Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reclining airline seat controversy

Frau boards plane, man sits behind her.

She reclines her seat the whole way, man is frustrated and keeps pushing/punching her seat forward.

What sayeth the DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 23, 2020 11:39 PM

That bitch better push her seat forward.

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2020 4:35 AM

It is a little ridiculous when people recline all the way back, but I don't think you can get mad. Blame the airplane manufacturers and airlines.

by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2020 4:37 AM

It depends if the flight had departed yet.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2020 4:39 AM

It's not her fucking bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2020 4:40 AM

They're both assholes. He shouldn't have punched her seat, but she's a huge smelly cunt who acted like a child on the plane AND has been a total childish cunt since, too.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2020 4:41 AM

Easy, just stop the seats from reclining. There isn't enough room anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2020 4:42 AM

Fuck her if she doesn't know the rules for traveling nowadays. There is no leg room so when you fully recline, the person behind you can neither use their laptop, eat, or do much of anything.

EVERYONE knows this. Fuck this bitch. She's not in a recliner in front of her TV.

PS - Also, don't keep the shades up the whole fucking flight. It's really rude to other people - it's blinding and if you've never flown before, lift it up slightly to peek out.

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2020 4:43 AM

The seats are made to recline, so recline them

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2020 4:46 AM

I hate when people try to tell others to close the window. If you want to control the shade then reserve a window seat. I don’t tell you what to do with the isle.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2020 4:47 AM

If you full recline

You must not whine

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2020 4:48 AM

This is DL catnip.

But this frau is over the top. She is going to contact the FBI to press charges.

Bitch, please.

And, of course, her name is Wendi.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2020 4:50 AM

The hysterical martyr Marys screeching that no one can recline his seat are unhinged.

The seats are made to recline, so recline them.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote]"I will be calling the FBI"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2020 4:54 AM

Please think of others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2020 4:55 AM

I have found several surprise, savage pinches followed by a low hiss very effective in making bitches put their seats upright.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2020 4:56 AM

Wendi. WENDI. I'm fairly certain that when she has kids she'll let them run rampant, and be pissed that no one else appreciates her little darlings. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2020 4:57 AM

In theory, the seats are designed to recline. In practice, you can't always go into full recline. If it's an overnight flight, then everybody should be fully-reclined.

If I have a window seat, I like to pull the shade all the way down, day or night.

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2020 4:58 AM

How many of you watched the video in the attached article? The guy had plenty of room, even with Wendi reclining. He had his tray table out the entire time and never stopped watching videos on his cell phone. If her seat was getting too close to his face, he could have simply asked her not to recline any further. But the way he kept punching and shaking her seat was an unnecessary asshole move. Of course, he did it to a woman. I'd dare him to pull that shit with another man. Passive-aggressive hipster pussy.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2020 5:23 AM

People who fly a lot are the most annoying and bossy people in the world. Like you have to do everything a certain way because they saw someone else doing it that way.

Get over it. I’m leaving my shade up because I’m not a copy-cat sheep that MUST fit in and go with the crowd so people think I’m cool.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2020 5:25 AM

Hey look everybody, I’m a frequent flyer therefore I will dictate any and all customs to you lower beings.

I will instruct you on every single minute detail about travel because you couldn’t possibly figure anything out without my omniscience.

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Reclining in the economy cabin on domestic flights just isn't realistic anymore. It's not the passengers' fault the airlines are extracting ever greater profits out of us, but the reality is you can't recline without encroaching on someone else's space. People who recline in economy are generally either entitled cunts or clueless cunts. Sometimes both.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2020 5:40 AM

Depends on the flight. A redeye with no services? Fine. A day flight less than 3 hours. No.

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2020 5:56 AM

I am a 58 year old who still eats cruciferous vegetables every day.

Touch my seat in any way and I will bombard you with the most noxious farts of you entire life.

You will lose brain cells as a result.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2020 6:32 AM

The idiot doing that to her seat should have been arrested!

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2020 6:51 AM

It was a 2 hour flight.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2020 6:55 AM

No fucking way would he have pulled that shit if there was a dude sitting in front of him who could snap his neck. Or if she had one with her. He looks like half a retard anyway. I cannot believe anyone is defending him. Anyone would have been mad at this. It’s inexcusable. I admittedly don’t fly often, but those seats do not recline that much. I’ve always had people in front of me recline and I thought nothing of it; I thought this was acceptable. Never saw anyone ever complain either.

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2020 7:13 AM

Both suck. But punching someone's seat to disrupt them the entire flight is so fucking childish.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2020 8:39 AM

Anyone who thinks it's an appropriate reaction to repeatedly punch a stranger's seat has something wrong with them.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2020 9:21 AM

People who recline their seats in coach, deserve to die - there's not enough room anymore. People who are psycho and kick/punch seats deserve to die as well.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2020 9:30 AM

If your seat can recline, then it's your right to do so. Of course, it makes you a disgusting, stinking cunt that is unworthy of life and should be thrown off the plane without parachute, but it IS your right.

In other words, just because you are allowed to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

Also, as an addendum: Everyone who wants to recline their seat in front of me should also consider that it's not forbidden to fart on a plane either. So, they better beware...

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2020 9:31 AM

I am a straight, white female, and am most definitely on the man’s side in this case. My personal rule regarding anything is this: If it’s a Man or a Male-to-female trans woman, fine, let them do what they need to do for comfort, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the comfort or safety of another man or Male-to-female trans woman.

I did not read the article, but assuming that the woman in this case was born white and female and was NOT a Male-to-female trans woman, SHE should have been arrested and charged with felony assault, domestic violence, and committing a terrorist act, as her actions endangered the lives of all the other passengers and crew in that flight.

That man had every right to defend himself as he did, because she was actually violently assaulting him. I also hope that he and every other passenger on that plane sue the woman who reclined her seat, because she threatened their lives. Of course, since we live in a sick world, unfortunately, he will probably not receive any sort of justice.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2020 9:35 AM

A stewardess asked me once to lower my blind because it was disturbing a passenger. I told her no. I chose a window seat for a reason , this bitch should have chosen a window seat if you wanted lighting control.

