Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bleach baths for eczema

Bleach isn't just for supermarket cut fruit! Put your SELF in a 10 minute bath with half a cup of bleach. I am surprised, it helps a lot. After, cover your body with moisturizer. Recommended by eczema info sites on Internet and yet my doctor never suggested this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2019 5:12 PM

A Stanford study reflected it also slowed aging in skin - of course it is now difficult to find the articles about that.

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2019 11:32 AM

You bathe in an inch of water?

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2019 11:35 AM

Oh for heaven sake! Why not just bathe the hot lava?

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2019 11:37 AM

I'm usually open-minded, but I'm not soaking in a bath with Clorox while I have active eczema. Sodium hypochlorite kills germs, which are not the cause of eczema.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2019 11:39 AM

Read up on it R4. Staph is involved in eczema. The bleach kills the staph. Apparently it may have another anti-inflammation effect.

The research is now going towards finding and developing creams with the right mix of probiotics and bacteria that can repopulate the skin that is suffering. Unfortunately, it needs to be individually determined and cultivated, thus too expensive and impracticable for now.

But for now, the bleach baths do work.

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2019 11:44 AM

But, I don’t want my skin repopulated.

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Oh do keep up. We need the good bacteria everywhere, apparently. It's the new cure-all. Bespoke ass eating and bacterial creams.

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2019 11:50 AM

R5, I'm not going to publish why I was hospitalized and what I had, but it was not sexually-transmitted. I had 2 IVs pumping 7 antibiotics into me long-term. My eczema got worse. If staph causes it, those would've killed it dead and one of many doctors including dermatologists would've told me by now, so I respectfully call bullshit. By the way, at least 3 doctors I've seen volunteered they also suffer it and never said a word about staph.

R4

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2019 11:52 AM

r6 It's going to get repopulated anyway unless you're using bleach everyday. The right kind of bacteria is a natural part of healthy skin and an imbalance there can result in dryness, redness, and all sorts of other nasty things, so be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2019 11:53 AM

OP - the same mixture helps with dry eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2019 12:12 PM

Do you turn white?

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2019 12:14 PM

It might be okay for ladies, and probably necessary to disinfect. They used to use Clorox to douche, but that has unfortunately fallen out of favor. It should be mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2019 12:22 PM

R12, that's vinegar and water, not Clorox and water.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2019 12:26 PM

Medical topics are not the time for kidding, R10. That’s a wholly irresponsible comment.

by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2019 12:27 PM

I hope that's true OP/R10. If I go blind I'll never be able to find you to take my revenge. Wait... R 14 just posted. [bold]It's not true?!?[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2019 12:28 PM

R2 = Sophia Petrillo

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2019 12:29 PM

R10 that is a godawful comment. Did anyone “see” “Ray”? Well, if you did, you didn’t use this mixture beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2019 3:26 AM

Is this much more concentrated than swimming pool water? They put bleach in that, too, right?

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2019 4:50 AM

When I had a bad psoriasis outbreak, I took tar oil baths, which is like adding water-solvable asphalt to bath water. It’s really hard to clean the tub, afterward, it it helped.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2019 4:52 AM

[quote] [R12], that's vinegar and water, not Clorox and water.

No, vinegar doesn’t disinfect. You need something to kill all the germs. It’ll never stay totally clean for long. You’d need to constantly flush it out with a steady stream of water for that. Not really practical.

But you do need to get in there with some Clorox at least twice a day. Then go in with a wet rag, as far up there as you can get it. Really wipe it out. Pussies are gross and filthy and start stinking in no time.

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2019 4:59 AM

It works on my asshole after a long weekend at the sauna.

by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2019 5:01 AM

R18 that's correct, but it's a special type. I remember swimming as a boy and the person would come out with the test kit to check the chemical levels and probably to check for urine in the water also! Since a young age, I will not get into a public swimming pool. I think a half cup (4 ounces) of bleach in one bathtub is too much, but that's not my area of expertise.

by Anonymousreply 22December 20, 2019 5:39 AM

I didn't pull this out of my ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 20, 2019 2:13 PM

R23 thanks, I agree. However, that's only for atopic dermatitis. There are different types of eczema. And it assumes a 40-gallon bathtub, which is large. My dermatologist always does skin scrapings, does something with them and checks under her microscope; there are no bacteria in my samples. I've put Neosporin on mine and like I said, have been prescribed antibiotics -- no change, so a bleach bath will not work and will probably make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 24December 20, 2019 2:53 PM

According to WebMD it is the bath that is helping with the eczema not the bleach. People with dry skin tend to avoid baths thinking avoiding them will help keep the skin from drying out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 20, 2019 3:10 PM

Bleach water makes my skin want to crack open worse. I can't see trying this and surviving.

