Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elton John

He seems to have trouble walking these days. And he's fat as a spring pig. Something seems to be wrong with his hooves. He walks like a very old man with a bad case of arthritis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2020 1:47 AM

Considering his myriad appetites and addictions for the past half century, it's amazing he's actually alive.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2019 11:53 AM

Gurl, he's 72.

AMERICANS need to let old people age.

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Well considering most of his contemporaries died of overdoses or AIDS, he looks great by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2019 11:59 AM

Fatherhood takes its toll? Is he still a father?

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2019 12:20 PM

I think he’s just an old guy with a bad case of arthritis

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2019 12:29 PM

I love EJ.

He can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2019 12:36 PM

[quote] He can do no wrong.

Sharing the stage with a scumbag like Eminem normalized “ironic” homophobia as an unconvincing cover for the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2019 12:52 PM

Spring pig and hooves? This is why I love datalounge :)

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2019 1:24 PM

He’s overweight and aging- simple.

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2019 1:52 PM

R7 let it go.

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2019 1:54 PM

You'd walk funny too if you had had the same number of dicks in your hole.

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2019 2:01 PM

OP, how old exactly did you think he is?

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2019 2:06 PM

I noticed this when I saw him in concert about a year ago. It looks worse because of his well padded torso on top of teeny tiny legs.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2019 2:11 PM

He's a top R11.

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2019 2:12 PM

Wig adhesive is carcinogenic.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote] OP, how old exactly did you think he is?

I know full well how old he is. His age has nothing to do with it. I've known plenty of men decades older than he is now who don't walk like that. He clearly has some sort of physical impairment, I think very likely with his feet. I wonder if he's diabetic and has typical diabetic foot issues.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2019 2:17 PM

His Latin name is El TON

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2019 2:26 PM

It's possible he's on some medication that's puffed him up like that. It must be incredibly hard on his joints. He probably shouldn't be touring, but he probably needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote] I wonder if he's diabetic and has typical diabetic foot issues.

Trust me. If he was diabetic we'd know ALL about it.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2019 2:47 PM

Prednisone bloat

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2019 2:53 PM

He is too young to be in that bad shape. Most of our Presidential candidates are that old or older. He stopped drugs and drinking decades ago. He really should not be so unhealthy - I bet it’s a food addiction that’s replaced all the other stuff. And absolutely zero exercise because he can’t be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]He is too young to be in that bad shape. Most of our Presidential candidates are that old or older.

That's true and it's a fucking MESS.

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2019 2:56 PM

R4. Yes he’s a daddy.

by Anonymousreply 23December 22, 2019 2:58 PM

For a seventies rock star, he looks GREAT!

He's still alive, what more can you ask from that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2019 3:34 PM

I don’t care if Miss Thing is a musical legend, she has horrific taste in wiglets. That husband should never let huh leave the house with 75% of what she wears on huh head. Simply hideous...and this was one of the better ones.

by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2019 4:00 PM

I enjoyed his book and how his life story reflected advances in gay acceptance. High point was his debauched coke years stories.

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2019 4:02 PM

R25 Miss Thing! Miss Thing you're older then Elton

by Anonymousreply 27December 22, 2019 4:44 PM

You can't live your life as Elton John and end up as Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 28December 22, 2019 4:48 PM

"Sharing the stage with a scumbag like Eminem normalized “ironic” homophobia as an unconvincing cover for the real deal."

Never mind that - his performing for arch-homophobe Rush Limbaugh's wedding (2nd or 3rd or 4th...who can remember?) did it for me. John made some lame excuse about wanting to "start a dialogue" with Limbaugh, but that clearly came to nothing it became obvious that it was all about the money. John has been notorious for going through money at lightening speed.

Plus his lecturing Ellen about her show being "too gay" after the coming out episode just showed what a tool he was, as if he was the last word on how to be an out performer.

by Anonymousreply 29December 22, 2019 5:46 PM

Correction: "lightning speed".

by Anonymousreply 30December 22, 2019 5:47 PM

What is the point of OP's thread opener?

by Anonymousreply 31December 22, 2019 6:12 PM

Can you read R31? If you can read then you should know what the point is.

by Anonymousreply 32December 22, 2019 6:41 PM

R29, his point to Ellen was that she was making a big deal about something that was totally obvious from the get go.

It was Chaz Bono that claimed Ellen's show was "too gay" while working as a spokeswoman for GLAAD of all things.

by Anonymousreply 33December 22, 2019 6:50 PM

Well honestly, Ellen did become very annoying after she came out. Every sentence out of her mouth had some sort of gay reference in it. It was as if she was making up for all the years she couldn't say anything about being gay and trying to do it in the shortest amount of time. She ended up making a complete fool of herself and did little to help open straight people's minds about gay people.

by Anonymousreply 34December 22, 2019 6:55 PM

Elton John sang at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. He remains dead to me for eternity.

by Anonymousreply 35December 22, 2019 6:58 PM

Hey who cares if he is overweight and has trouble getting around. Considering the era he comes from he is still with us. Can’t say the same for Freddie, George, Prince, MJ, Whitney and David Bowie.

by Anonymousreply 36December 22, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]He probably shouldn't be touring, but he probably needs the money.

