Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weinstein sentenced to 23 years.

Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison for rape and sex assault convictions

Disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison Wednesday for his rape and criminal sex act convictions following an emotional trial that was a landmark moment in the #MeToo era. Weinstein was convicted Feb. 24 of rape in the third degree for assaulting aspiring actress Jessica Mann in a New York City hotel room in 2013, and of committing a criminal sex act for forcing oral sex on former production assistant Mimi Haley in 2006.

Harvey Weinstein juror: "There was nothing simple" about decision

Weinstein arrived in a wheelchair Wednesday morning to the Manhattan courthouse. He faced a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum of 25 years in prison on the criminal sex act count. The third-degree rape count carried a maximum penalty of four years, meaning Weinstein faced a maximum possible sentence of 29 years.

A judge sentenced him to serve 20 years on the first count and three years on the second count. He must also serve five years of post-release supervision and register as a sex offender.

Attorney Gloria Allred, who represents some of Weinstein's victims, said she felt the sentence was fair and appropriate, but "whether he will ever be truly sorry, I don't know."

"This is a new day," Allred said. "It's a new day for women to know that if you have courage, there will be consequences for the predators who hurt you. So for the predators who are going to wake up and fear tomorrow, 'Are they coming for me next?' My answer is, 'Probably, yes.'"

Weinstein addressed the court before he was sentenced, saying "I wasn't about power, I was about making movies." He has maintained any sexual activity was consensual, and told the court he believed he had friendly relationships with the women.

"I had wonderful times with these people," he said.

He said he felt "remorse for the situation" but appeared to disparage the #MeToo movement, saying "men are confused" and "losing due process."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2020 10:14 PM

Well that's a good long time isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2020 4:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2020 4:21 PM

He should have received more...

And yet Trump lackeys who sold out America and endangered Democracy and its citizens receive slaps on the wrist in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2020 4:21 PM

Bombshell taught me a very important message. It's not about morality, it's about what plays. What's the audience want? The majority of Americans wanted to see Weinstein taken down the same way they wanted to see Ailes taken down. A significant chunk of Americans wanted to see Trump taken down, and we talked about it leading up to the election, but nothing happened. We tried to hold Brett Kavanaugh accountable for his calendar-keeping salad days and now he's a supreme court justice. Why? Because, apparently, Trump and Kavanaugh play. Enough of the audience wants to watch them, so they get to win. Weinstein doesn't retain the same viewership, so we're gonna cancel him... but don't worry, he'll be back in 23 years just like every other cancelled thing.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote]he'll be back in 23 years

We'll see about that.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2020 4:28 PM

Not perfect, but not bad either.

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2020 4:31 PM

FANTASTIC NEWS!

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]People losing their jobs over the fact that they testified for me, or people being afraid they are going to lose their jobs, is not the right atmosphere [...]

Oh, the irony Mr. Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2020 4:33 PM

How can a sick old man in a wheelchair, and on good days has to use a walker, be a rapist?!??

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2020 4:35 PM

R9 fuck you

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2020 4:37 PM

Read the signature, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2020 4:41 PM

Will poor, pathetic Harvey pull a "Jeffrey In Jail" stunt ?

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2020 4:41 PM

They should put him in jail with the Rapist Cosby so they can compare notes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2020 4:42 PM

đź™…[italic] Go To Jail

Go Directly To Jail

Do Not Pass Go

Do Not Collect $200

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2020 4:44 PM

Holy crap. They're really throwing the book at him.. I don't mind seeing an example made of Weinstein but it's still too bad the justice system is usually more lax.

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2020 4:50 PM

I do love the bit about "due process". A man who evaded accountability for 30 years, could afford the highest-priced defence barrister available, who had the ability to take the stand himself if he had believed himself to be that convincing a victim, is whingeing about "due process".

I'd love to take the top off his head and look in just to see if he actually believes that himself.

by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2020 4:50 PM

He won't serve a day. He's filthy rich. They've already laid the groundwork for dire illnesses; he'll be sneaked out of there as a corpse but disappear.

by Anonymousreply 17March 11, 2020 4:51 PM

I’m with you, r16.

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote] Weinstein addressed the court before he was sentenced, saying "I wasn't about power, I was about making movies."

HA HA HA HA HA ... wait, did he mean he made sex tapes? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Does it make me a rape apologist if I think this is an insane sentence? But I guess it's not surprising in the American justice system.

by Anonymousreply 20March 11, 2020 4:55 PM

He deserved 15 years alone for the stupid stunt of showing up in court with the walker and the wheelchair.

I wonder what kind of stories he will leak now to retaliate?

by Anonymousreply 21March 11, 2020 4:55 PM

He will do an Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 22March 11, 2020 4:59 PM

@ r21 Wait until that Gloria Allred sex tape suddenly surfaces... ew

by Anonymousreply 23March 11, 2020 4:59 PM

He will not survive this year.

by Anonymousreply 24March 11, 2020 5:02 PM

He should have tried to fake severe medical issues with his heart. At his age and state of health that would have been believable.

Stupidly turning up to trial using a walker was just laughably bad, and was bound to cause him even more trouble.

by Anonymousreply 25March 11, 2020 5:03 PM

[QUOTE]He will do an Epstein.

I mean, he's effectively dead in the hearts of the masses, so the physical component won't matter much.

by Anonymousreply 26March 11, 2020 5:08 PM

A list of Miramax movies:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 11, 2020 5:08 PM

Good!

by Anonymousreply 28March 11, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] I mean, he's effectively dead in the hearts of the masses, so the physical component won't matter much.

Did the masses really care-care about him anyway? He was a Hollywood big shot movie studio boss. The public usually only cares about actors and maybe directors. The only exception is Walt Disney and his family entertainment franchise.

by Anonymousreply 29March 11, 2020 5:14 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting 23 years for him. They are definitely not playing.

But I still want to know why bill o'Reilly paid his accuser $32M? That's a lot of $$$. What is he hiding? And can he still be exposed and sent to prison? I really don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 30March 11, 2020 5:16 PM

R29 I don't know... we're living through it right now, so you tell me: do people care?

by Anonymousreply 31March 11, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote] I don't know... we're living through it right now, so you tell me: do people care?

Well, they do care in the way that they want him gone, because he was creeping on actresses the public likes, or liked.

by Anonymousreply 32March 11, 2020 5:21 PM

He'll be out in five years. This sentence was an appalling joke. His MINIMUM should have been 23 years.

And R10 is a huge asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33March 11, 2020 5:31 PM

And ultimately that's all that matters. Bye bye, Weinstein! Enjoy your incredibly padded, luxury, 23-year long tap on the wrist? Do we know that he's see genuine consequences or will this be like the ending of Wolf of Wall Street where he's playing tennis with an ankle bracelet?

by Anonymousreply 34March 11, 2020 5:31 PM

Well done to the judge. 82 women filed statements against him.

by Anonymousreply 35March 11, 2020 5:45 PM

I'm not Jewish but I believe they (the public, zeitgeist, women, legal system, media) got the "ugly disgusting Jew", here. Weinstein deserved his punishment but so did many rich old powerful goys. Lauer is a half-Jew and handsome. He walked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 11, 2020 5:46 PM

At least with all those back blackheads and that hideous mug he won't be anyone's bitch in prison.

by Anonymousreply 37March 11, 2020 5:49 PM

Well deserved. Too bad he was convicted by the whores he didn't rape instead of the real victims of his abuse. A win is a win though. Right?

by Anonymousreply 38March 11, 2020 5:53 PM

Was he convicted of actual rape? A British actress accused him of bursting into her apartment in London and raping her.

If he is released after a couple of years could the British authorities request he is deported and build a case against him?

by Anonymousreply 39March 11, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote]Weinstein deserved his punishment but so did many rich old powerful goys. Lauer is a half-Jew and handsome. He walked.

