Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG. Philip's in (the) hospital in London.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 27, 2019 2:22 AM

Oh no! Did he get raped by Karma??!

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2019 3:04 PM

They say it's a pre-existing condition.

[quote[Philip, who splits his time between Windsor and Sandringham since retiring from royal duties in 2017, is receiving treatment for a 'pre-existing condition', Buckingham Palace has said.

Weird to time go to (the) hospital for a 'pre-existing condition'.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2019 3:06 PM

Pull it together, drama queen. His death means nothing to anyone but the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2019 3:06 PM

WW for your (the) OP.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2019 3:06 PM

[quote] Butler: Your wife and children are arriving tomorrow for Christmas sir.

[quote] Prince Philip: Oh no my pre-existing condition!

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2019 3:07 PM

Can I have all his stuff when he dies?

by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2019 3:10 PM

Will Harry and Meghan fly in from the US?

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2019 3:11 PM

[quote]WW for your (the) OP.

Thank you, kind sir.

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2019 3:11 PM

This is ALL we need now.

by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2019 3:12 PM

He was doing such a great job getting the UK back on track. However will it survive without his wisdom, guidance and boundless accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 10December 20, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]Will Harry and Meghan fly in from the US?

HE might. She'll probably stay behind.

by Anonymousreply 11December 20, 2019 3:17 PM

I mean, you know it will be soon regardless, right? England will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 12December 20, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]The nature of the illness has not been revealed

Why?

[quote] but in 2012 and 2017 he was admitted to hospital with bladder infections.

by Anonymousreply 13December 20, 2019 3:19 PM

This is the end of England as we know it. Run, children! Save yourself! This is England's last gasp!

by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2019 3:20 PM

There's something very "new era" about this shift into the '20s.

by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2019 3:22 PM

Liz can't wait to get back in the dating scene after he's gone. That royal cooch has got a couple of year's action left in it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2019 3:22 PM

He is almost 100. She is in her 90s.

It is ok to be sad, but not shocked.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]Liz can't wait to get back in the dating scene after he's gone. That royal cooch has got a couple of year's action left in it.

Come on. No need for filthy talk.

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]He is almost 100. She is in her 90s. It is ok to be sad, but not shocked.

The timing's just so awful. It's dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2019 3:24 PM

If he croaks, it'll be the first funeral of a major British royal in the age of social media. I can already picture the Buzzfeed articles listing the ten funniest tweets about Prince Philip's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2019 3:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2019 3:27 PM

Perhaps Liz can make a decree that no royal can die during the Holidays. It is most inconvenient.

by Anonymousreply 22December 20, 2019 3:28 PM

I thought the Queen looked very frail at the opening of Parliament Ceremony. A couple days ago. Charles held he hand the whole way down the aisle. She looked really tired.

by Anonymousreply 23December 20, 2019 3:28 PM

We're ALL tired, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24December 20, 2019 3:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 20, 2019 3:33 PM

Live, Philip! You still have the live "Good Times" reenactment to look forward to!

by Anonymousreply 26December 20, 2019 3:38 PM

I wonder if the pre-existing condition has anything to do with his sweat glands? For all we know, it may run in the family.

by Anonymousreply 27December 20, 2019 3:38 PM

it's his cock.

He had UTI in the past. was hospitalized for it. it's got to be that!

by Anonymousreply 28December 20, 2019 3:40 PM

They said this was "pre-arranged" but why would the Queen leave for Sandringham as he was arriving in London. They claim he got to the hospital early this morning and they did not know whether the Queen had seen hi before she left. This sounds like they're trying to make everything seem normal when it is far from it. For all we know Phil may be dead and they're putting him on ice until after the holidays. It's all about the inconvenience to shoppers, etc. Can't close down everything to mourn when this is an important time for the economy. They could have left him inSandrongham, t hey have coolers out there for the venison...

by Anonymousreply 29December 20, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]They said this was "pre-arranged" but why would the Queen leave for Sandringham as he was arriving in London.

EXACTLY what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 30December 20, 2019 3:47 PM

I don't think the Queen would have left for Sandringham if Philip was seriously ill. It's probably for observation and maybe blood transfusions which he's had in the past.

by Anonymousreply 31December 20, 2019 3:51 PM

That’s a shame. ™

by Anonymousreply 32December 20, 2019 3:51 PM

Maybe they are putting him in the hospital because he will be taken care of for 24 hours a day by professionals - and then the Queen can go to Sandringham and really relax and enjoy her Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 33December 20, 2019 3:54 PM

No worries. He's just undergoing the usual treatments to cheat death for another week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 20, 2019 3:54 PM

I think R33 says it like it is.

We all need to calm down.

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2019 3:55 PM

If Philip does die, there's a good chance HM won't last another year without him. She has been looking frail lately, and long-term couples often die close together. 2020 might signal a new era, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2019 3:56 PM

Trouble is, if this keeps happening when the big day comes, no one will pay any attention.

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Oh, people will pay attention: We haven't had a major Royal die since Princess Margaret (not that anyone cared much about that).

by Anonymousreply 38December 20, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote]We haven't had a major Royal die since Princess Margaret (not that anyone cared much about that).

Right! I don't even remember that.

by Anonymousreply 39December 20, 2019 4:00 PM

And he's lead a much fuller life than she ever did.

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Royal weddings, Royal funerals, Royal births and coronations. So nice to be entertained by the monarchy and not a jester in sight.

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote] Oh, people will pay attention: We haven't had a major Royal die since Princess Margaret (not that anyone cared much about that).

Actually, the Queen Mother outlived Margaret by about a month. She was the last major royal to go.

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2019 4:04 PM

I used to live near that hospital in London. Whenever a royal was in there, there were always TONS of photographers and news people on the street. Familiar faces from CNN etc...

CALLING...Christiane Amanpour! You're NEEDED, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2019 4:04 PM

If Phil kicks off now, Harry will never live down deserting his family this Christmas - even if he dies before Christmas day. The optics are horrible. This will not be good for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2019 4:08 PM

R42-odd, I remember the Queen Mum dying but not Margaret at all - and she was at least for a time larger than life.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] Liz can't wait to get back in the dating scene after he's gone. That royal cooch has got a couple of year's action left in it.

Perhaps she should call Madonna

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2019 4:09 PM

The prince is fine. He sends DL his love, saying he's never felt better and that he plans to be around for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2019 4:11 PM

This is the beginning of the end of England. Philip goes then brexit then Liz goes and then Charles ruins everything,

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2019 4:14 PM

R26. Loooooooooool

by Anonymousreply 49December 20, 2019 4:15 PM

Charles in charge, of our days and our (k)nights....

by Anonymousreply 50December 20, 2019 4:16 PM

Is he dead yet? He already resembles a corpse.

by Anonymousreply 51December 20, 2019 4:17 PM

Pre-existing, that means the queen gave him an antibiotic resistant STI

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2019 4:19 PM

Is it too soon to begin a Hot Young Philip photo retrospective?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Elizabeth refused to become Queen unless she was allowed to marry Philip. What a different world that was.

by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2019 4:24 PM

It's really shocking how none of his children even vaguely embody the hotness of a young Philip.

by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2019 4:25 PM

For 9x years old, the Queen is looking anything but frail. Tiniest drag in her step, but she gets in and out of the car without assistance at all, and do you see the quality of her skin? Smooth cheeks, can handle foundation and powder and no caking, and she killed in that bright pink lipstick this week. And her hair remains lush and thick all over (no hint of thinning even in the front) (unless it's a wig, which I've never heard but is of course possible)(but if not, hair tgst thick at her age is extraordinary). She gets up on a horse, still. No known major medical issues, right? No pacemaker, hysterectomy, cancer, stroke, heart issues...anything? No visible tremors, even, just the slightest shuffle, but she continues to wear her 1945-style practical heels and wellies and nurses' shoes or crocus or slippers for comfort, and it seems pretty clear she's not reached the dozy-all-day stage that many do in their 80s and 90s. Even my grandmother, the 5-mile-a-day walker into her 90s (down to one by 98, when she died) dozed a lot and she definitely did not dress in full stockings-dress-coat-hat-makeup-hair everyday...she became more the "long-sleeved-and-legged sweats during Florida summers even when tending the last patch of her garden she could manage" type.

Okay, thank you for letting me talk through my feelings about HM, DL.(Vive la reine!)

PP seemed very hale until just a few years ago. My grandfather was the same into his 90s...and he, too, had to be restricted from driving when his own pride wouldn't let him stop, and he never walked with a stoop. But PP's face shows a lot of age lately - hard to see with a not-bad portrayal of him in his youth as such a fit, active, healthy young man (Matt Smith may or may not be able to act, but he really represented PP physically and outlook- wise).

by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]Is it too soon to begin a Hot Young Philip photo retrospective?

Yes, it is. Hold your horses!

by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2019 4:26 PM

What a charmer! No wonder Liz fell for him. He looks like he found feces on his toothbrush.

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2019 4:26 PM

He's just discovered a hole in his pocket. Someone shall pay with their life.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2019 4:28 PM

R55, isn't that the truth. And though Anne and Charles bear some resemblance to one another (a bit), Andrew looks like the milkman's son.

I do think it's interesting that with such a dominant (though contained by his role) father, someone like Charles became such a very different person. No doubt some scars, but Charles has gone his own way in terms of interests and demeanor. And suits, those damned double-breasted suits (appropriate for him but ecch).

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2019 4:31 PM

No, Liz came him the title of prince, Liz didn't refuse to be queen until she was allowed to marry the prince.

QEII and Phil are both second cousins, once removed through one line and third cousins through another line. Philip had to give up his Danish and Greek royal titles.

Philip and QEII started exchanging love letters when she was 13. And were engaged privately after WWII, though the official announcement was put off until QEII turned 21.