Are you joking? He has billions. He's just greedy for fame and attention. He's been on tour nonstop for decades. Of course he spends his money nonstop too, but he's shown he's willing to do anything for money (see R35 above).

by Anonymousreply 37December 22, 2019 7:14 PM

No he does not have "billions". Several hundred million, yes.

by Anonymousreply 38December 22, 2019 7:23 PM

He's ALWAYS retiring and then coming back.

by Anonymousreply 39December 22, 2019 7:35 PM

I’d like to see him drop some weight for his own well-being. That’s all.

Fuck his spending habits, choice of wigs and glasses, and who he sings with, or for... Please.

The bottom line is, he’s a musical genius, iconic, and loved for ages; world wide.

****Well, maybe one exception... EJ should have arranged to have a suspended grand piano drop onto that scummy Limbaugh, instead of performing at his wedding.

by Anonymousreply 40December 22, 2019 7:59 PM

"He clearly has some sort of physical impairment."

Well, what if he does? As someone noted, considering his past excesses he's lucky to be alive. He's 72 and has health problems. I think that's pretty normal.

by Anonymousreply 41December 22, 2019 8:22 PM

He is super talented and has done a lot for the community . Leave him be.

by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Prince was murdered by the greedy Sackler family, like hundreds of thousands of others.

by Anonymousreply 43December 22, 2019 9:34 PM

I saw his bff Lulu in concert a while back. She was bouncing around the stage like a two year old. What a difference booze and dope can make.

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2019 9:55 PM

I saw Elton John in 1972 at UCLA Royce Hall for $2.50. Ahhh... youth

by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2019 10:28 PM

I just watched his bio-doc interview with Graham Norton. Elton comes off Ok. I was a fan when I was a boy, in the 70s. Elton's a bitch but he's a decent artist and he's not evil.

by Anonymousreply 46December 22, 2019 10:42 PM

FYI Elton's autobiography is a lot of fun to read, lots of laughs and weirdness, and the stuff about addiction and recovery is pretty gripping.

He claims at the end that he intends to retire from touring do he can see his kids grow up, but I expect he's a bit too narcissistic to hold to that.

by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2019 10:56 PM

[Quote] he's not evil.

He's good "bad."

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Also OP, in the Norton bio doc interview, Elton reveals he had prostate cancer and suffered terribly for it. And had to learn to walk again after successfully fighting it. So that's why he can't move. Also, you could see in the interview his ankles are swollen, so I'm sure there are many health issues from a hard life. He claims to be sober 29 years and also to be HIV negative and thankful for the 2 blessings.

by Anonymousreply 49December 23, 2019 12:05 AM

He also says In the Norton documentary, that The Devil Wears Prada musical is written and ready. And his goodbye tour is more than 2 years long, then he wants to be more stationary. Though he plainly shopped the idea of doing a future residency in London or Paris - but not the USA. He spoke highly of Kate Bush's recent limited concert smash.

by Anonymousreply 50December 23, 2019 12:07 AM

Where is Dame Elton again in royal line of succession? Right after Princess Michael, right?

by Anonymousreply 51December 23, 2019 12:14 AM

All that leaping around he did onstage for years probably didn't do him many favors, either. I've seen photos of him in performance where his hands are on the piano keys and his ass and legs are up in the air. I should think that would be hard on somebody's body, and in addition to all the drink and drugs it must have really did a number on him. I think the same thing happened to Prince. All those years of stage acrobatics caused so much damage to his body that he got hooked on opioids for the pain. And eventually died from an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2019 12:21 AM

God you guys are pathetic- his Limbaugh wedding fee (millions) went to his foundation. And what have you done with your lives and how many people has your generosity delivered from the miseries of HIV. anonymous Internet bilge by a bunch of trolls.

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2019 12:31 AM

Does he take rent boys on tour with him, similar to how holidayed with that Bel Ami performer some years ago?

by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2019 12:45 AM

Thank you, Mrs. David Elton John at R53.

by Anonymousreply 55December 23, 2019 12:48 AM

R53, I don't give a fuck what he used the money for. I've never coddled the ego of an evil homophobic man who has made life immeasurably harder for gay people, I'll tell you that for fucking sure.

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]Gurl, he's 72. AMERICANS need to let old people age.