What crime did Lauer commit except being an entitled asshole? And define "walk" He lost a $20 million dollar a year paycheck, his marriage and had to sell his homes.

by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2020 5:56 PM

Lauer set up his office as a rape room with locks. Pay attention. He's accused of raping in hotel rooms, as well. He walked because women didn't pursue criminal charges and get the D.A. to take them on.

by Anonymousreply 41March 11, 2020 5:58 PM

"Too bad he was convicted by the whores he didn't rape instead of the real victims of his abuse."

Nice of you to have so much empathy for the victims

by Anonymousreply 42March 11, 2020 5:58 PM

Thank god this didn't happen in my day!

by Anonymousreply 43March 11, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote]He will do an Epstein.

I believe you mean An Epstein will be done to him.

by Anonymousreply 44March 11, 2020 6:15 PM

He'll be released just in time for my 56th birthday bash.

by Anonymousreply 45March 11, 2020 6:22 PM

My wedding vows said "til death do us part," but I was out of there within the first five minutes of things looking bad.

by Anonymousreply 46March 11, 2020 6:32 PM

I wonder if at any time when these crimes were taking place if he thought I shouldn't be doing this? How could any sane person not think this is wrong? Could he have been proven insane? How unbelievably stunning it must be to think your sh$t doesn't stink and you can do anything you want to anyone you want to, getting away with it for so many years and now at the end of your life you are in prison. Same for Bill Cosby. Same for Epstein. If these men (too late for Epstein :( ) would write a truthful book about what was going on in their minds it would be a fascinating read.

by Anonymousreply 47March 11, 2020 6:39 PM

And why did Lauer get away with it? Yes, he is in his personal hell, but is that enough for his victims?

by Anonymousreply 48March 11, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] He should have tried to fake severe medical issues with his heart.

He tried. Right after he was found guilty. Didn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 49March 11, 2020 7:28 PM

[quote] How unbelievably stunning it must be to think your sh$t doesn't stink and you can do anything you want to anyone you want to, getting away with it for so many years

Welcome to Hollywood, kid.

by Anonymousreply 50March 11, 2020 7:29 PM

My wedding vows said "til death do us part," but I was out of there within the first five minutes of things looking bad. —Georgina Chapman

She'll always be known as Georgina Chapman Weinstein to me.

by Anonymousreply 51March 11, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote] And why did Lauer get away with it? Yes, he is in his personal hell, but is that enough for his victims?

The notion of American justice is not predicated on the idea of seeking vengeful satisfaction for victims.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2020 7:56 PM

Now that the SJW's have exacted their pound of flesh for violating the sanctity of the pussy, can we please get the victims of SJW's collateral damage, i.e. Al Franken, reinstated.

by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2020 8:27 PM

He'll be pardoned by Trump...

by Anonymousreply 54March 11, 2020 8:29 PM

It seems too much, to me.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2020 8:52 PM

R53 is an idiot. Probably Harvey himself or some stupid ass Republican who thinks being an SJW is worse than being a rapist. If Al Franken wants to be back in Congress, he can run for election like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 56March 11, 2020 8:55 PM

R54, in case you’re serious:

Trump cannot pardon for a state crime.

by Anonymousreply 57March 11, 2020 9:10 PM

R36 Has a great point. Weinstein may be a bastard but he's also being used as a target for the country to project its antisemitism on to. He's the "big nosed, money grubbing, slimy jew" that the public loves to hate, and I've heard plenty of antisemitic insults in reference to him to prove that.

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] "Too bad he was convicted by the whores he didn't rape instead of the real victims of his abuse." Nice of you to have so much empathy for the victims

Learn how to read. I do have empathy for the victims. It happens that the the women in this trial were not one of them. They sent emails to him after the "rape" saying they loved him and worked years later with him again. No victim who's traumatized for life would do that. People were thinking he'd be acquitted because the people involved in this trial were obvious whores who cried wolf, like Rose herself.

Good riddence that he's going top prison, but the two whores are not victims and many of the women in that courthouse weren't either. I personally think this case works against metoo, because it proves you can be convicted for something you didn't do. He didn't abuse these women, he abused others so he was made an example of. Unfortunely this will be used as a model to unfairly trial innocent men, believing blindly in the victims testimony. Of course none of you care about it, but that's whats gonna happen.

He should've been convicted for the women he actually abused, like the ones caught on video and audio. There's plenty of victims to choose from. Time will tell I'm right.

by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2020 9:32 PM

Hahah, is someone in this thread defending Weinstein?

by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2020 9:34 PM

R59, not all victims respond in the same way and they didn't all send him emails either. He paid thousands of dollars to Rose so clearly he was hiding something, but I guess you'd rather save your vitriol for the women

Funny how the MRA crowd is so concerned with men being falsely accused, but not with the guys who get away with it because the victims are afraid of being called liars by assholes like you

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2020 9:39 PM

No I'm not, Im defending a principle of fair trial that can compromise the life os innocent people and I'm also addressing the reality that many of his accusers, like Rose, weren't raped but took advantage of the fact he is a serial rapist to play the victim card when in reality they slept with him willingly to advance their careers and thus enabling this man to rape even more.

Maybe this is too sophisticated of an argument for you, but what can I do? R60.

Unhinged Rose Mcgowan is responsible for the suicide of her manager. A woman she falsely accused of not reporting her "rape" when her emails published days before she took her own life for the bullying she suffered online, proved Rose never called her night with Harvey rape, she didn't even make a big deal out of it (she was naked in a hot thub with him you put 2 and 2 togheter). That's just one of the side effects of her lies and of many of these women who slept with him to advance their careers and now call it a rape.

I know some of you are incapable of elaborate thinking and whoever questions the means through which justice was served is automatically a MRA or incel, but the arguments are ther for those who can read. Again, it's great he is in jail, but the way he was sent to jail was unfair and it will reflect on false accusations and the way the justice system handles these cases.

by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote] not all victims respond in the same way and they didn't all send him emails either.

The victims of the case did which is the point and why he was smugginly thinking he was gonna be acquitted, because he knew he didn't rape them. They were not traumatized, they were traveling with him to Cannes. So traumatized they were. Give me a fucking break.

The only way women respond with this type of subservience is when they're in relationships, to their husbands and boyfriends, that's the psychological situation a woman would continue an abusive relationship with a rapist, none of which was the case here.

by Anonymousreply 63March 11, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote]No I'm not, Im defending a principle of fair trial that can compromise the life os innocent people and I'm also addressing the reality that many of his accusers, like Rose, weren't raped but took advantage of the fact he is a serial rapist to play the victim card when in reality they slept with him willingly to advance their careers and thus enabling this man to rape even more.

Okay, I hear you. Rose McGowan's shit, so mount a fucking campaign against her and put her through the same system we put Weinstein through?

by Anonymousreply 64March 11, 2020 9:49 PM

Oh, by the way, I'm not saying you're saying that, I'm saying why don't you do it instead of bitching about her in the Weinstein thread? Let us celebrate a rapist's imprisonment. Why interfere with the celebration with Rose McGowan hate? Weinstein's bigger than McGowan. Make LOCK HER UP McGowan thread or something lol. Or stay here and bitch, whatever feels like a more fulfilling use of your time, GUUUUUUUURL, HAY GIRL HAY!!!!!!! SLAY GIRL SLAY!!!! FUCK MCGOWAN ALL DAY!!! FREE WEINSTEIN!!!

by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2020 9:51 PM

A woman already took her own life because of these lies, what else is there to do? Her "rapist", a man she had sex with to advance her career is in jail. A bunch of whores who enabled this man by servicing in return for a career are now perceived as victims. If I were a victim of this pig I'd be pissed that the ones making justice are precisely the ones who helped enable his behavior. Make no mistake they know who was really abused and who slept with him for something else in return.

I guess this is a win win situation, isn't it?

