Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brad Pitt in "Twelve Monkeys" (1995)

What an amazing performance!

I just saw this movie on Showtime, and I couldn't believe how blown away I was, by his acting.

He was hilarious, crazy, manic, and entertaining. And yes, he was supposed to be that way, playing a "harmless" mental patient.

I love how the makeup people gave him one big eye and one small eye, which added to the hilarity.

His lines in that movie were pretty difficult, so I do give him a lot of credit for nailing it.

My immediate thought was, "he should have been nominated for an Oscar."

Imagine my surprise, to find out that he WAS nominated for Best Supporting Actor, with that performance.

I know a lot of people think that he's just a pretty boy and an airhead, but he's really quite a good actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2020 12:34 AM

Brad giving a tour of the nuthouse.

He is so funny in this movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2020 8:48 PM

OP he WAS nominated for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2020 9:02 PM

Brad was up against James Cromwell, Ed Harris, Kevin Spacey, and Tim Roth, for Best Actor in a supporting role.

Personally, Ed Harris should have won for Apollo 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2020 9:03 PM

Pitt was much better early in his career. His acting in many of his earlier roles were great. By late 90s he became more stiff and “Brad Pitt” as we’ve known him for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2020 9:04 PM

R2, read the below from OP’s post:

[quote] My immediate thought was, "he should have been nominated for an Oscar." Imagine my surprise, to find out that he WAS nominated for Best Supporting Actor, with that performance.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2020 9:04 PM

Brad was very cute in 12 monkeys.

Totally fuckable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2020 12:26 AM

How did they get his eye to do that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2020 12:27 AM

Brad looks great with brown contacts

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote] How did they get his eye to do that?

Sheet acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2020 12:31 AM

[quote] How did they get his eye to do that?

Sheer acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2020 12:31 AM

I agree, OP. A very good performance.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2020 12:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!