Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Creamy Salsa Chicken"

I went to a relative's house over the weekend and she had made "Creamy Salsa Chicken" in her new Instant Pot.

I'd never heard of it, but apparently it's a beginner's meal in the Instant Pot because it has three ingredients: raw chicken, salsa and a brick of cream cheese.

It was as vile as it sounds -- the pressure cooker had overboiled/exploded the chicken, and the salsa had dissolved into water with clots of cream cheese bobbing around in it. It looked like this picture but even more disgusting.

There are dozens of recipes online. Am I the only person who had never heard of "creamy salsa chicken"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2020 9:55 PM

I've seen less vile offerings on the streets of New York City on Sunday morning on my way to "church".

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2020 8:26 PM

[quote] Am I the only person who had never heard of "creamy salsa chicken"?

You said yourself that its a beginner recipe for InstaPot users. So why do you imagine you’re ”the only person who had never heard of ’creamy salsa chicken?”’Are you imagining that this is some sort of authentic cuisine?

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]it has three ingredients: raw chicken, salsa [bold]and a brick of cream cheese[/bold].

Ughhh. Die !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2020 8:37 PM

Remember when DL had its very own InstaPot shill troll?

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2020 8:38 PM

Add a skosh of grenadine and some half-chewed wiener/bun, and you'll have the Lucky Dog+Hurricane vomit, the French Quarter treat.©

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2020 8:42 PM

Yeah, no way I'm eating that. It looks like hunks of tofu floating in it. Explain to me how this is "creamy"?

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2020 8:43 PM

This is more what it looked like, I guess, with the nubs of cream cheese floating like cotija. It wasn't creamy at all.

I appreciate that this home chef made it "pretty" with parsley sprinkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2020 8:51 PM

Did she forget to cut up the cream cheese?

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2020 8:53 PM

We have found that the Instant Pot is only good for cooking the ingredients which would take a long time to cook otherwise. Dry beans, whole chicken, etc. It's great for that because it speeds up the cooking time dramatically. However it also looks all the flavor out. Even the seasonings are gone. It's not useful for cooking a complete meal all in the pot. So we use it to cook the main ingredients, then cook up the sauce or gravy or other seasoning or coating separately. Then we don't lose the flavors due to them being pressure cooked away.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2020 8:57 PM

You're a cunt OP. If you had any kind of integrity you'd acknowledge the meal wasn't great, be appreciative you were invited for dinner and understand not everyone is wonderful in the kitchen and be quiet about it.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2020 9:05 PM

R10=OP's relative w/instant pot

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2020 9:15 PM

Shriek! That fraus' dinner was disgusting! I'm going to go on DL and tell everyone!

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2020 9:18 PM

OP, what wine did you pair with that meal, Thunderbird?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2020 9:19 PM

It looks as if she used paneer, rather than cream cheese.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2020 9:22 PM

I made a baked chicken dish once that included salsa verde and sour cream. The salsa verde mixed with the sour cream and made a creamy sauce that kept the chicken moist.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2020 9:25 PM

I clicked on this thread because Creamy Salsa Chicken sounds good, if properly made, not just dumping the ingredients in an "Insta pot" (what is it anyway? A pressure cooker?) Your cousin sounds like a horrible cook who thought the gadget could miraculously make a delicious meal with no effort and few ingredients, just toss it all in! WRONG. S/he's just a horrible/lazy "cook."

This recipe would probably cause conniption fits to rival Miss Lindsey's if s/he tried to make it. It's jes so mahch wehk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2020 9:53 PM

Yuck

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2020 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!