Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think Kiki Layne could be Storm in the MCU?

Shes been gunning for the role. She’s so beautiful and tall enough. But I’ve only seen her in one film and while she did well, she came across as so naive and innocent. I’m not sure if she can portray the maturity, wisdom, and quiet strength of Storm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2020 12:14 PM

Was I not enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2020 3:58 AM

"I’m not sure if she can portray the maturity, wisdom, and quiet strength of Storm."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2020 4:03 AM

r1 Awful to be honest. Halle is beautiful but she looks nothing like Storm. Her performance was also poor. For instance, the terrible attempt at an accent that went away after the first film. She doesn’t carry herself with strength or regality. The writing didn’t help. You would never know that Storm, Cyclops, and Professor X are the three leaders of the X-men from those films. They were all about Wolverine to the detriment of the franchise. I hope the MCU doesn’t make the same mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2020 4:04 AM

r2 Are you familiar with the comics or the animated series? You should read them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2020 4:05 AM

Lol oh please marvel will cast someone like Tiffany hadish.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2020 4:07 AM

r5 Their casting has always been good. Are you comparing the cast of Black Panther to fucking Tiffany Haddish? That’s extremely insulting

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2020 4:09 AM

Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2020 4:16 AM

No I'm talking about red neck pratt, they go for funny actors and put them in semi comedy action movies. I love the comics but hate what marvel has done in the screen. I'm not at all looking forward to seeing magneto crack unfunny jokes.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2020 4:17 AM

who cares? shouldn't we all be tired of superhero movies?

shouldn't someone who is an actress try to get better things going before they do something iconic like this? if an established and qualified actor/actress does it after many good roles, it can be fun.

Hwood needs to get rid of this dreck. it has no relevancy to anyone's lives or existence. plus, it is mostly CGI so no real need even for actors. might as well make cartoons as in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2020 4:18 AM

Wrong site OP. This isn't reddit

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2020 4:19 AM

r9 She was already in a Uber serious Oscar bait movie and has others lined up. Why should actors limit themselves to one genre. Marvel movies are fun and family friendly. You can enjoy them and more adult oriented genres. Everything doesn’t have to be Citizen Kane.

r10 Like dick doesn’t mean we all have the same taste in everything.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2020 4:23 AM

*licking

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2020 4:23 AM

Sometimes I forget this place is full of old White queens that would rather discuss Madonna and Judy Garland for the 50th time this week.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2020 4:52 AM

Neither of these gals are as pretty as Halle. And none of them, Including Halle, are Storm.

Find a girl who looks more like Vanity. There’s your Storm.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2020 5:45 AM

r14 Are you out of your fucking mind? Storm is a dark skinned Black woman. One of her parents is fucking African, the other is a darker skinned Black American. Halle should have never played her. Why do you wish for her to look as White as possible? You’re racist. Fiege knows better than to make her look White. Kiki is only person pictured and she looks stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2020 6:16 AM

She’s not pretty because she’s dark? Kill yourself. This is Storm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2020 6:19 AM

I refuse to believe you know anything about the character r14. Storm is very dark with high cheekbones, very full lips, and almond shape eyes. She’s not fucking Vanity and their would be huge backlash if they tried to cast someone that looked like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2020 6:24 AM

I have only seen bits and pieces of the latest X-Men movies. Was the actress who played Storm really bad??

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2020 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!