Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Moore uses "Limp Hand" to describe Pete Buttigieg

Moore now says his actions are being taken OUT of context

Do you believe him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2020 12:43 PM

It looks like he meant to do the limp wrist and then caught himself a second too late. Wouldn't surprise me, Moore has been a skunk for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2020 2:34 PM

His remark about Pete Buttigieg is ironic considering that Michael Moore looks like an AGING LESBIAN.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2020 2:34 PM

Just what the doctor ordered: more infighting among Democrats/Liberals/Progressives. Always a sure path to victory.

Also, another perfect example of the ultra-PC crowd being offended at the slightest provocation.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2020 2:35 PM

He's a fat clown but I didn't see that gesture as a limp wrist gesture.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2020 2:35 PM

I truly am amazed at the level of hate against Pete. Is it because he's gay? Is it because he's a centrist?

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2020 2:40 PM

I'm sick of the scorched earth tactics between the Sanders and now the Biden campaigns. If it comes down to the two of them, watch the whole fucking race implode because both sides have supporters who are sanctimonious assholes unwilling to give an inch. People who will burn the whole house down to get their less than stellar candidate in the White House, even if it means crippling the democratic party as a whole. It's going to make 2016 look like an office potluck party.

It's a shame, because both should have sat this race out and let the younger candidates have a go at it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2020 2:44 PM

One W&W wasn’t enough, R6.

GREAT post.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2020 2:52 PM

This fat ugly slob is worth millions but yet insists on dressing like a homeless trucker to pretend he's truly working man mike. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Can somebody tell me what Moore's diet is?

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Have you seen the film "Supersize Me" [R9]?

That, minus the irony.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2020 3:01 PM

Moore's time has come and gone. R8 nailed his created image perfectly and it's worn thin.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2020 3:04 PM

Sometimes Moore is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2020 3:08 PM

I'm a yellow dog democrat, but I despise Michael Moore. He is a massive (no pun intended) con artist.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2020 3:08 PM

If memory serve me correctly doesn't Moore hold his hands like that on occasion anyway?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2020 3:10 PM

Typical Bernie supporter.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2020 3:10 PM

Yes, R6. Completely.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2020 3:44 PM

R6 said all that needs to be said.

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2020 4:31 PM

Michael Moore is a fat slob who would throw himself, naked, in front of Nader and Bernie to get their approval. He needs to stfu.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2020 4:38 PM

Most people despise Michael “Looks Trans” Moore these days and know he’s full of shit, so nobody cares what this fat piece of shit says. These retard Bernie Bottoms don’t seem to understand the more they bash Pete, the more they’re helping him.

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2020 4:43 PM

Totally agree, R6.

The reason Biden and Bernie are not doing well isn’t Pete or anybody else’s fault. The reason is they’re too old and past it. Pete has no control over that. Many people don’t want to vote for an obviously aging and failing old man for the most stressful job on earth. Including some of the people that would have gladly voted for them when they were younger.

These two guys are so egotistical they insisted on running, even though they weren’t the best and brightest at their age. They discouraged younger qualified people from running because they didn’t want to compete with their established names and money. There were good people twenty years younger that could have done better but they felt locked out. So they didn’t waste their time. Now we have two old men that can’t deliver.

Pete wouldn’t have a chance in hell if somebody who was an established politician in their forties or fifties felt they could run and win. He’s there because of Bernie and Biden, not in spite of them. He’s young and had nothing to lose. Established politicians in their fifties had too much to lose, with little chance of gaining against these two old warhorses that cockblocked candidates at both ends of the political spectrum. Nobody viable could get past them.

Where would be without Bernie and Biden? The cream of the crop wouldn’t have backed away. They’re spoilers and they’re helping Trump keep away anyone that could really beat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2020 4:50 PM

I believe him. Unfortunate. Unaware. Not an attack. BTW, everyone mentioning Moore’s weight might want to check in on their hypocrisy. To weigh (I know) in on a stereotype while judging someone stereotyping? Uncool. When you do things like that you give the people to whom you’re speaking permission to ignore what you’re saying. If we want to get Trump out we’ve got to do and be better.

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2020 4:56 PM

R21 I'm not defending anyone mentioned Moore's weight, but his slovenliness is more to the point. He either is trying to look like white trash OR he doesn't care how presents himself. Either way, he's difficult to look at regardless of his weight. He looks stinky.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2020 4:59 PM

he should have made a rat face instead.