Where else would I post something about these case if not here? I'll post it wherever the fuck I want.

by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Some of the women were telling the truth about him physically attacking and raping them, r66. There was an actress living in London (not annabella Sciorra) who described how he forced himself into her apartment and assaulted her. I agree with you, many of them slept with the fat slob to advance their career, however, there was many who were genuine victims.

by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2020 10:08 PM

The man hates Trump, there will be no pardon.

by Anonymousreply 68March 11, 2020 10:09 PM

Some people refuse to understand how this world works. Men like Weinstein can ruin people financially, career-wise, mentally, etc. This silly notion that victims are not victims until they act accordingly is utterly ridiculous. Fear of losing your job can be as difficult to manage as the fear of losing your life. Nobody is safe from fear and intimidation and it's easy to say "well, go to HQ / the press / the police!" until you realize that it can make matters worse for you for being a tattle tale or "difficult to work with" or "not a team player".

It's not so much different with minors who get bullied or sexually abused (especially when it's an authority figure who is doing it). Are they not victims, because they don't report it right away or don't keep reporting it but instead put on a brave face and act like nothing happened? Does that make them less of a victim?

We adults are more adept to pretend everything's fine even though we are dying inside thanks to the shame, humiliation and fear while still having to do our jobs and duties. Maybe we self-medicate, maybe we get anger management issues, maybe suffer from depression, or snap one day. But sure, for an outsider it's just "well, he or she could've just gone to HQ / the press / the police and do it the proper way like all victims should do!".

by Anonymousreply 69March 11, 2020 10:10 PM

Ugh, I’m glad it’s a pretty harsh sentence and some justice is served, but now that this is done I’m a bit frustrated by the fact that all the movies he made are now tainted. And some them have been the favorite films of my adult life. It’s like Woody Allen films, I just can’t enjoy them in the same way anymore. So many are actress focused so I’ll always be wondering did he do it to her, and what about the many plus women he didn’t give the part to and abused? How could this monster not have been stopped in the early years?

by Anonymousreply 70March 11, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote] Some of the women were telling the truth about him physically attacking and raping them, [R66].

Did you even read what was said? I didn't say that there werent victims, just that the ones in trial weren't the victims. He had plenty of victims to choose from. Anyway, whatever I've said it all there was to say. If you can't read it, too bad.

by Anonymousreply 71March 11, 2020 10:13 PM

I wonder if he'll be eligible for parole after service 1/3 of his sentence? If so it's conceivable he could be out by the age of 75. I don't buy his serious health issues at all. I think that's been one big fraud in the hopes of a lighter sentence, just like Bill Cosby pretending to be so blind he had to have people guide him around. Fucker can probably see better than me.

by Anonymousreply 72March 11, 2020 10:15 PM

He's still rich so he'll have perks. Next step, mark my words, will be a fight to sue him in civil court. it's gonna be really interesting to see real victims fighting for compensation while professional whores will play the victim card for his money. Sadly, the professional whores are much better equipped to get the biggest cut. Maybe we'll have some public dirty laundry on who was actually a victim versus the ones who were not. I'll get some popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2020 10:18 PM

WTF? That's like complaining that Al Copone got sentenced for tax evasion and not for his actual crimes and he should've gone free until the police can nail him for his real crimes.

by Anonymousreply 74March 11, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote] WTF? That's like complaining that Al Copone got sentenced for tax evasion and not for his actual crimes and he should've gone free until the police can nail him for his real crimes.

Not it's not. This is classical false equivalency. Convicting someone for something he didn't do based on the sole victim's testimony will affect innocent people being accused of the same crime. Totally different scenario. Capone's tax evasion wasn't fabricated it was real so that didn't affect anyone.

by Anonymousreply 75March 11, 2020 10:22 PM

The minimum which is what he'll get is 5 years. He'll be out when he's 72. But maybe he'll die of a heart attack or diabetes before then. I'm waiting for the posters who will scream 'But it's a life sentence!'

by Anonymousreply 76March 11, 2020 10:24 PM

* equivalence

by Anonymousreply 77March 11, 2020 10:24 PM

Does anyone have a link to that sex tape of both Weinstein and Jennifer Lawrence? I remember seeing it posted here on datalounge. I’m only asking because someone is calling me a liar, saying she never slept with Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 78March 11, 2020 10:31 PM

Hahahah, sorry, there's a sex tape of Weinstein and Lawrence fucking and it's some secret thing making the rounds on DL? Would a tape of that magnitude not make more prominent news sources? Or maybe I just missed it lol.

by Anonymousreply 79March 11, 2020 10:33 PM

Somewhere, tonight, Annabella Sciorra is raising a glass of Chianti.

by Anonymousreply 80March 11, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote]If I were a victim of this pig I'd be pissed that the ones making justice are precisely the ones who helped enable his behavior. Make no mistake they know who was really abused and who slept with him for something else in return.

Hear hear!

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]I didn't say that there werent victims, just that the ones in trial weren't the victims. He had plenty of victims to choose from. Anyway, whatever I've said it all there was to say. If you can't read it, too bad.

So if the women in this trial weren't victims, well... then it looks like the whole thing was a sham! Guess the judge was tricked, and all the jurors were tricked, and one big illusion happened in that courtroom that's going to set a precedent for falsely accused rapists going forward. I'll keep that in mind.

Maybe Weinstein should have hired R75 to represent him and set the record straight. The world must know that the Weinstein's victims weren't the actual victims! You'd think they'd check on these women before letting any of them speak. Wait... do you think it was a conspiracy of some sort? Who would have it out for Weinstein? Do people not like Weinstein? Did he do something wrong? I just can't imagine why a judge would allow women who weren't his victims to testify. Something fishy's going on and we MUST get to the BOTTOM of this! For it seems like a rapist might be falsely imprisoned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2020 10:37 PM

DLers. We are about to embark on a dangerous journey, but with R75 as our leader we cannot be misled, nor dismayed! THE CASE TO FIND WEINSTEIN'S [BOLD]REAL[/BOLD] VICTIMS IS AFOOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2020 10:39 PM

It was posted on here, r79. She’s giving Weinstein oral and he’s recording it on his phone.

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2020 10:43 PM

That it is undeniable that many young actresses acceded to Weinstein's sexual demands because they were concerned for their careers does not make Weinstein's behaviour any less execrable or criminal. I believe there are laws on the books now regarding using employment threats or other forms of coercion besides tying a woman to the bedposts to obtain sex.

Weinstein, by all reports, had women meet him in hotel rooms to discuss parts in his films, and only when they got into the hotel rooms found out what he'd really invited them there to "discuss". Some left, some didn't, and some who didn't may have mentally shrugged and thought (if this is what it takes . . .) and some who didn't leave may have been far less sanguine about it.

I don't know that all this can be parsed out that easily. As an older brother of a much loved sister, an uncle to a much loved niece, and lately great-uncle to a charming toddler great-niece, I can tell you that if it had been one of mine, I'd have hunted Weinstein down and strangled him with my bare hands.

What really strikes me as surprising is that amongst all of those women there wasn't one father, brother, husband, lover, uncle, close friend, etc., who didn't drag Weinstein into an alley and beat the living daylights out of him. Where were all the males in those women's lives?!

I once read a story about Otto Preminger, notorious for treating his actors like crap and humiliating them and bullying them on set (especially the women), and whilst filming "Angel Face" with Jean Simmons and Robert Mitchum, made Simmons' life so miserable that she came close to a nervous breakdown. Finally, one day, Mitchum shoved Preminger up against a wall and said if he didn't cut it out, Mitchum would punch his face off.

As no one in his right mind would have supposed Mitchum was bluffing, Preminger left Simmons alone for the rest of the filming.

I mean, perhaps it sounds old-fashioned, but what ailed the men in these women's lives??!!!

by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2020 10:44 PM

Totally excessive sentence.