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2020 12:07 PM

They were both acting like immature assholes, but the whole incident is a perfect illustration of what our dependence on our mobile devices is doing to basic human decency, kindness, and rationality.

There he is, bonking her seat back while he has his face buried in his phone instead of speaking to her about the issue, and there she is, using her phone to video the whole incident instead of speaking to him.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2020 12:35 PM

[quote]But the way he kept punching and shaking her seat was an unnecessary asshole move. Of course, he did it to a woman. I'd dare him to pull that shit with another man. Passive-aggressive hipster pussy.

Agreed, but everyone seems to have regressed and now a passive-aggressive whiny brat of a manchild punching a seat is an American Hero (tm).

R33, why would you even try to speak to someone who is punching you repeatedly while hiding in a corner behind their phone?

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2020 12:41 PM

R34 I'm not excusing his behavior; I said they were both assholes.

But here's a thought - when he started pushing her seat, wouldn't it have been better for her to turn around, look him in the eye and ask, "Am I bothering you?" Yes, things may have escalated, but I bet a flight attendant would have stepped in and put an end to it.

But no - instead, this woman chose to be a passive aggressive cunt (like him), take out her phone, video the behavior, and let it continue, all so she could later post it online and pretend to be the victim of horrific abuse.

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2020 12:47 PM

I was on a flight once and a very tall guy got on board and sat in front of a very fat lady and he reclined his seat a teensy bit, not even all the way back. The fat lady started punching his seat and screeching. The FA basically said "it's not his fault you're fat and the tray hits your stomach". They really didn't do too much to accomodate her. This was years ago though.

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2020 1:02 PM

I agree that it’s unnecessary and a little rude to recline a seat on a daytime flight that is less than four hours, but expecting others to feel they same way and to maintain that this is the only appropriate practice when the seats recline is ridiculous. The fucking seats recline. It’s a feature. People are going to use it. If it was discouraged by airlines, they wouldn’t have to make announcements saying, “Please return your seat to the upright position,” they would make announcements saying, “Don’t recline your seat.” Wtf does that asshole think he is to expect to impose his own set of rules on someone who is following the practice condoned by the airlines?

Not to mention that the person reclining their seat into your space more than likely has someone reclining a seat Into their space.

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2020 1:04 PM

I'm annoyed by people reclining their seats, but in that video the man seems like a psychotic freak and I really wouldn't want to get stuck next to him during a flight. This is not normal behaviour. Way worse than the woman did.

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Equally annoying are people behind you who pull hard in your seat when getting up and down. Develop some goddamn muscle tone fatties!

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2020 1:25 PM

Couldn’t he just recline his seat?

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2020 1:28 PM

[quote]when he started pushing her seat, wouldn't it have been better for her to turn around, look him in the eye and ask, "Am I bothering you?

No. You don't ask the person punching you what you can do to make the puncher feel better. Stop being a doormat.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2020 1:33 PM

For those of you who don't fly often, you may not be aware of how your conduct imposes on your fellow passengers. You don't realize that when you fully recline, it makes it practically impossible for the person behind you to use their tray, use a laptop, or access their bag under the seat.

If you flew more often and were in that situation, you would understand. You CAN recline a little bit so you're not fully upright the entire flight. But full recline is rude on short flights. Long flights, almost everyone is reclined for sleeping. That's why there is a recline button - for longer flights, not so you can lay back like it's a lazy-boy recliner.

If you use the FULL recline on a short flight, you have to be aware that you've just inconvenienced the person behind you. Always.

And I've heard flight attendants recently ask that shades be lowered out of respect for other passengers. You can still look out the window - because you are looking down at the Earth, not across the skies - with a much lowered shade.

Some of you are really inconsiderate assholes.

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2020 1:45 PM

I photograph clouds

by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2020 1:50 PM

I photograph clouds

by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2020 1:50 PM

"...but the whole incident is a perfect illustration of what our dependence on our mobile devices is doing to basic human decency, kindness, and rationality."

R33, it's actually a perfect illustration of the problem in interior airplane design: not enough room for people who don't or can't pay $$$ to sit where the design accommodates a human body comfortably.

by Anonymousreply 45February 13, 2020 2:01 PM

She bought the seat. She can recline. That’s what seats do.

by Anonymousreply 46February 13, 2020 2:04 PM

R42 She didn't recline that much, the guy still had space and could use the tray.

But that not even the problem. The problem is him not being able to say "Don't recline your seat, it's bothering me" and behaving like a freaking animal instead.

by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2020 2:04 PM

Boycott greedy airlines that cram passengers too closely together.

by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2020 2:05 PM

You'd be boycotting all of them, then, R48.

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2020 2:06 PM

So Wendi notches it up - she says that she lost work, had X-rays, and now suffers constant headaches. Complete and utter bullshit.

I don't believe a word of what she says happened now. They probably did have some sort of conversation and she was insistent on using her recline.

She's out for a payout. It's impossible to see from the video how much he was inconvenienced, but he was most certainly.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2020 2:20 PM

I was on a flight during which the person in front of me fully reclined their seat. I had brought a hard-back book with me to read and couldn't even rest it in my lap to read it. The only way I could have read it is if I rested it on their seat back. Even if I didn't already have the evacuation instructions memorized, I still wouldn't pay attention to the safety briefings at the beginning of the flight. In an emergency, there is no way in hell people will be able to get out in such limited space. Better to spend the time coming to peace with your inevitable death.

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2020 2:24 PM

[quote]Better to spend the time coming to peace with your inevitable death.

This is true for every second we spend on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2020 2:30 PM

I fully recline every time I fly. If the person behind me doesn't like it and feels like they're getting fucked over because they don't want to recline, then they should invest in better seats. Never been chastised, but I'm a man, and don't take sass.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2020 2:31 PM

I agree with the many who feel that if the seat is able to recline, you can recline. In most cases the person behind you can choose to recline as well, thus giving them more room. Of course this could cause a chain reaction with the person in the very back being the one loser in the deal, but that's either because they bought a cheap seat or were one of the last to purchase a seat or arrive at the airport. Planes are inherently uncomfortable anyway, but if you want to ensure more comfort, plan ahead and make sure you get a seat that reclines, and use it.

by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2020 2:41 PM

"Don't take sass"? R53, you sound like a 15-year-old midwestern girl out of the 30s.