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2019 4:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2019 4:35 PM

Let's all chip in and send him some cranberry juice.

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Wonder if Liz keeps a diary?

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2019 4:51 PM

Rumour has it that major media outlets are on alert because he aint expected to last much longer.

by Anonymousreply 65December 20, 2019 5:01 PM

Oh my gawd! Where is Winston Churchill when England needs him most?

by Anonymousreply 66December 20, 2019 5:06 PM

If he dies. Don't just tag it onto this thread like he's just some minor celeb/TV actor of the 1950s.

It would be disrespectful.

Start a new thread.

If I'm around I'll see to it myself. But it's already night time here in London and it might happen in the night.

by Anonymousreply 67December 20, 2019 5:15 PM

It would be no surprise if he died, he's very old. But what makes me think he's not going to kick it tonight is the fact that the Queen carried on with her trip to Norfolk. If PP was about to drop dead, wouldn't she stay in London to be with him?

by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2019 5:19 PM

What's with this family and Christmas? Remember a few years ago when the Queen had a "heavy cold" and skipped the Christmas church services? We all huddled around the DL on Death Watch. Good times!

by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2019 5:20 PM

he's just getting blood transfusions from young healthy people.

I will never forget when I saw him at Harry's wedding, walking like nothing was wrong with him when he just had a hip transplant mere weeks before, I think it was around 1 month. No walking stick, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2019 5:25 PM

We get another Christmas death watch, R69! How exciting.

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2019 5:32 PM

R22, believe it or not, there's no such thing as a royal decree in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2019 5:37 PM

R29, what are you talking about? Nothing will close just because Philip dies.

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2019 5:41 PM

He has to pull through! Our future POTUS depends on having someone within their own age group to converse with!!!

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2019 5:44 PM

Was this Harry and his bald patch? SAD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2019 5:45 PM

Apparently he's now dead and they are preparing the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 76December 20, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote[Apparently he's now dead and they are preparing the announcement.

Where are you getting all this from, Christiane Amanpour?

She'll definitely be on call for this. Her fancy accent an' all.

by Anonymousreply 77December 20, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]Apparently he's now dead

I guess he must have seen "Cats."

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2019 5:55 PM

Liz will blame it on Harry and Meghan. "You weren't here for Christmas and it killed your grandfather!"

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2019 6:00 PM

I know, it's so selfish of Harry and his wife not to spend the holidays with them. How long do they have ffs? You have to treasure the time left, they are so old, she could fall and hit her head and it's over. then they will regret for the rest of their lives. they are so fucking stupid

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2019 6:17 PM

There is only one “major royal.”

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2019 6:51 PM

What's with the posters demanding we "show some respect." This is Datalounge, not the Royal Family fan forum. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 82December 20, 2019 6:56 PM

How long until the usual suspects make this thread about Harry, Meghan and titles? I give it another twenty posts.

by Anonymousreply 83December 20, 2019 6:57 PM

He and Elisabeth first met when she was 13, and they exchanged letters and saw each other from time to time (he away in the military) until she was 17 and he finally talked to her father about marriage.

by Anonymousreply 84December 20, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]What's with the posters demanding we "show some respect." This is Datalounge, not the Royal Family fan forum. Fuck off!

You have no wit.

by Anonymousreply 85December 20, 2019 9:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 20, 2019 9:10 PM

R86 Well he was hardly going to fucking walk there, was he?

by Anonymousreply 87December 20, 2019 9:13 PM

Imagine living for 98 years! People say "life is short". I wonder if he agrees.

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2019 9:15 PM

He has been suffering from a flu like illness for the last three weeks. When did the Prince Andrew stuff hit?

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2019 9:37 PM

r68 is correct: usually you can tell the severity of the illness by whether they bring in the other family members around the sick person, especially when dealing with royals. Philip must be expected to pull through if the queen and Charles are not by his side. That doesn;t mean that he will survive, thouygh; illnesses among the elderly can sneak up on you and become very serious very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2019 9:41 PM

Let's just be grateful he didn't drive himself to hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Our Hyacinth has an exact replica of the living room suite at Sandringham House.

by Anonymousreply 92December 20, 2019 9:52 PM

[quote] illnesses among the elderly can sneak up on you

Like a blobfish.

by Anonymousreply 93December 20, 2019 9:54 PM

[quote] If Phil kicks off now, Harry will never live down deserting his family this Christmas - even if he dies before Christmas day.

Are you kidding? Philip is 97 years old, and has been sick for weeks. No one will associate either Harry or Meghan with his death--if they associated anyone with it, it would be Andrew, but given Philip's age, no one expects him to have even lived this long.

No one in their right mind expects someone in his 30s to have to spend Christmas with his elderly grandfather, especially when he's married and has a baby.

by Anonymousreply 94December 20, 2019 10:13 PM

People will associate the demise of Duke of Edinburgh with H&M as they snub H's relatives during Christmas. Furthermore if Thomas Markle is dead, people will say MM causes it. Don't underestimate people's perception.

by Anonymousreply 95December 20, 2019 10:26 PM

No way in hell QEII would leave London if it were anything serious. I'm sure it's some minor procedure and he'll be back to Sandringham by the beginning of the week for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 96December 20, 2019 10:29 PM

Of course, H&M will be associated with his death if it occurs over Christmas - not because they caused it but because knowing full well how ill and old he is, they couldn't spare him their company on what they knew could be his very last family Christmas - just as they couldn't be bothered over two summers to spend a couple of days up at Balmoral between July and September.

by Anonymousreply 97December 20, 2019 10:30 PM

R96 - I do hope you're right. The spectacle of the BRF trooping off to church without the glaring absence of the Sussexes and the dutiful Cambridges doing so with George and Charlotte in tow would be too delicious to cancel.

by Anonymousreply 98December 20, 2019 10:33 PM

^*WITH the glaring absence of the Sussexes

by Anonymousreply 99December 20, 2019 10:33 PM

Only an idiot schedules their lives around geriatrics who may die tomorrow or live another decade. But to cradle your mug and fret that this might be last Christmas is just Frau drama. It doesn't matter if last year was his final Christmas, this year is his final one or 2022 is his final Christmas. Stupid people with know perspective and less sophistication place value on such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 100December 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 20, 2019 10:39 PM

R3 It barely means anything to the Queen either. They don’t live together and it’s not like she’s going out of her way to spend precious time with him despite the fact that his time on earth is extremely limited. She could be holed up in Windsor with him but refuses for “duty.” Stubborn as fuck. Some love story. I’ve always said she has ice water in her veins.

by Anonymousreply 102December 20, 2019 10:41 PM

R96, is there such a thing as a minor procedure at that age?

by Anonymousreply 103December 20, 2019 11:05 PM

People who do nothing live to ripe old ages. This one is way past his sell by date. And they expect to be fawned over.

by Anonymousreply 104December 20, 2019 11:08 PM

[quote] How long until the usual suspects make this thread about Harry, Meghan and titles? I give it another twenty posts.

I was right.

by Anonymousreply 105December 20, 2019 11:13 PM

R102 Philip married her because she would be queen, and then he cheated on her quite prolifically throughout the marriage. If she's indifferent to him now it's hard to blame her.

by Anonymousreply 106December 20, 2019 11:56 PM

When your grandparents are as old as he and the Queen are, it's generally accepted that you spend Christmas with them since it could be their last one. At least that's how it is in most families. Not doing so is considered selfish and inconsiderate.

r100 must be one of quite a few DLers who come from a family where nobody gets along, and everything is very fractured. Or they're just white trash. From the threads we've had on here, there are a surprising number of DLers who come from those kinds of backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 107December 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Remember when his son was off raping underage girls on an island?

by Anonymousreply 108December 21, 2019 12:05 AM

What a load of horseshit r107. Most grandparents are shuffled off to nursing homes, forgotten until the end.

by Anonymousreply 109December 21, 2019 12:13 AM

I hear that he's quietly returned, some time ago, to the Greek Orthodox faith. Well, that's a comfort and a blessing.

by Anonymousreply 110December 21, 2019 12:25 AM

R107 You can project all you want since you know nothing of me or my family or the tragedies we've suffered that are as mundane as the tragedies every family suffers.

I can assure you those would are now gone would have been very disappointed if they thought the lives of their progeny were being dictated by the vapid silliness of religious holidays and gift card company's events. But you probably think waving a flag makes you a patriot and wearing a crucifix makes you a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 111December 21, 2019 12:29 AM

I'm with the poster above. No one normal would expect a young family to organize their life around a 100 year old grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 112December 21, 2019 12:31 AM

I'm very saddened by this news, and wish him a fully recovery. I like the old sod (from an enormous distance, of course).

by Anonymousreply 113December 21, 2019 12:34 AM

r109 not really true.

by Anonymousreply 114December 21, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote]progeny were being dictated by the vapid silliness of religious holidays and gift card company's events. But you probably think waving a flag makes you a patriot and wearing a crucifix makes you a Christian.

It's just one of the few times that families have to get together, it has nothing to do with the hackneyed horseshit you're projecting.

by Anonymousreply 115December 21, 2019 12:36 AM

R109-enjoy your old-age. It's good to know you've accepted that the younger generation of your family can completely discard you.

by Anonymousreply 116December 21, 2019 12:38 AM

People who care about their geriatric relatives do do some planning around them, especially if they have a specific condition. My family did. If they are simply very old perhaps not, but if there is a condition that could erupt at any time, it's equally stupid to go far away on holiday only to risk being called back and wasting time and money.

It's one thing to have a very elderly parent, and another to have a very elderly parent with, say, cancer or (in our case), Parkinson's.

We really don't know what Philip has outside of exteme old age, if anything.

