Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity teeth

Veneers, dentures, implants, or real? How can we tell?

And how long has this crazy veneer thing been going on? Did Marilyn Monroe or Joan Crawford have to have their teeth filed down too, or is that just over the last few decades that it has been a thing for stars?

And why would celebs with perfectly good teeth from the start (like Joan Jett, for example) mess around with them? I saw a video of someone in their 20s getting veneers, and it was terrifying, what happens to the real teeth, just for a false improvement... just frightening!!

I know there are some people that need it for practical reasons, but I am just talking about celebs here, why would they do it? And since they have enough money, why would they ever go for veneers anyway- why not implants? They allow for keeping some real teeth, and they don't require the nightmarish procedure that veneers do! I am just baffled that anyone would do it!

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2020 2:02 AM

Joan Jett had always had near-perfect teeth, as this picture from her youth shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2020 10:34 AM

...But then, in this video, her teeth are very different, and I'm wondering what could account for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2020 10:36 AM

People really need to learn how to take care of themselves, rather than change themselves. The goal should always be self-improvement and health, not self-mutilation.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2020 10:41 AM

Ben Affleck's original nibblet teeth were creepy so I'm glad he got veneers but most celebrities just look horse-like with them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2020 10:44 AM

r4- Exactly. It's so confusing why they would willingly do that to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2020 10:45 AM

A lovely smile must go with beautiful teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2020 10:49 AM

Veneers were sort of a 90's thing for white teeth. I knew a guy back then that had all the front ones done and he was only 29. I dont think they are popular as much as they once were. For one they look fake. Oversized and opaque. Real teeth are somewhat translucent, that's how you can tell.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Implants are not easy, and will run more than 5,000 a tooth. And usually not covered by insurance. But even when money is no object, they still wont do that. I am in the process of getting a back tooth done and it's like a year long process. They had to pull the cracked tooth, fill the hole with cadaver bone, stitch it up and wait 3 months to heal. Then they have to put in a metal post, and wait, then a cap, then a crown. And that's only if everything goes smoothly. Often times the roots go to far into the upper jaw and they have to do a sinus lift. And I think they cant do front ones very easily because the jaw bone there is very thin and fragile like an egg shell thickness.

Those commercial you see where they do the whole mouth in one day is BS. What those are is permanent dentures with a couple of posts. $20,000 later. But it's not an individual implant for each tooth.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Veneers look to perfectly matched and sawed off on the bottom.

Giant Chiclets

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Are you joking?

Even the most perfect teeth AGE--especially for smokers, druggers, and people with eating disorders.

They break down, they become thin and brittle, and then crack or shatter due to cavities.

Before fluoridated water, all people (on western diets) started to lose their teeth in their early 20s. Fluoridation has helped enormously, but teeth don't last a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2020 1:01 PM

r10- Are you joking with your "Are you joking?"?!

This is no joking matter, and clearly, no-one knows everything! That's why this thread was started.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2020 1:04 PM

I have to get a crown for a tooth where the nerve died but I wonder if I shouldn’t just pony up for an implant?

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Demi Moore at the dentist, at least she owns it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2020 1:11 PM

R12, I would just get the crown. The crown plus root canal will be like 1200. An implant will cost twice that--or more.

Plus, implants are REALLY invasive. It's always better to work with what you have first before resorting to implants.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2020 1:15 PM

Okay, but what about the rich stars who do it just for looks, isn't veneers like THE WORST way to go?!

Why don't they all just get the teeth inserts, like what Robin Williams wore as Mrs. Doubtfire? It looks real, and not permanent, removable, and no damage done to the real teeth.

In fact, how do we know they aren't mostly doing that? Maybe when the stars are accused of having veneers or dentures, they really just have the removable costume teeth? And if not, why the heck not? For those who are just doing the fake teeth for cosmetic reasons (most celebs), the Mrs. Doubtfire thing is much less scary!

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2020 1:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2020 1:26 PM

Implants to me are a last resort. I'm at the end of the process of getting one and it's taken over a year. The first bone graft failed and you don't get a refund on that, you have to pay again. The sinus lift is a PITA.

I'm actually getting 3 crowns on teeth that had huge cavities (90%) because I don't want to get in a situation where I'm forced to get another implant.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2020 1:33 PM

My dental implant was 4k, not 5k. That seems to be the going rate in the Dallas area.

But just a PSA, you have to make absolutely clear that you want in writing how much money it will cost from start to finish to walk out with an implant in your mouth, and additional quotes for complications that can arise in your given situation. Actually, any dental thing you agree too, get a serious estimate for before committing to it.