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2020 2:45 PM

R53=Annie Oakley.

by Anonymousreply 56February 13, 2020 2:48 PM

I love to recline AND take the window seat so I can look out. Never had any problems so I take the woman’s side because that bitch of a man would never have ever tried this shit with someone his own size.

All the people here complaint are stupid and wait till the last minute to book their flights. Then they bitch about not getting the seats they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 57February 13, 2020 2:51 PM

"All the people here complaint are stupid"

Oh, dear, r57.

"wait till the last minute to book their flights. Then they bitch about not getting the seats they wanted."

How do you know that and who has said that here?

by Anonymousreply 58February 13, 2020 2:53 PM

R31 PLEASE tell me that post was a joke or a troll! OMG such justification and rationalization and PCishness. I can't stop laughing!

by Anonymousreply 59February 13, 2020 2:56 PM

So many people on this thread are just 'fuck everyone around me, I do what I want'. Just asshole behavior.

There are also 2 armseats, so does that mean you get both armseats to rest your arms if the other person doesn't use it first? I mean, it's there so why not?

Inconsiderate travelers. And no R57 - it's not about not getting the seats they wanted. Sounds like most of you travel only once or twice a year and are completely unaware of social rules on planes.

Another unspoken rule - keep your conversations at a low volume and to a minimum. I can't tell you how often people get on the plane and then just yap at full volume only 2-3 feet away from someone else. I don't want to hear your conversations - even through my earplugs!

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2020 2:57 PM

Of course she tweeted (wrongly) to Andy fucking Cohen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2020 2:59 PM

I fly at least twice a month and recline my seat every goddamn time. Again, no one has complained.

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2020 3:00 PM

The guy was a dick and was harassing her. But in his defense, it appears he's sitting in the last row, which means he doesn't have the ability to recline his seat to create a little more space for himself. The woman was an inconsiderate bitch as well. She shouldn't have fully reclined her seat and encroached completely into his space. Maybe with a little consideration on both sides, the whole situation could have been avoided.

If I was the airline, I would ban both of them from flying.

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2020 3:02 PM

R62 - but does reading this thread make you reconsider anything about your behavior and how it can impact others?

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2020 3:03 PM

It’s time for the airlines to deal with their product offering and conflicting consumer preferences. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve wanted to go postal on someone reclining on me. At the same time, I understand that reclining is a right.

The desire to recline is likely correlated with the hour of the flight (early AM/Red Eye), the destination (resort towns vs. cities), the need to work on the flight, and the condition of the passenger (obesity, tallness, back pain, etc.). The airlines have already shattered norms by charging for carryons, refreshments, and bags. It’s time to start no recline routes/planes, business class only flights (for workers and fat people), party class flights.

The issue here is control. As a passenger, you have no control over the space available, the reclining of others, the people who sit around you and the whims of the airlines. Airlines should reduce the uncertainty by guaranteeing things like seat size, reclining ability, etc.

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2020 3:04 PM

I love how you assholes think that a thread on the Datalounge could and/or should make ANYONE "reconsider anything about your behavior and how it can impact others?"

by Anonymousreply 66February 13, 2020 3:05 PM

She's been tweeting all day about this...for a week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 13, 2020 3:06 PM

R53 totally agree with you.

If the frau had been a man, the little bitch behind would have never pulled that crap.

So of course the the gays on here who are jealous of women instantly take the guys side.

This thread also has a lot of extremely passive aggressive people who think anyone gives a crap about their “unspoken rules”. For those of us who aren’t passive aggressive bitches, we don’t need unspoken rules cause we’re not afraid to speak up for ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 68February 13, 2020 3:07 PM

Some well-aimed coughing and phlegm spewing would have gotten that seat upright pronto!

by Anonymousreply 69February 13, 2020 3:12 PM

"The guy was a dick and was harassing her. But in his defense, it appears he's sitting in the last row, which means he doesn't have the ability to recline his seat to create a little more space for himself."

why should that be a problem for the person in front of him? what is the person in front of her was fully reclined---should she just suck it up because he got stick with the worst seat on the plane?

That said, ultimately, the airlines need to be held accountable for creating maddening conditions. And not with "clapback" tweeting. We need a modern-day Ralph Nader.

by Anonymousreply 70February 13, 2020 3:14 PM

Oh no, reclining my reclinable seat might inconvenience the person behind me! Let me just proactively add his potential burden to my life! I’m so virtuous and self-abnegating, society will surely notice!

Get real. I have problems of my own, Miss.

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2020 3:15 PM

Oh, dear...forgive my typos.

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2020 3:15 PM

Frau cunt alert at R71

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2020 3:16 PM

To me, reclining is like being politically incorrect. Without knowing the person with whom you interact, there should be a minimum standard of care. Be courteous and appropriate until you realize you can be something else. The issue is that there are loads of people on this planet who are completely self-unaware or lack empathy at all. I wish there was someway to teach empathy. Driving should do it, but alas, it doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2020 3:20 PM

r71 doesn't sound like a frau. If anything, I'd wager that some of the cunts on here raging about the imaginary "unspoken rules" are fraus, predictably internalizing the situation and feeling an urgent sense of duty to impose order.

by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2020 3:22 PM

The guy has anger management issues. He's completely in the wrong. It's clear from the video. I hope she takes the airline to task for putting her in a potentially harmful situation. All he had to do is politely ask her not to recline so far back. Really though, that's not so intolerable. He's leaning forward.

by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2020 3:22 PM

He seemed Aspiellenial. The shaved head to get rid of irritating hair care.

