’ll have a thread about it, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2020 5:43 AM

Ok, I know this “incident” is brought up a lot here, but I’ve never heard any really well thought out conspiracy theories for this.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2020 5:48 AM

Yetis!

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2020 6:04 AM

This is what I love about Datalounge: Always something new to explore.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2020 6:05 AM

Yuri Yudin the only really cute one survived. So it has a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2020 6:37 AM

Dyatlov has been thoroughly explored by Datalounge. It comes up again every couple of years or so. It's definitely in the DL Hall of Fame of Strange Occurrences, Disappearances, and Grisly Murders.

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2020 8:00 AM

Whoooosh!

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2020 8:37 AM

Until we get a thread, maybe we should rate their dreaminess as though they're K-Pop stars.

Yuri Y's favorite color is dusty rose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2020 8:45 AM

Yuri D was a steamy Scorpio!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2020 8:46 AM

Igor D loves Disney movies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2020 8:49 AM

Aleksander K's favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2020 8:51 AM

Yuri K was a premature baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2020 8:53 AM

I can’t even begin to understand why this is the very first time ever this incident has been the subject of a Datalounge thread. We’re all going to learn so much previously unknown information!

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2020 8:54 AM

Rustem S always brings freshly baked cookies to a first date!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2020 8:54 AM

Nikolay TB loves long walks in the rain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2020 8:57 AM

Semyon Z is acknowledged to be the prankster of the group!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2020 9:00 AM

I want to believe it was something supernatural

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2020 9:24 AM

Apparently one of the hikers got worried that there wouldn't be enough food so he led the rest of the mountain climbers except for the well hung one that he was enamoured with to a plateau that was quite a distance from where they originally set up camp. When the hikers suddenly found themselves in a blizzard, he suggested that they set up camp so that they could keep warm during the storm. Being the only one with any direction sense, he knew that if he left the hikers there, they wouldn't be able to find their way back to the camp where he planned on spending the rest of the day sucking off the well hung guy he liked. Unknown to him, one of the hikers who saw their dickmatized leader ogling the well hung man's package had become suspicious that this might happen, so he left a trail of pirogies that his grandmother packed in his backpack for him before he left for the expedition. Unfortunately, Ming, the Chinese tourist--unreported as one of the mountain climbers by the news--gobbled up all of the pirogies ravenously as they were led away from the camp, foiling the plans of the mountain climber who has left them on the ground to help them all find their way back if they found themselves left to die in the blizzard. The mountain climbers who were led out into the blizzard were forgotten by the leader as he was busy deepthroating the well hung guy and froze to death as they attempted and failed to return find their way back to the camp. Worried that the mountain climbers may have gotten lost, the well hung man set off to find them, with the dickmatized hiker trailing behind him drooling. After what seemed like hours of searching without success, the two men decided to return to camp. Distressed by the potential loss of the other hikers and also frightened for his own life, the well hung man was not able to get it up for the dickmatized one. The dickmatized guy, who couldn't satisfy his hunger for big dick started to experience shlong withdrawal then proceeded to shoot the well hung guy and then himself and no one ever heard from any of the hikers again.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2020 1:49 PM

R51 looks a bit like Benedict Cumberbatch with a mustache.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2020 7:39 PM

Can someone start a thread on "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" ? We might as well tackle that mystery too while we are all shut in.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2020 11:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!