Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is this DL error message about?

It pops up every 15 seconds.

{"error":{"statusCode":500,"message":"Internal Server Error"}}

by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2020 9:55 PM

Only ugly fat trolls get this error message.

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2020 7:27 PM

I got it, R1 :(

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2020 7:29 PM

You're getting this because you have stale cookies in your browser, that's screwing up your communication to the web server and it throws a 50x series message.

In this case, go into your browser's setting, likely it's labeled as "privacy" and delete all your existing web cache and cookies. Then open a new tab to DL.

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2020 7:30 PM

Thanks, R3

See, I'm not an ugly fat troll, R1!

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2020 7:34 PM

Actually, it's a bug in DL's code that has to do with how it's handling link previews. Until they get it fixed, you should probably turn off link previews.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2020 7:37 PM

[QUOTE] In this case, go into your browser's setting, likely it's labeled as "privacy" and delete all your existing web cache and cookies. Then open a new tab to DL.

I’m not doing all of that shit. DL better find another way to fix this problem. No other sites need me to delete my goddamn browsing history just to function properly.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2020 7:38 PM

Haha no other sites. It's like basic website procedure 101. If you ever call up help desk support for any major commercial website that's the first, most basic thing they will tell you. It's like resetting and powering on and off.

Seriously, it takes 2 seconds. Ctrl+Shift+Delete. Clear it all out. Close it down and open it up again. DUH!

Or you could download a new browser like Opera and it would be free of cookies. The problem actually has gone away, just your stupid cluttered browser is full of the page when it was broken so it will always show that way until you clean it. 😂"They better fix it!" They already have!

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2020 7:44 PM

Thanks R3

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2020 7:51 PM

Don't do what r3 suggests, it will just clear your cookies for accessing DL.

It's the website. A 500 error is an internal server error. It's not a local issue. They have problems with link previews every few days, this one is just more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2020 8:01 PM

Turn off Link Previews under settings and it will stop.

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2020 8:02 PM

We are being retaliabated against!

by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2020 8:09 PM

[quote] Don't do what [R3] suggests, it will just clear your cookies for accessing DL

DL no longer uses cookies to allow you access and posting privileges, since the registration requirement. I've had to delete my cookies since I registered and once I logged back into DL I could post again immediately.

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2020 8:18 PM

Datalounge is the only place on the internet I've ever been that is clearing cookies is the answer to all of life's problems.

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2020 8:25 PM

Typical DLer, smelling cookies even when they are not there.

by Anonymousreply 14January 4, 2020 8:29 PM

Clearing cookies didn’t work. Turning off previews did. Hope this problem is temporary.

by Anonymousreply 15January 4, 2020 8:29 PM

clearing the cache and coockies didn't work!

by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2020 8:32 PM

Joan has had enough of these error messages and called Datalounge headquarters to give them a piece of her mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 4, 2020 8:34 PM

It means you're going to die, OP.

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 18January 4, 2020 9:05 PM

You were warned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 4, 2020 9:13 PM

I want to speak with the manager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2020 10:06 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search before you posted this? Would it? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2020 10:14 PM

What's a Link Preview and if deleted what will I miss?

by Anonymousreply 22January 4, 2020 10:33 PM

I've been clicking OK each time it pops up.

by Anonymousreply 23January 4, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote] What's a Link Preview and if deleted what will I miss?

The link previews are the video and photo frames that show up in a post instead of just a url. Turning off the link previews will replace those frames with the actual URLs for you to click on.

Turn off the previews by clicking the settings cog at the top of DL (sort of in the middle).

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2020 10:38 PM

R24 the only things I see at top of page are a Magnifying Glass, and Bell. No "Settings Cog" in middle of page.

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2020 10:43 PM

[quote]I've been clicking OK each time it pops up.