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2020 3:29 PM

R66 You're an ass. DL has a lot more going for it than smarmy, snarky retorts -- which are GREAT. But there's a lot of thoughtful dialogue happening on this site.

by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2020 3:37 PM

Yeah, R70. That's why I said a little consideration on both their parts might have avoided the situation altogether. I actually come down on her side because what she did was perfectly within the expectations of how the seat is designed to function. It's unfortunate that being in the last row caused him to have diminished space and understand his frustration. But he crossed a line when he began physically harassing her.

And although I take her side, she seems to be milking this to get something out of it. I doubt she was so traumatized that it led to missed work and medical bills. When she says that the FA offered the guy a cocktail, she's trying to make it look like the airline victimized her too. In reality, the FA probably offered the guy a drink to defuse the situation and compensate him for the inconvenience. She wants us to believe that the FA and airline took the guy's side over her.

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2020 3:38 PM

Thanks R79 for your thoughtful and rational insights.

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2020 3:44 PM

it looks like he is in the last seat in the plane. Have you ever sat in that seat? It is by far the most uncomfortable seat on the entire plane. Your seat doesn't give because it is up against a wall. Then to have someone in front of you recline is horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2020 3:46 PM

I'm on the "they're both assholes" side. Her bogus claims in a lawsuit and saying she's calling the FBI show her to be as big a douche as he is. Sounds like they're made for each other.

by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2020 3:53 PM

They are clearly both assholes. A polite person, upon realizing that his seat couldn’t recline, would have agreed to his request not to recline on a short flight (as a courtesy, not because it is required), provided the passenger in front of her didn’t recline. And I’m pretty sure she would have mentioned it if the person in front of her had reclined.

He is more wrong, but she is an asshole too.

Question - I think it’s appropriate to inform the person behind you that you are about to recline, but I don’t want to phrase it as a question, because it’s not.. What is the correct way to phrase this? Currently, I avoid it by reclining slowly after the person in front of me reclines. Which is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2020 4:00 PM

Why don't they adjust the airline seats so they don't recline fully? Or at all? Also I'm sorry but while they are at it, get rid of the arm rests. Arm rest hogs and full recliners and shades up the whole flight ruin it for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 84February 13, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote]If I was the airline, I would ban both of them from flying.

You can't ban a passenger from reclining in a seat that is meant to recline.

by Anonymousreply 85February 13, 2020 4:09 PM

He's hot

by Anonymousreply 86February 13, 2020 4:11 PM

I can't afford business or first class, but I always upgrade to the more leg room economy offerings. For $50-$80, you an really improve your comfort.

by Anonymousreply 87February 13, 2020 4:37 PM

It’s that’s guy’s fault for flying economy. If he doesn’t want a small cramped area to sit in, fly first class, drive or sail.

Punching the seat is cunt behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 88February 13, 2020 4:49 PM

"If he doesn’t want a small cramped area to sit in"

Who WANTS that, R88?

by Anonymousreply 89February 13, 2020 4:50 PM

R89, people who wait til the last minute apparently do want that. I’ve never in my life been stuck in a crappy seat but then again I don’t wait til the last minute.

R83, you’re right. It is pathetic. Speak up for yourself instead of being a passive aggressive bitch relying on unspoken rules.

People here are more passive aggressive pushovers than Chrissy Metz dieticians.

by Anonymousreply 90February 13, 2020 4:58 PM

R90 here again. I just remembered I did get stuck in a crappy seat once. Guess how it happened? I waited til the last minute to get it.

by Anonymousreply 91February 13, 2020 4:59 PM

Exactly, r90z Everyone else seems to manage it without throwing tantrums, r89.

Book your seat earlier so you don’t end up on the worst seat of the plane or suck it up. Punching the seat is the behaviour of a MAGA hat owner.

by Anonymousreply 92February 13, 2020 5:00 PM

They're both going to die of coronavirus so who cares

by Anonymousreply 93February 13, 2020 5:45 PM

[R59] yes, that was a joke. The only genuine thing about it was my admission that I’m a straight frau, and as such I understand my opinion on most things DL-related is of no consequence, so I generally refrain from commenting. However, when watching the video of those two fuckwits, I thought, “Holy fuck, if I’d been on that flight next to them, I’d have come un-fucking-glued at their petty, loud behavior,” followed by, “Why can’t we just kill idiots like these two on the spot?” The world would be a much better place without puerile pieces of shit like them walking around stinking it up for the rest of us who know how to suck up a bit of discomfort for two measly hours on an airplane. We’ve truly become a nation of useless, passive-aggressive pussies.

by Anonymousreply 94February 13, 2020 6:05 PM

I am always on my best behavior on a flight. Flying is very stressful to many people and usually courtesy to others is rewarded with courtesy in return. I have been sandwiched between large people and been uncomfortable- but I had to deal with it, and the large people tried their best. It’s a flight, it will end. Just handle it. I have never been on a plane that had seats recline so much it was a problem.

by Anonymousreply 95February 13, 2020 6:43 PM

What's this "full recline" business? Do any airplane seats to back more than a couple inches?

by Anonymousreply 96February 13, 2020 6:53 PM

Get on the jury. Let her win. Award $1 in damages, can't be appealed. She will hate that.

by Anonymousreply 97February 13, 2020 7:28 PM

Wow is it easy to spot the entitled frau cunts in here.

Smells like rotten fish or a pier at low tide in August in here.

by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2020 7:41 PM

What airlines are you people flying? These seats recline an inch, tops. Not enough to make a difference. And guess what, Doris, if I have the window seat, that shade will be up the entire time. Fuuuuck off!

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote] It’s time to start no recline routes/planes, business class only flights (for workers and fat people), party class flights.

R65 is the former CEO of Pan Am.

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2020 7:52 PM

I’m with her. The only time you can’t recline after takeoff is when you eat.

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote]Of course, he did it to a woman. I'd dare him to pull that shit with another man.

Personally, I love to wrestle with another man

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2020 8:37 PM

Like most men, he should be transported in cargo, in a cage.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2020 10:00 PM

Frau alert at r103!