FYI---White vinegar IS a disinfectant. Ol' Hints from Heloise did a test: wet raw chicken on cutting boards, one cleaned with vinegar and one cleaned with bleach = same disinfectant quality. Vinegar is suggested because it is biodegradable and bleach is a caustic chemical.

FYI---it's vinegar and water for douche. The other product that was pitched to women for douching was diluted LYSOL---the kind from the brown bottle that is added to laundry. I have some of the very same ads below from 1930s Cosmopolitan magazines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 20, 2019 3:27 PM

A Stanford study demonstrated hat regular old bleach diluted in a bath helped to improve the skin of aging mice

by Anonymousreply 27December 20, 2019 3:35 PM

Oh dear, what a rabbit hole. Scroll down on this one to see the 70s neckbeard guy who says, AMy doesn't need to douche but she knows I love apricots.

Blerg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 20, 2019 3:35 PM

R26 thanks, OMG, I can't believe those fuckers recommended diluted Lysol for douching. You do know that females using a douche is entirely unnecessary? I'm a man and I know that!

Vinegar is

by Anonymousreply 29December 20, 2019 3:44 PM

R29---Yup, I know. Douching used to be considered a contraceptive method...If you read any Henry Miller, the women characters are always douching after HM shoots his mighty load in there. Perhaps if they added Lysol, it would kill sperm....but HM doesn't mention Lysol. Just plain water can, in fact, rush the sperm right up into the uterus and aid in fertilization. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 30December 20, 2019 3:58 PM

R30, you'd better believe it. My grandmother believed douching immediately after unprotected sex would help prevent pregnancy, when the medical fact is that it enhances the odds of getting pregnant! That's one reason my grandparents had so many children they probably really did not want! And there was no birth control and they were taught oral sex was a sin and disgusting.

And no, a woman cannot use a douche with bleach in it. No, nobody should use anything with bleach to clean their genitalia! What's wrong with you people?

by Anonymousreply 31December 20, 2019 4:06 PM

It's fine but you should not bathe in it for more than ten minutes, try to limit the bath to the affected part only, rinse yourself thoroughly once done, (not in hot water, coldest you can tolerate) and not more than three times a week, never consecutive days

by Anonymousreply 32December 20, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote]and bleach is a caustic chemical.

It needs a caustic chemical! Have you ever SMELLED a pussy? No way could vinegar take care of that! It needs bleach. And a Brillo pad. And something to cauterize the damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 33December 20, 2019 4:14 PM

Betting R33 is a hysteric who has never smelled a pussy, with Mommy issues galore.

by Anonymousreply 34December 20, 2019 4:16 PM

I smelled it! I had my face right up to it. It looked like Cthulhu! And then when I put my dick in it, it tried to snap it right off! My penis wilted immediately in order to escape. Never experienced anything so horrifying in my life!

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2019 4:20 PM

You don't put much in a tub of water. Vinegar can be caustic too, but you only use a little.

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2019 4:21 PM

R36..

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 4:25 PM

R35 For crissakes your "gay man mocks stinky pussy" routine is crustier and mustier than Hillary Clinton's cooze. It's you who needs to "freshen up".

by Anonymousreply 38December 20, 2019 4:27 PM

R38 honestly, I had never heard of that word until recently. Is it pronounced cooz or cooza?

by Anonymousreply 39December 20, 2019 4:29 PM

R38= lesbian

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]half a cup of bleach.

Is it enough for 350-lb beached whales around here?

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2019 4:33 PM

you can also use it to bleach your mussy!

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2019 4:34 PM

350-lb beached whales with eczema might as well use hydrochloric acid.

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2019 4:39 PM

The amount of beach half cup is based on 40 gallons for the average bathtub not the weight of the person

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote]Bespoke ass eating

This.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2019 4:51 PM

Bespoke ass eating requires the use of a carefully curated artisanal chlorine product.

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2019 5:04 PM

"you can also use it to bleach your mussy!"

Thanks for the tip. I've been told I need to do some light housekeeping "down there."

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2019 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!