But the fact is, Harry and Meghan have pretty much ignored Philip and the Queen consistently. outside of making sure to get one good photo op with them when making their pompously regal intro of their seventh in line, and absurdly named kid.

No one expects them to spend the summer at Balmoral or "plan their lives" around the very aged Queen and Philip.

But everyone else in the family seemed to be able to find a couple of days over three months in which to visit each summer, as H&M jetted around in Reggie's private jet, and there will be plenty of Christmases with Doria Ragland, who is relatively youthful and robustly healthy, and is Meghan's only family. They are allegedly in Canada.

The Queen feels is notorious for being unable to confront disturbing feelings, and give that, she is as likely to be avoiding Philip out of terror of loss as indifference. So statements that she is at Windsor because she no longer cares what happens to him are silly. And she is still Queen and she DOES still have numerous duties. She can only "retire" up to Sandringham 24/7 if she hands everything over to Charles.

She stated publicly once that she owedha him a debt for his endless support greater than she could ever repay. His infidelities may or may not have been as extensive as are claimed, and for all we know, they don't weigh that heavily in the balance against the support she feels she got from him.

Philip also served with distinction in the British navy in WWII.

He may not have been madly in love with her, but she was madly in love with him, and all things considered they both did pretty well out of it. Productive partnerships have been built on less.

Be that all as it may, if Philip dies tomorrow, the Sussexes will come in for more shade for never going up to Balmoral since their marriage and skipping Philip's last Christmas on earth because they couldn't figure out a way to combine her mother and his family.

They did the same thing with the christening: the Queen wasn't there because they presented her with dates that worked for their friends but not for her and didn't want to inconvenience their friends. They have, at bottom, massive contempt for her, figuring she no longer matters to them. This is typical of Meghan, who always despises her marks after she succeeds in screwing them.

Yeah, if it pans out that way, you can bet on H&M coming in for major shade.

by Anonymousreply 117December 21, 2019 12:39 AM

Then be about your "event". My family always cherished one on one time with each other and not necessarily the hubbub of everyone at once in one place. Maybe that's why so many people get depressed and stressed during the holidays. Everyone is busy putting expectations on each other and trying to create "magic" that often doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 118December 21, 2019 12:44 AM

R117 Major shade, indeed. Sorry, if I was their PR advisor, I'd have strongly counseled them to be there for Christmas at least. This news has got to be worrying them in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 119December 21, 2019 12:45 AM

As always, what is truly important is sharing our feelings about Meghan fucking Markle.

by Anonymousreply 120December 21, 2019 12:49 AM

And looking for as many ways as possible to find fault with her.

by Anonymousreply 121December 21, 2019 12:53 AM

R121 - Well, she has such a gift for making it easy to do so.

by Anonymousreply 122December 21, 2019 1:10 AM

It's a miracle he's lived this long.

by Anonymousreply 123December 21, 2019 1:12 AM

First Philip McKeon, now this!

by Anonymousreply 124December 21, 2019 1:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 21, 2019 2:18 AM

I know he’s 98, but I want him to keep going. Once him and the queen are gone, the royal family will have lost the last bit of class that it had

by Anonymousreply 126December 21, 2019 2:20 AM

He needs to keep his promise to reincarnate as a deathly pandemic virus. This shit show of humanity needs to be wiped out.

Otherwise, I would be VERY disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 127December 21, 2019 2:27 AM

Harry and his whore are off to Canada for the holidays, I seriously doubt they would return if Philip dies abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 128December 21, 2019 2:38 AM

Maybe he broke his other hip.

by Anonymousreply 129December 21, 2019 2:39 AM

I'm sure H & M will do whatever they believe is best for them and their families. Regardless, I am confidant we will survive the repercussions of whatever they decide, You may unclench now.

by Anonymousreply 130December 21, 2019 2:44 AM

Injury to the hip will be harsh on him. Thoughts & prayers. Speedy recovery, Prince Philip.

by Anonymousreply 131December 21, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote]When your grandparents are as old as he and the Queen are, it's generally accepted that you spend Christmas with them since it could be their last one. At least that's how it is in most families. Not doing so is considered selfish and inconsiderate

STFU. Do you have any idea of how stupid you sound?

Phil's own wife, children and other grandchildren can't even be bothered to visit him in the hospital

by Anonymousreply 132December 21, 2019 2:52 AM

r132 I guess your family doesn't love you. Normal families do that all the time when the grandparents are very aged and not in good health.

Honest to god, I don't know how the hell some of you were raised.

by Anonymousreply 133December 21, 2019 3:03 AM

R132 seems like an unloved person dumped in Walmart's trash container right after birth by his unfeeling creature of mother. Are you okay, dear?

by Anonymousreply 134December 21, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote]Once him and the queen are gone, the royal family will have lost the last bit of class that it had

Are you seriously talking about Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh? Read up, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 21, 2019 3:28 AM

r132 is an unsuccessful abortion who managed to crawl out of the dumpster in the alley. No wonder he's bitter.

by Anonymousreply 136December 21, 2019 3:32 AM

It looks like we now have an unhinged "if your family is not like mine then you're trash" troll.

by Anonymousreply 137December 21, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]When your grandparents are as old as he and the Queen are, it's generally accepted that you spend Christmas with them since it could be their last one.

My siblings and I certainly didn't during our own grandparents' last years. I've never heard of anyone feeling that kind of obligation to grandparents in the US or the UK, unless they were raised by them instead of by their own parents.

by Anonymousreply 138December 21, 2019 3:39 AM

A big reason why the Meghan haters ARE Meghan haters is because they believe very strenuously that they are the collective epitome of grace and style, and therefore can judge that "whore" and everyone else as "trash."

So it's no surprise that they're here calling everyone who disagrees with them trash, because it's all they do. And it doesn't ever occur to them that if you're on fucking Datalounge calling people "trash" and "whores" then you're not really classy at all.

by Anonymousreply 139December 21, 2019 3:41 AM

[quote] Normal families do that all the time when the grandparents are very aged and not in good health.

[quote] Honest to god, I don't know how the hell some of you were raised.

You absolutely do not understand WASPs then if you believe those things.

And everyone we are talking about are WASPs.

by Anonymousreply 140December 21, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote] A big reason why the Meghan haters ARE Meghan haters is because they believe very strenuously that they are the collective epitome of grace and style

Yes. Moreover, they believe that they have insight into her thinking when in fact they are just projecting banal observations on her. It's not even about racism, it's about being absolutely unaware of how ordinary and unoriginal they are.

by Anonymousreply 141December 21, 2019 3:47 AM

r140 I know the DL Elders are obsessed with WASPs, but seeing aged grandparents for special occasions happens with WASPs as well. God knows, my mother's family belongs to that tribe. Not that anybody cares much about being WASPy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 142December 21, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote]You absolutely do not understand WASPs then if you believe those things.

Nobody in the 21st century could give a fuck about understanding WASPs. Even most WASPs themselves have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 143December 21, 2019 3:59 AM

I would bet money r140 is Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 144December 21, 2019 4:14 AM

The thing about WASPS is that they care about appearances above all else. Some actually may harbor fond feelings (or none at all) for the diseased and decaying elderly in their family, but it's all about how the family looks and APPEARS to react.

Perhaps M&H chose to discard that part of being part of an aristocratic family, but, despite their PR lust, why do they keep making themselves look so bad in the face of generally accepted convention of what is "nice" in the face of the elderly relatives? You know, one of whom funds their mere existence?

by Anonymousreply 145December 21, 2019 4:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 21, 2019 4:30 AM

r84 meet r64

by Anonymousreply 147December 21, 2019 4:35 AM

r84 meet r61

by Anonymousreply 148December 21, 2019 4:36 AM

Amazing, one son, not grandson, but a son that they raised, is stripped of his royal duties because he liked to be an island-hopping playboy with underaged sex slaves. Meanwhile, the Prince's grandson and granddaughter in law decide to spend this Christmas abroad, and everyone is blaming them 10 to 1 for causing the Prince's death if it were to happen before the new year. So, hanging with pedo sex slave pimps is alright on DL, but spending a holiday away from your family with a mixed-race spouse is just about treason.

I hear a lot of talk about normal families. The Firm is not a normal family, full stop. If they were normal they wouldn't be royals. Normal families have to split the holidays between the couple's in-laws, when possible. The Sussex's were with the royals last year, so why is it a crime to spend this year abroad? Most of you want them out anyway, so shouldn't you be happy that the righteous Cambridges are saved the heartache of that American? Even if the Sussexs want to spend the holidays alone in Canada, you can't call that abnormal, they have a new baby.

The person married to the Prince, the glorious Queen, didn't even take the time to visit him. Either the procedure isn't that important or Phillip is an asshole the deserves to die alone. His own children are also seem to shrug and keep it moving. As other posters pointed out, the Queen and Phillip spend less time together than Melania and Trump. He's away at some castle while the Queen spends her week in London. They are a cold family that doesn't operate like the rest of us. Think about Gosford Park. Immediately following the husband's death there was a shock, but that aristocratic family got over it within a day. Not saying that's how they would act if Phillip dies, I'm sure there is a lot of love there, but they are cold people. I think we should cut H&M some slack for being normal parents and trying to enjoy this holiday with their little family unit.

by Anonymousreply 149December 21, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote] Meanwhile, the Prince's grandson and granddaughter in law decide to spend this Christmas abroad, and everyone is blaming them 10 to 1 for causing the Prince's death

Come again, please? The grandpapa? I'm not sure it's "blame," rather than schadenfreude. You know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 150December 21, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote] Amazing, one son, not grandson, but a son that they raised, is stripped of his royal duties because he liked to be an island-hopping playboy with underaged sex slaves.

[italic]Mary![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 151December 21, 2019 5:35 AM

Wow, Megziteers have short memories.

