Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway Experiences

People who have had personal experiences or run-ins with Faye, please dish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 15, 2020 4:40 AM

I was once attacked by killer bees, and Faye Dunaway happened by in her beekeeper drag and saved my life.

by Anonymousreply 1January 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Back in '97 in West Hollywood, saw her standing outside her "compound" of two houses on a tiny lot, yelling at the construction crew.

Many years later, you could rent the second home for $3000 a month to live with an award-winning film star.

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2020 12:50 AM

That definitely calls for a "Roomie Dearest" memoir.

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2020 12:56 AM

Friend who worked at a hotel told me they banned her for being abusive. The final straw was she ordered a Caesar Salad with absolutely no croutons. It was 90s and the pre keto Atkins rage. Waiter brought the salad. She picked up a giant crouton and hissed “I said no fucking croutons you idiot” and flicked it in his face. In her defense, who hasn’t wanted to murder an LA waiter for their terrible service.

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2020 1:06 AM

You forgot to sign your post "a little gay boy", OP.

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2020 1:10 AM

DON'T FUCK WITH MY SALADS!

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote]She picked up a giant crouton and hissed “I said no fucking croutons you idiot” and flicked it in his face.

She should've tossed it angrily on the floor and ground it into the carpet with her Ferragamo, staring down the waiter while ordering him "to have housekeeping come clean up that mess!"

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2020 4:27 AM

I'M NOT MAD AT THE CROUTON!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2020 4:40 AM

I want to hear from that guy who had to rearrange her hotel furniture in the middle of the night because it was impacting the feel of the room.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2020 4:44 AM

[R8], I have tears from laughter. Sometimes something is beyond funny. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2020 10:04 AM

My favorite story is the one where she’d pull up to the WeHo video store, lay on the horn and chunk the tapes out the window for the clerk to come out to pick them up.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2020 10:14 AM

The one about her forcing a cashier to walk around the store with her holding clothes she wanted to try on was hilarious, not to mention her forcing the clerk to run into traffic to retrieve the bra she left on the clothing room floor.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2020 9:15 PM

So where is the crew of Tea at Five that described her as 'hostile and dangerous'?

None of those little homosexual boys/girls go on social media?

I' ve yet to hear a peep out of any of them.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2020 10:35 PM

Years ago someone here relayed a story about seeing Faye Dunaway in an alley out behind her Hollywood home kicking and screaming at a broken down refrigerator set out for the trash

Poor refrigerator :(

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2020 10:41 PM

There's a lawsuit in progress, so we'll probably have to wait to hear the "Tea at Five" dish...

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2020 10:45 PM

I saw her making out with a chimp. She got all nervous and shit and was like "I..I, uh.....this is for a movie, Dunstin Checks In". Dunstin Checks In was like 10 years before this. Fast forward to today, and Faye looks like a chimp herself.

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2020 10:46 PM

The lawsuit is from one homosexual boy.

Any others who worked there are not bound by it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2020 10:51 PM

Faye yelling at the help would make for a wildly entertaining reality show. Then again, that would require some ability to laugh at oneself. I somehow don't see her having a self-reflective quality...

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2020 10:53 PM

Not me personally but I once worked for a Hollywood A-lister who was legendary for his kindness and good character, and I asked him which of his CO-stars were his favorite, and if there was any he truly didn't like working with. Guess who was the least appreciated of his long list of luminaries ? There were no details though. He just said Faye was an unpleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2020 10:58 PM

I’d low-key love to watch one of melt Downs live.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2020 11:08 PM

Many stories of Faye being Dunaway with the airlines!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2020 11:12 PM

I've witnessed it personally. I was in Whole Foods in Hollywood standing in line to pay. And I all of sudden I hear someone ranting and yelling at a checker. I suddenly recognize the voice by the crescendos (That "NO. WIRE. HANGERRRRRRRRRRS. style of acting she has.) Apparently, her credit card was denied and she had a basket full of food and the poor checker had to follow protocol. She's screaming stuff like "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M FAYE DUNAWAY, GOD DAMNIT! THIS IS HOLLYWOOD! EVERYONE KNOWS FAYE DUNAWAY! The manager let her have her food free of charge just to get rid of her, and she stormed out. Since that place is so crowded all the time, there were like 100 witness to that and people started clapping for her performance as she left! She screamed "DAMN RIGHT!" to the clapping crowd as she left. I think she thought we were on her side. My checker told me that she came in all the time and would throw a big fit about something or other. He also told me that her card had been denied before!

I saw her a second time in there and she was super annoyed that there were no plastic forks in the fork cup. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT MY SALAD!"

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2020 11:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2020 11:43 PM

Why can't y'all leave Faye alone. 🙄😣😥😮🤩😍😎🤣🥗🥐🥨🌯🌮🥟

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2020 11:45 PM

I have seen her in West Hollywood over the years......she used to go to Virgin Megastore at Sunset/Crescent Heights and would go up to the video floor......god help anyone who recognized her and approached her...she was a buzz saw. I remember walking out of the Arclight Theater in Hollywood one time and she was sitting on the concrete wall/bench to the left of the entrance and I made eye contact with her and felt like I was going to be turned to stone....she really is one of the worst.......right up there with Miss Ross.

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2020 11:52 PM

Years ago a friend of my was her assistant and it was a complete nightmare of course. Luckily my friend was very easy going. They were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and Faye stars yelling," CAN'T YOU DRIVE ANY FASTER!" My friend responded, "What would you like me to do?" And she goes, "JUST USE THE GOD DAMN SHOULDER, MY OTHER DRIVER USES THE SHOULDER!" So rather than be subjected to any more of her abuse, my friend pulled into the shoulder on the freeway and passed all the cars and prayed that there weren't any cops.

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2020 12:19 AM

Why does she look simian these days? I cannot put my finger on it.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2020 12:33 AM

Years ago Faye starred in a TV movie called "The Disappearance Of Aimee (McPherson)" about a female preacher of yesteryear. Bette Davis costarred as her mother and said she was unprofessional and terrible to work with.

It appears to be true because a woman who worked on the set stated that Faye would come to work late, and all drugged up and hungover. She said that they had to place cue cards right in front of her in order to get her to say her lines. Finally, the director got so mad that he threw a bottle of Coca Cola in her direction and the contents splattered on her white gown. Faye was enraged and stormed off the set. I guess she couldn't take a dose of her own medicine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2020 12:36 AM

This lady played "Carol Ann". Great stories and fun dirt. The Q&A is broken up into a few videos but I think this is part 1. Rutunya Alda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2020 12:43 AM

R21

"Dunaway allegedly became so angry that she refused to eat, and when the actress fell asleep the crew took their revenge by placing wire hangers next to her."

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2020 12:55 AM

Faye Dunaway Experiences is a good name for a band.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2020 1:00 AM

Please tell us how long ago these stories took place.

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2020 1:47 AM

[quote] Why does she look simian these days? I cannot put my finger on it.

Her teeth.

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2020 2:57 AM

R32 The freeway episode was late 90s. The Whole foods meltdown was between 2002 and 2006 when I lived in West Hollywood (adjacent). (shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, Everyone thought I lived within the WeHo perimeter)

by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2020 3:04 AM

I call Bullshit on R22. Like Jeff Bezos would let anyone get something for free at Whole Foods. PUHLEEZ, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2020 5:00 AM

R33 and her nostrils!

Did her nose collapse from too many drugs? She certainly is one actress who never needed a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2020 5:15 AM

Put her and Raquel Welch in a room together. It won't be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2020 5:25 AM

Oh gosh. I have stories. I know her son. Apparently, she was on a tirade that made her maid quit. Faye was not happy. I think they lived on Clark in WeHo (might be getting that wrong). The maid was just over it. But Faye was running down the street trying to get her back. She's a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2020 5:29 AM

I remember the maid story being posted on here, apparently Faye was chasing the maid to get her back and the maid screamed back something like "this is why no one likes you" or similar.

