Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you like fish?

Are you fishy bitches?

If so, what kind do you prefer eating? Favorite method of preparing it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2020 1:29 PM

Would you believe I have a kissing gourami that I bought from a pet store in 1992?

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2020 1:32 AM

OP, are you phoning in from 1998?

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2020 1:34 AM

Is eating fish a 1998ish thing, R2?

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2020 1:35 AM

Beef and chicken only for me!

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2020 1:36 AM

I like the mild fish like trout and red drum. Fresh fish is delicious and you only need a bit of lemon and black pepper. I admit I like fried catfish too, because I’m a poor.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2020 1:41 AM

This feels like a trick question.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2020 1:43 AM

No, OP, I like dick.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2020 1:52 AM

I love salmon, trout.

Love sashimi.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2020 2:04 AM

Ceviche!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2020 2:24 AM

Yes, I like salmon (cooked and raw), hamachi (raw), and mackerel. I've enjoyed catfish, too, cooked "Cajun" style with Andouille sausage.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Let's see - salmon, tuna, swordfish, sea bass yeah I love it.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2020 3:21 PM

Nope. I have to 'dress it up' to get in my gullet. I'll do white fish (cod, haddock, etc) if it's fried or smothered in tartar sauce. Salmon only if it's smoked - stinks terribly but taste great on salted rye. Herring only if it's in cream sauce and it's New Years Eve.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2020 3:24 PM

There's a Cheryl meets Ellen joke in this somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2020 3:36 PM

And chips only.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2020 3:53 PM

Eat your raw fishes and get a tapeworm hanging out of your ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Ewww. I’ve always been terrified of tapeworms and that’s one reason I don’t like meat in general.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2020 5:33 PM

I love fish but rarely cook it. It makes my apartment smell. I get it when I eat out or at our work cafeteria. They have a lovely fish station with different types that they broil with quinoa and vegetables

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2020 5:46 PM

When I was a kid, my mother never served fish aside from fish sticks. There was one exception, however, as a friend of the family was an avid fisherman and would give us couple of pounds of fresh blue fish every year so my mom would serve that for dinner couple of times a year. It was only later that I realized that there were different kinds of fish beyond that one available as choices.

I keep hearing about turbot, but I don't think they sell it in stores these days?

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2020 5:51 PM

I like lots of kinds of fish. I usually roast it in the oven. It smells less afterwards. I season it—usually S&P and fresh lemon juice—then roast it at 450 for 10 minutes per inch.

Often, I will put some potatoes in to cook on a roasting pan (EVOO, S&P, rosemary, thyme), leaving enough room for the fish to be added for just the right amount of cooking time. They come out together. It's delicious.

Another favorite is to roast salmon and serve it with mashed potatoes and peas.

I love bluefish, too. That gets lemon and worcestershire. It all gets S&P.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2020 5:57 PM

I make what I call international salmon. I put it on a bed of dill and shallots, and poach it in leftover pho. It’s Vietnam meets Norway, and is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Shellfish, then salmon, flounder, trout, monkfish.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2020 6:03 PM

Ewww! Stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2020 6:07 PM

R21, I always wanted to try monkfish (supposed to be poor man's lobster). Every time I have tried to order it at a restaurant, they were out of it. Is it like lobster?

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2020 6:10 PM

Monkfish is disgusting.

Good sole or flounder, cod, any fresh (and clean) shellfish, a lot of Gulf fish. I like freshwater catfish, crappie, smelts. Smoked whitefish, salmon, trout sprats, kippers. I can make good dishes out of carp if I need to.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2020 6:34 PM

Love salmon. Eat it 4 - 5X week. I‘m lazy and just cook it with olive oil and a lemon/dill/garlic store-bought sauce. I need to find new recipes to spice it up.

I don’t mind other fish - but they are all so bland and unsatisfying. Any suggestions for a flavorful, filling fish?

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2020 6:53 PM

R23, ignore r24 and try monkfish yourself and make up your own mind.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2020 7:15 PM

Mackerel is delicious, but it has to be fresh. Full of Omega 3s and vitamins. Very bony, though.

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2020 7:21 PM

R20 = globalist

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] Love salmon.... I don’t mind other fish - but they are all so bland and unsatisfying. Any suggestions for a flavorful, filling fish?

Since you like salmon, I would suggest mackerel and trout. People say that halibut is strong-flavored, but that was not my experience (I thought it was mild-flavored). I did like the texture of halibut, though (big flakes, doesn't fall apart easily).

If you can get a hold of wahoo fish, you might like that. Good flavor, good texture.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2020 7:29 PM

Salmon, rainbow trout, brook trout, fresh tuna, cod, snapper.

Grilled is my favorite preparation method, but I don't grill at home.

At home I bake, broil or poach.

I prepare fish four ways (a) Asian Ginger Sesame (b) Lemon Olive Oil Herbs Capers (c) Honey Mustard (d) Diced Tomatoes, Onions, Green & Red Peppers, Diced jalapeno, Lemon Juice.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2020 7:34 PM

Yes. Love it! Fried, baked, grilled; I love it all!

I also like pies, deep-fried fish, anchovies. All of it!

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2020 7:37 PM

no one likes shrimp? I sure do.

And salmon.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2020 7:58 PM

R32, I wasn't thinking about shellfish, but I do love shrimp, scallops, lobster, oysters, and clams (yes, clams). Crab as well, but so difficult to find the Dungeness.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2020 8:13 PM

Anchovy fan also, R31!

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2020 8:15 PM

Anchovies improve the flavor of marinara sauces.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2020 8:26 PM

Yes, R34, the brown ones are my favourite!

I love shrimp, R32. I love crab! Mussels! I like dressed crab, crab legs, crab linguine! Yes they do, r35.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Anchovies are an ingredient in pasta puttanesca. You know, the whore marinara.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2020 2:05 PM

Shrimp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Shrimp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2020 2:42 PM

Does Patrick count as fish? If so, then yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2020 1:26 AM

Very much so. Grilled, pan-seared, baked, broiled, fried, or raw in sushi and poke bowls. Also shellfish.

A few years ago I made a hobby of trying to replicate a char-crusted blue marlin I'd had at Bristol's seafood restaurant—tried about a dozen times before I got as close as I think is possible with an electric stove, non-professional kitchen, and substituting mahi mahi or shark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2020 3:06 AM

Salmon-charcoal grilled

Cod - Panko crusted & Fried

Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Oyster

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2020 3:15 AM

Hate fish. Love pussy

by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2020 4:15 AM

I lurve deep fried fish from Long John Silvers, with those Hush Puppies on the side.

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2020 4:30 AM

Technically, r40, we refer to that as "seafood."

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2020 4:33 AM

Fish is okay, but I'm somewhat particular. I'd rather have beef, pork or chicken. I like most shellfish too.

Salmon is my favorite, but not if it's farmed. I grew up in the NW and it' still easy to find wild salmon, but rare in Europe where I am now. I also like halibut and sturgeon. Occasionally I'll order fish and chips.

I like my fish baked, grilled or sauteed with mild seasoning. I don't like a lot of sauce covering the fish.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Larnaca, Cyprus having a late lunch with a friend who lives there. He ordered for us two mains of fish. The fish in both orders were small (1" - 2") in size and whole. Head, skin and tail. I told him I couldn't eat it. The restaurant, located at the harbor, was known for its fresh fish. Fine, but give me a filet of something larger than my finger. I ate my salad and had an order of calamari.

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2020 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!