Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYPD cop Michael Valva abused son Thomas Valva for years before his death, mom claims

I hope he gets locked up and beaten daily in Prison. COWARD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 4, 2020 5:39 PM

The sociopathic piece of shit even had the audacity to set up a GoFundMe page for his son's funeral - the boy he himself murdered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2020 12:03 AM

I hope some prisoners can get to him and make him understand what it feels like to be frightened and abused.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2020 12:13 AM

The record states that Valva’s son Anthony was forced to sleep in the garage because he was urinating in his bed.

I am INFURIATED

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2020 4:00 PM

There also needs to be outrage against the family court judges who enable this and face no consequences for the results. That’s right: they are immune from any criminal or civil suits, and where I live they recently sealed any records of judgments overturned on appeal, disciplinary actions, etc....keeping the voters from knowing anything. If you speak up you’d better hope you don’t end up in their courtroom again, and they may even sue you.

It’s not uncommon for a mother to lose custody for trying to protect her child, and this is one more of many examples. False allegations to gain advantage are not okay and there should be consequences, but it doesn’t sound like that was the case here with several school witnesses testifying to neglect and abuse.

The family courts have the blood of scores of children on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote]I am INFURIATED

Frautrage!

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2020 5:29 PM

Children’s services knew NYPD cop Michael Valva made child sleep in garage, deemed complaint ‘unfounded’

New York state’s Office of Children and Family Services recorded a complaint about a child being forced to sleep in the garage at NYPD officer Mike Valva’s house in 2019 — the same garage where the cop and his fiancee are accused of freezing-to-death another son — but Suffolk county child protective services ‘determined it to be “unfounded,” according to internal records reviewed by The Post.

The record, from a phone call logged on Feb. 27, 2019, states that Valva’s son Anthony was forced to sleep in the garage because he was urinating in his bed.

Valva and his fiancee Angela Pollina have been charged with murder for the hypothermia-induced death of his 8-year-old Thomas, who died on Jan. 17 after allegedly being forced to sleep in the same garage of the family’s Long Island home.

“For the past week, Anthony (9) has been coming to school with his clothes and backpack soaked in urine,” the OCFS record states.

“Anthony has been staying in the garage and is not allowed in his room due to him urinating in his bed … Step mother (Angela) and Father (Michael) are aware that the child is arriving at school soiled and fail to adequately address the concern,” the record says.

“The child’s feet and hands are bright red, but it unknown if this is as a result of the child being soaked in urine,” it adds.

The record shows the agency closed the claim after one day, calling it a “duplicate.” It’s not clear who reported it to the agency.

The memo is one of many narratives included in a record given to Anthony and Thomas’ mother, Justyna Zubko in May 2019.

The state OCFS then wrote to Zubko-Valva telling her the allegations were “unfounded.”

“The investigating district/agency has determine the report to be unfounded and the subject (perpetrator) and other persons named in the report(s) have been notified,” the letter says.

The confidential report was then sealed, Gleeson wrote.

In a statement on Friday, the agency said: “While we cannot comment on the specifics of any investigation due to confidentiality requirements, OCFS has a statutory obligation to investigate any child fatality if that fatality is reported to the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Hot daddy! I vote not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 10:35 PM

What a terrible piece of shit. So many cops are psychotic. I know over half of them beat their spouses, but I didn't think about them abusing their kids. I knew two kids of different cops growing up and they were both verbally, mentally and psychically abused.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 10:52 PM

R3

I can't imagine why an abused child would be a bedwetter.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 11:00 PM

You have to wonder if Childrens' "Services" covers up a lot of abuse by cops.

Of course, the kids wouldn't tell the case workers what really happened for fear of retribution, and the cop would have certainly lied.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 11:07 PM

R10 they do. There are many cases out there the media won’t cover.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]”For the past week, Anthony (9) has been coming to school with his clothes and backpack soaked in urine,” the OCFS record states.