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2020 5:49 AM

R37 they already have been! Along with another total whacko!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2020 5:55 AM

I've so many on here over the years: her bringing weighing scales to restaurants; fish of the day; Blockbuster video; ignoring time limits at the gym; get angry over being given a disabled hotel room; being banned from an airline after trying to get herself upgraded and doing yoga in aisle...

God, there are so many...

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2020 6:09 AM

R41 it’s funny the stories range from things many others are guilty of doing (the gym thing, trying to get an upgrade), to eccentric & ocd (the scale), to kind of funny and bad ass (I kind of love that West Coast video story) to absolutely bat shit insane and abusive (most of them). I think she would be forgiven for the first three types of stories if she didn’t have soooo many of the latter. So she’ll absolutely never get a break in the press (and probably deservedly so).

by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2020 6:18 AM

She must not have that much money if she’s interacting directly with so many service people & doing her own shopping at Whole Foods (plus “returning videos” at Blockbuster). Rich people have minions to make demands on behalf of the rich person. She sounds absolutely miserable.

by Anonymousreply 43January 30, 2020 6:33 AM

No, she doesn't have much money. That's been documented on DL over the years. I think she now lives with her son in his apartment and has for a few years since selling her (nice but modest) house (which was documented on DL too).

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2020 6:36 AM

Everyone was really concerned about her son. My friend who was her assistant told me that the Manny would not quit because he was so concerned about what would happen to her son being raised by her within the lunatic behavior. It was really quite lovely of that manny . I hope her son turned out okay,

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2020 6:43 AM

What’s her son like?

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2020 1:19 PM

Wonder what she did with all her earnings?!

by Anonymousreply 47January 30, 2020 1:19 PM

R47 does anyone know what her rate was at the height of her fame?

by Anonymousreply 48January 30, 2020 1:38 PM

Faye's son Liam O'Neill is an actor and filmmaker and quite a goodlooking guy. But I wonder how scarred his psyche must be having grown up with a crazy mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2020 1:44 PM

In the early 1980s, I lived in an old Hell's Kitchen apartment with OLD telephone wiring. The service was a mess and NY Telephone repeatedly sent out repairmen before it gave up and rewired the building.

But during that period, one of the repairmen was in my apartment repeatedly and he told me my wiring problem was simple compared to "that fucking bitch, Faye Dunaway." He told me that he had been sent several times to her CPW apartment to make repairs. "And she ain't got no simple one line like you got."

He told me she had three lines. "So she could make people wait while she screamed at her agent on the Coast." He said the phone itself was once broken. Other times, he got there and she had pulled the wires out of the wall and he had to dig into the wall to find the broken wires and make the repair, then get it all hooked up to her phone.

He was a good guy and he had great stories about Faye Dunaway's phone, if not directly about Faye, herself.

by Anonymousreply 50January 30, 2020 2:05 PM

R35 clearly that was before Amazon owned WF.

by Anonymousreply 51January 30, 2020 2:14 PM

She was involved in a suit with her landlord over her rent-controlled place, I remember.

by Anonymousreply 52January 30, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] Like Jeff Bezos would let anyone get something for free at Whole Foods.

He owned WF in the mid 00s?

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2020 2:40 PM

Her son is totally cool. Great guy. Haven't talked in a few years. But a really good guy.

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2020 3:16 PM

Internet says net worth 40 million. Classic cranky lesbian. Dated miss Burt Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2020 3:48 PM

My sister and I went to see MASTER CLASS on tour in the early 90's I think.

The audience was kept in the lobby until 8 p.m. - curtain time. No explanation. Then the doors were opened and we were all herded in.

No show.....nothing......the ushers would not answer questions..... Finally at 8:45 p.m. the show started.... Faye was great.....

After the show, I asked an usher what happened. He said that Miss Dunaway had fired her hairdresser at the previous stop and had forgotten all about it. She got the theatre that night and there was no one to do her hair. They had to call all over town to get someone in to tease her tresses.

The next day on the noon news, Miss Dunaway said that the delay was due to the technical people trying to focus the spotlights. There was no spotlights on during the 45 minutes we sat there.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2020 3:55 PM

How come she has so little money and how come no one would put up the money to make Masterclass? Surely it could be made with a small budget if Faye refused pay until (if) it made a profit?

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2020 4:15 PM

There was talk of M with Mike Nichols right before he died which put the kibosh on it.

M's the only actress it would really stand a chance with -- and, unlike Faye, it would be possible for it to be funded without too much hesitation over cost.

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2020 4:39 PM

I remember watching her on The Starlet, and at one point a contestant got a little lippy with her. I was a bit surprised by her sheepish reaction. Vivica Fox stepped in and set the contestant straight, but I always wondered if Faye ripped her to shreds when the cameras stopped rolling.

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote]Apparently, she was on a tirade that made her maid quit.

A "threw one too many vase of flowers" or a "WHEN YOU CLEAN THE FLOOR..." tirade?

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2020 4:41 PM

I'm already feeling sorry for her future co-residents at the Motion Picture Retirement Home.

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2020 4:46 PM

Faye and Raquel apparently got along very well together when they made Musketeers.

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2020 5:32 PM

She was not a big salary hitter even in her heyday. She made Chinatown for pocket money really. Movie stars generally live a grand life and most are heavily in debts or mortgages. She sold her house and everything during the Masterclass debacle, and that vulture Streep was waiting like a hyena to snatch the right when Faye had to let go, and then brag about FEMINISM and sisterhood. That woman is DISGUSTING. I am glad Nichols died on her.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2020 7:05 PM

[quote] Faye and Raquel apparently got along very well together when they made Musketeers.

True! Which is very surprising. I think Raquel is the only co-star of Faye's who she wasn't a total bitch too. I think they must've both realized early on that they couldn't keep up with each other in a bitchiness arms race and so bilaterally decided to behave.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote]She sold her house and everything during the Masterclass debacle, and that vulture Streep was waiting like a hyena to snatch the right when Faye had to let go, and then brag about FEMINISM and sisterhood. That woman is DISGUSTING. I am glad Nichols died on her.

Uh...

Faye, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2020 7:50 PM

I'd love to attend one of those Prince of Brunei's parties.

He had Datalounge's dream guest list!

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2020 7:51 PM

Is this one of the attractions at Gay Disneyland?

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2020 8:16 PM

That Rutanya dirt on Mommie Dearest makes me wonder if she gave Faye warning about her book. Was the film made before they started having confidentiality clauses imposed by stars?

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2020 8:49 PM

The Callas debacle!

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2020 9:43 PM

R68, films don’t get clauses.

by Anonymousreply 70January 31, 2020 1:12 AM

Is her son gay? He comes across as such a queen.

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2020 1:17 AM

He grew up in WeHo with a gay manny and no father around. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2020 1:47 AM

I don't know how much of "Master Class" Miss Dunaway actually filmed, but it doesn't seem like we'll ever see any of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 31, 2020 2:59 AM

I'd rather watch Faye in anything rather than Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 74January 31, 2020 3:05 AM

This thread is making Faye so angry, she's peeing in 74 teacups to toss in each of your faces!

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2020 3:49 AM

R75 She'd have to drink half of her liquor cabinet in order to be able to do that!

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2020 4:05 AM

Oh come on, we all know she’s so frigid she pisses in cubes!

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2020 4:20 AM

No, she pisses in your driveway and honks her horn until you come out and splash it on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2020 4:55 AM

Her son said he was screaming when they got a call from some pop girl. He’s a big fag.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2020 5:28 AM

Do you thin Liam looks like Terry O'Neill?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2020 7:11 AM

Liam and Faye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2020 7:13 AM

Adopted kids rarely look like their parents, Honey. Faye was never pregnant. Terry spilled the beans. Didn't you notice the missing pillow on the sofa during those nine months ?

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2020 7:20 AM

R82 that truly is a sign of how different things were then. You certainly (if you’re a big or even medium star) could never get away now w saying you were pregnant if you weren’t. And keep that secret for 23 years!

by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2020 7:34 AM

Secret for 23 years ?? Pffff, amateur... @R83

by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2020 7:39 AM

How pissed is she that this guy uses her name on Instagram?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 31, 2020 7:58 AM

Liam’s IG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 31, 2020 8:00 AM

[Quote] I know her son.