I went in for a root canal once and the dentist ended up needed to pull the tooth. Her assistant came in and said that an implant was just 2k! I was in pain and I was shocked and embarrassed about my tooth, and definitely anxious. Sort of perfect timing to deceive a patient. But I knew that was absolutely bullshit. I said "Oh really, $2k? I can have an implant in my mouth for $2k, then why am I having a root canal for $1,800?"

She continued to push this $2k thing and I asked the dentist to write up the contract saying exactly that and then the dentist declined, of course, saying 'well, yeah uh...there's an abutment you have to pay for, there's this there's that but the implant itself is $2k.' All told it's around 4k. Don't trust any dentist who says they can do it for dramatically less, not in the US anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2020 1:55 PM

My dental implant was 4k, not 5k. That seems to be the going rate in the Dallas area.

But just a PSA, you have to make absolutely clear that you want in writing how much money it will cost from start to finish to walk out with an implant in your mouth, and additional quotes for complications that can arise in your given situation. Actually, any dental thing you agree too, get a serious estimate for before committing to it.

I went in for a root canal once and the dentist ended up needed to pull the tooth. Her assistant came in and said that an implant was just 2k! I was in pain and I was shocked and embarrassed about my tooth, and definitely anxious. Sort of perfect timing to deceive a patient. But I knew that was absolutely bullshit. I said "Oh really, $2k? I can have an implant in my mouth for $2k, then why am I having a root canal for $1,800?"

She continued to push this $2k thing and I asked the dentist to write up the contract saying exactly that and then the dentist declined, of course, saying 'well, yeah uh...there's an abutment you have to pay for, there's this there's that but the implant itself is $2k.' All told it's around 4k. Don't trust any dentist who says they can do it for dramatically less, not in the US anyway.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Sorry for the double post

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2020 1:57 PM

Tina bring me the teeth !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2020 3:45 PM

Mrs. Doubtfire was wearing dentures.

Those kind are held in by glue, often "pop" out.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2020 4:49 PM

By the way, this goes way back. I remember reading (years ago) that one of the first things they did to Judy Garland when she was signed to the studio was cap her teeth. ("Caps" are veneers.) I suspect most stars had them done.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2020 4:52 PM

I'll stop posting, since I've posted three in a row.

You didn't mention bridgework, but you can usually hear if a person is wearing a bridge--they have a bit of a whistle sound to their speech.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]Mrs. Doubtfire was wearing dentures. Those kind are held in by glue, often "pop" out.

Sure, but Robin Williams put the dentures over his real teeth, and it didn't harm his real teeth. That begs the question why more celebs don't do that, instead of shave their teeth down, like with veneers (leaving their real teeth looking like shark teeth)?

R23- But, I just wonder if the procedure from back in Garland's day would have given her shark teeth too? Or, was it not as drastic back then?

Here's what it generally (from my understanding) looks like these days, and it's horrifying...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2020 6:21 PM

^^^It's frightening that anyone would have their real teeth filed down like that!! And unfathomable that any celeb would do it, but they do, and it is a nightmarish thought!

They should all just do the snap-on veneers! They are safe, removable, do the job cosmetically, and don't destroy your body!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Maybe some of the celebs who do it have ruined their OG teeth thru meth use or purging? So, why not file them down and glue those horse chompers in.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2020 6:27 PM

Tom Hiddleston got his teeth done early in his career. Huge difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2020 6:32 PM

Toothy Tom today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2020 6:32 PM

This guy has good teeth. Just wanted them straighter and whiter, so went with the snap-on veneers. Smart dude, for not filing his teeth down.

I hope to God that some celebs are smart enough to do this, rather than the shark teeth thing. I hope Faye Dunaway and Joan Jett did the snap-ons. I'd hate to think of those beauties destroying their natural teeth, voluntarily!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2020 6:34 PM

R24 That is because they weren't fitted correctly. Also if they are not fitted correctly you can have a little bit of a lisp.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2020 6:39 PM

And there's a health-reason for the snap-ons too. Beyond cosmetology, wouldn't they protect against cavities and tooth grinding? Seems like it.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2020 6:41 PM

R31, yeah, that, too. I haven't heard it for years, but when I was in catholic high school, it seemed like nearly all the teachers (they were ALL OLD) had those speech idiosyncrasies that I associate with bridgework.