I get that an over-correction is what was required in order to force real cultural change in this area, but the second that Brett Kavanaugh was seated on the Supreme Court, that correction was done. Harvey Weinstein is a gross, disgusting old lech, but this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote] Hahahah, sorry, there's a sex tape of Weinstein and Lawrence fucking

I've never heard of that before. What I've heard a lot is that those nude leaks of hers were supposedly Harvey's revenge porn of the photos she allegedly sent him. Apple has denied any hacking so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2020 10:49 PM

I'm sorry, but any woman who would willingly put her mouth on that nasty pig's penis or allow him to crawl up on top of her and insert himself into her, would just as soon fuck a zoo animal. There is no excuse for any woman being that nasty, no matter what the perceived benefit would be.

by Anonymousreply 88March 11, 2020 10:52 PM

R75 is some dolt who worships straight men who, in his book, can't do any wrong. As long Weinstein is masc, all those women "were asking for it".

Can you imagine what it is like to have to spend 24 hours a day inside that head?

by Anonymousreply 89March 11, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] is some dolt who worships straight men who, in his book, can't do any wrong. As long Weinstein is masc, all those women "were asking for it".

Keep fabricating your distortion of what I said. You're the reason Trump is president. I bet you act like religious zealots who only read the buzzwords in an argument and make up your mind according to your bible. I won't waste time with the likes of you.

by Anonymousreply 90March 11, 2020 10:57 PM

ET: Harvey Weinstein is back at a New York City hospital tonight for "chest pains." The news comes just hours after Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison on rape and criminal sex act charges.

by Anonymousreply 91March 11, 2020 11:02 PM

It's just exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 92March 11, 2020 11:03 PM

His dance card is just gonna be full on Cell Block H.

by Anonymousreply 93March 11, 2020 11:07 PM

Weinstein is a scumbag. But I'm cynical that he received such a long sentence just because of the publicity. Far worse abusers of non famous, non connected victims barely do any time at all. This is not a defense of Weinstein to be clear. It's just the authorities will not at all go to bat for a victim with no power, especially when the cameras aren't rolling. If he was Joe the manager of some fast food place abusing low income employees I don't think he would have done a month.

by Anonymousreply 94March 11, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]I'm sorry, but any woman who would willingly put her mouth on that nasty pig's penis or allow him to crawl up on top of her and insert himself into her, would just as soon fuck a zoo animal.

That's such a dumb thing to say. Zoo animals couldn't get those women cast in movies. If fucking an animal could guarantee anyone a significant monetary leg up in society, every status obsessed individual would be using zoos for completely different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 95March 11, 2020 11:11 PM

[quote]ET: Harvey Weinstein is back at a New York City hospital tonight for "chest pains."

He was moved by R75's breathless defense.

by Anonymousreply 96March 11, 2020 11:12 PM

"Hahah, is someone in this thread defending Weinstein?"

"No I'm not, Im defending a principle of fair trial"

Take it away, Marcia...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 11, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]Far worse abusers of non famous, non connected victims barely do any time at all.

Read R4. Don't overthink it. The courts are a show. America's telling itself a story about how it wants to treat men like Weinstein. Of course, this is ironic considering they elected a man like Weinstein to be its president four years ago, but America's very young. It's only 243 years old. Practically a baby when it comes to nations. It's gonna do stuff that doesn't make sense like any adolescent.

by Anonymousreply 98March 11, 2020 11:14 PM

Who is Rose McGowan ? Where is she? No one in Hollywood wanted her to carry the torch for the #MeToo movement. Many don't want a torch carried at all.

R62 hasn't said anything that should be considered argumentative. Rose McGowan did not have a career when she was raped by the big, bad wolf, and unfortunately when she gave her soul away---she didn't become an established actress. Most people didn't know her name until she led the charge.

Do any of you HONESTLY THINK McGowan would have come out like the impassioned Bull in the China Closet she was if she'd had a successful career in Hollywood, as an actress? If she'd had a successful career as an actress in Kazakhstan, she would not have come out and TURNED OFF EVERY ONE around her. A Rose is a rose is a rose.... Everyone wanted her to go away---victims included. It's not because Rose is controversial, or Harry is Jewish and BIGGER--- and IT IS NOT BECAUSE I THINK RAPE IS A JOKE!!!

PUULLEEEEZE!!!!

Yeah HE'S BIGGER, but it also MAKES HIM A BETTER TARGET!!!! A criminal defense attorney, most of you could never be. And the point that R62 was so eloquently and rationally trying to explain is---Harry Weinstein IS NOT the serial rapist who went about demonizing innocent women. How many years, have HOW MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE VICTIMS, KNOWN THAT THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON!!!??

He suffers from what happens to the best of any person AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR RELIGION IS OR NATIONALITY--JUST LIKE CANCER DOESN'T ATTACK ONLY BAD PEOPLE!!!!!!----GREED IS A PROBLEM ANY OF US CAN HAVE.... AND YOU CANNOT FEED GREED UNLESS THERE IS A NEED!!! AND THE POINT IS----HIS GREED WAS SATISFIED BY THEIR OWN GREED, and they used him, just as much as he used them!!!

Too bad so sad....But there are many more victims of the same scheme who are dealing with the fact, they themselves perpetuated the sickness, because they WANTED something from Mr. Weinstein.

Rape is rape. It is never okay. And women can be equally as guilty as men. Harry Weinstein did not manufacture the problem and Rose McGowan is not going to garner supporters for herself 20 years after the fact, to come out as the poster child for being a victim of rape.

And all the while, Harry has been in jail, and everyone on these threads wants to argue about irrelevant issues, IT IS STILL GOING ON, all over the world. It happens law firms, hospitals, grocery stores, (in the meat department!--and even in the Organic Produce dept!) And sometimes it even happens on the conveyor built at the check out! Yeah, that's right....where you purchase your twinkies , bumble gum and the Soap Opera Digest!

Grow up all of you!

by Anonymousreply 99March 11, 2020 11:25 PM

It should have been a longer sentence, but he’s kind of old, so for him, it’s pretty much a life sentence.

And how pathetic is it that he is being seen using a walker or in a wheelchair...

by Anonymousreply 100March 11, 2020 11:27 PM

FOREPLAY SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER TOO!!

DAMNIT!

by Anonymousreply 101March 11, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]He suffers from what happens to the best of any person AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR RELIGION IS OR NATIONALITY--JUST LIKE CANCER DOESN'T ATTACK ONLY BAD PEOPLE!!!!!!----GREED IS A PROBLEM ANY OF US CAN HAVE.... AND YOU CANNOT FEED GREED UNLESS THERE IS A NEED!!! AND THE POINT IS----HIS GREED WAS SATISFIED BY THEIR OWN GREED, and they used him, just as much as he used them!!!

Gurl, chill. You're not saying anything any of us don't get.

[quote]Rape is rape. It is never okay.

Yeah, which is why we're rejoicing.

Honestly, we get that it's not really even a Weinstein defense. WE GET THAT. The eloquent, intelligent, beautiful, luminous, transcendent r62 isn't defending Weinstein. They're mad at the system that perpetuated his actions.

We get that the network of enablers are the problem, and if that's the case the MOUNT A FUCKING CAMPAIGN TO PUT THE ENABLERS IN PRISON! Otherwise, bitching about Rose McGowan is just that: bitching about Rose McGowan. You hate her and the women who testified. WE GET IT! No one here is TALKING about that. We're just happy a rapist got what he deserved!

Now, if you want to bitch about Rose or Weinstein's enablers getting off scott free then feel free, but realize that you're doing it in a thread where people are happy about this outcome, so when you come in here attacking the women, it looks like you're defending the rapist.

How about we all agree that society and everyone related in any way to Weinstein SUCKS. How about that?! REGARDLESS, that doesn't change the fact that a rapist is going to prison. Now on that note, feel free to bitch, but I'm gonna dance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 11, 2020 11:31 PM

"He's the "big nosed, money grubbing, slimy jew" that the public loves to hate"

Well, I mean, if the shoe fits...

by Anonymousreply 103March 11, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote] So if the women in this trial weren't victims, well... then it looks like the whole thing was a sham!