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2020 5:02 PM

Michael Moore is yet another washed up irrelevant old white guy. Old white guys please step aside, permanently.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2020 5:05 PM

When has a straight leftist man ever NOT been a homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2020 5:07 PM

Moore is just as innocent of homophobic behavior as Donald Trump is innocent of making fun of the disabled.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2020 5:11 PM

I warched.... didn’t necessarily see his hand movements, but it was his tone... not a mocking tone, maybe somewhat dismissive, derogatory. It seemed like his tone changed when he starts talking about Pete

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2020 5:12 PM

I warched.... didn’t necessarily see his hand movements, but it was his tone... not a mocking tone, maybe somewhat dismissive, derogatory. It seemed like his tone changed when he starts talking about Pete

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2020 5:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2020 5:12 PM

It's because he's winning, R5, and they don't know how to stop him.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2020 5:12 PM

It's because so many people are noticing Pete for all the right reasons, and he's gonna give the old establishment buzzards a run for their money.

Pete's gaining ground every day, and they just can't stand that.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2020 5:13 PM

I wouldn't believe anything that sack of shit fat fuck said unless he said he was always first in line at the local Golden Corral.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2020 5:15 PM

Oh look, elitist white people are attacking Michael Moore. That’ll play great in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Yes, R33, as we all know, where Michael Moore goes, so goes the Midwest. lol...delusional.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2020 5:21 PM

R33, Michael Moore and Bernie are elitist white people. They've been in the national spotlight for decades and are filthy rich.

Pete's the small town boy who was never heard of until 8 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2020 5:21 PM

Pete is the most elitist bitch out of that aforementioned list

The lack of self awareness from you delusional, old queens.

I just have to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2020 5:25 PM

Yeah...that said...

Michael Moore very accurately predicted that Hillary was in trouble in Michigan and the rust belt. He was the first one, almost the only one, and it was dead on. I didn’t want to believe him.

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2020 5:26 PM

I sure wish all of these Democratic candidates would show us how good they are at taking down Trump instead of each other. Democratic voters want Trump out more than anything else, so go after Trump not each other. Right now the only person I really see doing that is Bloomberg, I really hadn't taken him seriously but now I am looking at him differently. If he is the only one willing to go after Trump, maybe he is the one.

You want to win voters over to your side, show us what you can do against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote] Michael Moore very accurately predicted that Hillary was in trouble in Michigan and the rust belt. He was the first one, almost the only one, and it was dead on.

A broken clock is also correct twice a day, but I sure wouldn't rely on it to tell what time it is.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2020 5:35 PM

R22, R21 here. Totally agree that slovenly is more fair. Still I’d prefer the thinking challenged rather than appearance. Appreciated your response tho. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2020 5:36 PM

R38, Bloomberg hasn't even started competing yet. He's just hiding behind his tv ads and his money.

Btw, in case you haven t noticed , Pete has shown incredible restraint. I haven't once seen him lash out at any democratic competitor. The hatred is entirely one sided.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2020 5:40 PM

Yup, R41. Which is why it drives them insane. They're waiting for him to hit back.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2020 5:45 PM

They hate Pete because he might beat Bernie R5 and because he's a reminder that they will not have accomplished anything by the time they are his age.

It's similar to why Deps love Trump--he tells them it's okay to be losers

As for Moore, he 100% meant to do it

Most fascinating piece: almost 1500 people felt the need to leave a comment no one else will read on Mediaite

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2020 5:46 PM

This is very disappointing...

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2020 5:48 PM

Isn't Michael Moore gay? I just thought he didn't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2020 5:49 PM

Wasn't he involved with The Great Global Warming Swindle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2020 5:53 PM

R45 I don't mean to be cruel but I must: Who would fuck or be fucked by that smelly mound?

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2020 5:55 PM

Has he always been a fat slob?

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2020 5:56 PM

Friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2020 5:57 PM

R49 OMG! At least MM is clean shaven. (Trying to find something positive to say.)

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2020 5:58 PM

R49 Well that answers my question.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2020 5:59 PM

I think Pete is up to the job - I realize many don’t- and I will support the eventual nominee, but it’s looking to me like Bloomberg might be the only one really able to take trump on. I think a Bloomberg/Stacey Abrams ticket would truly kick ass...