R25, because dentures (and fake veneers) fall out all the time. Do you remember in the 80's seeing commercials for denture adhesive? If you're a big movie star, and your dentures fall out while you're eating at a fancy restaurant, can you imagine how embarrassing that would be? Also, people with dentures have to be careful in the way that they speak, sometimes their words come out garbled. Then they have to soak the dentures every night (otherwise they start to smell). Who wants to deal with that?

Look, someone wrote an article about it--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2020 7:35 PM

My father had perfectly straight and strong teeth his entire life. He grew up on a farm in rural Europe where there was a traveling dentist who’d pass through the town once a month. They brushed their teeth with wood ash, I shit you not. He ate farm fresh food and milk, and barely any sugar.

That man never had a cavity until middle age, after he’d been in the US for 20 years.

They were yellowed by decades of smoking and coffee, though. But when he was younger, they were white, too.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2020 7:45 PM

R34, what part of Europe?

There are places where there is naturally occurring fluoride in the water. Before science, people were "known" to have better teeth there, but no one knew why. (Also, places where they drink green tea.)

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2020 7:49 PM

r35- Green tea is good for teeth? Thanks, I'll try to remember that!

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2020 7:58 PM

Totally agree OP. This whole veneer thing has been a revelation to me - as a 49 year old in NYC. Seems really twisted and unhealthy. Maybe for 2-3% of the population who have horrible, disfigured or destroyed teeth. But shocked that this is considered like the new whitening.

It’s like finding out after moving to NYC that in fact there wasn’t a hugely disproportionate number of women with blond hair in Manhattan - it was just that most women dyed their hair blond. Or that most gay men in Chelsea weren’t hairless naturally - but actually shaved it off regularly.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2020 8:01 PM

R36, it has naturally occurring fluoride. Though I'm not sure if it's more than your local municipal water.

Green tea is great for so many reasons, too.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2020 8:04 PM

95% of Hollywood has veneers, caps, crowns. You name it. It has always been this way as well. Cosmetic dentistry goes way back in the film industry as does plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2020 8:09 PM

R 12: Absolutely not . Just make sure you see an extremely good dentist, which I’m sure you already have.

I’ve had several crowns and they have been fine. The only wrinkle is that I was not as particulars as I am now, and the crown was not as aesthetically pleasing as it could have been.

Years later, the tooth cracked with the crown and I’m still waiting for the implant. In the meantime, that empty space caused the adjacent tooth to crack.

I trusted the periodontist who pulled tooth #1, thinking he would recommend the implant as soon as I was healed. NO. He didn’t.

Sorry for the lengthy post

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2020 8:11 PM

r33- I really appreciate that article on Judy Garland. That answers my question: the old Hollywood stars wore snap-on veneers, not the new insanity of filing the actual teeth down. Good to know!

I guess this new fad is just that- a new fad. Hopefully, the stars go back to the old way of just wearing the snap-ons though.

r39- Yes, I know, but as the article in r33 points out, the first veneers were removable snap-ons, not this horrid teeth-shaving business! I think this new thing just proves that the world has gone increasingly nutty, and it's like the new body modification a la tattoos and piercings gone amok!

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2020 8:13 PM

You can still get caps OP. That's what they did before veneers. They grind down all your teeth to numbs, the glue a permanent replacement on top on each tooth. A LOT less invasive than implants that need to go into the jaw bone.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2020 8:48 PM

You girls are slipping. Something About Mary did a rif on this idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2020 8:50 PM

I wear dentures. I am only middle aged. I went the implant route and they were extremely expensive. Half of the implants failed. If you do go with implants, know that it's not a guarantee and you might have to pay a lot of money down the road. My implants lasted less than a year and there wasn't a warranty. I've paid out the ass for my teeth for years. I've had all kinds of things done, I've even had bones of a cadaver implanted in my jaw. This last year is when I finally gave up and got dentures. It hasn't been fun, but for those of you going through something having to do with failing teeth, you are not alone!

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2020 8:56 PM

r44- Awe, I am so sorry you've had to go through all that!! 😥

Thank you for the word of warning to others though. Bless you!! 💙

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote] teeth don't last a lifetime.

They do if you take care of them. That should be your goal, not oh well I'll just get dentures.