Remember all those times Will and Kate and their kids refused to attend Christmas at Sandringham, but just go away quietly and discreetly (Meghan and Harry have been so discreet no one even knows what country they are in), Will and Kate set up their own gaudy “rival court” complete with tacky fake Boxing Day shoot with tame birds trucked in for them to shoot (an attempt to copy and rip off the actual Boxing Day shoot) then invited the paps to cover it.

For years the press made a big deal about how Carol Middleton was some kind of arch manipulator who was trying to be the shadow queen of this rival court, and how awful Kate was. Now Meghan’s arrived suddenly Kate has been retconned into the perfect princess. Even though the Cambridge household is currently haemorrhaging staff at a crazy rate (with barely a word in the press or online, while mostly fake stories about a couple of staffers leaving the Sussex households created a major outcry).

by Anonymousreply 152December 21, 2019 5:42 AM

^Typo, that should say “but NOT to just go away.”

by Anonymousreply 153December 21, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]Even though the Cambridge household is currently haemorrhaging staff at a crazy rate (with barely a word in the press or online, while mostly fake stories about a couple of staffers leaving the Sussex households created a major outcry).

Linky stinky. (longstanding, like decades old, DL saying before you attempt anything)

by Anonymousreply 154December 21, 2019 5:55 AM

Sad final days......

by Anonymousreply 155December 21, 2019 6:40 AM

Brilliant link, R135. You know, Phil wasn't wrong on Number 6: "It looks like a tart's bedroom." (on seeing plans for the Duke and Duchess of York's house at Sunninghill Park in 1988)

by Anonymousreply 156December 21, 2019 10:27 AM

Quit your sniping and look at cute pictures!

BTW, to JohnBoy Walton up there at R133 ...did it ever occur to you that Philip, being the hard-headed he-man stiff-upper-lip get-on-with-it sort, doesn't WANT people to come and "make a fuss" over him? I think he'd be horrified at the thought of people weepily hovering over his sick bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 21, 2019 10:59 AM

Could someone please abridge whatever R149 was trying to say, for the sake of posterity?

by Anonymousreply 158December 21, 2019 11:17 AM

Does anyone really miss Harry and Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 159December 21, 2019 11:22 AM

Mary, just cool it with H&M, it's a bore, darling.

by Anonymousreply 160December 21, 2019 11:24 AM

Listen to all you old queens talk as if you actually know the royal family!

by Anonymousreply 161December 21, 2019 11:49 AM

For fucks' sake get me to fuckin hospital. Yes, there is something wrong with me! I'm sick to fuckin death of those useless fuckups that call themselves my family, that's what, and I can't stand another Christmas with them! I'm ninety fuckin eight for christsake! But tell everyone it's a pre existing condition.

by Anonymousreply 162December 21, 2019 11:53 AM

[quote]Listen to all you old queens talk as if you actually know the royal family!—sadfucks need to get a life

Weaklings like you always seem to need to use the word fuck to sound butch and aggressive.

Runalong now, you don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 163December 21, 2019 11:54 AM

r136 Ooooh, I'm sooooo scared. Did I hit a nerve prisspot? 'Runalong now, you don't know what you're talking about.' You sound like some old faggoty queen clutching her pearls and adjusting her powdered wig. And I actually didn't profess to know anything, so I don't know what it is that I don't know what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 164December 21, 2019 11:59 AM

If you knew anything r163, you'd know that 'fuck' is one of the Duke of Edinburgh's favourite words. I guess he wants to sound butch and aggressive hey?

by Anonymousreply 165December 21, 2019 12:02 PM

[quote]Listen to all you old queens talk as if you actually know the royal family! —sadfucks need to get a life

It seems "sadfuck" self-hater aka R161 is all over this site hissing at people - calling them queens etc...

[quote]You effeminate sad fucks who want to be ladies who lunch

and

[quote]Oh dear OP, you should know better than to try to garner sympathy from the cunts of DataLounge. These elitist, nasty old queens hate children

and then, finally, the truth about himself:

[quote]When i'm lonely and sad I go on DataLounge and say something derogatory just for attention or to cause an argument, or feel some human connection. I'm a fuckin sadfuck.

by Anonymousreply 166December 21, 2019 12:02 PM

Well aren't you an anal retentive old queen! Nothing better to do than research a trolls former comments. Really sad. But not as sad as your oversensitivity to the word 'queen'. Was it your mummy? Or was it your daddy who called you a queen? It hurt didn't it? You've never gotten over it?

by Anonymousreply 167December 21, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote]It seems "sadfuck" self-hater aka [R161] is all over this site hissing at people - calling them queens etc...

And his latest gem

[quote]You sound like some old faggoty queen

by Anonymousreply 168December 21, 2019 12:06 PM

If only he could correct his own sins:

[quote] than research a trolls former comments

by Anonymousreply 169December 21, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]Was it your mummy? Or was it your daddy who called you a queen? It hurt didn't it? You've never gotten over it?

No, that's your problem not mine.

You REALLY have problems.

You said it best yourself:

[quote]When i'm lonely and sad I go on DataLounge and say something derogatory just for attention or to cause an argument, or feel some human connection. I'm a fuckin sadfuck.

Hope you enjoyed your "human connection".

by Anonymousreply 170December 21, 2019 12:09 PM

Ooh oooh, I;m the faggoty old grammar Nazi queen. I'm fat and old and bald and effeminate and no one wants to fuck me, so the only card I have left to play is correcting grammar and spelling on a gay gossip website. I'm sooooooo superior and witty and clever!

by Anonymousreply 171December 21, 2019 12:10 PM

Sweetie, I admit to my problems. Your oversensitivity to the word queen really is ridiculous. You need to get help for that neve I hit. I'm an unhappy troll, and I know that, but you're something else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 172December 21, 2019 12:12 PM

[quote]Sweetie, I admit to my problems

You don't need to - they're very clear.

by Anonymousreply 173December 21, 2019 12:15 PM

As are yours. As are yours. The most serious being that you take this pile of shit called The DataLounge seriously.

by Anonymousreply 174December 21, 2019 12:16 PM

You know, we see Philip in a suit, smiling. We really have no idea of his mental state. I do know that when my elderly parents developed re-occurring Urinary Tract Infections, they also developed dementia. A symptom of a UTI is dementia. It's the kind that goes away within 48 hours or so of taking antibiotics.

But the thing is, if Philip is suffering from a more permanent form of dementia, and he doesn't know or remember people, or goes in and out, and he is incontinent, and he has difficulty with normal activities, then I can see the Queen having difficulty dealing with that. it may be quite painful for her to watch his decline, and so they have him at Windsor, riding around in his buggy with his horses, and trekking through the woods as he loves to do, and he has minders 24/7. They convey the image of "normalcy" and routine, but he is declining and he can get much worse in the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 175December 21, 2019 12:23 PM

I step out for 20 minutes and the thread has disintegrated into this?

by Anonymousreply 176December 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Look, if Harry and Meghan rushed back from Canada to be with Philip, the trolls would say "oh more carbon emissions for the jet-setting fake environmentalists, why couldn't they just stay in Canada, no one expected them to go back for Philip anyway, they're just wanting good PR."

No matter what they did, our trolls would bitch about it incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 177December 21, 2019 12:36 PM

^^Yeah, really, R176. I came back and saw all these new replies, and I thought, "I'd better check in, maybe he died." Nope, only the thread did.

by Anonymousreply 178December 21, 2019 12:37 PM

R175 But supposedly, Philip was there at the lunch where Charles kicked Andrew to the curb. So he's obviously still mentally up to issuing a smackdown to his dipshit pedo son.

by Anonymousreply 179December 21, 2019 1:21 PM

If Phillip broke his hip, his days are numbered. A doctor friend of mine said that in the majority of cases, elderly people die within a year of a hip fracture. It seems to be a sign that your essential frame is breaking down. He was certainly right in the case of my grandmother, who went a few months after suffering a hip fracture.

by Anonymousreply 180December 21, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]If Phillip broke his hip, his days are numbered.

His days are numbered anyway. He's 98!

by Anonymousreply 181December 21, 2019 1:32 PM

R146, that photo was yesterday as she exited the train to go to her vacation home. It was not her going to the hospital. She was leaving town as he was being brought to London, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 182December 21, 2019 1:32 PM

So a fall is a "pre existing condition"?

Falls can be deadly in the elderly and especially for the ultra elderly.

by Anonymousreply 183December 21, 2019 1:36 PM

I'm thinking the ongoing condition is chronic UTIs which bring about temporary dementia. He is probably on some kind of prophylactic antibiotic regimen for it. Or he should be. My Granny lasted...with a metal plate in her hip for twenty more years. She was 71 when she fell and broke it.

by Anonymousreply 184December 21, 2019 1:55 PM

Omg I hope none of the Presidential candidates breaks a hip!!!

by Anonymousreply 185December 21, 2019 1:55 PM

It's too much to expect PP's alcoholic grandson and dowdy wife to come to Christmas -- they're havin fun with their real family, Jessie Mulrooney and what's his name Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 186December 21, 2019 2:12 PM

That wasn't the Queen on the way to the hosptial, R145, but on the train platform either in London or getting off at King's Lynn station in Norfolk.

Meghanstan Troll Alert: "Even though the Cambridge household is currently haemorrhaging staff at a crazy rate (with barely a word in the press or online, while mostly fake stories about a couple of staffers leaving the Sussex households created a major outcry).

You really can't make it up when it comes to the Meghanstan delusionists.

The Cambriges aren't "haemorrhaging" staff. If you know something the DM doesn't, do give us a detailed list. As for the news printing "fake stories" about staff leaving the Sussexes, do set the record straight about who left and who didn't.

