Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adam Schiff for President!

He just gave a great opening statement in the impeachment trial. Ok, maybe not for President, but he was very persuasive!

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2020 1:34 AM

Agree, OP. Schiff is extraordinarily talented in presenting a case. It's his sharp intellect and savvy presentation that scares tRump which is why tRump carries on obsessively about Schiff and Speaker Pelosi. tRump hates smart, intellectual people because he can't keep up so his defense is rude, name calling tweets. So fucking facile and basic like his MAGA supporters.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2020 7:02 PM

[italic]Facile[/italic] is an insult to facility.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2020 7:04 PM

I would be all for that.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2020 7:15 PM

R2

"Retarded" would excuse him from moral culpability.

Trump had nearly unlimited opportunities to develop critical thinking skills, accrue knowledge, and cultivate intellectual integrity.

He chose to be who he is unlike his throngs of followers who come from appallingly poor school systems since we base school funding on local property taxes.

He is willfully ignorant, boorish, and obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2020 7:34 PM

Adam Schiff for Speaker of the House after Nancy leaves of course.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2020 8:01 PM

I liked him when he was DA on Law and Order!

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2020 8:41 PM

“Take the deal and make it go away!” *clink clink* (ice cubes in scotch).

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2020 8:49 PM

I love Adam Schiff. I like that he's allowing his emotions to come through. He's mad as hell at these Republicunts, and he's not going to take it anymore. Controlling the emotions and the "we go high when they go low" is fine in theory, but these are serious times, and he's showing the public how dire the situation has become. He's booting the third rate GOP lawyers all around the room and calling them liars every chance he gets.

He and Pelosi have been fantastic at this awful time.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2020 10:28 PM

If Adam Schiff decided to run for president after the trial is over, I would jump on his bandwagon. Hell, I would be the horse that pulls the wagon. I am not sold on any of the current Democratic candidates; I don’t think any of them can beat Trump. Finally, a Democrat who is so well-grounded, I think he can pull in the entire party and a majority of Independents. Can he be drafted? Would he say “yes”?

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2020 3:58 AM

R6, you're confusing him with Stephanie March.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2020 4:08 AM

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2020 4:59 AM

My god, have you gays gone mad?! Schiff for president???

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2020 5:04 AM

[quote]tRump hates smart, intellectual people because he can't keep up

That's why he is always in a perpetual "Bring your daughter to work day" mode. Dragging Ivanka with him when he goes to these summits. He's incapable of understanding what everyone is talking about and needs Ivanka to (slowly and deliberately) explain it all to him.

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2020 6:00 AM

Holy shit r13, you think IVANKA understands these things? That fake titted, fake faced, “I got a serious haircut like the girl in Succession but now I’m growing it out for Davos, make sure to pack my powerful court heels” idiot understands political and economic movements and models?

I think you need to re-watch Christine LaGarde’s power eye roll again to see what everyone thinks of the Trump Whisperer and her pet husband.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2020 2:09 PM

R14, the LaGarde eye roll; and the Trudeau-led laughter at Trump later, were delicious relief from the idiocy of the Trump Administration.

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2020 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!