Why didn’t someone do something? Aren’t teachers supposed to report suspected abuse?

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 11:15 PM

The kid was autistic. Maybe the teachers blamed it on his retardation.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 11:20 PM

He's a cop and a child killer. The other inmates will be waiting for him and the very second he steps out of punk city he's a dead man.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2020 11:21 PM

Prison mentality is such that selling drugs to kids, or turning them to drug dealers is acceptable, but sexually/physically abusing or murdering a child is not.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2020 11:29 PM

R14, cops are kept in a protected area when they go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2020 11:35 PM

R14, cops are kept in a protected area when they go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2020 11:35 PM

Aren't cops kept in a protected area when they go to prison?

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote]mentally and psychically abused.

They were abused by Miss Cleo?!

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2020 11:49 PM

Sensational crime is sensational! I am feeling things!

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2020 11:52 PM

More often I'm having trouble letting go of these stories I come across on the internet. From the dog dragging her own puppies in a crate after being abandoned on a highway to what happened to this poor little guy... maybe it's time for me to get off the internet. Once I shake the last horrible story, a new one comes and for some reason I cannot avoid reading it even though I know it is going to upset me.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 11:57 PM

"psychically abused"

Eye of newt, tongue of bat... on Hwy. 10 you'll have a flat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2020 11:59 PM

When asked why his son was falling, the dad replied "Because he’s cold. Boo f–king hoo.”

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2020 1:38 AM

Valva... Russian?

Their extensive, paranoid security system recordings will convict them and send them to prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2020 3:41 AM

That poor little boy. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2020 3:46 AM

We'd all have an easier time being able to let go, R21, if we could get Poo Shoes to stop posting shit stories that have nothing to do with a gay chat board.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2020 4:01 AM

[quote] Zubko-Valva [mother], who says she lost custody of her three children in 2017, said she “went everywhere” to report that her children were in danger.

The death is tragic, but the mother, herself, lost custody of her 3 children. Why did she lose custody? I'm guessing she was not mother of the year.

I'm not saying she could have stopped the death, but she probably could have had at least 50% custody. Had she not lost custody, she would have had legal standing to try to get 100% custody. She's not in a great position to blame everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2020 5:39 AM

R27, since you don’t know anything about the custody battle, it’s unfair to blame the mother for this. Reports say the custody fight was brutal.

With a POS father like this — who was awarded custody — your focus is on the mother???

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2020 6:24 AM

Sorry, maybe jumping to conclusions about the mother. I’ll wait and see what info comes out.

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Also, he is a cop, so he may have been favored.

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2020 8:05 AM

I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is to see this all unfold with your very own eyes how society and its "system" destroys these poor souls and protect the tormentors, because they happen to be in position of (some) power.

Vigilante justice should be justified for such cases.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2020 9:30 AM

I think the article did say he was autistic - and you're right, if the mother lost full custody, there's probably a reason for that

Why didn’t someone do something? Aren’t teachers supposed to report suspected abuse? If you've ever dealt with an asshole cop - and this guy clearly fits the profile - I'm sure he bullies & abuses any teacher, social worker or even grocery store clerk who dares get in his way or question him in any way. These petulant, thin skinned types can't bear any perceived attack on their fragile masculinity and lash out aggressively when under attack. So it's not unreasonable to assume that teachers were afraid of him and honestly, who could blame them?

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2020 9:41 AM

R32 they’re probably scared of deal with a cop

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2020 9:56 AM

the school reported the urine to social services which did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2020 10:55 AM

[quote] When asked why his son was falling, the dad replied "Because he’s cold. Boo f–king hoo.”

Uh, what?

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2020 11:31 AM

Are you a racist psychotic piece of white shit with a tiny dick who beats on women and little boys and will eventually be responsible for killing your own blood?!

Well you’re in luck!!!