Does he support himself?

by Anonymousreply 87January 31, 2020 8:26 AM

I thought Faye wrote in her memoir Looking for Gatsby that came out in 1997 that she was Liam's biological mother. I think there was even a pic of her with a pregnant belly.

by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2020 8:26 AM

Her ex-husband says otherwise. That what she’s referring to when she mentions ‘putting out child in jeopardy the way he did’ in that infamous voicemail.

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2020 9:17 AM

R86 well at least he’s verified.

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2020 9:20 AM

I remember several years ago on Twitter when she was going to do a Q&A video. She asked for questions and just retweeted messages of gushing praise — including more than one post about how she was so much better than Streep and Fonda — then must’ve forgot about it.

by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2020 9:23 AM

R91 didn’t she say something like “Mommie Dearest wasn’t off limits??” I was like, yeah , this is gonna be great!!! Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2020 9:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2020 9:42 AM

Sure R88, Faye is the biological mother of Liam, Sinatra fathered Ronan despite his vasectomy, James Dean was desperately in love with Pier Angeli, Loretta Young adopted a little girl who just happened to be the doppelganger of Clark Gable, and Meryl Streep didn't know about Harvey. You must believe every single word printed or pronounced in every movie star autobio/interview .Why would an actor utter a word that wouldn't be the Truth ????

by Anonymousreply 94January 31, 2020 10:12 AM

Her memoir doesn't state that she's the biological mother, but it doesn't talk about adoption either. Her baby just kind of appears, like her marriage to O'Neill just kind of ends, without any real explanation. I think those topics, like cocaine and "Mommie Dearest", are ones Miss Dunaway prefers not to discuss... I don't recall a photo showing her baby bump, but wouldn't put it past her.

by Anonymousreply 95January 31, 2020 2:12 PM

Well, their divorce and relationship after was terse.

by Anonymousreply 96January 31, 2020 2:17 PM

It's OFF LIMITS. HOW DARE YOU ???? I'M.. I'M.. I'M A LADY. AND YOU, YOU WHY CAN'T YOU VINCENT RATE ON THE LOVELY POSITIVE STUFF ?????

by Anonymousreply 97January 31, 2020 4:05 PM

Why would O'Neill claim they adopted him?

by Anonymousreply 98January 31, 2020 4:24 PM

Why would Faye claim she was the biological mother?

by Anonymousreply 99January 31, 2020 4:32 PM

Because it would make her ALL WOMAN!

by Anonymousreply 100January 31, 2020 4:36 PM

There's no way she carried a baby. She's too vain. Plus, she lived in a world where she believed she had be available at any given moment to fly off to set if the president of Paramount called and offered her a STARRING ROLE IN A PICTURE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101January 31, 2020 4:47 PM

Didn't she have a very bad drug problem in the '70s? Bad as in Heroin bad.

by Anonymousreply 102January 31, 2020 4:49 PM

I remember reading on IMDb that she insists on being called Miss Dunaway. A makeup artist who'd worked with all sorts of big stars and called them by their first name called Faye by hers and she told her it was Miss Dunaway. Oddly, she said Faye was otherwise pleasant.

Her bitchiness is legend enough for her Wikipedia to mention it! That's something.

by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2020 4:51 PM

R19 So which was his favorite? I apologize for not scrolling through all the posts. Perhaps you answered this already. If not, dish.

by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2020 4:55 PM

I doubt she did Heroin. She seems like a Coke person. Bipolar people love speed, and it was popular in the 70's in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2020 4:59 PM

Is this coke bloat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 31, 2020 5:05 PM

She looked so unkempt when she won her Oscar! She was still stunning at that point though (and '70s TV cameras couldn't pick up her very stained teeth) so it didn't matter that she looked like she'd just rolled out of bed.

I love the mood of her iconic morning after photo. One of the world's greatest works of art.

by Anonymousreply 107January 31, 2020 5:23 PM

Why did she darken her hair?

by Anonymousreply 108January 31, 2020 5:28 PM

Did she recreate her iconic Post-Oscar photo with her hubby? That's kinda sad..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 31, 2020 5:32 PM

I recall she gained some weight around the time of The Champ but lost it for Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 110January 31, 2020 5:49 PM

Yeah you would think someone as vain as Faye was would’ve been dressed to the nines for the biggest moment of her career on Oscar night. That rats nest hair and black dress didn’t compliment her. She might’ve been superstitious about winning, and decided to dress down not to press her luck, even though she was the front runner.

by Anonymousreply 111January 31, 2020 6:21 PM

Has she sold her Oscar and Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 112January 31, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote]She might’ve been superstitious about winning, and decided to dress down not to press her luck, even though she was the front runner.

If only poor G had followed the same strategy, she'd have spared herself the Glamorous Golden Granny Loses (Again) humiliation LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 31, 2020 6:36 PM

Oh, God, I didn't realize that dress had a tail.

G, G, G...

by Anonymousreply 114January 31, 2020 6:49 PM

One crew nicknamed her Day Funaway.

by Anonymousreply 115January 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Glenn should have had another dress underneath for when she lost.

by Anonymousreply 116January 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Was it really Paul Newman who coined Dun Fadeaway?

by Anonymousreply 117January 31, 2020 6:51 PM

I love her name actually. Sounds like a delightfully made-up '30s one.

by Anonymousreply 118January 31, 2020 6:52 PM

Glenn should have had another dress ON TOP over that gold atrocity. If she had won she would have ripped of the cover as she pelted to the stage.

How come Faye only got a measly 3 nominations?

by Anonymousreply 119January 31, 2020 7:00 PM

R116 she did at the after parties. Glenn looked great in this, and it would’ve more fitting is she wore this outfit. Next time she’s nominated she will probably win, but will wear something demure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 31, 2020 7:00 PM

Would’ve been more fitting^^^

by Anonymousreply 121January 31, 2020 7:01 PM

I wish some rehearsal tapes from Sunset Boulevard would leak. Do you think she was let go because she couldn't sing the score or because she was throwing salads at the music director? I can just see her now. "I would have hit that note if you and you had PLAYED the right note!"

by Anonymousreply 122January 31, 2020 7:09 PM

R109: Yes, they returned to the Beverly Hills Hotel for that updated photo the day after the 1995 Oscars.

O'Neill said this photo of Brigitte Bardot was one of his faves: I always thought she looks a bit like Faye here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 31, 2020 7:13 PM

It was a CAPRICIOUS act by a CAPRICIOUS man who had a long history being CAPRICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 124January 31, 2020 7:20 PM

Why the hell did she want to recreate it?

Wouldn't it have been sublime if Miss Dunaway had got "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" in 1969 and "Klute" in 1971? She would really have cemented her legend and had 2 Oscars!

I think this in turn would have helped her get a nomination for "Barfly" in 1987.

Then if she had been allowed to do "Sunset Bouvelard" she could have won a Tony which in turn would have strengthened the case for "Masterclass" being produced on Broadway and possibly another Tony!

