Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carey Mulligan Stars in Metoo Horror Movie "Promising Young Woman"

[quote] Carey Mulligan is out for revenge, but not just the regular kind, the delicious kind.

In the trailer, she pretends to pass out at a club in order to entrap men. Sounds insane but the premise of her getting delicious revenge on Chris Lowell, Adam Brody, and Max Greenfield sounds too exciting to pass up. I may not be into its gender politics but count me in as someone who enjoys seeing men objectified on screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2020 10:10 AM

The entire tone seems "off" possibly in a good way.

It looks like it a satire, intentionally campy, and clearly a social commentary.

I don't know. The trailer doesn't make me want to rush out and see it (like that awesome Candyman trailer- and Jordan Peele is supremely overrated )

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2020 4:15 PM

Sounds exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2020 4:23 PM

I'm on board to see it. Looks like great fun!

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2020 4:35 PM

This is r3, I also love anything with Adam Brody, my old OC crush. He could get on top of me anytime. He's the type of guy I would dream of growing old with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2020 4:42 PM

There was a movie that came out a couple years ago called MFA. The main character drugs her male victims before having her way with them.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2020 12:26 AM

R4 I used to have a crush on Adam too. I guess things are looking up for him thanks to Shazam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2020 10:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!