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2020 6:00 PM

If Stacy Abrams thinks she deserves to be President she needs to run and be vetted. I heard she had tax issues, if I’m not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2020 6:01 PM

Nobody cares what this fat turd says.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Bloomberg? Where was he in Iowa?

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2020 6:04 PM

Shaved

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2020 6:04 PM

I get Michael Moore and fat Roseanne Barr mixed up!

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2020 6:05 PM

OK I'm ignorant. Who is Stacy Abrams? And if she wants to be a part of this, why isn't she on the debate stage?

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]Also, another perfect example of the ultra-PC crowd being offended at the slightest provocation.

I agree with you and It's ironic that you say this because I don't doubt that if the offense were against some other group, a lot of the myopic gays on here would be saying this about them. They're such hypocrites. You know if the target were anyone else, some of the gays on here would say "This is why Trump won! Everyone gets so offended! PC culture run amok!"

I hope some of you asshole currently offended remember this when someone does something they find offensive. Don't open your fucking mouths about it if this offended you.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2020 6:05 PM

assholeS*

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Moore is trash.

The fact that he believes Sanders is electable, demonstrates that he is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2020 6:07 PM

More friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2020 6:07 PM

R58, ran for GA governor. Lost to an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2020 6:07 PM

Young Michael

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2020 6:08 PM

R49 R56 Dream 3 way. Imagine the sounds and the smells.

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2020 6:09 PM

I'm just waiting for someone to call Pete the f-word. You know they all want to, but someone is going let it "accidentally" slip.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2020 6:10 PM

That's not Michael Moore at R62, that's Jerad's bubbe!

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Isn't Moore a straight autogynephile like Caitlyn Jenner?

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2020 6:11 PM

I just meant one could start as fire with Pete!

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2020 6:12 PM

Bloomberg has yet to step out from his commercials. How the fuck do you bloomberg fans know he can take Trump on

Nobody is going to vote for Bloomberg just because he is a "real billionaire" btw. Democrats are not the goddamn stupid.

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote]I'm just waiting for someone to call Pete the f-word. You know they all want to, but someone is going let it "accidentally" slip.

And I'm sure he'll handle it just fine as the Obamas' did when the first lady is portrayed as an ape and the former president with a bone through his nose or the myriad of other degrading, prejudicial comments/images that came their way.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2020 6:14 PM

R64 Yipes he looks like Meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2020 6:14 PM

Not the singer. An actual loaf of meat.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2020 6:16 PM

But you mean real meatloaf R72, the type on a plate.

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2020 6:17 PM

R58, a few months ago Stacy Abrams did an interview saying she knew she could be VP, all she had to do is agree to it. That was so arrogant, it really turned me off on her. Obvious tokenism.

If the nominee needs a black person in the ticket, get someone who can win elections. She didn’t win hers. And anybody giving interviews claiming all she has to do is graciously agree to be VP and it would be handed to her on a platter, based on her blackness alone, is likely to be nasty and spiteful if she isn’t made an offer by the nominee.

I can imagine what happens if Pete is the nominee and he wants somebody more experienced than her, which he really needs. If he got Kamala or some older person as VP, that would make a lot more sense. An inexperienced unknown can’t help as much as someone with a national profile.

If she really thinks she’s qualified to be President, get out there and run. Let’s see people attack her and tear her down month after month, tell lies about her, investigate her background with a fine tooth comb and interview every mean girl from her high school days. If she can get past all that, which every other candidate has to do, then go for it.

Don’t think you’re going to be appointed VP with a seventy eight year old man and be dumped on us as President with no vetting and no record and an entitled attitude. We’ve had enough of that with Trump.

Biden is SEVENTY EIGHT! Remember that when he’s looking for a VP. Why would he take somebody who refuses to put themselves out there and be vetted in a Presidential election? That person would run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2020 6:21 PM

Pete should pick Booker or better yet Castro.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2020 6:22 PM

R74 The fat, sweaty, singer meatloaf, stuff on the plate is good for him.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2020 6:23 PM

Interesting how the VP role has become so much more important of late.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2020 6:25 PM

R76 Or Yang. He's very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2020 6:25 PM

Stacey Abrams is a hard no. I’ll stay home if she’s on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2020 6:27 PM

He famously described the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Biden needs to pick somebody that can win in 2024. Castro can’t win in 2024, I don’t think Booker could either.