Surely these successes would have helped get financing for "Masterclass" to be filmed with Miss Dunaway and possibly lead to another Oscar or Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 125January 31, 2020 7:32 PM

Faye at R125, you could've had that career if you weren't such a huge bitch.

by Anonymousreply 126January 31, 2020 7:35 PM

So her life now is all bitterness and regret because of her own foibles?

by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2020 7:38 PM

I still can't believed that fashion ad she did with the chunky girl.

by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2020 7:43 PM

*believe

by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Typical Faye... She blamed the songs for the reason she couldn't sing the notes and wanted the songs rewritten. LOL. That's when ALW had had enough and canned her ass!

by Anonymousreply 130January 31, 2020 7:46 PM

What was Faye’s upbringing like? Was she abused? She seems like someone with a lot of demons.

by Anonymousreply 131January 31, 2020 7:47 PM

R37 Quite the contrary, bitch. We got on famously on the set of Three Musketeers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2020 7:48 PM

She’s a religious whacko now. A Roman Catholic convert and wants to go a million religious films. She goes up church every week or some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2020 7:48 PM

She looked amazing in that Columbo episode and dazzled the great detective

by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2020 7:49 PM

She'd gotten her first facelift by then, R134.

by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2020 7:53 PM

I can't understand why she was not nominated for ' puzzle '. It's a truly great work of art and a superior performance from her. How could this movie go unnoticed ? Who was nominated in 70 ??

by Anonymousreply 136January 31, 2020 7:59 PM

I wish she'd appeared in an episode of Murder, She Wrote -- playing a character who would pull up outside Cabot Cove's video store and fling out her tape and try and run Jessica off the road while she was cycling.

by Anonymousreply 137January 31, 2020 8:01 PM

R27 It's the tremendous flatness of her nose in profile - like a chimp - and the huge expanse between nose and upper lip. The teeth make it dome out just like planet of the apes.

by Anonymousreply 138January 31, 2020 8:02 PM

R136 Glenda Jackson winner. Sarah Miles, Ali MacGraw, Jane Alexander and Carrie Snodgress I’ve never seen Puzzle, but I’m sure Faye was better than Ali. But Love Story was huge, so no way Ali wasn’t making the cut.

by Anonymousreply 139January 31, 2020 8:05 PM

R139 there. You can't not see this movie. Fabulously atmospheric and it's one of the best performance ever recorded on film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 31, 2020 8:09 PM

R140 thanks. Will put it on my watch later.

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2020 8:15 PM

I found Puzzle to be pretentious and unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 142January 31, 2020 8:20 PM

R142 but that is because you are under educated and have poor taste. You're probably working class. It's a photographer's movie. Every frame is perfect. The cast is brilliant. It's stylish ans perfect. Heavily influenced by Rosemary 's baby and the Cassavetes' s movies. It's a visual experience, like movies should be. You should see more pretentious films and study photography, educated your taste. It's never too late. My family has payed for many years of my studying art in Europe and England, otherwise I would probably be more like you. I understand.

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2020 9:13 PM

She really *does* look simian these days.

by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2020 9:21 PM

The only time I have met her, I recognized her- approached her and asked her if she was Faye, the actress, she quietly said yes. I told her she was one of the great ones- which she was and is, and she thanked me and smiled. That was it. God knows I've heard and read the stories.

Some people say horrible things about Diana Ross too. I saw quite a bit of her in the late 70s/early 80s when I worked at Andre Oliver. She was nice as can be- sometimes glamorous, sometimes low key. She was a good friend of my boss Danny Zarem.

My brother worked for her (sound production) and he said she could be a pain in the ass. Not much more.

by Anonymousreply 145January 31, 2020 9:32 PM

I asked her if she was Faye the actress, r145, and she hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2020 9:48 PM

Everyone knows if you approach Faye you must refer to her as Ms Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 147January 31, 2020 10:06 PM

I know that she refused to be interviewed by Mark Harris for his indispensable book "Pictures at a Revolution," about the 5 films nominated for Best Picture in 1967. She was one of only two who refused; the other was Poitier.

by Anonymousreply 148January 31, 2020 10:12 PM

"She really *does* look simian these days. "

That's because of the too-long upper lip.

Now part of that is natural aging, everything sags and droops as we get older, and the mouth slips down the face just a touch. But if you also have a series of bad nose jobs and tell the plastic surgeon to make your nose upturned and perky, you can remove so much nasal tissue that it actually increased the length of the upper lip! There's really nothing a plastic surgeon can do about too much space between the mouth and nostrils, although as you can see, lip fillers have been used. That can help a little, but not enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 31, 2020 10:28 PM

"My family has payed for many years of my studying art in Europe and England, otherwise I would probably be more like you."

They should have paid some money to someone who could teach you how to spell, Miss Priss.

by Anonymousreply 150January 31, 2020 10:39 PM

Katherine Heigl or whatever her name is is the modern day poor man's Faye Dunaway in terms of bitchiness and lack of career. Minus the looks and talent.

by Anonymousreply 151February 1, 2020 1:30 AM

Katherine Heigel has "Ann Hathaway Syndrome". So does Brie Larson. There's something unlikable about all these girls. I don't know if has something to do with being child actors? They lack self awareness.

by Anonymousreply 152February 1, 2020 1:54 AM

R145, you told her she WAS one of the greats? How you're still alive to tell the tale is a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 153February 1, 2020 2:17 AM

A friend lived a few doors down from her in early 90s West Hollywood near Beverly and Robertson, right by a Hamburger Hamlet. Not much to report, although he did say from time to time he'd see her in front of her house early mornings, furiously sweeping the sidewalk with a broom and buckets full of determination.

circa 1991, met a random person at a Weho party who claimed she was Faye's assistant for a while, and that her desk drawers were riddled with empty liquor bottles.

by Anonymousreply 154February 1, 2020 2:46 AM

"...he'd see her in front of her house early mornings, furiously sweeping the sidewalk with a broom and buckets full of determination. "

Was he mad at the dirt on the sidewalk?

by Anonymousreply 155February 1, 2020 3:06 AM

OMG! Her son if fucking gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 1, 2020 3:10 AM

[quote]There's really nothing a plastic surgeon can do about too much space between the mouth and nostrils,

A "bullhorn lip-lift" will accomplish this but is another opportunity for a facial fuck-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 1, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote]Everyone knows if you approach Faye you must refer to her as Ms Dunaway

And NEVER carry a fondue pot with you if you do.

by Anonymousreply 158February 1, 2020 4:33 AM

Would Miss Dunaway consented to be on this show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 1, 2020 4:41 AM

Terrible alcoholic, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 160February 1, 2020 4:52 AM

She is still gorgeous in the video at R156 and so is her son. Would Faye really risk adopting a kid who might turn out to be terrible looking?

by Anonymousreply 161February 1, 2020 8:26 AM

She apparently doesn’t have any black heritage. Polish and a little bit of French where the surname came from.

by Anonymousreply 162February 1, 2020 8:39 AM

Dunaway is french ??? French from which country ? The ' w' doesn't exist in French words.

by Anonymousreply 163February 1, 2020 12:58 PM

Born just outside deux oeufs Florida, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164February 1, 2020 2:24 PM

R144 It comes to us all. In the end Ginger Rogers was like an orang utan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 1, 2020 2:36 PM

What did they ever find to talk about?

(I’ll bet the sex was amazing.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 1, 2020 2:56 PM

Faye looked beauitful at the outset of their relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 1, 2020 3:00 PM

She clearly went through some shit in that period, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 1, 2020 3:01 PM

I don't think it's a violent stretch of the imagination that Peter aggravated an already existing potential for cocaine abuse that Dunaway possessed. At the time of their marriage, it was a symbol of monetary wealth, and a naughty little niche for the jaded pre-Concorde set. Rock stars were rock stars because they used vast amounts of it. I saw J. Geils open for The Rolling Stones in Seattle, October 1981. Peter Wolf, that night, blew Mickette offa the stage. but it would have been clear to anybody if he was wired any tighter he would've needed a registration # with the FAA.

by Anonymousreply 169February 1, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote] That's because of the too-long upper lip.

It’s her too big for her mouth dentures pushing it out.

by Anonymousreply 170February 1, 2020 4:30 PM

She was already looking like that after her first facelift in the early nineties. She didn’t get the dentures until 2004.

by Anonymousreply 171February 1, 2020 4:39 PM

R171, these dentures came about in the early 2010s.

by Anonymousreply 172February 1, 2020 4:42 PM

They are not dentures- they are overzealous veneers (and possibly caps of some sort) She even had the bottoms done, which is challenging

by Anonymousreply 173February 1, 2020 4:53 PM

Gah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 1, 2020 4:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 1, 2020 4:58 PM

Oh dear, R174. Horrific fake choppers, AND her lip filler is asymmetrical!

by Anonymousreply 177February 1, 2020 5:03 PM

There’s her 2008 interview with The Guardian...

by Anonymousreply 178February 1, 2020 5:14 PM

She got veneers, not dentures. Still, at 2,000 per tooth, that's an expense toofy smile.

