Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Valentine’s Day House Decorations

The latest scourge.

Some houses start with Halloween in September and segue to Christmas and then straight to Valentine’s.

What’s wrong with these people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 3:46 AM

Aww. Nothing wrong with showing/spreading love. We need more of this.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2020 5:45 PM

I think it's cute. Why the wrath, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2020 5:49 PM

The wrath come from the fact that these are up for the entire month of February, replacing the Christmas decorations that were up for three months which followed 6 weeks of Halloween. You can’t tell me this is about celebrating a holiday. It’s a kind of narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2020 5:53 PM

You need to get laid op

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2020 5:56 PM

God forbid someone should try and decorate to combat their crippling seasonal depression. It’s not like there’s any leaves on the trees to look at.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2020 6:01 PM

They have color changing light strands but they don’t have strands where you can change to one color for 2 weeks, then change to a different color for 2 weeks, etc.

That way you could have orange lights for Halloween, white or multi lights for Christmas, red for Valentine’s Day & green for st Patrick’s day without having to take your lights down until mid March.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2020 6:21 PM

It looks like a dreary neighborhood, I applaud them for trying to cheer it up.

OP, Easter is early this year. You'll have a nice stretch from the end of April until the 4th of July with no decorations.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2020 6:36 PM

Who wants to spend two days outside in Jan/Feb putting all that up, and then two more days outside taking it all down?

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2020 6:40 PM

Nonsense. Fourth of July decorations go up in June.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Trashy hags.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2020 6:41 PM

I've never seen a house festooned with Valentine's day decorations.

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2020 7:59 PM

Leave them alone you nasty old queen ! Its their house,they can do what they want with it .

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2020 8:05 PM

My neighbors’ Christmas lights are still up, and I’ll confess that it brightens me up in the darkness of winter. I’d be happy if they came down now if they’d replace them with something else seasonal, even Valentines stuff, though all the pink wears out it’s welcome fast.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2020 8:11 PM

More retarded Americans.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2020 8:14 PM

Very cute. We need more of this.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2020 8:34 PM

Who hurt you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2020 9:50 PM

My next door neighbors decorate bigly for every holiday. Not my thing, but it makes it easy to tell people how to find my house.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 10:21 PM

Don't forget Easter. Decorating for that holiday has perked up in recent years. And the candy will be out TOMORROW.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote] They have color changing light strands but they don’t have strands where you can change to one color for 2 weeks, then change to a different color for 2 weeks, etc.

Um, what?

They’re color changing. You can change the color at any time. What difference does it make if it’s for 2 minutes or 2 weeks?

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2020 10:52 PM

OP must be a fucking joy to be around. L’il bitchy Betty hates everything.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] You can change the color at any time

No you can’t. You can buy string lights that are clear and they change into multicolor lights. You can keep them on clear all the time, or keep them on multi all the tine, or have them change back & forth clear/multi. But you can’t make them all red, all orange or all green. Just clear/multi. There are spotlights that you can make red or green or yellow, etc. But not string lights.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 3:29 AM

OP lives in a new development.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 3:33 AM

their lives are otherwise meaningless.

probably spend all of their time scrapbooking.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 3:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!