Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Georgiana Young, sister of Loretta Young, Polly Ann Young, and Sally Blane

She was far more beautiful than all of her sisters, but her acting career never took off—she really only has one substantial film credit. She was married to Ricardo Montalbán for nearly 50 years before her death in 2007. What else is known about her? She seems like an enigma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 29, 2020 9:03 AM

did those two have children? wow, two good looking people.

hardcore catholics, so one would expect MANY kids.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2020 9:25 PM

R1 they had four kids, but I couldn't really find any good photos of them as adults

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2020 9:29 PM

Daughter Laura died few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Their son Mark is a critical care nurse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2020 9:42 PM

Their son Vic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2020 9:44 PM

Supposedly, when he was 15, Ricardo Montalban saw her in a movie and fell totally in love, telling anyone who would listen that one day he would marry that actress. And he did. And they stayed married for 64 years.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Conversely, Fernando Lamas was such a dick.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2020 10:30 PM

Loretta was bitter about Georgina being given some parts just because her sisters were actresses.

She probably got her little sister blackballed from the industry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2020 11:50 PM

My favorite review quote ever, I think by James Agee, was when Loretta Young made a comeback of sorts in COME TO THE STABLE. He wrote, “Whatever it was this fabled star never had as an actress, she still hasn’t got it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2020 11:58 PM

Is that true, R8? Georgiana's only major credit is "The Story of Alexander Graham Bell" (1939), which she appeared in with Loretta. Aside from that, she had a couple of bit parts and that was it. It seems she never really pursued an acting career.

by Anonymousreply 10February 29, 2020 1:12 AM

No, I don’t know that any blackballing really happened - I just know Loretta Young was a big bitch who probably didn’t help her sister at all. She did grouse that Georgina didn’t have to actually work to get her role in THE STORY OF ALEXANDER BELL. Using all 4 sisters together was kind of a publicity stunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 29, 2020 6:59 AM

R10 That is the story Montalban told. The movie he said he saw her in was The Story of Alexander Graham Bell. But who knows, maybe he made it all up. Great story, though.

by Anonymousreply 12February 29, 2020 9:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!