Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot Topic In-Store Cleaning Supplies 1992 to 2006

It's been a few years since I started my Hot Topic In-Store Cleaning Supplies blog on 12/31/2015, and the DL has been very instrumental in helping me achieve my goals of recreating all of the wonderful cleaning supplies of this beloved, unique and fantastic shopping emporium.

I've recovered dozens bottles, boxes and packages of cleaning liquids and powders thanks to former Hot Topic employees who also stole and saved the original products, like I did, and most of them found out about my quest because of the DL. Every whiff brings back treasured memories. And they are cutting edge products, very effective to this day. Timeless cleaning supplies, indeed.

If you worked at Hot Topic from 1992 to 2006 and saved the cleaning products, would you please share them with me? Contact me at the email address in my blog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2023 6:15 PM

The Gap Playlists guy is very polarizing apparently

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2020 2:52 AM

Thanks guys! I just got a half bottle of the original lavender scented Flash multi-purpose and an unused can of Glade Elegance Mystique spray air freshener. Keep em coming! I couldn't do this without you!

by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2020 12:00 AM

Bravo, OP, simply Bravo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2020 12:03 AM

I love the Gap Playlists guy, but this is undeniably creative and hilarious. Applause applause!

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2020 12:25 AM

Christmas time means it's time for all your favorite Hot Topic In-Store Cleaning Supplies!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2020 6:53 PM

❤️ OP

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2020 7:23 PM

I love this.

GapPlayListGuy is an Aspie Lunatic who first thought himself interesting by mistake, but has now shifted to finding himself funny by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2021 9:53 PM

I'm not sure I understand this. Is this real or fake?

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2021 10:17 PM

Now that we are free of the soul crushing epidemic and grim daily grind of masking, I'm sure you're all thrilled we can gather together again in blissful liberty and community at the local mall. Why not stop by Hot Topic to update your gear for summer! You'll enjoy all your treasured Hot Topic fragrances and perfumes in-store cleaning supplies mask-free!

A reminder I'm looking anyone who worked at Hot Topic in the Golden Age of 1992-2006 and has saved the classic in-store cleaning supplies inventory lists or the actual products. I'm particularly looking for Spring-Summer lists from 1997 and the also the dark autumn of 2001.

See you at the mall!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2021 11:47 PM

I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2021 11:58 PM

Some deceptive claims were made about my blog, so Blogger is deleting it one post at a time tonight.

I'm finished.

Way to go, DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2021 12:02 AM

Highly doubtful anyone on DL sabotaged your grand retirement project, dude. It's probably some backstabbing evil shop-bottom from your tenure at the GAP.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2021 12:06 AM

I love this, OP.

You've nailed this.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 10:33 PM

My favorite was “Manic Panic Bathroom Cleaner.” My parents almost killed me when I couldn’t get the blue and red hair dye out of the countertop and the bathroom tiles. There were deep-set bright colored stains all over the place. My folks thought they were going to have to rip out the bathroom, but Manic Panic Bathroom Cleaner saved the day (and my life!).

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 10:42 PM

Hi friends, I'm still working steadfastly to collect all the fantastic Hot Top In-Store Cleaning Supplies 1992 to 2006! I want to thank you all for your wonderful encouragement and support and a special kiss of gratitude to former and present Hot Topic employees who have allowed me to more closer to the achievement of my dreams.

by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Word is spreading! Now I'm 47% complete. Look for me as special guest speaker at October's ISSA expo in Chicago! The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association Fun Person of the Year Award.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2022 4:35 PM

Update: Exciting News - listen for me on NPR's Fresh Aire, with Terri Toye, February 3 and my ❤️y Valentine's sit down with Marie Kondo and Snoop Dogg. In the pipeline for 2023: Patreon and Only Fans.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 12:52 AM

Cut to the chase and describe your nose OP

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 1:05 AM

I laughed so hard at this I snorted.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2023 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!