NYPD is hiring!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2020 11:58 AM

To all those asking why teachers of young boy didn't report suspected abuse, they did, read OP linked article or Google it yourself.

Nurses, doctors, teachers and a few others are mandatory reporters of child abuse in NYS. If abuse does come out that any should have known about but didn't report, their jobs and or professional license are on line.

NYC, Nassau and Suffolk counties in LI have serious problems with their child welfare agencies. Sadly it takes a child's death to light a fire under anyone, then you get plenty of activity but little changes; we know this because sure as night follows day there is another incident where a child is harmed or dies under their watch.

"Authorities said Suffolk County's Department of Social Services had investigated the Valva/Pollina family after child neglect petitions were filed in 2018. A judge ordered home supervision for a year and issued orders of protection for the parents to "refrain from harmful behaviors towards the children.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2020 12:38 PM

Give me a break R28, the mother is obviously a piece of shit too.

[quote]With a POS father like this — who was awarded custody — your focus is on the mother???

She hadn’t seen any of her kids in over two years. Regardless of who had primary custody, I’ve never heard of any parent, abusive or not, who wasn’t allowed even supervised visitation. Any aren’t who hasn’t seen their kids in over two years either does so because they have completely abrogated their support responsibilities, they are in jail, or they just don’t give a fuck.

As far as being a cop getting him special treatment in the family courts, she was also an officer in the CJ system, though on the penal end. I doubt that his employment was the sole deciding factor in who was awarded custody and regardless would not have negated the mother’s visitation rights.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote] Nurses, doctors, teachers and a few others are mandatory reporters of child abuse in NYS.

Ironically, so are police officers.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2020 12:53 PM

Social services did nothing because he is a cop.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote]Why didn’t someone do something? Aren’t teachers supposed to report suspected abuse?

A special ed teacher did make some report about the boys showing up to school hungry and how she was giving them food at times. It seems that the teacher's concerns/report were pushed under the rug by others.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2020 3:57 PM

Watch the dad's fiancee work out some plea deal to testify against him and get a reduced sentence.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote]Aren't cops kept in a protected area when they go to prison?

I think they are. Also, many prisons keep people convicted of child molestation, child abuse, and murdering children in protected areas.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] cops are kept in a protected area when they go to prison.

They are kept in solitary confinement, if they request it. There is no segregated section of a prison just for former cops. Either way, his life in prison will be one of hell 24/7. And that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2020 4:11 PM

So these two (Valva and Pollina) are responsible for two children deaths in a little over a week?

What the fuck.

I also agree that this piece of shit was just like Fotis Dulos and scared the shit out of everyone who’d challenge him.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2020 4:25 PM

Pollina has total psycho eyes.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2020 4:28 PM

R38, while it may come out that you’re right, there are plenty of people who lose custody to an abuser. Only 10 days prior I read she’d filed with the court again. She had reported his abuse in the prior custody case(s). As there’s still no negative reports around her, I’m inclined to believe she was painted as inciting conflict, being overprotective, and ultimately alienating. Even though the “science” is lacking and true cases typically are extreme, the court takes the allegation along with mom filing what they deem to be a “false” report (often without looking at evidence, or dismissing it) and label the “alienation” as “child abuse”, and hand the child over to the other parent/actual abuser.

It happens a lot more than you think, and the reason you don’t hear about it is because family court judges are protected more than any other judge, records are sealed, appeals are expensive and costs borne by someone who has already waged the initial battle, and even if overturned the judge is rarely disciplined. Even if they are, more states are sealing disciplinary records on these judges.

Watch Divorce Corp, and see below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote] but I didn't think about them abusing their kids. I knew two kids of different cops growing up and they were both verbally, mentally and psychically abused.

R8 then why didn't you think about it?

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2020 5:08 PM

R47, back in the mid-'90s [italic]20/20[/italic] featured the case of a teenager who had been raped and almost killed as a child by a psycho her no-account mother had been seeing. (He also murdered her younger sister and died in prison while awaiting execution.)