That's exactly it. The two women (not the real victims who were called to testify) were more likely not raped. They slept with him, sent love letters later and even travelled with the rapist years later. That's the factual reality of this trial. They showed no signs of trauma they are now faking to the public. Had them being traumatized as they say, they wouldn't even look at him, let alone sent him love emails and travel with him to a film festival.

By convicting this pig for the crimes he didn't commit, just to have justice served, the system is saying anyone who can convince a jury they were raped, even if there's blatant evidence of no trauma and factual proof the accusers were still showing kindness to the rapist, you're jeopardizing everyone else who's unfairly accused.

Then again, paranoia and media frenzie is always more important the reality so I hope all the parties involved are happy. This isn't the first time innocent people are sent to jail for something they didn't do. This time it so happens he did commit the crime to others.

by Anonymousreply 104March 11, 2020 11:43 PM

Somebody upthread posted a link to all the Miramax movies and not including the foreign movies/ distribution movies, you see this pattern that Paltrow, Zellweger, Thurman, Blanchett, Juliane Moore, Hathaway, Kidman, kept on working with him over and over again. Some big actors really just never worked with him again, like Aniston, Hayek, Diaz so it is believable if they say they have been victimized. They all probably put out, but some of these women like Platrow and Zellweger pretty much owe almost their entire career to him, they kept on coming back to good old uncle harvey.

by Anonymousreply 105March 11, 2020 11:45 PM

I agree with r104. Weinstein is terrible and really did break laws, but this isn't the greatest precedent.

by Anonymousreply 106March 11, 2020 11:46 PM

I think they wanted to make an example out of him, r94. The trial was a public circus, and many people were waiting to see what type of sentence he’d receive in comparison to Bill Cosby.

Can you imagine how black people would have reacted in this country if Weinstein had managed to skate on the charges, or if he’d been given a token sentence? Also, Cosby tried the “old man in poor health routine” and it didn’t work for him so they weren’t going to let work for Weinstein.

I can almost guarantee you that if Weinstein had been just another rich asshole on trial without the publicity he’d have been able to buy himself out of prison just like Epstein managed to do the first time.

by Anonymousreply 107March 11, 2020 11:50 PM

Breaking- he’s been rushed to the hospital for severe chest pain....whatever...

by Anonymousreply 108March 11, 2020 11:54 PM

Fab news.

by Anonymousreply 109March 11, 2020 11:54 PM

Hayek wrote a huge article on the NYT telling her story on how Harvey sabotaged Frida after she turned him down still during pre production. Her nominations came as a shock to him and according to her were the biggest victory she could get from the traumatic experience. He really boycotted the film he produced himself, that's the level of sociopathy of this pig. He didn't rape the two girls on trial though. It bears repeating.

by Anonymousreply 110March 11, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote] I can almost guarantee you that if Weinstein had been just another rich asshole on trial without the publicity he’d have been able to buy himself out of prison just like Epstein managed to do the first time.

When all eyes are on you, it will be less likely that your peers will help you (out of fear of being dragged into your mess).

by Anonymousreply 111March 12, 2020 12:00 AM

R110, they weren't "girls" and there were more than 2

by Anonymousreply 112March 12, 2020 12:05 AM

R104, you seem dumb. You can be raped by someone you have had consensual sex with, have you ever heard of marital rape?

R75 still thinks the charges against him were all false. LOL.

Some of you are so stupid, it hurts. He was found not guilty on some of the charges, so you can't argue that the jury had it in for him. He got away with shit for years just because he was rich and powerful. He's not a victim.

by Anonymousreply 113March 12, 2020 12:12 AM

R66, you can post victim-blaming nonsense and we can call you out for it, you right-wing MRA turd

by Anonymousreply 114March 12, 2020 12:14 AM

R62, you aren't a psychic and don't know why that woman committed suicide. You're just trying to blame the victims because you're an MRA shitstain who hates women

by Anonymousreply 115March 12, 2020 12:16 AM

I like the people worried about the precedent [italic]the verdict[/italic] sets. We hear their voices and allow then to speak.

ANYWAY, anyone want to explore the precedent men like Harvey Weinstein set and how troubling that might be? No? More McGowan bashing? Well, alright then.

by Anonymousreply 116March 12, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote] they weren't "girls" and there were more than 2

This tells me that you know nothing about the case, as many here don't, and you just respond to buzzwords with irrational emotions. The criminal charges were against 2 women only who were unaimed. All the other women talking to press were not victims in this case, they were called to testify only.

[quote] you aren't a psychic and don't know why that woman committed suicide

Everyone knows why Jill Messcik committed suicide because her own family issued a public statement blaming the online harassment she suffered after Rose accused her of not standing up for her as the cause. I bet you think you know more than them too, don't you prissy emotional unhinged queen?

by Anonymousreply 117March 12, 2020 12:23 AM

R117 How can we put McGowan and all those lying cunts on trial?! I WANT HER HEAD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 12, 2020 12:26 AM

R117, gee, did it ever occur to you that her family was looking for someone to blame for her suicide, instead of holding her responsible for her own actions? Go ahead and call me an unhinged queen, you're the dumbfuck who is defending a rapist just because you're an MRA troll who needs to attack women. How dumb and evil do you have to be to defend a serial predator?

by Anonymousreply 119March 12, 2020 12:27 AM

Rush Limbaugh made a statement defending Weinstein.....that should tell you the kind of person r117 is. An unhinged freeper who calls normal people unhinged, because he can't understand the mindset of people who aren't far right MRA loons

by Anonymousreply 120March 12, 2020 12:30 AM

The religion is Man, and Man is God no matter what Man does. Weinstein is man, and therefore God. Do not question God, nor imprison him, or we will come for the heads of Women. We have spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 12, 2020 12:31 AM

Come on, r119, some of those women new the score, and many of them went with him willingly. He is a rapist but someone like Jessica Mann is not exactly a poster child for the Me Too Movement.

by Anonymousreply 122March 12, 2020 12:38 AM

So everyone sucks. Got it. So which sucks more? The rapist? Or the non-rapists?

by Anonymousreply 123March 12, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote]If I were a victim of this pig I'd be pissed that the ones making justice are precisely the ones who helped enable his behavior. Make no mistake they know who was really abused and who slept with him for something else in return.

Not all victims need the credit but are content their attacker is in jail, though this pig actually hasn't spent a minute in jail but cushy jail hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 124March 12, 2020 12:49 AM

I like the people in this thread making this story about them. As if they care about the [italic]actual[/italic] victims. Please. At the end of the day this ain't our business. You know how many rape cases are handled every day across the globe? Why do you even CARE about this one? How will it affect your life in ANY way? Who gives a fuck what happens to rapist moguls or the women exploiting his downfall. This is humanity, baby. It's what we're about. It's building people up and tearing them down. It's power over and under. That's it. You think our laws fucking matter? You think they're gonna fucking save us? You think prison works? You think this society's functioning on a global level? Things are literally falling about because of infective, molecular agents! There is no hill anyone can die on in relation to Harvey that'll make you look good. That's the funniest thing about this case. The moment you touch it you start smelling like shit.

by Anonymousreply 125March 12, 2020 1:04 AM

Was chemical castration any part of the discussion on sentencing?

by Anonymousreply 126March 12, 2020 1:25 AM

Trump said he is pardoning him

by Anonymousreply 127March 12, 2020 1:29 AM

No one here is defending Harvey. You're just too stupid and illiterate to read.

by Anonymousreply 128March 12, 2020 1:34 AM

Is it true that fishsticks Paltrow secured his help to win that Oscar for Shakespeare in Love by giving him a Cleveland Steamer?

by Anonymousreply 129March 12, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]Was chemical castration any part of the discussion on sentencing?