The biggest mistake Obama made was pick a guy who was a good VP for him, but too old to be a good candidate after him. And Biden has lost a couple of Presidential elections before Obama.

The one qualification for VP is you can be President. That should include that you can run for President and win.

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2020 6:29 PM

If Biden is the nominee, Amy Klobuchar should be his running mate.

But Biden is not going to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2020 6:32 PM

Why is Michael Moore on every show being treated like he's some sort of spokesman for the Democratic party? He's a Bernie shill. Period. He has never spoken for me or represented me, he is not someone I look to for insight. He doesn't do anything but run down our candidates and cause division. Is there is no one else on earth Chris Hayes or Bill Maher can book?

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2020 6:34 PM

We must put pressure on Sanders to disavow Moore's comments. But how? An online petition? Flood GLAAD with calls? Any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2020 6:38 PM

Biden said he would consider John Nance Garner for his VP, dagnabbit!

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2020 6:41 PM

You people are upset that a left wing ALLY of Democrats made the limp wrist gesture? Do you have any fucking idea what the blue collar, working class, man's man demographic of the Rust Belt states will do to Mayor Pete if he's the nominee??? Do you not remember junior high???? We can be *OUTRAGED!* if you want, but we're not winning without the rust belt. Even though we are all just so superior to that trash. /sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2020 6:43 PM

R87 STOP calling the Midwest 'the rust belt' if you want their vote. They are the 'industrial midwest', the Great Lakes region, or just plain Midwest. Rust belt is a terrible insult.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2020 6:46 PM

"Rust is a lovely color."

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2020 6:49 PM

Just nominate Amy and avoid all of this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2020 6:51 PM

The 'industrial midwest' is called the rust belt because its industry has rusted away. Rust belt is more a term of regret than an insult.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2020 6:51 PM

[quote]Biden said he would consider John Nance Garner for his VP, dagnabbit!

He won’t get a chance to consider anything if the Iowa results were anything to go by.

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2020 6:53 PM

What R92 said.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2020 6:56 PM

R91 I understand what you're saying. And I'm not defending the fact that almost all industry has moved from the area (overseas mostly) so the term 'rust belt' makes sense. But it's also used as a pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2020 7:03 PM

The Rust Belters have been insulted enough: flyover country; deplorables etc.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2020 7:05 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about 'flyover country'!

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2020 7:09 PM

DLers talk about Stacey Abrams because she's the one young-ish black female politician they are aware of

And her name likely sticks because she's a large black woman from Georgia with the same name as several dozen quasi-anorexic Jewish women from Scarsdale.

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2020 7:09 PM

Pete and Hakeem Jeffries.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2020 7:10 PM

R95, NYer here. Couldn’t agree more. It’s liking giving a huge part of the country permission to vote via anger. So foolish. Time to stop this us vs them approach. NO ONE WINS.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2020 7:10 PM

PS - I think Amy K would be a great running mate for most of the front runners. Especially Pete.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2020 7:13 PM

Moore has been an asshole now in two different centuries.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2020 7:16 PM

I'm sure a very large portion of the Moore haters on this thread are right-wing Trumpster trolls.

To the liberals/progressives bashing Moore: STFU, and save your self-righteous indignation for the general election in November, when Trump and the Repukes will be more than formidable opponents. Stop with all the intramural bullshit hate talk and refocus it towards the Republicans.

Even If only small portion of the hatred directed toward Moore can be redirected towards Trump, we may have a shot at getting his bloated, fat orange ass out of office.

Why do Democrats get such immense enjoyment out of eating their own?

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2020 7:18 PM

Michael Moore is the same douche who when he was actually popular, he slammed Kerry and refused to campaign for him.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2020 7:21 PM

No, R97, Biden supposedly offered her the VP slot at one time. Which is concerning because she’s not vetted. It’s like elderly, unhealthy McCain offering the VP to Palin, then it came out afterwards she was batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2020 7:21 PM

We just don't care for that sort of person....

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2020 7:22 PM

OP and whoever wrote this headline have active imaginations, as do many of you who posted on this thread. More Russian propaganda designed to get Democrats to fight with each other over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2020 7:27 PM

Buttigieg/Abrams?

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2020 7:33 PM

Fat Ass is worth an estimated $50 million and sold his house in Michigan for $5.2 million. But he wears a ball cap and a sweatshirt so he's just like one of the guys on the assembly-line!