Looks much better in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 179February 1, 2020 5:17 PM

Met her once, she seemed high strung and fidgety.

by Anonymousreply 180February 1, 2020 5:19 PM

Faye seems to be humorless and takes herself much too seriously. If someone asks you a question you don't like, say "no comment" and move on. No need to get defensive and throw a tantrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 1, 2020 5:29 PM

"I turned down The Mail for this."

by Anonymousreply 182February 1, 2020 5:35 PM

She IS the woman she played in "Network". That's her to a "T".

by Anonymousreply 183February 1, 2020 5:41 PM

What other performances should she have received an Oscar nomination for?

by Anonymousreply 184February 1, 2020 5:42 PM

That interview gave me anxiety just reading it.

by Anonymousreply 185February 1, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote]R166 What did they ever find to talk about?

Who the best coke dealer in town was.

by Anonymousreply 186February 1, 2020 5:51 PM

R185, Right? The poor interviewer was probably stressed as it is, having to interview someone with a difficult reputation. He gets there and is immediately given a list of topics that are off-limits, so what is there left to talk about? He starts in, and then she questions his choice of words: "I don't know if I was formidable," "I don't remember being rebellious"... Christ, she's insufferable! She's where is she because of that attitude.

by Anonymousreply 187February 1, 2020 5:56 PM

Faye is insane, but what the fuck did the interviewer think would happen, asking her whether she really collected her urine in a cup and threw it at Polanski? Of course she clammed up and threw him out.

Would he have asked Richard Gere about the gerbil?

by Anonymousreply 188February 1, 2020 6:04 PM

Didn't someone once ask Stephen Sondheim about the rumored sex dungeon? I remember him being shaken up by it, but just saying something like "that's a dumb rumor and I'd rather not address something quite so silly" and they moved on.

by Anonymousreply 189February 1, 2020 6:06 PM

Why aren't people allowed to ask about her son? That's weird. I'd be pissed off if my parents refused to talk about me to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 190February 1, 2020 6:06 PM

Boy George had a decent story about Faye in his first book.

Elton John took Boy to a Tina Turner show in LA shortly after her big comeback. Elton thought Tina and him would hit it off because they were both Buddhists. They went backstage where Tina was already talking to a small group of guests. Elton introduced George. According to Boy, Tina turned around, looked unimpressed and turned back to her group. George felt humiliated, but he said Faye saved the day by walking up to him and gushing about how much she loved his music.

So she can be nice once in while.

by Anonymousreply 191February 1, 2020 6:12 PM

That Wolf guy had quite the nose. = Faye looked so happy. Are women generally size queens ? . I know Wood was crazy about Beatty's endowment and Deneuve about Vadim's (9.8 inch)

by Anonymousreply 192February 1, 2020 6:19 PM

Faye could easily have prepared answers. She could say it was apple juice and she didn't throw it at him, she tripped.

by Anonymousreply 193February 1, 2020 6:20 PM

R193 she's not under arrest, she doesn't think a lady should be asked such questions

by Anonymousreply 194February 1, 2020 6:24 PM

The interviewer was clearly trying to coax a tantrum out of Faye by asking about some sensationalistic story from decades earlier. She was right that he was intentionally trying to insult her. Of course, being Faye she went too far in her outrage, but he did provoke her.

Faye's main problem is that she takes herself too seriously and has zero sense of humor about herself, or life in general. Streisand has the same problem. She was obviously hurt by someone when she was younger and thinks that people are constantly out to hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 195February 1, 2020 6:32 PM

R191 I may be cynical, but that sounds more like Faye throwing shade at Tina than being nice.

by Anonymousreply 196February 1, 2020 6:32 PM

Faye is a constant victim of persecution and lies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 1, 2020 6:38 PM

R184 Bonnie and Clyde. Lost to Katharine Hepburn Chinatown. Lost to Ellen Burstyn Network. Won.

by Anonymousreply 198February 1, 2020 6:56 PM

Did she date any straight men? Seemed to be lesbo

by Anonymousreply 199February 1, 2020 7:15 PM

Every time she called a certain LA vintage hardware store, they’d put her on the store PA system. “It’s FAAAAAYE”

by Anonymousreply 200February 1, 2020 7:19 PM

R198 Your punctuation is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 201February 1, 2020 7:31 PM

What other roles should Ms Dunaway have been nominated for?

by Anonymousreply 202February 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Lou Andrea Sand in puzzle of a downfall child. And she should have won. Was this the year Glenda Jackson won for a romantic englishwoman ? Because Faye's performance was on another level altogether. She was not nominated and Ali was for love story ? It's like not nominating Leigh for streecar and instead giving a nod to Taylor for ' father of the bride'. Ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 203February 1, 2020 7:59 PM

R203 Jackson won for Women in Love.

by Anonymousreply 204February 1, 2020 8:27 PM

r203 Jackson also won for A Touch of Class

by Anonymousreply 205February 1, 2020 10:39 PM

Faye should have also been nominated for Puzzle of a Downfall Child, Mommie Dearest and Barfly. Not sure if she would have gone lead or supporting for the latter.

by Anonymousreply 206February 1, 2020 10:57 PM

She dated Lenny Bruce, Marcello Mastroianni, Frederick Forsyth, and many other straight men.

by Anonymousreply 207February 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Trivia: "Puzzle of a Downfall Child" was based on the life of Jerry Schatzberg's favorite fashion model, Anne St. Marie.

Anne was married to actor/photographer, Tom Palumbo, who later married actress/biographer Patricia Bosworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Anne St. Marie was fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 1, 2020 11:25 PM

ASM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 1, 2020 11:26 PM

R188, Well, the urine cup story was published in Peter Biskind's book and repeated so many times that it has become part of Faye Dunaway lore. If it were untrue, this was the perfect opportunity to set the record straight and say "Absolutely, unequivocally not true!" Instead she pulled out the "That doesn't even deserve the dignity of a response! I am a LADY!", which is not exactly a denial. I'm not saying the writer was in the right, but since he asked...

by Anonymousreply 211February 1, 2020 11:29 PM

Ms Dunaway is more beautiful that this woman

by Anonymousreply 212February 1, 2020 11:31 PM

Many years ago she bought a small house on Egypt Lane, East Hampton,NY . She went to the town board to put a pool in th back yard, and told them don't give me the variance because I'm a big movie star. They didn't. She left. The pool-less house is still there, still backed up by the dreen.

by Anonymousreply 213February 1, 2020 11:51 PM

What's a dreen?

by Anonymousreply 214February 1, 2020 11:55 PM

A dialectal variant of drain.

by Anonymousreply 215February 2, 2020 12:02 AM

Re: Miss Dunaway and urine -

This has been her go-to vitriol for a while. A teacher of mine was (somehow) connected to the 1973 L.A. production of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, on which she clashed with Jon Voight. He was supposed to enter a scene appearing sweaty, so there was a bucket of water backstage to wet him down with.

Dunaway took to peeing in Voight’s bucket, knowing he’d later be drenched from it. She said she did not have time to get all the way to the bathroom during the play.

Finally they placed a second bucket in the wings for her own use. (It would be funny if she then never used it...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 2, 2020 12:20 AM

Very interesting blog entry about that production, with insights from Tennessee Willliams:

[quote]Tenn liked Dunaway; was, in fact, fascinated by her. Only thirty-three years old when they met, she already had a keen sense of time and its effects on people, its perpetually slipping away. Tenn noticed her rigidity, her insistence on keeping to schedules, to routines, but only those that directly applied to her: she had no problem missing appointments that mattered to others. "She had the star's system of telling time and tracking time," Tenn told me, "which is to say that she told time by when she got somewhere or needed something or did something. That is when time mattered, began, counted." Dunaway had fashioned a religion, a set of circus-show mirrors, that helped her get through life and work. Her religion did not involve prayers or good works or deep contemplations, but a thorough examination of daily trade papers, box-office grosses, trends among ticket buyers, polls on the desirability or disabilities of her peers. "I'm in the business of making deals," Tenn once overheard Dunaway telling someone, and that is how she saw every opportunity: a package to be maximized or amortized to her greatest benefit, aimed for a payout or a prize. During the time Tenn and Dunaway knew each other, she was on the verge of a comeback, although she would never have used that word. Dunaway did not, and perhaps still does not, see that she has made poor choices or might not appeal to people: the fault is with others, with poor perceptions, with people who failed to adequately "sell" her work, make it known, explain its intentions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 2, 2020 12:32 AM

" she had no problem missing appointments that mattered to others."