Gurl, in America, he’s still a little too young to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2019 1:06 AM

I loved his 70s music and hated everything else since. Even then,I gave him a pass on a lot of his actions because of how much I once loved him. BUT,that shit with Limbaugh killed it for me. Hes a nasty,vile,greedy old bitchy queen .

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2019 1:14 AM

I liked something he said in an interview. He was asked about Michael Jackson, and how Jackson paid out a settlement to the boy he was accused of molesting. And he said if he was innocent of such charges he would have spent every cent he had to fight it, rather than paying somebody off for their silence. In fact he did sue a tabloid for accusing him of something like that; I think it said that he was having wild sex parties with underage teenage rent boys. He sued, and he won. I think Elton John probably fucked of young guys but I don't think he was into underage boys. He's always denied anything like that and I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 59December 23, 2019 1:25 AM

It took 49 posts for someone to mention he's had cancer in the last 18 months. You ignorant fools need to do some research before you open your traps. He almost died. Treatment was brutal, and he suffered a myriad of infections and medication side effects afterwards and I imagine is still on a regime of medication that probably contributes to his bloated appearance. As r49 has said, he even had to learn to walk again.

by Anonymousreply 60December 23, 2019 1:27 AM

He’s been a fat pig for many years now.

by Anonymousreply 61December 23, 2019 1:31 AM

Well smell you R53. Don’t you fucking dare pontificate and condescend to us Mary. You have no idea what good people on this thread may have done for the greater good. So stuff it, shit bird.

by Anonymousreply 62December 23, 2019 3:12 AM

"He's ALWAYS retiring and then coming back."

Sure, but he's an amateur compared to some...

by Anonymousreply 63December 23, 2019 9:29 AM

I want a combined Cher/Elton John comeback tour! Can you imagine!

by Anonymousreply 64December 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Sorry, that line "I had to learn how to walk again" after prostate cancer treatment is pure celebrity exaggeration. I've known 4 men who had full prostate removal surgery, and not a one of them had to learn how to walk again. If Elton had radiation treatment for his prostate cancer then his taint was probably baked raw, but he didn't forget how to walk for pete's sake.

by Anonymousreply 65December 23, 2019 11:32 AM

R62, you did a better job at making my point than I did!

by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2019 11:52 AM

r65 because your friends prostate cancers are an exact reflection of everyone's condition.

by Anonymousreply 67December 23, 2019 12:03 PM

Elton is an asshole with a hard conservative streak and anyone who says otherwise is naive or lying. He told gays to stop asking for the right to be married because civil unions were good enough, for fuck's sake. And don't even get me started on the designer baby he had which he made sure was born on Christmas Day with the middle name Levon, just so the child would be a reference to one of his own songs.

by Anonymousreply 68December 23, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]He stopped drugs and drinking decades ago.

Mmm, not so much. He hasn't been sober as long as he claims he has and that's part of what's going on with his health, I suspect.

I remember being a huge fan when I was a teen in the 1980s and he was already having health scares.

by Anonymousreply 69December 23, 2019 12:06 PM

Sir Elton John was "24 hours from death" when he contracted an infection in 2017, according to his memoir. The 'I'm Still Standing' hitmaker got seriously ill after surgery for prostate cancer, where fluid was leaking from his lymph nodes. He said: "I was incredibly lucky - although, I have to say, I didn't feel terribly lucky at the time. I lay awake all night, wondering if I was going to die. In the hospital, alone at the dead of night, I'd prayed: Please don't let me die, please let me see my kids again, please give me a little longer."

And the 72-year-old singer opened up about how it all came about, admitting he doesn't even remember some of what happened.

Writing in his memoir 'Me: Elton John', obtained by the Daily Mail newspaper : "I was taken to King Edward VII's Hospital in London, where I had a scan. I was told that my condition was so serious, the hospital didn't have the equipment to cope with it. I had to be moved to the London Clinic.

“My last memory is of hyperventilating while they were trying to find a vein to give me an injection ... By 2.30pm, I was on the operating table, having more lymphatic fluid drained - this time from my diaphragm. “For two days afterwards, I was in intensive care. When I came round, they told me I'd contracted a major infection in South America, and that they were treating it with massive intravenous doses of antibiotics. But the fever came back.

“They took a sample of the infection ... it was much more serious than they'd first realised. There were MRI scans and God knows how many other procedures. The doctors told David I was 24 hours away from death. “If the South American tour had gone on for another day that would have been it: brown bread.”