Her father succeeded in getting primary custody of her and her younger brother, but a family court judge ruled that they had to spend summers with their mother after the bitch went to court and whined about she was really a good person who loved her kids and was vilified in the press. The girl declared on TV that her mom was abusive and that she would defy the order, prompting the court to order police to be present to supervise the handover. In the face of all the media attention, however, the mother and her attorney backed off. The girl grew up to become a state trooper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2020 5:39 PM

If the mother Justyna in this case did nothing wrong during the custody proceedings/hearings and was wrongly kept away from her sons, I hope she is able to sue law enforcement and other agencies for doing nothing about the abuse and neglect.

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2020 6:39 PM

R1 The gofundme is gone. I wonder if the donors will be refunded. It raised 14k over 10k goal, according to the last Google cache shot of it before it was removed.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2020 6:43 PM

It raised $24,000?

WTF? Who would contribute to that?

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2020 7:04 PM

R52 people donated before the news broke he is why his son died.

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2020 7:10 PM

Ah, gotcha. Makes a little, but only a little, more sense now.

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2020 7:12 PM

R52 I'm guessing some of the dad's NYPD pals donated because he claimed that the death was accidental.

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2020 10:14 PM

His GoFundMe got many people to donate because he claimed his very young son suddenly died and he couldn’t afford the funeral costs and to bury him. Of course people are going to wanna hell when someone’s young child dies.

Issue is he didn’t think it would come out he was the cause.

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2020 10:18 PM

Please forgive me and explain if I’m being an insensitive asshole here, but I carry life insurance on my children for $10K each. They are under age 18, so the only purpose is to cover funeral costs.

When my dad died a few years ago it was admittedly a bit more than that (but by less than $5K), and excess paid for by family- and extras were at our discretion. Funnily enough, his parents (my grandparents) had taken out a Gerber Life policy (anyone remember those commercials?).

I guess what I don’t understand is why this is anyone else’s responsibility? Therefore ultimately why I don’t understand the Go Fund Me.....

by Anonymousreply 57January 27, 2020 5:14 AM

R57

Next to floods, famine, and healthcare the biggest thing on GoFundMe is funeral costs. Friends of that poor unfortunate soul who hanged himself in Central Park last year raised funds for is "final expenses" via GFM.

Not sure what provisions PBA/NYPD provide for life insurance that would cover minor dependent children. Of course Thomas Valva was free to take out his own coverage, but only he knows why that wasn't done.

by Anonymousreply 58January 27, 2020 5:24 AM

You know hi GFM got lots of donations specifically cause he’s a cop.

I’ve noticed lots of GFM try to play up how heroic the deadbeat parents are usually. Being a cop allows them to get away with it easier.

by Anonymousreply 59January 27, 2020 5:31 PM

Is that really what he looks like? He's a child murderer AND a pretty boy? Jesus, his ass is gonna get fucked harder than a whore during tax season. Shower time is gonna look like a Bound Gods shoot.

by Anonymousreply 60January 27, 2020 5:52 PM

Pretty? He’s basic

by Anonymousreply 61January 27, 2020 7:50 PM

“The very fact that they were now placed in her care in these circumstances suggests that she is viewed as a fit mother.”

Just as I thought: more family court corruption, and no one will be held accountable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote] I guess what I don’t understand is why this [funeral expense] is anyone else’s responsibility? Therefore ultimately why I don’t understand the Go Fund Me.....

It's not anyone else's responsibility. I donated once (felt pressured) to a Go Fund Me. Never again.

People who donate to Go Fund Me requests must also buy Lotto tickets.

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] Please forgive me and explain if I’m being an insensitive asshole here, but I carry life insurance on my children for $10K each. They are under age 18, so the only purpose is to cover funeral costs.