That's the problem. I know people who are in their 40's dont need dentures but talk as if it's going to be a natural progression like losing your hair. It's not, it dose not have to be that way. Both my parents had their teeth when they died. But they kept on top of dental visits throughout their life. No special diets or anything other than brush and floss every day.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2020 9:18 PM

The problem is that here in america, dental insurance is hard to come by. If you can keep dental insurance all the years of your adult life and stay on top of all of those cleanings and such, you should be fine. But dental insurance does not cover the big stuff. And once a few teeth start to go. They all go.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Cavaties spread believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote] That's the problem. I know people who are in their 40's dont need dentures but talk as if it's going to be a natural progression like losing your hair. It's not, it dose not have to be that way. Both my parents had their teeth when they died. But they kept on top of dental visits throughout their life. No special diets or anything other than brush and floss every day.

I used to believe this, too.

The thing is that dental cleanings and good habits keep cavities to a minimum (or maybe, no cavities at all). But the enamel of your teeth is thinning every year: you only start with something like 400 microns of enamel on your adult teeth, and it doesn't grow back. The enamel of the entire surface thins over time, even if you don't have the catastrophic failure of a cavity.

That said, there are people here and there who are genetically blessed with stronger enamel than others. It's not the normal thing.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2020 9:48 PM

The failure rate of dental implants is between 5% - 10%. I went through sinus lift, bone graft and dental implants. I neglected my teeth and that is why I needed implants. I'm diligent about brushing, flossing and using a waterpik as if my implants were my real teeth. If I had it all to do over again I would have taken care of my teeth because nothing beats what mother nature gave you.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2020 9:53 PM

I think the failure rate of implant is different from those that are in the front versus those in the back. All my front ones have failed. It's not uncommon at all for the front to fail.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2020 10:18 PM

Apparently as one ages your teeth kind of sink inward...I didn't know this and veneers are supposed prop them up and make you look younger.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2020 10:20 PM

Veneers create that weird teeth licking effect some celebs adopt. And the gum chewing, all to counteract the dry mouth a full set of veneers creates.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2020 10:28 PM

I think that is individualized R52. For some it can cause the teeth to move forward.

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2020 10:38 PM

Her teeth are too big for her mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2020 11:24 PM

One thing about it, when you get older and your face starts to sag, your top teeth aren't very visible. Silver lining.

Look at the old men talking on the news channels, all you can see is their bottom teeth when they talk. Oddly, it seems that the older they get the more some of the bottom teeth sort of fuse together, have you noticed that?

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2020 3:32 AM

[quote] the first things they did to Judy Garland when she was signed to the studio was cap her teeth. ("Caps" are veneers.)

She had a removable set of veneers that she could pop in and out.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2020 3:51 AM

You must really HATE your original teeth to do this to yourself. Nobody should get their teeth shaved down just because of a few minor flaws like gaps or not perfectly straight incisors. Oftentimes they even make a smile more interesting and endearing. See people like Madonna, Johnny Depp (before the gold teeth), Leonardo DiCaprio, or Dakota Johnson before she had that gap closed.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2020 4:10 AM

Charlie Sheen most likely has those pop out veneers or whatever alternative teeth since the photo here is really nasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2020 4:13 AM

[quote]If you can keep dental insurance all the years of your adult life and stay on top of all of those cleanings and such, you should be fine. But dental insurance does not cover the big stuff. And once a few teeth start to go. They all go.

In a perfect world sure but you cant blame lack of insurance for bad teeth. Even if you are low income you can go to a dental school and get cleanings and even fillings done for free. And no they do not all go once you get a cavity. They are not dominoes. But if you let them go like a bad apple in a fruit barrel and fail to deal with the problem than sure over time they will affect the other teeth.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2020 4:34 AM

Oh god.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote]But just a PSA, you have to make absolutely clear that you want in writing how much money it will cost from start to finish to walk out with an implant in your mouth, and additional quotes for complications that can arise in your given situation. Actually, any dental thing you agree too, get a serious estimate for before committing to it.

I am just jumping in to say that this is the GREATEST ADVICE to give anyone that everyone should follow. I got checked in the face with a hockey stick as a teen and broke a tooth. Every few years I have to get it replaced. Unless you confirm the price beforehand, dentists will charge you insane amounts of money if they can. Dental insurance isn't that expensive but when you need it, you really need it. Many non-group dental plans have waiting periods. It's best to get one and forget about it or just stick with the one you can get from your job.

[quote]Even if you are low income you can go to a dental school and get cleanings and even fillings done for free. And no they do not all go once you get a cavity.