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 218February 2, 2020 1:25 AM

I saw her about 20 years ago in Chapel Hill at a reading that Annie Dillard gave at the University of North Carolina. Nobody could figure out what she was doing there. She was being pleasant enough but you could tell she was just lapping up the attention from the plebs.

I don't really care about her but after scrolling past this thread a million times I realized I could contribute that.

by Anonymousreply 219February 2, 2020 1:39 AM

And yet, despite all this, there isn’t a better actress in the world, ever.

by Anonymousreply 220February 2, 2020 1:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 2, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]R220 And yet, despite all this, there isn’t a better actress in the world, ever.

She’s actually a somewhat limited actress. Better than Bergen, but Burstyn and Fonda have much more range.

by Anonymousreply 222February 2, 2020 2:15 AM

Fuck off back to your collection of dishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 2, 2020 2:16 AM

I hope ALW writes an Evita style musical about her, but in this one he isn’t nice.

by Anonymousreply 224February 2, 2020 2:23 AM

He never was nice.

by Anonymousreply 225February 2, 2020 3:11 AM

FAYVITA!

by Anonymousreply 226February 2, 2020 3:14 AM

“And the Botox kept rolling in...”

by Anonymousreply 227February 2, 2020 3:16 AM

“Another Facelift in Another Mall“

by Anonymousreply 228February 2, 2020 3:23 AM

The one that keep trying to sell Puzzle of a Downfall Child really needs to give it up. If you want to see Dunaway giving a great performance check out her 10 minute monologue from The Disappearance of Aimee when she tells the story of her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 229February 2, 2020 3:33 AM

Does she throw a salad on the floor in it?

by Anonymousreply 230February 2, 2020 3:35 AM

How did she miss out on playing Cruella de Vil, she looks like she tortures puppies on the daily?

by Anonymousreply 231February 2, 2020 3:44 AM

Faye is genius in the right role, but she's not a chameleon type actress. She's a STAR. That can work for some roles, but not for others. I'd say most of her peers from the 70's are/were probably better all around actresses and are still working steadily to this day, because they're team players who know that their performance is just a small piece of the puzzle that is a play/movie/TV show. These are the actors who always get work. They're truly about "the craft" and trying to tell a story. The ones like Faye who make insane demands, waste everyone's time, and have no sense of humor are the ones who usual know they're limited and are terrified of people finding out. See also: Streisand, Barbra.

by Anonymousreply 232February 2, 2020 3:52 AM

This calls for a sequel: "Barfly 2: Botox Boogaloo"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 2, 2020 3:58 AM

R216 I think the Jon Voight urine story is just myth.

Would he really work with her again in The Champ six years later if she was responsible for having her pissed poured over him?

Maybe he has a fetish?

by Anonymousreply 234February 2, 2020 4:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 2, 2020 4:14 AM

Evelyn Mulwray- I mean, come on. She’s incredible, heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 236February 2, 2020 4:52 AM

R222 /R232 I basically agree (although I think Streisand lightened up a lot later in life).

I’d say she’s on a level of about Sharon Stone, who can be fantastic in the right role, but is limited and had trouble with vulnerability. But Stone is much more self aware and has a healthy sense of humor about herself. And knows how to age gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 237February 2, 2020 5:13 AM

So why did Aimee disappear?

by Anonymousreply 238February 2, 2020 6:40 AM

R236 R237 where are you ro be posting so early?!

by Anonymousreply 239February 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Aimee claims to have been kidnapped and held in Mexico for ransom. but it comes to light that she's been covering up an affair with a married man.

by Anonymousreply 240February 2, 2020 6:53 AM

But she was good and downright iconic in the Eyes of Laura Mars.

by Anonymousreply 241February 2, 2020 6:58 AM

And the let’s announce the wrong winner for the biggest award of the night at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 242February 2, 2020 7:01 AM

Why doesn’t she have her own reality show?

by Anonymousreply 243February 2, 2020 7:59 AM

Does this count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 2, 2020 11:42 AM

She was a great actress in some things I saw (like 'Chinatown'), but I didn't think she was Oscar-worthy in 'Network'. Nor was anyone else in that movie Oscar-worthy, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 245February 2, 2020 12:43 PM

She has always seemed to me like the sort of actress who meticulously plans out every pause, every gesture. If you went to see her in plays multiple times or watched all the takes of her scenes in movies, I'll bet you'd see that she does everything the exact same way every time.

To me, that isn't really acting; it's performing.

by Anonymousreply 246February 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Billy Williams on dear Faye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 2, 2020 1:29 PM

Billy Williams seems a bit slow and a bore. No wonder the film plodded.

by Anonymousreply 248February 2, 2020 1:43 PM

I watched the segment on "on golden pond " billy was explaining that Jane Fonda insisted on doing her own make up and it was bad, so I watched a clip of the movie to see what that cunt had done to herself. she generally is awful, but in that movie , she is truly TERRIBLE. She is the worst star actress of her generation. An insult to acting. Wow she SUCKS ASS. The guy playing her bf is a hot daddy, and I immediately wanted him quite deep inside me

by Anonymousreply 249February 2, 2020 2:02 PM

That Cunt Fonda going after Faye. Of course you lost to Faye, cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250February 2, 2020 2:06 PM

R248=Donald Sutherland

by Anonymousreply 251February 2, 2020 2:16 PM

Rutanya Alda from Mommie Dearest spills all the tea on Faye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 2, 2020 3:52 PM

I made, a movie with Faye. She's a gigantic pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 253February 2, 2020 4:05 PM

Punctuation, Roman.

by Anonymousreply 254February 2, 2020 4:10 PM

Faye did it for....the Thrill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 2, 2020 4:14 PM

This ad really cracks me up for some reason.....The way she dismisses the pizza!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 2, 2020 4:24 PM

The parody video is even better! I’m sure a bunch of DLers could do better though.......

by Anonymousreply 257February 2, 2020 4:26 PM

Oooops..... here is the parody video......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 2, 2020 4:27 PM

Isn't that the music from Body Double?

She looks so frail going to play tennis.

by Anonymousreply 259February 2, 2020 4:28 PM

Stop Eye f&cking my bag!

by Anonymousreply 260February 2, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote]R250 Of course you lost to Faye, cunt.

Faye to Jane:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261February 2, 2020 4:43 PM

R258 I thought I was going to die laughing. OMG. ' this is what I get for acting like I'm tolerating you'. This is fucking hysterical. and what about the face of the girl playing this' ' assistant' '. OMG. Shame she doesn't have a read hand mark across the cheek and a few lettuce leaves stuck in her hair...'' you have a great career ahead of you as a garbage person' '. O. M. G. My tummy aches. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 262February 2, 2020 4:56 PM

R258 I thought I was going to die laughing. OMG. ' this is what I get for acting like I'm tolerating you'. This is fucking hysterical. and what about the face of the girl playing this' ' assistant' '. OMG. Shame she doesn't have a read hand mark across the cheek and a few lettuce leaves stuck in her hair...'' you have a great career ahead of you as a garbage person' '. O. M. G. My tummy aches. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 263February 2, 2020 4:56 PM

I had to watch three times to catch the pizza dismissal, but it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 264February 2, 2020 4:56 PM

She looks too frail to play Candy Crush, let alone tennis.

by Anonymousreply 265February 2, 2020 5:09 PM

R239 It’s not the same time all over the world that it is where you are.