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2020 7:36 PM

Fat Ass is worth an estimated $50 million and sold his house in Michigan for $5.2 million. But he wears a ball cap and a sweatshirt so he's just like one of the guys on the assembly-line!

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2020 7:36 PM

He's a homophobe? I'm SHOCKED!

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2020 7:40 PM

Oh fuck off, R108/R109. You're so fucking tedious and tiresome. Who gives a flying fuck what Michael Moore wears and how much money he has. Do you want everyone who speaks for the Democrats, Liberals and Progressives to be flat ass broke before they're eligible to be their spokesperson? If you do, you're a much dumber asshole than you let on.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2020 7:41 PM

R6 Nah, Biden's fans are not nearly as bad as the Bern victims.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2020 7:42 PM

That didn’t look like a gay dis to me, more like manufactured outrage for the sake of division...

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2020 7:49 PM

R21/R40, Moore's appearance is a decidedly calculated look--the baseball cap, the straight guy, middle-class wardrobe. It's an affectation. It isn't slovenly, btw, which means messy and dirty. Apart from that, he has a lecturing, bantering attitude, a know-it-all quality, that does him no favors. While fat shaming is unkind and can be hypocritical, he has worn this calculated look forever. I don't see how people feel about Moore will matter when it comes to defeating Trump. If you're a Moore fan, you are; if not, not.

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2020 7:58 PM

Moore is just about the last person I want to see in this election cycle. He's divisive in an already incredibly divisive environment (and I mean among Democrats, not even the bigger picture of national divisiveness), as well as self-interested, and will only cause more damage and chaos, because he's not interested in unity, he's interested in provocation. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2020 8:06 PM

r111 Oh, oh, you got me. I really care what you think! It keeps me awake at night. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Did any of you dipshits watch through to the end of the clip where Moore asks everyone to take a moment to celebrate the fact that an out gay man just won a presidential primary? He was not mocking Pete's gayness with his hand gestures.

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2020 8:12 PM

And this was Moore's essay from summer 2016 on 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win, all of which proved dead accurate. Many things about Moore annoy me, but his political prognostication is worth paying attention to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote] supposedly offered her the VP slot at one time.

The first word there is key

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2020 8:26 PM

[Quote] He’s young and had nothing to lose. Established politicians in their fifties had too much to lose, with little chance of gaining against these two old warhorses that cockblocked candidates at both ends of the political spectrum

Brilliant R20.

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2020 8:29 PM

Cockblockers is a good word for those two, r20. The best thing that could happen is both of them perhaps not actually dropping dead, but having serious enough health crises to force them out of this race.

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2020 8:46 PM

Stacey Abrams has met with pretty much every Presidential campaigner. She met with Biden very early on, I think even before he formally announced his run. She eventually met with all of them, except Buttigieg, whom she talked with on the phone. Her interest is voter suppression, so she probably talked about that with most of them. But they weren’t talking to her for the hell of it.

Biden has made a lot of comments about picking a woman and picking a woman of color in the past. So much so that if he doesn’t, he’s going to make a lot people angry. At one time, they put out feelers about Biden announcing with the VP already on the ticket, because of his age. That didn’t fly well. They also put out the idea of him running for one term only, which people didn’t like either. He had to walk it back somewhat. Now he says, we’ll see how it goes.

Here’s an article that mentions the alleged meeting with Biden to discuss her running along side him as a running mate in the primary. It’s known she did meet with Biden, she says so herself. She claims she turned him down, but, listen to the qualifiers:

“Abrams disputed rumors around her lunch with former Vice President Joe Biden during the last question of the night at the University of Iowa event, including theories that he made her an “offer she couldn’t refuse” relating to the vice presidency.

“But when I got the question [from reporters] I was, myself, contemplating my next steps,” she said. “And what I said was, you do not run in a primary for second place, so no, for whatever rumors are out there. However, I’m not in the primary, but you can run as second in the general election, and I am happy to do so with the nominee. That is my answer.”

She’s since given several interviews saying she would consider running as VP with ANY candidate, after “turning down“ the idea of running with Biden very early on. Sounds like she was really saying, I won’t run as your VP before you win the nomination. That’s not a hard no, nor is she saying it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] Michael Moore very accurately predicted that Hillary was in trouble in Michigan and the rust belt. He was the first one, almost the only one, and it was dead on.