The Cambridges skipped church with the Queen precisely twice during their nearly decade long marriage. Once when Kate was just past her first ghastly trimester of severe morning sickness with George, for which she was hospitalisec, and once in 2016. Their country home, Anmer Hall, is ON the Queen's Sandringham estate.

The rest of the time, they have shown up every year at least for Christmas Day services and lunch with the Queen before settingout for Kate's family's place for the rest of the holiday. The Middletons are a two-hour drive from Sandringham.

"Lots of times"??

Links, please.

by Anonymousreply 187December 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Ginger and Megs are a couple of selfish children who don't want to pay prices for their deplorable behaviour and repeatedly biting the hand that feeds them. Comparing them to Wills and Kate is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 188December 21, 2019 2:48 PM

That's one plane ride nobody would begrudge them, R177. As long as they flew commercial.

by Anonymousreply 189December 21, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]OMG.

Did you really just write this as if to be in shock at the idea of someone pushing 300 years old being in the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 190December 21, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]Ginger and Megs are a couple of selfish children who don't want to pay prices for their deplorable behaviour and repeatedly biting the hand that feeds them.

Don't use "deplorable" to describe them when we all know the Brits who hate her would've gleefully voted for Trump considering the trash that is Boris is now PM. Racist trash getting all apoplectic over defending some disgusting "royal" family with so much baggage. Phillip being towards the top of that list.

by Anonymousreply 191December 21, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote]Don't use "deplorable" to describe them when we all know the Brits who hate her would've gleefully voted for Trump considering the trash that is Boris is now PM. Racist trash getting all apoplectic over defending some disgusting "royal" family with so much baggage. Phillip being towards the top of that list.

You're a BORE, darling.

A name calling BORE.

by Anonymousreply 192December 21, 2019 3:54 PM

R192, coming from someone who has several posts relating to these strangers, you're in no position to comment on anyone else. Your life choices are questionable.

by Anonymousreply 193December 21, 2019 3:57 PM

R193, and yet here you are.....commenting on a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 194December 21, 2019 4:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 21, 2019 5:22 PM

I thought that the relationship is well known, R195, as is the fact of her frequent visits to his home.

by Anonymousreply 196December 21, 2019 5:31 PM

It has even been written about. Some have said that he lives with Penny.

Still, the appearance of his family not coming to visit and the Queen leaving town is odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 21, 2019 5:42 PM

At 93, the Queen might be relieved and possibly happy that Phil has a side piece.

by Anonymousreply 198December 21, 2019 5:49 PM

At 93 he’s still chasing tail? 😂

by Anonymousreply 199December 21, 2019 6:04 PM

"I want a better nurse, you cow! Send in a darkie with big tits, there's a good girl."

by Anonymousreply 200December 21, 2019 6:25 PM

He has always been an adulterer, R198, it is widely known.

by Anonymousreply 201December 21, 2019 6:39 PM

I know, R201. That's why the Queen might not care and actually give the relationship her blessing. It reminds me a bit of Sisi of Austria and Emperor Franz Joseph. She didn't want to be bothered, so hand picked the mistress. It worked well for all.

by Anonymousreply 202December 21, 2019 6:41 PM

Why did Meghan and Harry travel all the way to Canada if a family member is sick and possibly dying, shouldn't they have stayed in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 203December 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Why did Meghan and Harry travel all the way to Canada if a family member is sick and possibly dying, shouldn't they have stayed in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 204December 21, 2019 6:43 PM

They didn't know he was sick.

FOR ONCE leave them out of this. If he dies and they don't come back, which is NOT going to happen, then you can comment.

by Anonymousreply 205December 21, 2019 6:47 PM

She can’t wait for him to drop dead so she can get a REAL MAN!

by Anonymousreply 206December 21, 2019 7:08 PM

r203/r204, They have amazing things today called Aeroplanes!

by Anonymousreply 207December 21, 2019 7:28 PM

At 98, I doubt Philip's having hot sex with Penny Mountbatten. At this point it would be more companionship than anything else. If the Queen could turn a blind eye to him fucking around in the 50s and 60s, I'm sure she can accept some hand-holding with PM now.

by Anonymousreply 208December 21, 2019 7:48 PM

Its way past time for the old fart to go. Only the good die young perfectly fits him. Especially, so can it is widely believed that he is the one that ordered the hit on Diana.

by Anonymousreply 209December 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Haven't they done this before?

I seem to remember them sending him in for a tune-up right before a few other major holidays.

by Anonymousreply 210December 21, 2019 7:57 PM

The rumours about Penny Romsey were just like the rumours about HM and Lord Portchester and William and Rose Hanbury.

Unproved rumours. Gossip. That's all.

No one suggests that Philip was, as the song in "South Pacific" put it, "as faithful as a bird dog/and as kind as Santa Claus", but the idea that the Queen who bore him four children and who has turned to him for advice and strength for so long doesn't care if he dies after their long partnershp because he had a few on the side is stupid.

I can see her wanting him dead to put him out of his misery. She wouldn't be the first loving family member to accept that the lingering shell of a human they've loved so long would be better off getting it over with.

Just ask any honest attendant at a hospice what happens when the family member murmurs that they think Da could use a bit more morphine.

Philip is 98 years old and as for having sex with Penny or anyone else - please. Most men by 80 need the little blue pill just to get it done.

He's busy trying to make it from one breath to the next.

by Anonymousreply 211December 21, 2019 9:22 PM

Yes, r16. I heard that when Philip dies, after a respectable waiting period, Betty will wed Donald Trump after a quickie divorce from Melanoma.

by Anonymousreply 212December 21, 2019 9:30 PM

He used to talk about how the Queen constantly pestered him for sex so the scenario above does not fly. I imagine she was greatly hurt by his philandering.

by Anonymousreply 213December 21, 2019 9:46 PM

Yeah, well, there are old rumors that Andrew wasn't Philip's son.

True or not, I do hope the Queen did some of her own stepping out over the years. It would be awful to have Pholip's dick be the only one.

by Anonymousreply 214December 21, 2019 9:52 PM

She may have been hurt but she's hardly the first woman who loved a man who wasn't entirely faithful.

by Anonymousreply 215December 21, 2019 10:56 PM

If she did step out, it would be the guy in charge of her horses, right? I think she was very fond of him and they both had love of beautiful horses. They took a trip together, looking for thoroughbreds to buy. I'm not sure why I know this.

by Anonymousreply 216December 21, 2019 11:36 PM

What will be on her iPod?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 22, 2019 1:51 AM

Since Louis Mountbatten was Philip's uncle, I doubt Penny Mountbatten and Philip ever had anything other than a family relationship. and I for one do not subscribe to the notion Philip was a "known cheater." it's very likely he had a side piece now and then, but not anything that would be ever become public knowledge.

He is very much into the duty and honor thing, and he was very pissed off at the lack of decorum of Margaret, Peter Townsend, Margaret and Snowden, and Charles and Andrew. He was the one who forbade Sarah Ferguson from being around the RF when he was around. And he was really put off by Diana's public bullshit.

He is a military man, and he is dutiful. Very much so. In fact given his age, I doubt he has done much of anything for the past 25 years.It might be difficult for some of you to wrap your head around, but I believe they are devoted to one another. I think it is highly likely that Phil has drifted into senility. He probably wears diapers and might sometimes not "get it." The RF wants to maintain the myth of an alert vigorous guy, but he probably is slipping enough so that they want him to "enjoy retirement" and not be seen in public too much.

by Anonymousreply 218December 22, 2019 1:57 AM

Oh, the Queen's a lovely lady, I've written her for years. We're very close. The whole family is just lovely. I collect shortbread tins with her face on the front, and I've got all the royal memorabilia china in my bedsit in mothers' basement. I wear my Princess Diana replica created sapphire and cubic zirconia engagement ring every August 31 when mother and I rewatch the funeral. I must admit, I have a little cry when Elton sings his song. But no, the Duke's not dying. Not now anyway. I'm in the know you see. I have my sources.

by Anonymousreply 219December 22, 2019 2:10 AM

But what about your tiara collection, r219? We know you have one and that you can write paragraph upon paragraph on the provenance of each stone from which your dazzling Diamoniques were copied.

Do tell. Thrill us!

by Anonymousreply 220December 22, 2019 2:27 AM

But what about your tiara collection, r219? We know you have one and that you can write paragraph upon paragraph on the provenance of each stone from which your dazzling Diamoniques were copied.

Do tell. Thrill us!

by Anonymousreply 221December 22, 2019 2:27 AM

As usual the racist Meghan haters have gathered here already.

by Anonymousreply 222December 22, 2019 2:28 AM

We don't hate her cause she's black. We hate her because she's a disrespectful, ignorant, pretentious social climber.

by Anonymousreply 223December 22, 2019 2:39 AM

So you choose to be disrespectful, pretentious and ignorant as a way of getting even?

by Anonymousreply 224December 22, 2019 2:51 AM

I wish HM had gone to the hospital with Philip, even if he didn't want anyone there.

by Anonymousreply 225December 22, 2019 3:10 AM

So you choose to be disrespectful, pretentious and ignorant as a way of getting even?

You make no sense. In any case, Markle chose to pursue this lifestyle, she deserves all she gets. Harry and William were born into it, they've got no choice.

by Anonymousreply 226December 22, 2019 3:35 AM

I can do whatever I want and get away with it because my mother died when I was young!

by Anonymousreply 227December 22, 2019 3:46 AM

"Devoted to one another" is hard to swallow, considering the subject under discussion is the queen going off to Sandringham while Philip is airlifted to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 228December 22, 2019 7:48 AM

The first time: Golden Age Hollywood gossip queen, The Pink Princess, reigning & deigning in heaven, I've no doubt.

