Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vintage Ads - Health and Wellness

If Mommy isn't feeling well, why, just fix her up with a few Miltowns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2020 12:53 PM

My pronouns are him, he, and "fleshy people."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2020 10:21 PM

Someone had to post it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2020 10:30 PM

Pick up some Baby Gays while you're out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2020 10:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2020 10:43 PM

Mary and her friend look a bit butch, don't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Clean that cunt out with Lysol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2020 11:09 PM

Another family destroyed by an undouched vag:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2020 11:11 PM

Finally, we have a solution for Cheryl. Lysol!

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2020 11:11 PM

Notice how Daddy never has to dip his smelly, STD covered dick in Lysol.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2020 11:12 PM

Lysol was also advertised as birth control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2020 11:17 PM

Charles Atlas made weaklings into huskies and he-men!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2020 11:32 PM

Good news! The tapeworms are now sanitized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2020 11:51 PM

^^Then you simply lure the worm out of your mouth with a piece of hamburger and get pulling on that sucker until all nine yards have been extricated. I’m surprised Goop isn’t selling organic non GMO tapeworm eggs.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2020 12:02 AM

Sometimes being gay really IS a choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2020 12:21 AM

WARNING: Do not apply directly to your peter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2020 12:36 AM

"It's no substitute for a week in Bermuda ..."

But if you've taken a few Miltowns, you could be vacationing in a Superfund site and enjoy it just as much!

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2020 12:43 AM

[R16] what does a miltown feel like?

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2020 1:02 AM

Diethylstilbestrol (DES), a synthetic form of the hormone estrogen, for just about everything:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2020 1:04 AM

Miltown (a.k.a. Equanil) was essentially the same drug as Soma, the muscle relaxer. Euphoric as hell. Made me want to "drunk dial" my best friends and share my love. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2020 1:13 AM

Milady needs her JITTERY NERVES calmed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2020 1:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2020 3:40 AM

Anyone have the old safe sex pamphlets they used to hand out at the bathhouses?

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2020 4:22 AM

like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2020 4:55 AM

R4 and OP

Those adverts (and sedatives they promoted) lead to Rolling Stones famous song Mother's Little Helper.

That little ditty took the piss out of scores if not hundreds (or thousands) of otherwise healthy women being handed out sedatives as if they were candy.

As deaths and other collateral damage began mounting up (overdoes intentional or otherwise, accidents caused by being under influence) , not to mention meprobamate (Miltown) is highly addictive lead to some changes.

Meprobamate/Miltown was pushed out of favor by benzodiazepines (temazepam, alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam , etc... (often prescribed for same reasons), but soon it became apparent same problems were coming back. You can still get Miltown though not many physicians will write a script. Ditto now for Valium or Xanax other than very small amounts.

Then there was the grand daddy of them all methaqualone (commonly known under brand name Quaalude) that caused so much trouble it was withdrawn from US market in 1982, and made a Schedule I drug two years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2020 5:00 AM

It IS telling that almost every single ad was aimed at a MAN telling him why it was good for his wife to be on this or that drug.

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2020 5:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2020 5:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2020 5:12 AM

Where can I get some of those Miltowns? I like how advertising used to have friendly paragraphs to read.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2020 5:14 AM

This child's life may depend on the safety of thalidomide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2020 5:19 AM

R25

Men (and thus medical science) long have been mystified by females. Once a month a woman goes through hormonal changes that men just don't have a clue about. Then there are same changes brought about during and after pregnancy. Things got (or get) more confusing when women go through menopause.

Good ole medicine doing what it does best comes up with pills or whatever that will make said women easier to live with; this I suppose was a better option than having them put away in mental asylums.

Of course large amounts of what bothered women had nothing to do with their hormones; but their assigned lot in life. Ms. Betty Friedan blew those doors wide open with her book "The Feminine Mystique".

Men and even mothers or friends of women kept asking them "what exactly is your problem?". "You have a nice house, lovely children, don't I buy you every thing you want...?" "Haven't I worked my ass off for you...?" Turns out for many women their assigned lot in life; housewife and mother, just wasn't enough. That was causing all the mental issues; not physical aliments.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2020 5:23 AM

R29

Thalidomide was one of the darkest and cruel things medical/pharmaceutical science did to women and unborn children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2020 5:25 AM

Dexedrine — for those pesky vegetable patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2020 5:35 AM

"Don't let daddy lick me again!"

There's just so, so much going on in this Fletcher's Castoria ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2020 5:54 AM

Jesus.

Speaking of miracle cures, I think about an hour of looking at ads like this would cure anyone suffering from the whole "those were the days" nostalgia kick.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2020 6:08 AM

I remember, about 1975, hearing my mother on the phone talking to her friend about getting together for “Valium, Gallo, and Merits”. It sounded so fun and still does, except I’d switch out the Gallo for a nice California chilled Chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 35January 2, 2020 1:32 PM

Not recommended for children under six.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 2, 2020 9:40 PM

I’ll just leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 2, 2020 9:48 PM

Amphetamine, the Wonder Drug!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 2, 2020 11:57 PM

Now serving

ASBESTOS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 2, 2020 11:59 PM

Gone are days when one could visit one's physician with vague complaints and walk out with a (refillable) prescription for Valium, Nembutal, Xanax or Seconal. Day before outpatient surgery got script for just *four* Xanax, with one to be taken night before. My quack wouldn't budge. some nonsense about things being tracked and monitored. What is the good of paying private physicians if they won't do what you want them to? *LOL*

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2020 12:16 PM

A toilet mask will make your complexion glow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2020 12:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!