[quote] A broken clock is also correct twice a day, but I sure wouldn't rely on it to tell what time it is.

Read his prediction piece where he explains why Trump will win in 2016. He accurately predicted every reason Hillary would lose and articulated his points very well. It wasn't just some half baked prediction, he was in tune with the feelings of many American voters.

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2020 8:53 PM

Michael Moore is disgusting, a fat sneering carbuncle.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2020 8:54 PM

I honestly don’t care. I hate the constant microscopic analysis of every presidential candidate

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2020 8:56 PM

Picking a black woman as a VP candidate is an excellent idea but Abrams lost her last big election and has only held a minor political role previously

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2020 8:57 PM

Moore didn't see Pete coming. He resents that as they both speak for the heartland.

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote]Stacey Abrams has met with pretty much every Presidential campaigner.

She should also schedule a meeting with Jenny Craig. And she can take Michael Moore with her.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]Pete is the most elitist bitch out of that aforementioned list

Well, look at the deplorable right here on Datalounge, branding someone an elitist because (gasp) he has an education.

College bad!

Harvard worse!

Rhodes scholar? How ELITIST!

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote]he explains why Trump will win in 2016.

Trump won because in three states with massive Democratic-voter disenfranchisement he magically and inexplicably received a surgical 77,000 more votes than Hillary out of 14,000,000 cast.

I doubt that's in his little essay.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2020 10:33 PM

Not surprised.

You don’t have to scratch the surface too hard find out that many people’s liberal credentials aren’t worth a two penny fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] I doubt that's in his little essay.

Maybe you should read it and find out. After that, you can watch the clip the OP posted and discover that Moore was actually delighted to see a gay man win a primary. You won't, though, because like a zillion other DLers, you're a proudly low-information voter, if you vote at all. You'd rather believe and get all outraged over the spin some random DL shit-stirrer puts on a news story than go ton the source and find out for your stupid, ignorant self what was actually said or done.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2020 3:07 AM

Michael Moore is a loudmouthed pig who doesn't pay his debts

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2020 3:13 AM

Michael Moore said Obama would lose in 2012. Moore knows nothing about the rust belt. He’s what they hate. They see him as a “libtard”.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2020 3:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2020 3:30 AM

r130 Thank you for interjecting some facts back into the discussion. It was dismaying to me to see all the "think pieces" from the right, left and center after the 2016 election attempting to craft a "white working class betrayal" narrative even though all the studies of the exit polls show nothing of the kind - there is no universal "white working class male" as geography, gender and race are more salient factors AND attitudinal predispositions of resentment towards racial minorities and immigrants was the best overall predictor of Trump support that cut across all other demographics. But the Nadderites and Berners (remember the same clowns that double downed on Ralphie as the messiah - Saranden, Moore, Klein, etc. and the loudest Bernie stans) are ideologically wed to some magical version of economic determinism to explain every political and social result based on Marxs silly 19th century anthropological musings about proletariat being the only true universal class. Sanctimony makes for bad politics...

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2020 3:51 AM

r136 The stabbed in the back myth was bad enough the first time around in the original german - "Dolchstoßlegende"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2020 3:54 AM

r136 The stabbed in the back myth was bad enough the first time around in the original german - "Dolchstoßlegende"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2020 3:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2020 3:56 AM

Oops - Muriel is quite dyspeptic tonight...

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2020 3:58 AM

Moore is such a fool to think that Sanders has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 141February 10, 2020 4:01 AM

Moore is just as nuts as his BFF Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 142February 10, 2020 5:44 AM

I would have to see the moment Buttigieg was mimicking a hand puppet from the debate.

Does anyone have the clip?

by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2020 5:52 AM

Why has Michael Moore cheated so many crews and workers if he's all about progressive politics and the little guy?

by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2020 10:38 AM

Straight liberals hate gay men. When will gay men wake up?

by Anonymousreply 145February 10, 2020 10:45 AM

R145, all of them? They all hate us? That’s a huge overstatement.

When are we, as a community, going to stop using broad generalizations? What purpose do they serve? Unless the goal is to sound like a hyperbolic drama queens, little is accomplished. To get better we have to do better.

by Anonymousreply 146February 10, 2020 12:02 PM

Chris Hayes also sucks - laughing like a smug idiot at this borderline homophobic dog whistle.

by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2020 12:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!