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2020 10:31 PM

Has the FBI director held a press conference to comment on this pressing issue?

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2020 10:44 PM

I'm my mom's caregiver, and my guilty-feeling siblings have promised me a trip to Italy after she passes, to make up for my being essentially confined to the house with mom for the past several years.

It's shit like this that has me repeatedly trying to convince them to not do that for me, because being trapped for hours in a flying cattle car would drive me stark raving mad.

If I have to fly to get somewhere, I ain't going.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2020 10:52 PM

Team recliner.

Of course, if the situation were reversed, with the man reclining and the woman punching the seat, DL would have taken the man’s side.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2020 11:03 PM

"... and my guilty-feeling siblings have promised me a trip to Italy after she passes"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2020 11:38 PM

R95, you're wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 109February 14, 2020 12:00 AM

R106, you'd turn down a free trip to Italy because you have to get on a plane to get there? Why don't you just have your siblings buy you a first-class ticket? Don't you deserve it?

Because turning down seeing Italy because it's a 7-hour plane ride is really dense. I think you've aptly named yourself.

by Anonymousreply 110February 14, 2020 1:22 AM

R99 and R96. Exactly. Recline position is like, 3 inches back?

by Anonymousreply 111February 14, 2020 3:21 AM

I hate the shades-shut people, especially at night. There's no sunlight coming in at night for God's sake. No one used to do that. Now everyone is because they don't want glare on their screens. When a flight is bumpy, I prefer to look out the window as it helps with my sense of equilibrium. These days, nearly everyone closes the window shade.

I agree this is the fault of the airlines as far as space goes. I'm not a big guy at all (5'8, 160) and I feel utterly crammed in regular economy. Comfort-plus 9or whatever the particular airline calls it) frankly isn't much better. I'm fortunate that I can afford first class. That's all I will fly these days. You get treated better and you have way more room. The people in steerage are also getting ruder. It's like they're looking to invade your space and feel this sense of entitlement that they're owed more space. I had to fly economy on a last-minute business trip and the woman next to me bitched at me because I wouldn't let her store her stuff under the seat in front of me. Her reasoning--She'd had a long day and wanted to stretch her legs. I told her she should have bought first class then and to get her shit out from under my space. What an entitled asshole. I'd had a long day, too, and that precious space in the seat in front of me was part of what very little space I had.

by Anonymousreply 112February 14, 2020 6:41 AM

TEAMFRAU

If you actually watch the video, these clearly aren’t even coach/economy seats (too nice). It’s not like... United economy. *shiver* My husband also prefers last row when in a higher class cabin simply BECAUSE we don’t have to worry about any annoying bitches behind us. EVA Air premium economy - for example - has great recline room in the last row.

The seat reclines, so recline the fuck away! They only recline, what, 2 inches? 3? They barely move at all in basic. It’s not like they keep moving until they crush your tray into your gunt. Recline all you want. Just kick back, shut the fuck up, don’t bring your emotional support dog on the flight and we’re cool.

I’m more irritated when certain flight attendants won’t let me keep my armrest raised. I like the aisle seat and raise the armrest so I get more wiggle room on the side for long hauls.

by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2020 8:10 AM

[quote] Recline position is like, 3 inches back?

Well, probably 3-4.

Why y’all looking at me? Sometimes an inch makes all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 114February 14, 2020 10:59 AM

That poor man is tired from traveling. Why does that bitch think she can disturb his flight? She should stay at home if she wants to be comfortable! Women need to know their place!

by Anonymousreply 115February 14, 2020 11:02 AM

The mofo should just man up and fly First Class if he travels alone. It's affordable if you have two fuckin brain cells to rub together to figure out how to get airmiles. Yes, it's more expensive, but shit like this, I mean, come on already.

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2020 11:19 AM

She's rude to recline the seat, but he's a psycho who has much bigger issues for doing that. Even though I hate when people recline their seat, that guy needs to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2020 11:24 AM

[quote]Sounds like most of you travel only once or twice a year and are completely unaware of social rules on planes.

I suspect many of the pro-recline commenters here have traveled by plane once or twice in their LIVES.

by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2020 7:51 PM

Before airline deregulation, many economy seats had 36 inches of pitch. Today, some seats have as little as 28 inches.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2020 8:06 PM

Both of these people are fucking douche bags, but she's a bigger douche bag for now pretending that she's had physical injuries as the result of having the equivalent of a hotel bed's "magic fingers" against her seat. Revolting cunt.

by Anonymousreply 120February 15, 2020 1:01 AM

I am shocked her name is not Karen.

by Anonymousreply 121February 15, 2020 11:13 AM

Let’s rank the players in this little drama using the Douche-O-Meter (1 = Most Douchy, 4 = Least Douchy):

1. AIRLINE: American Airline takes the top spot. America Eagle puddle jumpers SUCK BALLS. A literal can of sardines. An NYC subway car during rush hour is more comfortable. There should be no “recline” function on those seats to begin with. But once again, the airlines and their horrendous “customer service” practices get a pass...What else is new?

2. THE GUY: this man has anger management issues. Perhaps he could have started by saying, “Excuse me, ma’am, but it’s pretty tight. Do you mind not reclining your seat?” But Mr. Can’t Get Laid talks with his FISTS! (As someone upthread pointed out, it’s highly doubtful he would have done that had a man been seated in front of him. And yeah, men recline seats, too).

3. THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT: this idiot rewards bad behavior by giving Rocky Balboa a free drink? Sweetheart, your employer and its shit box aircraft/penny pinching CREATED this problem. Shut up and stick to seatbelt demos.

4. THE WOMAN: she needs to be more aware of her surroundings and the fact that the world doesn’t revolve around her. Then again, that describes about 90% of the general public these days.

by Anonymousreply 122February 15, 2020 3:14 PM

It's annoying when you're trying to eat and the person ahead of you reclines their seat. Your food can spill.