To stay: 9/11. The sky was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 229December 22, 2019 8:01 AM

wrong thread @ r229, apologies.

I

by Anonymousreply 230December 22, 2019 8:02 AM

I'm actually calling on a DL Grammar Troll to help me with this question. Why don't the Brits and Canadians use "the" before hospital or university? Is hospital or university considered a state of mind or physical change, similar to going into labor? Please help me understand.

by Anonymousreply 231December 22, 2019 8:30 AM

[quote]I'm actually calling on a DL Grammar Troll to help me with this question. Why don't the Brits and Canadians use "the" before hospital or university? Is hospital or university considered a state of mind or physical change, similar to going into labor? Please help me understand.

This is NOT the time or the place for this. Show some respect.

by Anonymousreply 232December 22, 2019 8:35 AM

Do sit down r232, you may grow faint from the hysterics..

by Anonymousreply 233December 22, 2019 8:38 AM

Why do Americans say "going to prison" or "going to school" without "the" in front?

by Anonymousreply 234December 22, 2019 8:40 AM

No, don't let's get into this boring conversation here.

by Anonymousreply 235December 22, 2019 8:42 AM

Great point r234, I hadn't thought of that! i guess it's for the generic meaning, we reserve the "the" for a specific prison/school. Is "in hospital' jus that generic? Would Brits say, "Philip is in the hospital" if they had a specific location in mind?

by Anonymousreply 236December 22, 2019 8:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Here you go r231.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 22, 2019 9:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 22, 2019 9:44 AM

It's a little Addams Family-esque. George seems put out that his cooking is being interrupted for a photo-op with zombies.

by Anonymousreply 240December 22, 2019 9:50 AM

"What kind of hospital is this, it's five o'clock and no fucking martini!"

by Anonymousreply 241December 22, 2019 10:00 AM

All the reporters are camped out in front of THE hospital. What do they think is going to happen? Even if he dies, they think they'll be let in to take pics of the body?

by Anonymousreply 242December 22, 2019 10:03 AM

How unseemly would it be for Liz, William and George to be sending out photos of cookie baking while Phillip is in the hospital dying. This is purely Royal obsessives wanting there to be drama to keep them entertained.

by Anonymousreply 243December 22, 2019 10:12 AM

Saw the photo @ R237 on UK front pages this morning and thought they're clearly doing what's necessary to quell pearl-clutching alarmism - at this 'special time of the year.' Also to counter 'The Sun's' hilarious melodramatic front page about The Queen yesterday which boomed, 'Lonely This Christmas.'

As against all that, the image @ R239 looks like it belongs on the wall at the end of 'The Shining.'

by Anonymousreply 244December 22, 2019 10:20 AM

R239 photo is creepy. I like the bowls, though.

As long as we are all projecting, I imagine Philip doesn’t want a fuss made, and would prefer everyone leave him in peace so they can do their thing. He doesn’t want to inconvenience people for a small (or medium) health problem. And he certainly doesn’t want the Harkles flying back from obscurity on his account.

by Anonymousreply 245December 22, 2019 10:28 AM

Look at William and George in R239's pic. That look on their faces - hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 246December 22, 2019 10:29 AM

That baking pic was taken at Buckingham Palace earlier this week - BEFORE Philip went into THE hospital.

by Anonymousreply 247December 22, 2019 10:30 AM

It doesn't matter when they were taken. It matters that they've chosen to release at this time. I believe Phillip is in stable health. But it's ironic that the hand-wringers are so concerned about what impression H&M are making.

by Anonymousreply 248December 22, 2019 11:11 AM

They're made a sort of collage of Phil and the hospital etc...some people are SO creative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 22, 2019 11:15 AM

What is a wooden spoon?

by Anonymousreply 250December 22, 2019 11:40 AM

Mummy, I think it's what poor people are born with in their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 251December 22, 2019 11:42 AM

[quote]But it's ironic that the hand-wringers are so concerned about what impression H&M are making.

Those gurls are just obsessed with them.

by Anonymousreply 252December 22, 2019 11:45 AM

r250 Lilibet, it's what we should have taken to Andrew's arse when he was a child so that he might not be embarrassing the shite out of us now!

by Anonymousreply 253December 22, 2019 11:46 AM

Oh no, where is Replikate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Jeffrey and I used to measure cocaine on a tiny spoon before we fucked schoolgirls.

by Anonymousreply 255December 22, 2019 12:00 PM

George looks so miserable in that photo. That bodes well for future antics. He already resents the hell out of royal duty. And what's with the stupid shirts with Peter Pan collars? It was cute up to about age five. That kid's too old for the Little Lord Fauntleroy schtick. I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish here, but it's a fail. Still, not as bad as Harry's Trading Places Santa routine, so minor win, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 256December 22, 2019 1:27 PM

Good god what a troop of dramatists. Obviously, if Philip were dying the Queen would be there and the original report is correct that it's a pre-existing condition and they're making sure he's stable. Meanwhile, Sophie Wessex is already at Sandringham with HM and they've gone to church together this morning, so the Queen's guests are already arriving. She is, in the best tratdition of such people "carrying on". Amd George doesn't look miserable, he looks like a bemused six year old facing a bank of press people, and his Da, his granddad, and his great-grandma are close beside him.

by Anonymousreply 257December 22, 2019 1:36 PM

George always looks fucking miserable. He's inherited the Windsor misery gene.

by Anonymousreply 258December 22, 2019 1:45 PM

I just love how people know what's going on in the mind of a child they have never met who looks because he's not tearing up the stage; unless you're looking for it, he seems perfectly fine - he's not out there alone, in case you didn't notice.

He's dressed for a formal photo op with his fucking Queen on hand and his formally dressed male elders, not a rugby scrum, and we've already seen him plenty of timems dressed in scrappy "kid" outfits when it was appropriate. You can check out the Cambridges' Christmas card photo and hanging out in non-Fauntleroy clothes in the photos of him at that polo match of his father last summer.

His father dressed the same way in formal photos at the same age, but William seems to have grown up with his balls intact.

by Anonymousreply 259December 22, 2019 1:45 PM

r258

They replace the dial phone with a cell phone that's why

by Anonymousreply 260December 22, 2019 1:46 PM

R256, George doesn't look 'miserable' at all in the photographs starring him doing the swirling and taking a rather curious and amused look at Charles' bowl. He does look somewhat uninterested in the photo with Dad, Grandad, HM aka Gan-Gan and the veterans. But just look at William in this particular pic - he looks just about as bored with the picture-taking as George. Like father, like son, I guess.

The look on their faces is hilarious though.

And the photo itself is pretty spooky - they all look like ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 261December 22, 2019 1:47 PM

Considering these are PR photos, and they couldn't even squeeze a smile out of the kid once, I do think he's an unhappy or stubborn child. Again, would not be unusual from that clan. Also, this isn't the first tim he's "chosen not to cooperate". Back to Phil, I think he's going to be with us a fair while longer. Just when people are getting his winding shroud ready, he pops back up.

by Anonymousreply 262December 22, 2019 2:50 PM

Apparently the point of the cookery pics was the show the public ALL the heirs to the throne (& the current monarch, of course) in one photograph...to illustrate the long future of the British monarchy. I just saw it being discussed on the TV news, here in London.

by Anonymousreply 263December 22, 2019 2:52 PM

[quote]Considering these are PR photos, and they couldn't even squeeze a smile out of the kid once, I do think he's an unhappy or stubborn child.

George never been a big smiler. It took him about two years to crack a smile when he was a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 22, 2019 2:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 22, 2019 2:55 PM

I think we'll get to see more of these 'four monarchs within a single photo' pics in the future.

Let's not forget about the one having been taken at George's christening.

by Anonymousreply 266December 22, 2019 2:56 PM

Oh come on, the pics in R264 and R265 were taken the day they paid Mummy a visit in hospital right after Charlotte's birth. The place was crowded with photographers and cheering people - a pretty intimidating view for a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 267December 22, 2019 2:59 PM

[quote]They replace the dial phone with a cell phone that's why

The Queen gets dialling >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 22, 2019 2:59 PM

All princess George needs now is a frilly apron.

by Anonymousreply 269December 22, 2019 3:15 PM

r262 forget young George's smile, he's six, why couldn't they get William to smile? Charles' children sure are a stubborn lot.

by Anonymousreply 270December 22, 2019 3:27 PM

They needed a clown blowing bubbles and making balloon animals behind the photographer. It's not that hard to get little kids to smile.

by Anonymousreply 271December 22, 2019 3:34 PM

r268 what a thrill. I love those old PR clips because they show such pride for the country and monarch. I wish we could have this today, but if we used a clip on the Trumps before a movie (as they typically were shown) or something I'd get up and leave. That outfit was a little more spicy, with the cheetah print, than expected. Phillip looked handsome.

by Anonymousreply 272December 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Does George resemble a young Louie Anderson to anyone besides me?

by Anonymousreply 273December 22, 2019 3:40 PM

Wtf is it with people being obsessed with George smiling, not smiling respectively?

He looks like having lots of fun doing the swirling - and it's pretty clear from his stance that this wasn't the first time he was doing something like that. He doesn't look that much interested in the official pic-taking though - who can blame him? The boy is six years old, ffs, cut him some slack.

by Anonymousreply 274December 22, 2019 3:43 PM

Trying to interpret people‘s expressions in photos is fun but ultimately meaningless. It’s like a National Enquirer cover with a picture of a celebrity appearing to shriek - “ELLEN GOES NUTS!” - when they’re probably saying “excuse me, watch out” to a paparazzo or something. I remember Eddie Murphy did a funny routine on it back in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 275December 22, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote][R268] what a thrill. I love those old PR clips

R272, I KNEW you'd love it.

by Anonymousreply 276December 22, 2019 4:07 PM

Take a closer look at the christmas tree decoration.