I think they should give him libido-boosters to shove in that cunt McGowan's face!

by Anonymousreply 130March 12, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]Is it true that fishsticks Paltrow secured his help to win that Oscar for Shakespeare in Love by giving him a Cleveland Steamer?

And she should be grateful! Any ONE of those women would be lucky to get shat on by Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 131March 12, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] Is it true that fishsticks Paltrow secured his help to win that Oscar for Shakespeare in Love by giving him a Cleveland Steamer?

Rumor has it that Harvey worked his ass off to get Fernando Montenegro from Central Station an Oscar and that was a given as she was the favorite that year with the novelty of her being a Latina and somehow it went to Paltrow. You do the math.

by Anonymousreply 132March 12, 2020 1:38 AM

R 122 I've known 3 different women throughout my life that have been raped:

1. She was 16 years old and with her older, responsible and much trusted and loved boyfriend. They had gone to a concert together on a Saturday night, in the downtown area of big city. One they had both grown up in. They only had a short distance walk from the concert to his car, but they felt safe because so many people were that night. In fact, he parked his car on the side street of a very affluent area--considering that he didn't want vandals attacking his car! In those 3 blocks where it became very dimly lit and on the most affluent property in the city---they were approached by 3 men. There is no time, there are no right answers...They beat him and held him, while all 3 took turns gang raping her. Within 30 minutes, it was all over--but she was her daddy's little girl, and the princess in a family that treated her like one. She became very successful, but is a person who still suffers from PTSD.

2. A poor 15 year old from Guatemala only dreamed and aspired to become a nun. She was raised in a devout family, but she on her own wanted to dedicate her life to God. She was violently raped by a close friend of her father's that would visit their home often. She told no one---believing that God would bless her to accomplish the goal she'd always wanted. Months passed and she realized she had become pregnant from this act of violence that she had already forgiven in her heart at only 15. Now, her life was over she felt, and she became full of hatred towards the man who ruined her life. She could never become a nun now, and shame was brought upon her family, and she wanted to kill herself. She had to tell her parents, and together they decided that they would raise their grandchild as their own child, and let her daughter live her life. I met her when she was the housekeeper and chef of a prominent family living in a posh home and who were socialites in the area. She left her country, not to become a nun, but to escape her pain and anger and make a new life. Over 20 years past and she had met her rapist to tell him, "I forgive. you and I love you." More years passed and she had to face her younger brother, who was really her child to tell him the truth. And let him know that she too loved him and did not hold any more resentment for his birth. When she told me this story, it was as powerful to me then as I'm telling it now....she told me, her rapist wept in her arms, and she held him with only forgiveness in her heart, And she knew then, that God had directed her to that moment, with all the pain, loss and sadness that had been experienced because the remorse the rapist had for the mercy she extended him----healed her as well---and she felt so much peace from letting go and seeing another person respond that way.

by Anonymousreply 133March 12, 2020 1:40 AM

Hmmm, what I'm getting from that is Paltrow sucks a better dick than Montenegro. Sorry, Fernanda. Better suck next time!

by Anonymousreply 134March 12, 2020 1:40 AM

R122 Continued

And to answer your question, the reality is, we live in a world where rape is more culture than crime. That reality of it sucks. So the question than becomes, 'to what degree does it suck?' and the other reality is, if any one wants to jump on the persecution wagon, then let's be fair and realistic----How do Hollywood actors/actresses Directors, Producers, the entire Hedonistic society that has perpetuated, protected, and PROFITED off this evil , and no one came forward.all these years, and now they want to tell the world how bad it is? Guess what--the world knows because we live in the real world. So how bad is bad? And there are different degrees of trauma, and when the real conversation starts happening as it now, the real questions need to be asked to. And that's why a lot of women, and men are going to sit and keeps their mouths shut.

So you tell me Juror 122...when there is a world full of victims, who's suffering matters more? The gangraped woman, the children who are served raped every night as a bedtime snack, the innocent virgin who was in the wrong place at the wrong time....or the Hollywood Starlet who only ever dreamed about making it big since she was a little girl, so off to LA she goes, and she HAD NO IDEA that going to a Hotel room alone to talk to a powerfrul mogul at MIDNIGHT would mean that she would be raped!! I can't even talk about this without vomiting in my mouth, like I just did, because YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN A BIG CITY OR MUCH LESS A BIG INDUSTRY WITH A BIG PLAYER and your brain is that little and UNIMAGINATIVE!!! GIVE ME THE PART---I TOO DREAMED ALL MY LIFE OF BEING AN ACTRESS....Most of us will die with unfulfilled dreams. And the other sad truth is many others will die victims of rape and penliness and STILL without unfulfilled dreams. And there are others, who whether they admit it or not--so let's just say for the sake of argument, they were completely NAIVE, and UNCONSCIOUS, they were in the EYE OF THE STORM when this bad shit went down...it is sad, it's sad anytime another person violates another person. But at least that unfortunate group will have some spending money to make it a little better. The law, for how imperfect it is and may hurt innocent people too, recognizes to "what degree" is the loss and suffering.

Harvey Weinstein is a broken man and he doesn't even GET what hell he is going into. He doesn't even need his wheelchair right now, It's a sympathy tactic, but for any of you that want to kick a person when they are down---understand that when or if he survives prison---when he gets out---he WILL NEED HIS WHEELCHAIR!!!

He is the cowardly lion to me----he was the KING that didn't even know he was naked in front of everyone....And all his court jesters, and attendees that were serving him, ALL KNEW AND KNOW THE TRUTH!!!! THEY TOO PROFITED FROM HARVEY"S GREED and that is why ALL OF THEM KEPT QUIET.

They call all have their glass houses and good times. Like the song says, "Money can't buy you class!" More and more in this GREAT CORRUPT AND GREEDY COUNTRY we live in---people are realizing that "Money can not buy your freedom anymore either." All the kings at the top of the Hill (And on the Capital too) are pushing each other off to save themselves!!! Money can't even pay a man to go down with his own ship!!! They bail while everyone is asleep!

by Anonymousreply 135March 12, 2020 1:41 AM

I apologize for not sending in correct order....I mentioned 3 victims,,for those interested to know....

3, A beautiful , healthy, recent graduate of college, landed the job and guy of her dreams. She was living her best life as they say. And most of us know that magical window of time in our lives; somewhere between being really stupid and too naive, inexperienced or just dumb; but we are starting to connect things---blood is actually getting into our brains and we are becoming real people too. Well this beautiful girl, was ready for the happiness, and she deserved it too. She went on her usual 6:30 morning jog, playing her (walkman) through the park and along the lakefront, taking care of herself and at the top of her game, Someone grabbed her from behind and brutally raped her under the viaduct while most people were still sleeping. Like dominos, one by one, her life unraveled. She lost everything within weeks that she worked for her whole life. She never recovered, never married, never had a stable job and never had children.

These are old stories, but they are relevant, and it has happened to someone while we've posted about it. There are many victims in this world that have to get up and go to school the next morning--or wives that have to make breakfast for the man that raped them. And it's an entirely different reality when we talk about other countries that are doing it legally .

I'm not downplaying the victimization of any person who has been raped, but I also don't think a victim with a personal agenda should sensationalize the issues. If you want to help and make a change, help others who have no voice, choice or hope for anything better.

by Anonymousreply 136March 12, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote] He deserved 15 years alone for the stupid stunt of showing up in court with the walker and the wheelchair.

They would have pretended he’d gone blind, but the seeing eye dog kept growling and biting him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 12, 2020 1:58 AM

He used his power to abuse others. It's about the abuse of power.

by Anonymousreply 138March 12, 2020 2:06 AM

R136, what do you define as a personal agenda? Doesn't everyone have one?