It's also annoying when the flight hasn't taken off and a person reclines their seat. I once put my hands up and stopped a seat from reclining all the way.

by Anonymousreply 123February 15, 2020 3:41 PM

Many European carriers no longer feature reclining seats on their short-haul planes. Given that some flights within the continent can still take up to 5 hours, this is a blessing.

by Anonymousreply 124February 15, 2020 4:03 PM

Both are scheduled to be on Dr. Phil on Tuesday, along with a representative from American Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 125February 15, 2020 6:37 PM

Once this goes to court it will be known as the "Gunt Defense"

by Anonymousreply 126February 15, 2020 7:00 PM

R122, I would add the CEO of Delta to your list because he chimes in and said that it’s a passengers right to recline, but it’s polite to ask.

That doesn’t even make sense. If you ask and they say “no” how do you exercise your right to recline.

Ugh. I’m flying economy cross country tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 127February 15, 2020 8:20 PM

Will you recline your seat, R127?

by Anonymousreply 128February 15, 2020 8:21 PM

Receeding hairline seat controversy

Someone start this thread.

by Anonymousreply 129February 15, 2020 8:22 PM

Doubtful. Only if the person in front of me does. -R127

by Anonymousreply 130February 15, 2020 8:27 PM

Why is anyone assuming their interaction with each other began when the woman started filming?

by Anonymousreply 131February 15, 2020 9:25 PM

Airplane seats often have collapsed padding that forces the body into an awkward "C" shape when in the upright position so that passengers are slightly leaning forward rather that upright.

"Pre-reclined" (non-reclining) seats on budget airlines are often less padded, but their firmness (more like a bus seat) and seat-back angle offer better back support and are actually more comfortable, in my experience. Another design allows the seat to recline, but at the same time scoots the bottom forward, so that reclining reduces the recliner's leg room but gives the person behind them extra leg room. This seems optimal, but I can see how people would then be upset when "the asshole in front of me refused to recline and I never got the leg room I paid for!"

If the last row does not recline and etiquette dictates that the row in front of it not recline, then that second row, functionally, is also a non-reclining row, which, following the same rules of etiquette, would force the row in front of it to be non-reclining, and so on, all the way to the front. Non-recliners, adhering to this unspoken rule, refuse to recline, so they always feel that the recliner in front of them is rude and they are unable to relieve themselves of their loss of space as they refuse to recline and become one of "those people".

I'm 6 feet tall and 175 pounds and have never been bothered at all by anyone's reclining, but understand how taller people would be affected. I was surprised to learn that is was an issue for so many people and have been cautious to recline since learning this, years ago. People who are overweight are naturally pushed forward when seated, which also decreases their leg room on these increasingly crowded planes.

People remark that leg room is an issue, but I think it is as much a territorial issue. Many feel that their purchased space includes those inches that are lost to someone's reclining. I always considered that the seat and its functionality were what I had purchased. I do not use a laptop on airplanes but understand how this could add to one's frustrations.

Airlines are consistently silent on the matter and leave it to passengers to sort it out, which leads to conflicts like this. Cramming seats together without redesigning those seats is stupid, but cost-effective for them. Relying on unspoken rules of etiquette that oppose seat design and pre-flight safety instructions is asking for trouble.

What bothers me are kids who bounce against their seats or recline up and down, but that is more of a "control your fucking kid" issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 16, 2020 10:27 PM

Newer seats don't really recline much, so thankfully the airlines are finally engineering out that problem. Now as for the shade - I like the window seat & I honestly don't care much one way or the other, but aside from directions from the flight crew regarding whether shades should be up or down, you can politely *ask* someone and since it's probably not going to impact their comfort one way or the other, they will likely comply

by Anonymousreply 133February 16, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote] Today, some seats have as little as 28 inches.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Hardly little, though.

by Anonymousreply 134February 16, 2020 11:47 PM

I’ve been in the row that doesn’t recline. When the guy in front of me reclined, as is his right, I just sucked it up. It isn’t torture. Sometimes in life, you draw the short straw. Stop thinking other people should change to accommodate you.

And they have reduced the amount the seats recline. They barely recline at all, now.

If you are tall, you need to recline to have the leg room to fit in the seat at all.

The captain would get on the speaker and ask everyone to move their seats to their upright position, if that’s the norm. But it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 135February 16, 2020 11:52 PM

If you've flown on a 787 Dreamliner, you've noticed that there are virtual "shades" on the widows. The passenger can, at times, control the dimness/ brightness of the window but, for the most part, it's controlled by the flight crew.

by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2020 3:02 AM

787 windows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 17, 2020 3:03 AM

As it should be, R136. As opposed to some cunt who thinks that just because she bought that seat she bought the rights to controlling the window shade.

by Anonymousreply 138February 17, 2020 3:06 AM

The problem with those windows though is that they don't completely block out the light like a shade does. They just mute it so that it's not a harsh light coming in. A couple of weeks ago I was in a window seat on one of those planes. I was trying to watch a movie on my iPad, but the light coming in was causing a glare on my screen. I kept having to adjust the position of my iPad to keep the light from falling on it. If there had been a pull-down shade, I would have been able to block it completely.

by Anonymousreply 139February 17, 2020 3:28 AM

Oh c’mon, r139!

What, you couldn’t see every hair on the guy’s cock?

by Anonymousreply 140February 17, 2020 11:09 AM

[quote] you've noticed that there are virtual "shades" on the widows.

Those are called veils.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 17, 2020 11:11 AM

Delta's CEO is the stupidest of them all. Why put passengers in the position of having to beg people behind them to recline their seats?

by Anonymousreply 142February 17, 2020 11:13 AM

I don't understand how this can remotely be an argument. The person who reclines is always at fault is they exceed one or two notches.

I had some jackass recline his seat suddenly, full-tilt, boom. I pushed back on the seat in reflex and he immediately started grumbling loudly about how he had paid for his seat. I told him he had not paid me to smell balls but that was what he was doing, and if he didn't stop he would feel my feet occupy the space that I had paid for the the rest of the trans-Atlantic flight. I'm not having someone's head in my fucking lap for 8 hours or a half hour for that matter.