Corgies and crowns, hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 277December 22, 2019 4:08 PM

I’ve always thought that, r273. Unfortunately, when I posted it a couple of years ago I accidentally wrote “Armstrong.”

That was not at all what I meant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278December 22, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]Does George resemble a young Louie Anderson to anyone besides me?

No - to ANYONE with eyes.

by Anonymousreply 279December 22, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote] This is NOT the time or the place for this. Show some respect.

Introducing the newest addition to the British Royal Family frau family: the RESPECT troll. He will join such luminaries as the passive aggressive poster of old irrevelant photos, Meghan hater trolls, the title troll, and others. May our paths never cross in real life.

by Anonymousreply 280December 22, 2019 4:45 PM

Hey r280 I love the title troll. These titles can get long winded and outrageous, nice to have a creature form under the bridge keep us on our toes.

by Anonymousreply 281December 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Conflicting time for Andrew. Philip, and the baking photos, have moved the narrative along and away from him, but also underlined his ever-more peripheral status. Maybe he'll risk that Xmas Day church walk after all.

by Anonymousreply 282December 22, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote][R193], and yet here you are.....commenting on a stranger.

My comments are always directed at "strangers" like you with a clear obsession with hating a stranger who actually doesn't warrant the level of hate directed at her. I don't have to know you or any of you to read the psychotic obsession with hating this actual stranger.

Even gotten to a point where some "stranger" gets "likes" for a moronic comment about them being in Canada before the old man got sick but apparently, they were supposed to be psychic knowing he'd get sick, so they should've stayed put. So they should've predicted he'd become sick and since they left knowing he'd be sick...makes them the second coming of Pol Pot.

by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]r25 She has really slowed down, it's true. But still no stick.

And soon, no dick.

by Anonymousreply 284December 22, 2019 5:35 PM

I’m OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 22, 2019 5:42 PM

If Andrew has two brain cells to rub together, he'll be relieved and grateful that the narrative has moved on from him. If he wants to keep living a luxurious, peaceful lifestyle in private, he needs to stay out of the public eye from now on. He should also rein in his grifter ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 286December 22, 2019 7:04 PM

The Queen hates smiling too. I’m the same, people think I’m angry but I just can’t be bothered to smile unless I’m very happy.

by Anonymousreply 287December 22, 2019 7:06 PM

The Queen inherited the Teck resting bitch face from her grandmother Mary. Wee Charlotte got it too. People talk about the strength of the Windsor genes, but that Teck face keeps popping up.

by Anonymousreply 288December 22, 2019 7:10 PM

r264. Shows he has natural "anxious" eyebrows. Thanks for posting that because the boy can't help it. Christ imagine at 6 you get nutters interpreting your mood.

by Anonymousreply 289December 22, 2019 7:54 PM

"Anxious eyebrows," R289? PG is the Peloton spokesperson of the future.

by Anonymousreply 290December 22, 2019 8:41 PM

Charlotte has a hatchet face aged only four. Huge heavy jaw, heavily hooded eyes. Let's hope she inherits Kate's hair and catwalk model figure to balance it all out and not the Yorkie figure. She already looks as if she's got the super thick, glossy hair.

by Anonymousreply 291December 22, 2019 8:45 PM

A few years ago at this time of year Philip had a health crisis. I sort of think it would be fun if Elizabeth expired during the last two weeks of December because that would fuck with the TV channels’ big bucks schedules.

by Anonymousreply 292December 22, 2019 8:48 PM

Not going anywhere, bitches!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 22, 2019 9:00 PM

I see what R289 means: His eyebrows turn down, not up, and it makes him look worried.

by Anonymousreply 294December 22, 2019 9:02 PM

OP, to you this is an OMG thing. To me it's a I don't GAS thing.

by Anonymousreply 295December 22, 2019 9:03 PM

I think Phil is gunning for Princess Alice of Gloucester's title as Longest Lived Royal. To do that, he'll need to stick around until 2024!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 22, 2019 9:05 PM

I doubt he’ll last that long.

by Anonymousreply 297December 22, 2019 9:18 PM

r294, yes you said it better. Lunatics have been saying he looks angry or anxious, but it is his natural brow.

by Anonymousreply 298December 22, 2019 9:18 PM

R56, I loved your rant on women of a certain (extreme) age. Sweet and true. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 299December 22, 2019 9:21 PM

These threads make me laugh , I am an old fart from Yorkshire.

I get called American, Megstan, Katestan, ignorant of UK culture,unaware of royalty...blah blah. It is funny.

by Anonymousreply 300December 22, 2019 10:28 PM

R107 has stated her boundaries and is telling you NOW and not THEN.

by Anonymousreply 301December 22, 2019 10:56 PM

[QUOTE] Furthermore if Thomas Markle is dead, people will say MM causes it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she hired a hit on him, actually. We know she’s capable of it.

by Anonymousreply 302December 22, 2019 10:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 23, 2019 1:00 PM

He always manages to get out of there when ever she comes out .

by Anonymousreply 304December 23, 2019 1:28 PM

R300, dear, you old Tyke you, we think it's wonderful that you are so open about being from Yorkshire.

Disability is nothing to be ashamed of, no matter how it makes others cringe!

by Anonymousreply 305December 23, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]we think it's wonderful

Don't "we" troll.

by Anonymousreply 306December 23, 2019 1:47 PM

We appreciate your monitoring service, R306. We all appreciate it.

Fills those lonely moments of rejection, doesn't it?

We hope so.

by Anonymousreply 307December 23, 2019 2:08 PM

We apologize, R306. We didn't realize that with 45 posts on this thread your situation is so much more dire than we realized.

We would not want to kick the fallen. We are better than that.

by Anonymousreply 308December 23, 2019 2:11 PM

I'm starting a vigil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 23, 2019 2:13 PM

My guess is they'll bring him home for Christmas. Because if they allow him to remain in hospital over Christmas and miss everything then the world will decide that he is either dead or dying. OTOH, if they bring him back and he dies over the holiday, it will seem that they killed him by moving him. Whatever. Here's my theory. He's already dead, or on the verge of dying. They can't afford to disrupt the holiday season so they're waiting until afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 310December 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Maybe he walked in, but he's not walking out of the hospital. Betcha.

by Anonymousreply 311December 23, 2019 2:17 PM

Philip says, "Sod off, you lot!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 23, 2019 7:26 PM

Well, he couldn't very well get Yuletide bedside blowjobs if the family were milling about, could he? So unselfish as usual, that Duke.

by Anonymousreply 313December 23, 2019 7:29 PM

My hunch is that Philip will outlive us all.

by Anonymousreply 314December 23, 2019 7:33 PM

my hunch is we’ll see his skeletal body and blackened eyes next week, holding the reigns on a carriage or behind the wheel of a Range Rover. He’s very spry.

by Anonymousreply 315December 23, 2019 8:04 PM

I suspect that these tune-ups involve transfusions of young blood and other icky yet legal ways of staving off death. Lots of old rich people use them.

by Anonymousreply 316December 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Why not just let go. Everyone dies, what's to be frightened of?

by Anonymousreply 317December 23, 2019 8:12 PM

And they've probably got tubes all over him, keeping him going.

by Anonymousreply 318December 23, 2019 8:13 PM

Who was the person at the same hospital, I think, who was photographed by a pap who broke in? Vague memory of the story.

by Anonymousreply 319December 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Hope he doesn't die on Xmas Day. That would be AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 320December 23, 2019 8:16 PM

They could probably keep him alive by machines until the 26th, and I bet they would, just to avoid unnecessary trouble and drama. This is the same family, after all, who gave the dying George V a lethal dose of morphine so that his death would be reported in time for the morning newspaper deadlines.

by Anonymousreply 321December 23, 2019 8:20 PM

exactly r314. I think he's frail sure, and weakening by the year, but given his hardy appearance at weddings last year I bet he will be with us a while longer. I bet now that he makes it to his 99th next June at least.

He's not on machines, the BRF would be in hospital with him if he was. They watching him to be cautious, if he's around the family and a bunch of kids over Christmas, with his weakened immunity, it could finish him off so they're avoiding that. He'll be back at Sandringham by week's end.

by Anonymousreply 322December 23, 2019 8:21 PM

He's clearly on the way out. I don't think it's even arguable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 323December 23, 2019 8:22 PM

That Christmas card should do him in.

by Anonymousreply 324December 24, 2019 2:24 AM

Told you bitches I’m hardcore!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325December 24, 2019 8:36 AM

Good. I can't help it; I like the old codger.

by Anonymousreply 326December 24, 2019 10:05 AM

Remarkable posture for a 98 year old. He's not all folded in on himself like many people that age are.

by Anonymousreply 327December 24, 2019 10:14 AM

R327, he's been standing at attention for most of his life.

by Anonymousreply 328December 24, 2019 10:14 AM

You know, as I think about it, both the Queen and Phil seem to be very abstemious in their habits. I know we've all read stories of the queen 's alcohol consumption, and we know the Queen mother seemed to have a nice buzz going most days, but I think in real life The Queen and Prince Philip are both very rigorous in their habits. They are careful of what they eat and they eat light foods and avoid the heavy fatty greasy mess that is foundation of the British diet. And they get plenty of fresh air exercise. They walk. And they walk. No little go-carts for them. And their apartments are pretty big so walking every day is unavoidable. I would not be surprised if there was a physical therapist or some other kind of personal trainer who works with them regularly to keep them mobile. It's also a matter of pride. I don't think either one of them would ever want to be seen using a walker....even if they ought to.

by Anonymousreply 329December 24, 2019 10:20 AM

My grandparents died recently at 98 and 96. For the last few years of their lives, although still living independently together, a big family gathering was the last thing they wanted. They would be driven to Christmas dinner at one daughter's house and see the other son in the afternoon. They made it clear they didn't want the extended family of grandchildren and great grandchildren around.