And weird that you define trauma as not getting married or having kids, especially on a gay site....

by Anonymousreply 139March 12, 2020 2:22 AM

Hollyoaks actress, Lysette Anthony, claims that Harvey Weinstein raped her twice in the 1980s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 12, 2020 2:25 AM

Finally, I will share a brief last story. Many years ago, I was badly ripped off by a car mechanic, I believed I could trust. When I went to get my car and pay for it, the price was OUTRAGEOUS!!! I was so stunned, I could only cry----I had been taken!

Too make me feel better he told me something that was so crude, inappropriate, and made me feel violated again!!! But in the MOMENT he told me, I stopped crying. I realized I was fortunate to learn a lesson that I COULD CLEARLY SEE WAS MY FAULT!!! (I grew up with street smarts, and I would never trust mechanics or agree to work without first knowing the price.)

But the truth is, I flirted with him and thought my charms and just me, being wonderfully me, (lol) would get auto work at wholesale. (And he was a little dude, much younger than me, and I really felt like I was in the power position) I gave him the consent by telling him I trusted him...

So now, as I'm crying about the cost, he proceeds to tell me an old Russian saying:

"When a person is taken advantage of---it's the same as getting f***ed in the ass without a thank you!"

I immediately knew I deserved what happened, and he was letting me know that it was my fault. I'm never afraid to stand up if I think something is wrong---but I was in the wrong---and I walked away having been taught something by someone I thought I had power over. Because I thought so much of myself, that being charming would ingratiate him towards my plight!

I left being glad I hadn't been f****d in the ass. I felt fortunate to be ripped off and get out of there with my car,,,,

And I know that more often than not, in those unspoken contracts that people make every day with each other----everyone is f***ing each other in the ass, and then they say...."but I didn't know what an ass was, or a hole, or f***ing---the reality is there are situations in life when YOU DO KNOW!!! OR SHOULD KNOW...

by Anonymousreply 141March 12, 2020 2:26 AM

A lot of the ladies were raped multiple times by Harvey, sometimes years apart. Sounds weird. Same thing happened to Michael J Fox's wife on the Mariska Hargitay Show.

by Anonymousreply 142March 12, 2020 2:28 AM

R141 sounds nuts and is trying to blame the victims. And for an "attorney" he/she/it doesn't seem very articulate.

by Anonymousreply 143March 12, 2020 2:33 AM

Fernanda was 70 or something so I don't think Harvey would want it. He doesn't have a dick as we've learned so.

by Anonymousreply 144March 12, 2020 2:36 AM

I'm laughing like crazy. I had no idea what a Cleveland Steamer was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 12, 2020 2:38 AM

The Me too movement has been fantastic for rich female journalists and Hollywood actresses. If you're a poor working class woman or child being abused in a trailer park, you're just as fucked as you were before. It's hard not to wonder at the media 's fixation on helping the victims with the most resources and opportunities for help. It's kind of a modern reworking of Victorian /Antebellum era mentality. There are a small segment of well off women who should be protected at all costs and then there is a large underclass of "worthless " victims who will continue to be ignored. I might be wrong, this could be the beginning of a society wide change, but the cynic in me doubts it.

by Anonymousreply 146March 12, 2020 2:40 AM

[quote] At the end of the day this ain't our business

Not shit Sherlock. This is a gossip message board so nothing really is.

by Anonymousreply 147March 12, 2020 2:45 AM

I don't know about Metoo but Time's up has a fund and lots of money to aid working class women with attorneys on sexual harassment cases.

by Anonymousreply 148March 12, 2020 2:49 AM

R136

YAWN!!! AND I just threw up again in my mouth....IT'S WEIRD!---Big word and describes perfectly a point you are trying to make out of something pointless. Excuse me, I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to tell the truth of someone's story, from their perspective, because 'gay' people are offended.

What tiny little town do you live in?

I assume there are many interesting, intelligent, well-traveled, well-read people on this forum. Anyone who lives in a big city with culture and diversity is never so presumptuous to think "the whole world is supposed to be just like me" ,,,silly isn't even a word to describe what you are trying to do but can't.

by Anonymousreply 149March 12, 2020 2:53 AM

"The Me too movement has been fantastic for rich female journalists and Hollywood actresses. If you're a poor working class woman or child being abused in a trailer park, you're just as fucked as you were before. It's hard not to wonder at the media 's fixation on helping the victims with the most resources and opportunities for help. It's kind of a modern reworking of Victorian /Antebellum era mentality. There are a small segment of well off women who should be protected at all costs and then there is a large underclass of "worthless " victims who will continue to be ignored. I might be wrong, this could be the beginning of a society wide change, but the cynic in me doubts it."

Well, duh, of course cases involving famous people are going to get more media attention than ones involving poor people.....that doesn't mean no one cares about poor women. People like you who bitch about #metoo are usually Republicans and Republicans don't give a shit about the poor OR rape victims

by Anonymousreply 150March 12, 2020 3:24 AM

Weinstein is such a bridge troll. I can’t imagine his 300 pound, naked, sweaty, pockmarked body pinning me down to a casting couch. The crimes are ipso facto horrendous, but at least with Jeffrey Epstein even up to a few years ago, I honestly still would’ve.

by Anonymousreply 151March 12, 2020 3:36 AM

Jennifer Lawrence is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 152March 12, 2020 3:43 AM

R152 Eh. She will be fine. I know DL dislikes her but she has a decent amount of talent even if she did a few "favors " to get where she is. Remember what Sharon Stone said "you can only sleep you way to the middle ". Lawrence is a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 153March 12, 2020 3:46 AM

Renee was one of Harvey's number one girls 15 years ago and she just won her second Oscar. Lawrence will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 154March 12, 2020 3:47 AM

Lawrence is one- note and not that talented. The Harvey propaganda machine built her andnow she is dispensable. She isnt any better than elizabeth olsen or a fanning sister and wouldve never been heard of if she didnt suck his deformed dick.

by Anonymousreply 155March 12, 2020 4:33 AM

Please, Lawrence is much more talented than either Fanning. She has been a good actress since she was a kid. Watch Winter's Bone. No one sleeps their way to the top, not long ago there was a story about some Z-list actress who was promising all these sexual favors to big time producers and directors to get roles. And yet she's still Z-list. Whoring herself out to big shots didn't make her a celebrity, or even a semi celebrity. Big shots might PROMISE starlets they are going to get them all these great roles, but they usually don't follow through.

by Anonymousreply 156March 12, 2020 4:50 AM

He had it comin.

by Anonymousreply 157March 12, 2020 5:24 AM

Yes, I want to see all the actress doing the Chicago song about how they would off him! Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 158March 12, 2020 5:37 AM

Jennifer Lawrence slept with him, as he was known to brag about it among others. And there’s a ton of other young actresses who could have done just as well as JL, the difference is she agreed to whatever Faustian bargain he offered her. However, she’s not going to come forward about it now as it is only going to harm her.

by Anonymousreply 159March 12, 2020 5:47 AM

My God he was such a pig. I can totally picture him saying those things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 12, 2020 5:54 AM

R159 I like Jennifer and I think she has great streetsmarts, in my mind she negotiated it down to a handjob and bragging rights and always carried plenty of Purrell. If she can cut the rotting meth hands off her dead father she can do anything.

by Anonymousreply 161March 12, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote] Please, Lawrence is much more talented than either Fanning. She has been a good actress since she was a kid. Watch Winter's Bone.

At this point it's not about talent. It's about the mental image of Lawrence having sex with that cretin. It will follow her around. It will be the elephant in the room at every press event. Every time her name shows up in the press it will be the first thing that people remember about her. Every "gosh, I am such a regular gal!" stunt will be overshadowed by her association with Weinstein and make her look like gutter trash and it will bring up her totally awkward and ratchet nudies from the Fappening scandal.

by Anonymousreply 162March 12, 2020 6:17 AM

Jared of Subway fame got 13-15 years for raping and molesting minors. The recording of him talking about how he liked having sex with a little boy I can’t unhear.