Anyone who has been in a plane understands that there is no space to recline all the fucking way back (if the airline hasn't already restricted this), and yet people think that they are entitled to do so, to have their fucking nasty head in a strangers lap, trapping him like a slice of meat between two pieces of bread for hours. Why anyone thinks this level of discourtesy is a right is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 143February 17, 2020 11:31 AM

Control freaks are supposed to pay for business or first class tickets for more personal space that can't be invaded by a reclining seat. Cattle seating is for those who either don't give a fuck, spineless pushovers, or confrontational assholes with anger management issues.

by Anonymousreply 144February 17, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote] I'm not having someone's head in my fucking lap for 8 hours or a half hour for that matter.

You sound like a generous lover.

by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2020 12:05 PM

"I told him he had not paid me to smell balls but that was what he was doing"

Huh, R143?

by Anonymousreply 146February 17, 2020 12:06 PM

R144, it sounds like you have anger management issues.

by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2020 12:08 PM

I know if I'm on a flight and I recline all the way back that I'm infringing on their space. Just because the aircraft enables it, doesn't mean people should do it. Have some courtesy. It's different if you're in a higher class of seats that has more space, but when you're cramped in economy seating, don't be a douche.

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2020 12:10 PM

I cross my legs when I first sit down. That way, when someone tries to recline all the way back, it seems like the seat is as far back as it will go. I'm not totally restricting their ability to recline, just not letting them recline all the way back. That way I can use the tray when I need to without having it shoved up my nose.

I don't fly very long flights. Most are within the US although I have flown to HI. As others have said, I will pay the extra for United Economy for the extra room, when it's available. It's worth the extra cost.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Unless the seat was malfunctioning, it should not have impeded his ability to use his tray table. I’ve never had issues with a reclining seat in front of me. I’m more likely to have had issues with the person behind me, kicking, etc.

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2020 1:03 PM

They are both in the wrong. Apparently part of the story of him getting a free drink was because when she put her seat back, they had just gotten their drinks, and he had his on his tray table. It spilled all over him because she reclined and knocked it over - all over him. That's not an excuse, but it would have pissed me off as well.

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2020 1:13 PM

She was the entitled cunt who HAD to recline her seat. I have been in that last seat and the woman in front of me reclined so far back her hair was in my face so I just started coughing..in her hair. She shot me a dirty look and said "cover your mouth" I told her I cannot raise my hands your seat is so far back.

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2020 1:54 PM

MAARRRYYYY... Jesus fucking Christ, you queens court drama. I fly regularly, and have never had an issue with a reclining seat (not mine, nor anyone else's) or window shade in all of my eighteen, travel-filled, adult years. i recline fully when i want, and do what i want with the goddamn window shade if I'm unlucky enough to get a window seat.

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2020 4:21 PM

r143 in particular sounds like he rarely flies. who has the energy for this kind of chaos?

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Can’t wait for the Asians to take over the world. These entitled white cunts will no longer be allowed to act like chats anymore. They will send you in a labor camp and torture you to death. Can’t fucking wait

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2020 4:29 PM

I think this thread has officially outlived its usefulness.

Btw, what R153 said.

by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote] These entitled white cunts will no longer be allowed to act like chats anymore.

Act like what, now?

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2020 4:42 PM

r157 chats. Was it not perfectly clear dear? CHATS.

by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2020 7:24 PM

That didn’t help, r158.

Still have no idea what you’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2020 8:41 PM

This cunt is everything wrong with women nowadays. It’s literally an understood courtesy that you don’t recline on domestic daytime flights. Talk about a histrionic drama queen. She’s lawyered up too.

LMAO at fat pig Meghan McCain emphasis that this was a “WOMAN!” Jesus, double standards much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2020 8:54 PM

I’m told on DataLounge that I am an oversized gorilla so I recline the seat. That is my favorite insult, surpassing “dum-dum” (sic).

If you close your eyes, you will not notice that a passenger in front of you has reclined. I’ve never had a problem eating with the seat in front reclined. The only thing that might be a problem is when a person wants to use a laptop, and the person in front of them has reclined. I think the person with the laptop should improvise and stop trying to control other people. .

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote] I’m told on DataLounge that I am an oversized gorilla so I recline the seat

Well no wonder:

[quote]I’ve never had a problem eating with the seat in front reclined.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2020 9:28 PM

Reclining seats on planes were a good idea when there was space - before the airlines got uber greedy. Now there is not enough room and no one should recline unless they are an a$$hole. I never recline out of courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]PS - Also, don't keep the shades up the whole fucking flight. It's really rude to other people

Actually no fuck you for asking that to be shut. I paid extra to look out the window, it's called travel and that's what people do when they travel. Plus a lot of people have a fear of flying or motion sickness and you need to look at a horizon to stop the uneasy feeling. Rent a cargo container and get in it of you want travel in an enclosed blackout box.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2020 9:36 PM

No one has ever asked my permission or even notified me that they wanted to recline their seat, when they did. Where are all these people who say they’d do so? I think they’re “aspirational”, not real. I’ve never seen them.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2020 9:39 PM

What R2 said.

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Sorry but my seat, my choice. If you don't want people to recline, the seats can easily be disabled to do that. So the intent is that you CAN reline at will. No one should be forced to abide by some unwritten rules on a cheap flight. Move up to first class if you want Miss Manners type flying etiquette. Otherwise you are basically in a bus in the sky and you need to deal with it the way it was built.

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2020 9:49 PM

Pretty much every plane I have been on the person in front of me reclines the instant it's in the air. If I don't do the same, then I am really boxed in there. Seats are designed to do that, stop projecting you ideas of courtesy onto others who just want their fair amount of space given to them with the purchase of a ticket. This Frau is a cunt but sorry, she was the one with the right of way.

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2020 9:53 PM

I think you just have to recognize that you’re not at home or wherever and your personal space is suspended for the duration of the trip. That means sharing arm rests, fat people touching you, tolerating recliners, ignoring kids and adult jerks kicking your seat from behind, etc. there just isn’t the room to expect your personal space to not be infringed upon.

by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2020 10:17 PM

I am not sure why economy seats even have a recline option--the difference is imperceptible.