“Time zones” - google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 266February 2, 2020 5:21 PM

I'm shocked at how frail she looks in those Gucci ads. And she walks like an old lady trying to keep her balance. She's 79 years old now, so yes, she is old, but having grown up when she was a big star, I still remember her as that stunning woman in the goddess gown in "The Towering Inferno," not the woman those ads.

by Anonymousreply 267February 2, 2020 5:22 PM

“Elton John took Boy to a Tina Turner show in LA shortly after her big comeback...“

That sounds like the set-up to an Aristocrats worthy joke R191

by Anonymousreply 268February 2, 2020 5:26 PM

Sharon Stone is a good modern example of someone equally beautiful, brilliant in the right role, but a little limited in the kinds of roles she can play. As other have said, Stone seems to possess a good deal of self-awareness, smarts, and humor which has kept her working and in the good graces of those she works with.

I think she really won me over when I found out she was not only friends with Kathy Griffin after that special where she impersonated her, but stuck by her after the Trump scandal. Seems like a good gal.

by Anonymousreply 269February 2, 2020 6:14 PM

I think some of you are overselling Sharon Stone's... normality.

by Anonymousreply 270February 2, 2020 6:26 PM

For Christ's sake and that of your own well-being, can we get back to the topic of this thread: ME?

by Anonymousreply 271February 2, 2020 7:13 PM

Okay miss Faye. I think lumping you and Sharon Stone together = saying that Maria Callas and J-Lo have very similar capacities in the singing department ....R267 I know a guy who was working backstage at some ceremony/tribute for Faye event. He said she walked on stage like a lioness to collect her award but the minute she was in the wings, she collapsed completely and needed two people to carry her to her dressing room. And that was a couple of years ago. She IS frail our Faye.

by Anonymousreply 272February 2, 2020 7:26 PM

I think some of you are overselling Sharon Stone's... skills.

by Anonymousreply 273February 2, 2020 7:29 PM

There was a time when Faye and Sharon were hanging out together all over town and acting like best friends. I wonder if they still see each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274February 2, 2020 7:52 PM

There are so many Mommie Dearest references in that Gucci ad. They have to be intentional.

by Anonymousreply 275February 2, 2020 8:02 PM

Dunaway has never had a sense of humor, as an actor or in real life. It's one of her biggest personal and professional failings.

It really is amazing that she can produce such high-level camp without a sense of humor, but there's a kind of unintentional camp that can only be made by someone who is absolutely blind to the existence of humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276February 2, 2020 8:35 PM

I always that Dunaway and Stone were alike in some ways. You could totally imagine them as Old Hollywood stars in a way you couldn't most of their (no more talented) contemporaries.

There were shades of Crawford in both of them. I wish Stone had played her in Feud and not the dire Jessica Lange.

Dunaway's Crawford is, of course, far, far superior to Lange's and one of the greatest performances ever committed to film.

Given how she was stabbed in the back by Paramount over that I don't blame her for not wanting to talk about it, but that doesn't excuse all her other cunty behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 277February 2, 2020 8:44 PM

She did talk about it on Inside the Actors Studio and wrote about it in her book. I guess she got tired of it being the only thing people would ask about.

by Anonymousreply 278February 2, 2020 8:53 PM

I don't agree with that. She had plenty of funny moments in ' B&C' and' ' puzzle' ', also' 'little big man'. I think her mental illness caught up in her late 20s or mid 30s along with a coke adduction and she panicked and lost her grip. What bugs me is that there were enough old timers in the 80's with enough power to avenge the outrage done to Crawford by destroying Faye's spot in the A-list. She sunk into B then C list and did some real bad shit. Which is a great shame, because unlike contemporaries Farrow, Fonda, Minelli, Redgrave, Deneuve et all, she didn't build her career on nepotism and connections, but sheer talent. She is a far superior talent than these ladies IMO, with the exception of Farrow, who has less strength, subtlety and power but ASTONISHING range, as demonstrated in the Allan Konigsberg's movies.

by Anonymousreply 279February 2, 2020 8:53 PM

I was surprised that she went along with doing the "I'm mad as hell" but on a documentary on the Network DVD but she did, so I think she has some sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 280February 2, 2020 8:55 PM

And Sharon Stone is a TERRIBLE actress. What's wrong with you people ? She couldn't act if her life depended on it. Even in interviews she SUCKS, looks fake and unnatural.

by Anonymousreply 281February 2, 2020 8:56 PM

... "I'm mad as hell" bit.

by Anonymousreply 282February 2, 2020 8:56 PM

R279 Fonda has way more range and depth than Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 283February 2, 2020 8:57 PM

In the sense that Fonda goes from mildly bad and mecanichal to WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT WOMAN THINKS SHE DOING bad. She's a Horrible actress, and is a Black hole of bad acting in every movie. She's the female Redford but worse. You never get the impression that you are seeing a human being. Her ' acting' is a totally amateurish collections of shrill and nervous schticks. She's a fraud and she knows it. She will die this year. Faye Dunaway is a genius. Hit or miss, but genius.

by Anonymousreply 284February 2, 2020 9:07 PM

R284 Jesus, are you one of those those crazies who still won’t accept Janes apology over what she did in Vietnam? It would explain your unhinged posts.

by Anonymousreply 285February 2, 2020 9:16 PM

Jane Fonda's voice is always an impediment to me when I watch her act. It's too studied. In a way, it's like the well bred counterpart to Raquel Welch's beauty contestant voice. It puts the audience at a remove.

by Anonymousreply 286February 2, 2020 9:24 PM

R285, I'm not R284, but Fonda is a very overrated actress. I've never once gotten the sense I'm watching a real human being when I watch her, and I can't remember a time she played someone I liked.

And I support her politics.

by Anonymousreply 287February 2, 2020 9:26 PM

Well I can see Fonda in Bonnie and Clyde, and Chinatown, and Network, but not Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 288February 2, 2020 9:38 PM

R287 you obviously haven’t seen Klute and many of her fine performances like They Shoot Horses, Barefoot in the Park, the Dollmaker, Julia, and Coming Home. Klute is considered in the all time top 5 of best actress Oscar roles. No one can say by any real stretch of the imagination that this woman can’t act, yet you are making a feeble attempt.

by Anonymousreply 289February 2, 2020 9:53 PM

Anyone who does not admire the magnitude of Fonda’s natural ability has never seen KLUTE.

This is the kind of deeper, self-revelatory work that Dunaway could never take off her mask to do. She could touch on it very occasionally, for isolated moments, but then always slipped back into mannequin mode again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290February 2, 2020 10:03 PM

More revelation (to say NOTHING of the scene where she cries over the tape!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 2, 2020 10:05 PM

Jesus it’s not a mystery; they both can act.

Dunaway: extremely beautiful & extremely crazy - less range. Fonda: very attractive & not as smart as she thinks she is - more range.

by Anonymousreply 292February 2, 2020 10:09 PM

There’s also something very canny about Fonda suggesting Faye Dunaway replace her in KLUTE at the last minute. She speaks of the real life prostitutes she met as having a hardness to them, with no light in their eyes. (And probably coming from less privileged backgrounds than hers.)

Well, that’s sharecropper’s daughter, Army brat Faye, alright.

Fonda has also said she saw a sadness in Dunaway... which is certainly true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293February 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Let's not forget her feud with Hilary Duff.

by Anonymousreply 294February 2, 2020 10:33 PM

Duff is RELISHING Dunaway’s downfall.

She should announce she’s been approached to redo CHINATOWN, to rub salt in the wound.

by Anonymousreply 295February 2, 2020 10:52 PM

She shouldn't be relishing anything after that embarassing Sharon Tate movie.

by Anonymousreply 296February 2, 2020 10:57 PM

[italic]WHERE IS SHE HIDING ? ? ?[/italic]

Really, we’re her only remaking fans, and we DESERVE TO KNOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 2, 2020 11:18 PM

Fonda only got cast in Klute, Horses and Julia because Streisand turned them down first.

by Anonymousreply 298February 2, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote]R247 Billy Williams on dear Faye

The fact that she begins the trailer with her trademark stagey-ass scream makes me suddenly want to see it!