by Anonymousreply 330December 24, 2019 11:10 AM

He was probably topped up with the elixer of youth, R327.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331December 24, 2019 11:40 AM

R329 Agreed. I also follow the "gin and walking" fitness plan, and it's been working very well for me thus far.

by Anonymousreply 332December 24, 2019 11:52 AM

Jesus Christ, he looks like a zombie! Terrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 24, 2019 11:56 AM

I think he looks ghostly. Yes, I mean ghostly, not ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 334December 24, 2019 2:24 PM

They're sending him home to die.

by Anonymousreply 335December 24, 2019 2:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 24, 2019 2:38 PM

The Queen and Philip eat small portions of perfectly prepared organic food. They have access to beautiful walks or riding trails whenever they feel like it. The best doctors in the country cater to their every physical need. Despite the mess their family is, the Queen and Philip don't suffer a lot of the stresses over money and security most people do. Of course they're in good health!

by Anonymousreply 337December 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 24, 2019 2:50 PM

His face and body look thinner than usual. He also has that "vacant look" of someone suffering from Alzheimer's. It's to be expected at his age.

by Anonymousreply 339December 24, 2019 4:08 PM

So young!

by Anonymousreply 340December 24, 2019 4:15 PM

A short video of Philip leaving the hospital - walking unaided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 24, 2019 4:44 PM

US citizen here - for the life of me I don't understand this day in age that the Monarchy continues on the taxpayer's dime - nor do I understand why the Royals would want it to. To the public they seem like monkeys in a cage - and to be a Royal it must seem like they are in a high-class prison being told what they can and cannot do and what they must and must not do. It's all flipping mad! I base this not even considering the numerous scandals (really - scandals is too mild a word to describe their alleged behavior) .... They have their own wealth - throw them out, turn the palaces into museums and let them live their lives on their own dime and in privacy (and hopefully prison for Andrew).

by Anonymousreply 342December 24, 2019 5:04 PM

R342 the Crown Estates bring in more money than the Royals are given to spend. So they aren’t really living off of the taxpayer. Also, contrary to what the family will have you believe, it’s not a terribly stressful life unless you want to behave like an American celebrity. Endless holidays, being fawned over... no wonder they live such long lives. Well at least the ones who don’t go off the rails do.

by Anonymousreply 343December 24, 2019 5:29 PM

r237's pic appears to show bowls of a mixture for Christmas Pudding. It's supposed to bring good luck and long life if everyone in a household where it is made stirs the batter a few times. I have to admit they all look as though they'd rather be anywhere else.

I wonder if HM wanted to accompany Philip to the hospital, but her advisors warned against it?

by Anonymousreply 344December 24, 2019 7:31 PM

Philip is getting a jump on his post-death decomposition.

by Anonymousreply 345December 24, 2019 7:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 24, 2019 7:43 PM

R346-it's without sound supposedly because the Queen will be talking over it. But still, they couldn't have edited the Instagram one to feature some instrumental Christmas music?

by Anonymousreply 347December 24, 2019 7:46 PM

For gawds sake what a bunch of Marys on this thread! Just saw the clip of Philip leaving hospital, perfectly upright and walking faster than I usually do. He shook the hands of the hospital staff with him and clearly spoke to them without assistance or confusion. In full suit and tie to boot.

Of course he looks elderly and his face is rough, he is 98 for cripes sake - how do you think he should look? He doesn't do botox and fillers.

For 98 he is doing really well, which is what I'd posted upthread. Onwards to 99 next June Phil. If he's here still this time next year, he'll hit 100 no question.

by Anonymousreply 348December 25, 2019 12:19 AM

[quote] the Crown Estates bring in more money than the Royals are given to spend. So they aren’t really living off of the taxpayer

You're so funny. You might want to look into how they came to have the Crown Estates. They got them from their relatives thieving and plundering

So called 'royals' have always acted in their own self interest ever since William the Bastard/Conqueror invaded their country, seized power and half of all the land to reward himself and his cronies, which is why the monarchy is so wealthy and we have aristocrats living on huge estates

by Anonymousreply 349December 25, 2019 12:38 AM

Philip's mother also had the deep circles around her eyes as an older woman. I wonder if Charles and Harry, who inherited the close-set Battenberg eyes, will get them too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Young Prince Philip with his parents and sisters. Good-looking family. Too bad so many of them went Nazi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351December 25, 2019 1:01 AM

Philip's mother, aka Princess Alice of Battenberg, had extreme mental problems. Born congenitally deaf, at one point she was diagnosed schizophrenic. But she was also loving, caring and personally shielded Jews from the the Holocaust. She is still revered by very many. She endured a very difficult life.

by Anonymousreply 352December 25, 2019 1:13 AM

R351 those girls needed the German schnitzel!

by Anonymousreply 353December 25, 2019 2:19 AM

Very dour bunch, aren't they, R351. Schnitzel? They need strudel.

by Anonymousreply 354December 25, 2019 5:12 AM

George wears a somewhat kitschig blouse, but they didn't put George in those stupid short trousers this time.

by Anonymousreply 355December 25, 2019 10:01 AM

*they didn't put HIM

by Anonymousreply 356December 25, 2019 10:02 AM

These girls were craving some Schaumrollen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357December 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Greeks tend to have those dark sunken eyes.

But Philip was a handsome man. P

by Anonymousreply 358December 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Philip was indeed a handsome man but he wasn't Greek. He's Danish-German. His grandfather was invited to take the Greek monarchy when there were no heirs and the country was unstable. Philip hasn't a drop of Greek blood in him. His family name is Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.

"George I KING OF GREECE WRITTEN BY: The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica LAST UPDATED: Dec 20, 2019 See Article History Alternative Titles: George I of the Hellenes, Georgios I, Prince William of Denmark, Prins Vilhelm af Danmark George I, original name Prince William of Denmark, Danish Prins Vilhelm af Danmark, (born December 24, 1845, Copenhagen, Denmark—died March 18, 1913, Thessaloníki, Greece), king of the Greeks whose long reign (1863–1913) spanned the formative period for the development of Greece as a modern European state. His descendants occupied the throne until the military coup d’état of 1967 and eventual restoration of the republic in 1973.

Born Prince William—the second son of King Christian IX of Denmark and the brother of Alexandra, the queen consort of King Edward VII of Great Britain—he was nominated to the Greek throne by Britain, France, and Russia after Otto, the first king of Greece, was deposed in 1862. The National Assembly accepted William as king of the Hellenes in March 1863, and he ascended the throne as George (Georgios) I on October 31. Although the early years of his reign were dominated by his harsh and unpopular adviser Count Sponneck, who was obliged to return to Denmark in 1877, he refrained from transgressing the prerogatives of the National Assembly and became one of the most successful constitutional monarchs in Europe."

Successful, that is, until the day the monarchy was overturned in a coup and the royal family fled, although they still call themselves King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of Greece. Anne Marie is the youngest sister of Queen Margrethe of Denmark. so the Danish-Greed connection was renewed in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 359December 25, 2019 1:19 PM

^*Danish-Greek (not Greed)

by Anonymousreply 360December 25, 2019 1:25 PM

Danish-Greed sounds perfectly reasonable to me

by Anonymousreply 361December 25, 2019 2:17 PM

But his under eye area is so RED, not just dark circles. What’s up with that?

by Anonymousreply 362December 25, 2019 7:55 PM

R362 I am guessing skin infections caused by teary/droopy eyes

by Anonymousreply 363December 25, 2019 7:58 PM

A subconjunctival hemorrhage may be the cause. Strong coughs or sneezes can cause little capillaries under the eyes to burst. Couple a 98 y.o. with a respiratory infection & his thinning skin and old blood vessels? Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 364December 25, 2019 9:59 PM

I wonder if he'll see The 'Twenties - for the SECOND time.

by Anonymousreply 365December 25, 2019 10:03 PM

Do you think Liz still gets horny for him? How could she — look at him!

by Anonymousreply 366December 25, 2019 10:10 PM

R366 I'm sure they stopped fucking 20 years ago

by Anonymousreply 367December 25, 2019 10:13 PM

If he was getting blood transfusions from teens, see above, would that cause the thin skin around his eyes to look so red?

I personally think he fell and hit his head and that accounts for the look around his eyes. Perhaps he was being monitored for a concussion?

by Anonymousreply 368December 25, 2019 11:14 PM

The original press reports said his hospitalization was due to an existing pre-condition and a fall. Those reports disappeared quickly.

Judge Judy said on one of her shows that when she turned 70 her doctor told her "Never fall."

Personal advice from an Eldergay who fell: "Never fall."

by Anonymousreply 369December 25, 2019 11:21 PM

[quote]If he was getting blood transfusions from teens, see above, would that cause the thin skin around his eyes to look so red?

Why do you think this alleged "medical procedure" leads to dermal thickening and capillary regrowth? Unless you're joking, you sound suspiciously like those Celebitchy fraus who think Harry is in line for the monarchy of not just Canada, but Australia, too.

by Anonymousreply 370December 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Never fall

by Anonymousreply 371December 26, 2019 6:28 PM

Am I the only person who keeps hearing the thread title sung to the tune of Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah?

Philip's in hospital in London Philip's in hospital in Lo-on-do-on Philip's in hospital in London Strummin' on the old banjo

by Anonymousreply 372December 26, 2019 7:45 PM

Bit off topic, but I’ve been looking at all the pictures of Princess Charlotte on the Christmas walk. I think we can officially and safely assume she’s going to be a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 373December 26, 2019 9:22 PM

You are a freak, R370. No one has mentioned Harry but you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 27, 2019 2:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!