Over a decade ago I was unemployed and went to a dental school and they ruined me. They stuck a core all the way up to my nerve and I was in pain for three days before I went a normal dentist (thanks mom and dad) and they told me. They gave me antibiotics. They pulled the core out and replaced it. Within a day I was fine. Within two days my face was back to normal. Dental schools are just that: schools. Read reviews of any school that you want to go to if you must go to one. Otherwise keep up on your cleanings and try and save money in case you break a tooth by accident.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2020 5:13 AM

I could never kiss a man with dentures. Yech, they'd fall out and it's be gross. I guess once you've given up sex it's OK though.

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2020 5:16 AM

r60

Dental schools aren't common nor cheap. For instance in Chicago there were FIVE dental schools. Now there is only one, University of Illinois (Circle Campus).

And it isn't free. The cost of the school is about 80% of what you pay to a commercial dentist. AND it will take about three months to six months for a root canal for example.

Teeth should be covered by medical insurance, I remember in 1995, my medical insurance still included root canals and dental surgery. I don't know how they got dental, feet and eyes excluded from medical insurance, but they did. The only reason for the exclusion is the cost. But if they will pay for sex changes and for fake breasts, they should pay for replacement teeth which are just as unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2020 5:18 AM

Maybe that's just where you live R64. I got a root canal the same day my dentist told me I needed one ASAP to stop the pain. 2 Dental schools in LA are USC and UCLA. The root canal was totally free and done my an upper term grad. I had to wait 2 hours before they saw me but still same day. But then I am not making a lot of money. In that case it's better to go to a regular dentist for faster service.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2020 5:36 AM

[quote]I could never kiss a man with dentures.

You dont have to. In prison the guys with no teeth left don't leave scrape marks on your dick.

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2020 5:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2020 5:39 AM

Never realized Miley Cyrus's teeth made such a transformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2020 5:41 AM

Ben Affleck. Major transformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2020 5:43 AM

You are all making me thankful the last time I went to the dentist they said I had amazingly straight teeth. And in perfect axis whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2020 5:46 AM

r70- And you're making us jealous! Good for you, though. Take care of your teeth, and always share a smile with others (it's the least you can do, you lucky dog!).

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2020 6:02 AM

What did Cher have done to her teeth?

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2020 6:05 AM

If it makes you feel better R71, my teeth are very straight, but almost every single one has been drilled at some point with a filling. And fillings have to be replaced over time.

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2020 6:08 AM

r71- Awe, well near-perfection is still great! Really, I'm happy for you and just wish more people would take better care of what they've got, instead of mutilating themselves unnecessarily. A lot of problems stem from not learning how to brush properly early in life. People can say brush 2 to 3 times a day, but they fail to properly show HOW- and that's important, as brushing too hard can lead to receding gums, damaged enamel, etc.

This girl gets my vote as having the best natural teeth I've probably ever seen on anyone- star or not!

Really tragic, if she had them sawed away by the stupid veneer procedure. She was mega-blessed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2020 6:15 AM

What didn't Cher have done?

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2020 12:05 PM

Fawn Wells and Lucy O'Ball both wore cosmetic veneers on their shoes.

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2020 1:01 PM

Please floss.

If you take nothing else from this thread, please floss.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2020 1:42 PM

Fixing crooked teeth with braces/Invisalign is fine and makes sense. Chipping away your teeth permanently to make them whiter is just stupid - unless you’re an actor. Which tbh.....

by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2020 6:33 PM

r78- Nah, it's stupid whether you're an actor or a guy working a regular job. It'a stupid no matter who you are. The whole procedure should be made illegal, as it exploits people's mental health issues, allowing those with low sense of self to irreversibly harm themselves for nothing but vanity. It's the stuff of nightmares. I'm surprised more people aren't freaked out by it!

This really makes me look at celebs a lot differently, if this sort of thing is what's common for them. On the bright side, it has given me a profound appreciation for what's real and natural. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2020 7:48 PM

I have 3 friends who have veneers. Two are insane.

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2020 7:51 PM

Good point R80 - let’s hear stories about people with veneers. I’m really curious who does this. Is it mostly actors ? Or is this a WeHo, Miami gay millennial thing? It seemed from another thread that it was common. I don’t know anyone. But then I live in NY not LA.

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2020 7:54 PM

My one friend is/was a TV reporter and had tetracycline as a child so his teeth were sort grayish - he is certifiable and very entertaining to hang out with. My other friend is a lot of fun but he is a drunk and a total nut, he got veneers and got drunk and got in a scooter accident and had to get new ones! Their teeth look rather fake. Too white, too big.

My other friend is kind of normal, not sure what his original teeth looked like but his brother is a dentist. His look good.

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2020 8:00 PM

This thread could use more veneer prep pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2020 2:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!