Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HOTEL 1983-1989

Do you remember it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2020 5:08 AM

It was called "The Love Boat" on land. But that's quite a guest cast. Wonder if it was a special two-hour episode. The older women's 80s hairstyles make them all look so drab except, of course, Dina Merrill.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2020 12:24 PM

Of course! The show was pretty much a piece of shit, but I'd tune into see hottie Michael Spound in his cute little bellboy outfit.

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2020 12:27 PM

Shea Farrell certainly looks different these days. Kind of a hot DILF, though:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2020 12:29 PM

Funny, I Googled Farrell too... he was beautiful then. He's now behind the camera... assistant director and unit manager... I wonder if a lot of actor B level actors migrated back there to keep working and have an income?

Hotel was dull. All Aaron ensembles were unless it was Dynasty or something. But, yeah, Love Boat on land. Total formula.

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2020 2:10 PM

Back when Babs' husband James was really hot

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2020 2:14 PM

What a weird cheesy intro, frankly don’t remember that at all.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2020 2:30 PM

Connie Selleca was major cunt.

After her divorce from Gil Gerard, she was on a talk show (Arsenio, I think) and was asked why she divorced Gerard. She responded flatly, "Because he got fat".

I'm surprised she isn't a DL icon for that remark alone.

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2020 4:10 AM

I loved this show. James was hot. He and Connie had great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2020 4:14 AM

Soapnet reran this but I never watched.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2020 4:15 AM

Why aren't shows like this streaming?

by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2020 4:18 AM

Didn't Ann Baxter drop dead on the street:

by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote]Didn't Ann Baxter drop dead on the street.

I wasn't there. I didn't push her.

by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2020 4:28 AM

LOL about Connie being a bitch . My very Christian cousin worked as a PA for her and John Tesh years ago. John was nice but Connie was a “c word” according to him. I didn’t even think he knew that word existed. Anyway surprised Hotel was on for that long. It looked like a snoozefest next to Dallas, Dynasty and Knots Landings.

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2020 4:33 AM

LOL about Connie being a bitch . My very Christian cousin worked as a PA for her and John Tesh years ago. John was nice but Connie was a “c word” according to him. I didn’t even think he knew that word existed. Anyway surprised Hotel was on for that long. It looked like a snoozefest next to Dallas, Dynasty and Knots Landings.

by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2020 4:33 AM

Wasn't it supposed to star Bette? I think she did the pilot and then got ill, so Anne Baxter replaced her. Yet another weird way they were linked.

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2020 4:41 AM

Yes - here are pilot credits, with Bette.

Some guest stars they had-- Erin Moran and Pernell Roberts. Mel Torme and Bill Macy, too. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2020 4:44 AM

Yes, they sold the series on Bette Davis starring as owner of the hotel—Bette being relevant to pop culture again because "Bette Davis Eyes" was the #1 song of 1981—but she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a series of strokes after filming the pilot. They very intentionally replaced her with Anne Baxter for the camp value/publicity.

by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2020 4:46 AM

They very intentionally replaced her with Anne Baxter for the camp value/publicity.

If only Joan Crawford had still been alive.

by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2020 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!