I want that breathy shriek as some sort of alert on my cell phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299February 2, 2020 11:26 PM

To compare Sharon Stone to Dunaway is moronic. Jane Fonda is a brilliant actress but Dunaway has genius - she's more vivid and present on screen than either Stone or Fonda. Even without Mommie Dearest, the closest comparison would be with Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 300February 2, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote]R298 Fonda only got cast in Klute, Horses and Julia because Streisand turned them down first. —Sue Mengers

Bitch, your client Babs was also offered the role of lapsed Catholic mom Chris MacNeil in [italic]The Exorcist,[/italic] so let’s not pretend those were all parts she was actually right for.

In Dorothy Faye’s phone messaged words, Let’s not even GO there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 2, 2020 11:50 PM

I've always found Fonda to be a bore onscreen. I've never found her beautiful and her acting is cold and wooden. She's highly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 302February 2, 2020 11:50 PM

Party of One, your table’s waiting!

by Anonymousreply 303February 2, 2020 11:53 PM

R286 Jane’s voice is very, very distinctive. It’s a plus, but you always know it’s Jane.

by Anonymousreply 304February 2, 2020 11:58 PM

I think the same is true of Sigourney Weaver - her voice is both a liability and a kind of signature.

by Anonymousreply 305February 3, 2020 12:00 AM

About that phone message – is there a link to it somewhere? Is it like an urban legend? Because someone at a party in Hollywood (as opposed to a Hollywood party), an elder, once told me the story and claimed he was the recipient. He acted very put out and sore.

by Anonymousreply 306February 3, 2020 12:02 AM

Well I for one am grateful Jane didn’t do Chinatown. Faye was utter perfection in that perfect movie.

by Anonymousreply 307February 3, 2020 12:08 AM

What was his name?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 3, 2020 12:08 AM

R306

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 3, 2020 12:09 AM

Thank you for the links. I don’t know the gentleman’s name. It was just a party conversation.

by Anonymousreply 310February 3, 2020 12:11 AM

I like that she hangs up without even saying goodbye.

HOPELESS!

by Anonymousreply 311February 3, 2020 12:19 AM

Maybe Faye and Sean Young could do something together?

Wouldn’t THAT be a happy set!

by Anonymousreply 312February 3, 2020 12:23 AM

I’m just gonna leave this here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313February 3, 2020 12:41 AM

And Faye didn't pay a cent for that coaching. Grifter.

by Anonymousreply 314February 3, 2020 12:44 AM

Surprisingly, this doesn’t seem to have been posted yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 3, 2020 12:54 AM

R302 I agree. Jane Fonda is really not very versatile as an actress. If not for the famous Fonda name I doubt that she would have made it in show business.

by Anonymousreply 316February 3, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote]R315 Surprisingly, this doesn’t seem to have been posted yet.

Jeez... I hope the stan going on about how “distractingly” distinctive Fonda’s voice is watches THAT.

Dunaway makes next to no effort to sound (or act) like Katharine Hepburn. It should have been retitled “Dunaway at Five”

by Anonymousreply 317February 3, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote] r108 Why did she darken her hair?

Her natural hair color is brown. It was bleached into a kind of Brigitte Bardot style for her first film (they also padded her bra), and she went back and forth with the color for a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318February 3, 2020 1:48 AM

Sorry - above is College Faye, with the original brown hair.

by Anonymousreply 319February 3, 2020 1:50 AM

R315, THATS been posted a million times.

by Anonymousreply 320February 3, 2020 4:48 AM

She sounds like my mother. Nightmare Extraordinaire.

How are her kids (or is it just one kid)?

by Anonymousreply 321February 3, 2020 5:05 AM

R319 she was a lot heavier there. I think a lot of her problems (the drugs, the food obsessiveness) stems from her neurotic need to control her weight and not ever get back to being “thick” like she was there/naturally is.

by Anonymousreply 322February 3, 2020 5:26 AM

At least she spared us a Fonda-esque aerobics empire and the "Dunaway Diet" book she could have written, if it involved something other than doing copious amounts of cocaine and throwing your salad on the floor rather than actually eating it.

by Anonymousreply 323February 3, 2020 5:33 AM

Fatass.

by Anonymousreply 324February 3, 2020 6:24 AM

R312 Faye and Sean Young did a film together Ghosts Never Sleep.

It had an interesting premise (a shocking family secret) and Dunaway has a thick Irish accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 3, 2020 6:32 AM

Fonda is not a very good actress. She was passable in Klute, that was a very easy role. She would have totally ruined Bonnie. The part was written for Natalie Wood, who told Warren to fuck off and did Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice instead. B&C is ridiculous. Over glamorizing the story, Beatty's laughable. Clyde Barrow was gay. Faye's performance makes the shit watchable. Fonda is the least gifted of the famous actresses of her generation . You always see the wheels turning. To say that she has more range and depth than Dunaway = saying that Ginger Rogers was infinitely better than Bette Davis. It's downright ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 326February 3, 2020 7:59 PM

Fonda is not a very good actress. She was passable in Klute, that was a very easy role. She would have totally ruined Bonnie. The part was written for Natalie Wood, who told Warren to fuck off and did Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice instead. B&C is ridiculous. Over glamorizing the story, Beatty's laughable. Clyde Barrow was gay. Faye's performance makes the shit watchable. Fonda is the least gifted of the famous actresses of her generation . You always see the wheels turning. To say that she has more range and depth than Dunaway = saying that Ginger Rogers was infinitely better than Bette Davis. It's downright ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 327February 3, 2020 7:59 PM

I want to destroy people who say that Fonda is good. Or better than Dunaway. I want to hunt them and kill them. Fonda is bad. The poster who says that she's good and has more range than Dunaway will die a terrible death. I see pain. A lot of pain...

by Anonymousreply 328February 3, 2020 8:05 PM

R328 get some help

by Anonymousreply 329February 3, 2020 9:10 PM

Faye and Jane are both great actresses

by Anonymousreply 330February 3, 2020 9:17 PM

Is anyone going to Home Depot? If so, please buy some hinges for R328.

by Anonymousreply 331February 3, 2020 10:02 PM

All that plastic surgery and Faye was still playing someone's mother opposite Sean Young. She should have saved her money.

by Anonymousreply 332February 3, 2020 10:04 PM

How do you track posters personal accounts through this site ? I want to do that. I will track the Hanoï Jane lovers, I will hunt them down just like they did us in the jungle. I will settle this record straight. Faye is a good girl.

by Anonymousreply 333February 4, 2020 4:28 AM

Is r333 Faye, still off her meds?

Guuuuurl.......call your son!

by Anonymousreply 334February 4, 2020 4:39 AM

R333 - ...Dad?

by Anonymousreply 335February 4, 2020 4:02 PM

R333 The two dots in Hanoï seem to sit above the letters on the screen and that's giving me a bilious attack. For that reason you must die. You, your family, your neighbours, your clan.

by Anonymousreply 336February 4, 2020 7:08 PM

Girls....GIRLS! Your BOTH Dunaway apologistic cunts!

by Anonymousreply 337February 4, 2020 7:14 PM

How come she won an Emmy for Columbo? Was it sympathy for how she was treated during the Lloyd Webber stupidity?

by Anonymousreply 338February 4, 2020 7:22 PM

Those Guest Emmy awards are often starfucker based.

by Anonymousreply 339February 4, 2020 7:27 PM

SHE DESERVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 340February 4, 2020 7:44 PM

There is a new book on Chinatown which may appeal to Faye fanatics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 4, 2020 8:59 PM

Vanity Fair interview with the author:

[quote]Q: Some of the most riveting scenes in the book are about her blowups with director Roman Polanski, and diva-like behavior on set that earned her the enmity of the crew.

[quote]A: Faye! I don’t want anyone to not come off well. I want them to come off as complex. I’m always going for the black and white, but with Faye, all I had was the black. I reached out to her. She asked me what her participation [financial compensation] was going to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342February 4, 2020 10:26 PM

R313 I think this is a better video of the same story. So funny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 15, 2020 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!