EVERY time it pops up??? God, you're such an insatiable whore.

by Anonymousreply 26January 4, 2020 10:44 PM

R25, you don't have this strip at the top of your page? Are you on a computer or a smart phone? If you're on a phone click the hamburger icon at the top right (the 3 horizontal lines). Then you'll see the "settings/permissions" listing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2020 11:15 PM

R27 I'm on a laptop. Clicking the Three Bars I get "Recent, Active,Watched" messages..

by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2020 11:48 PM

Chinese convicts program Datalounge seconds before they die.

by Anonymousreply 29January 4, 2020 11:51 PM

Sorry r28 I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen the hamburger icon appear on a browser on a PC/laptop, just on a smart phone. What browser are you using? Is this a Windows laptop or an Apple product. Can't tell you anything if it's a Mac as I'm not experienced with them.

by Anonymousreply 30January 5, 2020 12:14 AM

Ok so I have Opera Mini on my phone and don't have any issues with it?

Is it because it's a European browser?

by Anonymousreply 31January 5, 2020 12:18 AM

The owners of DL do this shit on purpose just to irritate you guys. It’s owned by a bunch of sadistic queens who get off watching the loser Saturday night crowd (myself included) sit on Datalounge. Actually, they don’t even watch. They just flip the switch and go laughing out the door.

by Anonymousreply 32January 5, 2020 12:23 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 33January 5, 2020 2:21 PM

Muriel's gonna have a shitload of threads on this identical topic to delete.

by Anonymousreply 34January 5, 2020 2:22 PM

Quds Force cyberattack.

by Anonymousreply 35January 5, 2020 4:15 PM

Muriel must be on vacay spending all the money from subscriptions on booze and dope.

by Anonymousreply 36January 5, 2020 9:01 PM

I'm sorry , there is no such place as San Francisco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 5, 2020 9:11 PM

The error issue has apparently been fixed. All is good again.

by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2020 9:31 PM

It's the way to say FUCK YOU in code.

by Anonymousreply 39January 5, 2020 10:14 PM

R39 Oh no. Fuck you codes are 400 series, often with accompanying text in elaborate prose. 500s are communication errors.

by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2020 3:08 AM

500 aren't communication errors, they are server side errors.

by Anonymousreply 41January 6, 2020 3:09 AM

R41 Bitch please, learn to read RFC7231 before you vomit on your keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 42January 6, 2020 3:19 AM

R41 that's what they want you to believe.

by Anonymousreply 43January 6, 2020 3:30 AM

r42 error code 500 is literally called "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR". Nice try with the RFC, but you don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 44January 6, 2020 8:53 PM

"The error issue has apparently been fixed. All is good again."

Of course it's fixed now, on Monday afternoon. Do you honestly think that cheap bitch Muriel is going to call in one her minions on Sunday at double time and a half to fix a comparatively minor problem.

She may be a cheap whore, but Muriel ain't stooopid.

by Anonymousreply 45January 6, 2020 8:58 PM

R44 No of course, I don't. I've just contributed to multiple ones. Certainly not the April Fool's RFCs, but a number of others over the year. You're a twatwaffle. That you don't know how to read technical documentation just means you're not an engineer.

by Anonymousreply 46January 6, 2020 9:16 PM

r46 you don't seem to know what you are talking about, yet you state it so belligerently.

Here's the text FROM THE VERY RFC YOU NAME:

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 500 Internal Server Error server error response code indicates that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

It is a _SERVER SIDE ERROR_, as I said. _ALL_ of the 500 series errors are _SERVER SIDE ERRORS_. These are not mere "communication errors"

Here's more from the RFC, since you clearly haven't read it in awhile:

6.6. Server Error 5xx

The 5xx (Server Error) class of status code indicates that the server is aware that it has erred or is incapable of performing the requested method. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server SHOULD send a representation containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 6, 2020 9:22 PM

R47 Do you actually have any technical knowledge, or is your computer skill limited to belligerence and cut and paste? I've never had an engineer who had so little actual knowledge as you.

by Anonymousreply 48January 6, 2020 9:53 PM

r48 ok, you're clearly just trolling now.

Learn to admit when you are wrong, and you won't be as embarrassed in the future.

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2020 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!