Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane: Celebrity Cruises' new ship becomes dreamlike wonderland in psychedelic TV spot

What do your think of Grace Slick singing the drug anthem "White Rabbit" to promote getting away from it all on the high seas?

Grace's hauntingly beautiful voice still mesmerizes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 3:48 PM

One of the great songs of the '60s. Grace Slick is timeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2020 3:42 AM

I LOVE GRACE SLICK! She's the best.

warts and all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2020 3:43 AM

I though the Linda Ronstadt documentary was wonderful but why must they rewrite history? They kept saying in the advertisements for the show that Linda was "the first female rock star" as if Grace Slick never existed.

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2020 3:48 AM

Great song but it doesn’t fit with the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2020 3:55 AM

Rather bold of the cruise ship line to use this song, but I love it and love the song. Very creative of the ad agency that came up with the idea.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2020 4:02 AM

R3. I like Linda Ronstadt, but she was not the first rock star. You're right, Grace Slick came before Linda. There was also another first: the late great Janis Joplin.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2020 4:19 AM

Feed your head. Feed your heaaaaaaaad.

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2020 4:42 AM

It's interesting that there's suddenly a spate of commercials using songs from the 60s. They still top anything current.

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2020 5:14 AM

Grace is 80 now. Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2020 5:52 AM

Unlike Ronstadt, Grace also wrote her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2020 6:37 AM

Cruise ships and psychedelic drugs don't mix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2020 7:19 AM

It saddens me to see so many Rock/R&B classics being used to sell snake oil. Michael Jackson owned a vast music catalogue at one time, is it his estate that is leasing these song rights to advertisers?

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2020 1:23 PM

At least they didn’t use Built This City?

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 1:32 PM

Using "White Rabbit" to hawk a cruise ship? Revolting.

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2020 1:35 PM

OP is worse than Hitler and a Celebrity Cruises ship full of Coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2020 1:47 PM

Grace is laughing all the way to the bank every time she sees that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2020 1:59 PM

I'm never going on a Celebrity Cruise again. 🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2020 2:17 PM

Rememberrrrrrrrrrr what the Dormouse says......Feed your head....feed your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the guitar in this song. I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2020 2:27 PM

My mother was a hippie. She says when this song came out it was so different from the average rock and roll, that it was like, hypnotic...

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] Great song but it doesn’t fit with the commercial.

Exactly. I always think of "Go Ask Alice" as a drug song. I know people say it's isn't or whatever, but I grew up in the 70's and EVERYONE at that time associated this song with DRUGS

So to see this commercial for a cruise with the song about drugs is like, WTF? And it always on. I wonder if they are on drugs over at the cruise line. Who okayed this ad?

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 2:33 PM

They edited the song to death. I want to hear the whole thing.....And I want my cruise line to eschew psychedelics, please. Coronavirus is bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 2:36 PM

Using a song about hallucinogenic drugs to promote a cruise line makes as much sense as using a song about heroin, I guess...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 2:38 PM

Well, it's an Alice in Wonderland theme and the song uses a lot of imagery from that book, so it makes sense.

Otherwise you have to create or pick another song that would go with Alice in Wonderland. One is already available. And I'm sure Disney wouldn't loan out anything from the movie because they have their own cruise line.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote]Cruise ships and psychedelic drugs don't mix.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

What's the next cruise commercial going to use?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!