No one cares . Not everything is about you

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2020 8:38 PM

im sick to my stomach that the child protective services don't help these kids. cause the dad is a cop????? lock em all up and throw away the key!!!! they have blood on their hands !!!!! burn !!!!

by Anonymousreply 65February 1, 2020 10:41 PM

cops have so much power when it comes to abuse and shit like that. its corrupt nd horrible!! his fellow cops prob defend him, horrible

by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2020 10:51 PM

Daniel Levler, president of the Association of Municipal Employees 834 speaks out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 2, 2020 10:07 AM

Ny Daily News front oage 2/2/20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 2, 2020 11:13 PM

The cops, the children's service cunts and the piece of shit judge were all biased for the cop dad

Two and a half weeks after the death of Thomas Valva, allegedly at the hands of his NYPD father, a community remains in mourning with many unanswered questions.

Did systematic failures leave the little boy unprotected? CBS2’s Jennifer McLogan is investigating the case.

Thomas froze to death in his father Michael Valva’s garage. It was no secret the 8-year-old had been suffering. CBS2 obtained abuse complaint records and custody hearing transcripts. “Those judges seemed like they just didn’t care. CPS caseworkers also, they are extremely responsible for what happened to Tommy,” Zubko-Valva said.

From 2014-2019, 21 separate 911 calls were placed to Nassau County police from his Valley Stream home. In 2015, a contentious divorce battle began.

Court transcripts from 2017 show a judge admonishing the mother, Justyna Zubko-Valva, who was representing herself, as she desperately raised her hand saying, “He has failed to pick up our children 29 times.” “Stop talking,” the judge responded. The attorney for the children then said, “I believe it might be time for this court to make a change in custody.”

Zubko-Valva attempted to provide a flash drive of documented abuse, including children starving and accusations of physical abuse. Video and audio reveals Thomas saying, “Daddy said to me that I can’t listen to you and I can’t hug you and I can’t say ‘I love you mommy,’ and ‘I miss you mommy,'” the boy says, “Daddy’s going to put me outside.” The judge appears to wave away the flash drive, implying not at this time. “She’s not complied with any order,” said the judge, scolding Justyna for failure to bring the boys to court-appointed attorney and dragging her feet on a doctor’s evaluation.

In September 2017, the judge awarded temporary custody to Michael Valva. An order of protection was issued against Justyna without explanation or without being required an explanation.

“They did not have any evidence against me, so they would have claimed that I have mental illness, or that I am drinking, or I have erratic behavior,” Zubko-Valva said. She claims she was evaluated and cleared by her correction officer employer, with a neuropsychologist saying, “Justyna always puts the needs of children at forefront.” Still, the three sons moved in with Michael Valva and fiancee Angela Pollina.

From 2018-19, there were 20 calls from East Moriches teachers to child protection hotlines, both state and county, for missing school, a black eye, lacerations, hunger, visible dirt on the body, and urine-soaked clothing.

Michael Valva blamed it on playground mishaps. A special education teacher wrote “Not allowed to eat breakfast because they did not use their manners.” Five Suffolk County CPS caseworkers investigated a series of reports in 2019 and concluded the situation, “did not rise to level of immediate or impending danger of serious harm. No controlling interventions are necessary at this time.” “Judges and law guardians and CPS staff get a 10-minute window of opportunity to see what ‘s going on in that kid’s life and to make a decision that can be life or death,” said Dr. Jeffrey Reynolds of the Family and Children’s Association. Three judges from Nassau and Suffolk told CBS2 that since this is a pending criminal matter it is inappropriate to comment at this time. One has recused himself from future proceedings. Social services agencies say there were court-ordered home supervisions and mandated positive parenting programs. Both the Nassau and Suffolk legislatures will be holding hearings in the coming days to determine what changes are necessary in the Department of Social Services to protect vulnerable children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 4, 2020 5:23 PM

Due to budget cuts, we're doing welfare checks by Skype now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 4, 2020 5:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!