After 11 days in hospital the father of two was allowed home and spent seven weeks 'recuperating, learning to walk again."

by Anonymousreply 70December 23, 2019 12:06 PM

R68 one DOES NOT forget how to walk if one has been walking for 70+ years unless one has had some sort of major brain injury. One may have trouble walking due to illness or physical infirmity, but one damn sure doesn't forget how to walk just because of medical treatments. Forgetting how to walk and being unable to walk are two very different things. Damn, how hard is that to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 71December 23, 2019 1:41 PM

At least he's a top......thanks R14.

by Anonymousreply 72December 23, 2019 2:23 PM

R70 I bet Miss Burtka was screaming in her head "Die Motherfucker!"

by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2019 3:14 PM

Sounds like sepsis. Which can happen when you are out of shape and have surgery. It can destroy muscles - as well as organs, A 60 year old cousin got sepsis after surgery - and ended up almost paralyzed. So it can happen.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2019 3:32 PM

But did he die, r74?

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2019 3:40 PM

"learn to walk again" can be taken as a manner of speech. Obviously he knew how to walk but I do believe his innards down there were fried and his muscles turned to jello, so give him a break. I ALWAYS preferred Bowie as a gay boy, but I gave Elton his due. I think he's an old fashioned entertainer and not very pretentious at all, about that. Also he's a bitchy gay, but so what?

by Anonymousreply 76December 23, 2019 5:36 PM

R76 is right. Dame Elton is speaking informally not writing a lawyer's brief, you fucking cunt, R71.

by Anonymousreply 77December 23, 2019 6:19 PM

R77 you seem far too invested in Elton's life. Are you some sort of freak EJ fanatic who takes every word written about him personally? Perhaps you need therapy. Or a sound slap across the face at the least.

by Anonymousreply 78December 23, 2019 6:50 PM

No, R78, I just hate cunts, like you.

by Anonymousreply 79December 23, 2019 6:56 PM

I love old bitchy Elton. I especially love his sexy voice.

by Anonymousreply 80December 23, 2019 8:47 PM

R76 is correct, anyone who is as sick as the book describes is going to be pathetically weak when they get out of the ICU. Sepsis or septic shock affects muscular strength, people can go from normal independent activity levels to being too weak to lift their arms, and the process of getting their strength back can fairly be described as "learning to walk again".

No wonder the old bitch looks a bit creaky, it really is surprising he lived this long.

by Anonymousreply 81December 23, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote] No, [R78], I just hate cunts, like you.

You really should talk to someone about your anger management issues. You seem way too tightly wound.

by Anonymousreply 82December 24, 2019 12:20 AM

I’m Still Standing...intermittently.

by Anonymousreply 83December 24, 2019 12:31 AM

Someone needs to tell Elton that wearing his shirttails out with a jacket does not make him look slimmer. It just makes him look silly.

by Anonymousreply 84December 24, 2019 12:39 AM

Yeah, well, nature intended him to be short and chunky, and the chunk eventually won out over the cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 85December 24, 2019 12:42 AM

What kind of moron goes on “tour” in South America after just having cancer surgery?

by Anonymousreply 86December 24, 2019 1:19 AM

Did he get an infection from a puta (puto?)?

by Anonymousreply 87December 24, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote][R68] one DOES NOT forget how to walk if one has been walking for 70+ years unless one has had some sort of major brain injury.

I don't know who you were referring to but I'm r68 and I never said he "forgot how to walk," good grief.

by Anonymousreply 88December 24, 2019 10:24 AM

Sorry R88. I obviously got my R's confused. You're just words on a screen so no need to go all wobbly over it.

by Anonymousreply 89December 24, 2019 10:37 AM

[quote]FYI Elton's autobiography is a lot of fun to read, lots of laughs and weirdness, and the stuff about addiction and recovery is pretty gripping.

I didn't laugh once and what about his endless droning about his addictions (which seems to be 3/4 of the book) could be described as "gripping" for God's sake?

by Anonymousreply 90December 24, 2019 11:37 AM

The parts with his hands gripping male groupies’ willies and bums!

by Anonymousreply 91December 24, 2019 11:40 AM

Poor Elton. A superstar a few decades back. Completely forgotten by the current generation.

When he dies, only DL will care

by Anonymousreply 92December 24, 2019 11:46 AM

R92 Bio movies bring the forgotten Superstar back for one last hurrah before sliding back into the abyss.

by Anonymousreply 93December 24, 2019 12:26 PM

It's time for Elton to get a promotion to the House of Lords. He's probably Tory by now so Boris can put him on the honors list. Baron John of Any of the Places below but I think Baron Cockermouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 24, 2019 12:36 PM

Gout

by Anonymousreply 95December 24, 2019 12:54 PM

^^The stuff you put on floor tiles?

by Anonymousreply 96December 24, 2019 12:57 PM

[quote] I imagine is still on a regime of medication

by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2020 12:56 AM

He IS an old man and he probably DOES have arthritis.

Based on the amount of drugs he's hoovered up over the years, it's a wonder he's still alive to walk anywhere, arthritic or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2020 1:34 AM

I think he had back surgery.

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2020 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!