Unless the flight is under two hours, I always fly business or economy plus. Well worth the extra money.

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2020 10:21 PM

I like r169. He sounds like a reasonable guy.

Did someone leave the DL door open again?

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2020 11:31 PM

It’s the AIRLINE Companies, OP. Why didn’t you add this to the poll?

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2020 11:35 PM

Wasn't there a device they sold that you could wedge in a seat to stop the person reclining ? I remember there was a big uproar about that too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 21, 2020 12:52 AM

Patented by a Datalounger, no doubt, R173.

by Anonymousreply 174February 21, 2020 3:45 AM

The basic question

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 21, 2020 4:14 AM

I would have a problem with no recline IF the seats were spaced out like they were originally designed to. But that's just not the case. Over the past two decades they have been squeezing them in tighter and tighter to maximize profits while hundreds of good planes sit in the desert rotting so they can claim the flight is full so shut the fuck up and take it like a good little passenger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 21, 2020 7:56 AM

If you look a little more closely there are a bunch of Air Force B-52 bombers in that photo. Also a number of planes cut apart for recycling.

Military seats don't often recline very much .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 21, 2020 11:54 AM

Well R117, I was just looking for a quick dramatic pic. I know that one I posted was military, HOWEVER there are graveyards of commercial out there too. Just didnt have time to find a good pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 21, 2020 12:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 21, 2020 12:06 PM

and this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 21, 2020 12:07 PM

or this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 21, 2020 12:08 PM

So you are mad at the airlines because they aren’t flying additional planes with empty seats?

The airlines have to make money (or at least have a plausible shot at it) , otherwise you don’t get to fly at all. That means they are going to try and fill all the seats. Consumers vote with their wallets, and they have voted to fly cheaply and uncomfortably.

Airlines are responding to peoples’ complaint by offering. “Comfort class” and the like, where the atmosphere is still the same as a greyhound bus, but you get a little extra space.

What’s bullshit is having reclining seats and forcing passengers to negotiate their use among themselves, allowing people who don’t fit in a single seat to spill over into adjacent seats (which they implicitly condone by supplying seat belt extenders to passengers who only purchased one ticket), not enforcing carry-on rules, not assigning overhead space, allowing bullshit service animals, etc..

All of these issues could be fixed without huge costs to the airlines. Have the pilot announce, “keep you seat upright for this short flight.“ Have Passengers demonstrate that their carryon fits in appropriately sized boxes before boarding, like the European budget airlines do. Have the web interface ask ticket purchasers if they weight over 275 and give a heads up that they should buy two seats or risk not being allowed to board. Make seatbelts SHORTER, and if it doesn’t buckle, you need an extra seat, not a freaking extender. Are you blind? No? Them leave Fido (or Mr. Ed) at home.

by Anonymousreply 182February 21, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] So you are mad at the airlines because they aren’t flying additional planes with empty seats? The airlines have to make money. All of these issues could be fixed without huge costs to the airlines. Have the pilot announce, “keep you seat upright for this short flight.“

They used to do it all the time dipshit, and they made lots of money. By your logic, no bus on any street should be allowed to move unless it's totally full, standing room only. Sorry, in a capitalist society, I prefer transportation that is comfortable. It's my right to get what I paid for. If I paid for a reclining seat, I expect to be able to use it. If a business dose not want people to use a feature of the product they advertise, then stop misleading them by implying it's something they can use. Lock the seats down so everyone knows what they are getting.

by Anonymousreply 183February 21, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote] If a business dose not want

FFS, when will you learn it’s “does”?!

by Anonymousreply 184February 21, 2020 11:30 PM

Get over it r184. Take it up with auto-spell on Verizon.

by Anonymousreply 185February 21, 2020 11:45 PM

R183, in almost every municipality, buses are not private, for profit enterprises. You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 186February 22, 2020 1:06 AM

Dont sell something you cant provide. If I pay for a reclining seat, I expect to use it. IF you dont want people to use it, remove to button. Cant have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 187February 22, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]in almost every municipality, buses are not private, for profit enterprises. You are an idiot.

What dose that have to do with the basic premise? If anything private should be more comfortable and accommodating to entice customers to pay them hundreds of dollars to fly on their planes.

by Anonymousreply 188February 22, 2020 1:12 AM

R188, if push came to shove, I would defend your right to vote. But part of me is really sad that you probably can.

by Anonymousreply 189February 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Bottom line you wouldn't accept this bullshit if it was your iPhone. Can you imaging paying over 1,200 for a smart phone and then they tell you not to use all the features AFTER you paid for it?

by Anonymousreply 190February 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Funny, r185, no one else seems to have that problem, including me.

Blaming autocorrect is a pussy cop out. It’s OK to be dumb, but when you’re called out for a correction, don’t double down.

by Anonymousreply 191February 22, 2020 9:48 AM

R191, it happens to me all the time. You didn't call out anything by noticing a transposed letter in a 4 letter word. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 192February 22, 2020 10:43 AM

She has a right to recline, I have a right to puke in her hair.

by Anonymousreply 193February 22, 2020 6:32 PM

Has anyone tried the seat-jamming devices?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 23, 2020 6:52 PM

r183's right.

Just fucking insane that we have people defending the egregious standards we have for air travel because "the airlines have to make money!!!" Honey, they know how to make money---they don't need your help. It's the government's job to regulate their business activities in accordance with what society wants.

by Anonymousreply 195February 23, 2020 9:45 PM

This is why I always fly row one. Always.

by Anonymousreply 196February 23, 2020 9:47 PM

Those gadgets R194 that jam the seat are banned on Airlines. There have been court cases about it. The Airline is the one who fought to get them banned. Ergo, that mean they want to continue the practice of people having the option to recline. Proves my point, if they wanted people to remain upright because of tight space, all they have to do is disable that recline feature but they do not. When you pay for a recline seat, you should be able to recline the seat.

by Anonymousreply 197February 23, 2020 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!