He should’ve gotten life, yet he gets less than Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 163March 12, 2020 7:50 AM

Maybe he'll luck out, get the coronavirus and be dead in 10 weeks, thus missing out on his prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 164March 12, 2020 9:36 AM

What's screwy is that there are people here that think every woman who worked with Weinstein fucked him voluntarily.

by Anonymousreply 165March 12, 2020 9:46 AM

R162 sure it will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 12, 2020 9:50 AM

Strange that none of the accounts mention anal sex. Too much hard work for Harvey I suppose. Anyway he had a good time for a few decades.

by Anonymousreply 167March 12, 2020 10:03 AM

The most important question: If he dies in prison, will he be last person honored in the In Memoriam section of the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 168March 12, 2020 10:19 AM

r166, how about a kiss, Santy Claus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 12, 2020 12:16 PM

The thing with Jennifer Lawrence is that the more graphic photos aren't her, and even the websites that do those dippy comparisons to "prove" they are her can't do it.

The ones that are clearly her show her looking upset or actually crying. That's why I don't buy these theories about how all these women willingly slept with Harvey -- he very likely manipulated women who were desperate and easy marks, or women who thought it wouldn't be too bad until they were in the situation and realized it was terrifying and awful.

I think that's what upsets people the most. They feel involved somehow, like they only got to enjoy watching Jennifer Lawrence in movies and seeing her on the red carpet because she either felt this was the only way she could have a career, or was manipulated into it, and either way the look on her face says it all.

by Anonymousreply 170March 12, 2020 12:27 PM

No worries r120, Limbaugh has a shelf life, thanks to the cancer eating him alive. We don’t have to put up with his ass much longer.

by Anonymousreply 171March 12, 2020 1:12 PM

"It's about the mental image of Lawrence having sex with that cretin. It will follow her around."

You're confusing the datalounge with real life

by Anonymousreply 172March 12, 2020 3:06 PM

Georgina Chapman Weinstein was complicit...lock her ass up!

by Anonymousreply 173March 12, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote] You're confusing the datalounge with real life.

Well, we will see.

by Anonymousreply 174March 12, 2020 3:15 PM

Weinstein is easier for the public to demand persecution over than people like Brett Kavanaugh because Weinstein is Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 175March 12, 2020 3:16 PM

Gretchen Mol didn't fail because of Weinstein. She failed because her movies bombed and she was bland as hell.

by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2020 3:23 PM

Didn't some posters insist that Georgina Chapman's celeb fashion company would survive her husband's scandal? Look how many female celebs wear Marchesa on the red carpet now. That particular fashion brand is pretty much dead.

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2020 3:24 PM

I disagree. It’s his looks not that he’s Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2020 3:24 PM

Georgina probably knew of him sleeping around., but she couldn’t have known he chased women around rooms and forced oral sex upon them etc.

by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2020 3:29 PM

At least one of the starlets who wore her clothes confided in Georgina. She knew and chose to stay put.

by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2020 3:32 PM

R178 It's both, he looks extremely Jewish. Just look at how he's portrayed in the courtroom sketches. I'm not defending him and I do think he's a bastard who deserves to serve time, but I'd have to be an idiot to think that antisemitic views aren't playing a part in all of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2020 3:32 PM

He actually looks better in the drawing!

by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]At least one of the starlets who wore her clothes confided in Georgina

And what did she confide?

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote] And what did she confide?

Her real shoe size, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 184March 12, 2020 3:38 PM

If the poster is going to claim that Georgina knew he was a rapist, I’d like some evidence to back it up, Bea.

by Anonymousreply 185March 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Still in the cushy hospital. He knows how to play the system.

by Anonymousreply 186March 12, 2020 8:02 PM

Odd, I never heard the stories about JL and Harvey, the only thing I heard about were the erotic phone snaps she sent to her boyfriend [sic] Nicholas Hoult that got hacked. I actually saw one of the photos but can't remember where - she was sitting on her haunches, it was taken from the back, but she was bent over and pulling her vulva open. It was the only time I thought, Well, maybe Hoult IS straight, or else why would JL send him something so likely to have him in the loo retching? She's too savvy not to have known if he weren't. I mean, going that far to disguise a bearding arrangement is really rather, er, the absolute limit, isn't it?!

by Anonymousreply 187March 12, 2020 10:23 PM

Read Beckinsale's story of Harvey and the post 9/11 premiere. It's a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 188March 12, 2020 11:09 PM

Someone posted a video on here a while ago which the poster claimed was of Weinstein being given oral sex by JLaw. It featured a fat hairy guy (whose face was never in the video) recording on his phone a girl giving him oral - the girl looked exactly like Jennifer Lawrence.

For some reason no one on here claims to remember it but it looked just like her.

by Anonymousreply 189March 12, 2020 11:19 PM

Fuck off R189. It looks just like you when "someone" posts anal warts fisting videos too.

by Anonymousreply 190March 13, 2020 12:18 AM

R187 or maybe Nic is bi??

R189 it wasn't her in the video.

by Anonymousreply 191March 13, 2020 12:36 AM

I urge you to listen to this free episode of Fame is a Bitch. AJ Benza goes on full details about the trials, the victims, he talks about all the now released documents showing they didn't mind keeping a very loving relationship with him. He also talks about Harvey calling him about the accusations and how some of the victims went to him with their stories. Basically he believes Harvey did many sexually abusive things to some of the women he talked to but not the two who were actually in his trial. It's wroth listening for all the lazy bums who know nothing about the case but think they can have an opinion on that. Please be advised he is a Trump supporter but in this episode he doesn't delve into politics so it's fine, the whole episode is about the Harvey case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 13, 2020 1:30 AM

R192 is telling us to listen to a Trumpster loon

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2020 1:35 AM

AJ Benza? That bastion of truth and justice? Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2020 9:20 AM

No I'm telling people on a gossip site to listen to someone with behind the scenes info.

I thought that a gossip message board would love to hear a gossip reporter talk about his personal experience with the accusers and the accused but I guess you can't reason beyond your senile political divergence.

You paranoids sound as silly as the right wingers you mock.

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2020 1:02 PM

R195, you sound silly for taking AJ Benza seriously.

by Anonymousreply 196March 13, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote]I thought that a gossip message board would love to hear a gossip reporter talk about his personal experience with the accusers and the accused but I guess you can't reason beyond your senile political divergence.

Oh Honey unclentch, thank you r the link.... and we can hear a gossip reporter talk about his personal experience with the accusers and the accused but we just don't have to believe him.

by Anonymousreply 197March 13, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote] we can hear a gossip reporter talk about his personal experience with the accusers and the accused but we just don't have to believe him.

Isn't it true to all gossip? Who asked you to believe him? Just listen if you want and shut the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 198March 13, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] [R195], you sound silly for taking AJ Benza seriously.

As far as gossip is concerned who am I supposed to take seriously? You or someone with a track record of breaking gossip?

by Anonymousreply 199March 13, 2020 8:57 PM

And I listen to Benza and it wasn't "gossip", it was him defending his friend Weinstein as being just a good old boy and all the women willing and able. He even evoked Jack Nicholson as being the same. He was shocked at the verdict and sentence.

by Anonymousreply 200March 13, 2020 9:39 PM

He didn't defend Harvey, stop lying. He said he's guilty but not on these two cases. Are you Trump now? There's a fucking audio of his right on this page. Stop bending the truth just because someone supports an ideology you disagree with. It's unbelievable how people will gloss over reality just because they hate the speaker. You sound like a religious nut defending their faith regardless of the evidence. Whatever, keep speculating whatever you feel like. Yall beyond repair at this point.

by Anonymousreply 201March 13, 2020 9:43 PM

Most of the gays on the DL must be in mourning, as a misogynist-rapist that was their macho hero has been jailed. Justice at last

by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2020 10:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!