Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What does “Stan” mean???....

Is it a super fan? I can’t STOMACH the way these millennials speak...it’s like they are all STUPID.

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2019 5:00 AM

Here you go, toots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2019 8:15 PM

Your biggest fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2019 8:16 PM

God, old people are so fucking annoying. Go listen to Eminem's "Stan".

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2019 8:16 PM

I believe it is a portmanteau of stalker and fan.

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2019 8:16 PM

R4 wins.

End of thread.

OP, next time, let Google be your friend...

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2019 8:19 PM

Obviously a hip reference to the great..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2019 8:23 PM

Oops, I thought OP was referring to “Stan” as in Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan etc. I see now, I was very mistaken. 🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2019 8:28 PM

Other than the term stan, which has its roots in an Eminem song, yes Millenials do sound stupid when they talk. As a Millenial myself, I cannot stand their slang.

"Slaaay" No. Stay away from me. "Don't you even?" No. Never. "I just can't" Then DON'T.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2019 8:33 PM

Nice theory R4. According to Wikipedia, the term traces back to the Eminem song. It entered the Oxford English Dictionary in 2017.

Uncensored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2019 8:37 PM

[quote] As a Millenial myself, I cannot stand their slang.

EVERY generation has/had slang unique to that generation.

Language is a living thing.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2019 9:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2019 9:20 PM

"Stan" has been used widely on the internet for almost 20 years, and its hardly a term millennials invented. I can't imagine how out of touch OP must be if she is bent out of shape about it.

She must also be a Pete Buttigieg stan.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2019 9:26 PM

R10 uh yeah I never said anything about whether generations have unique slang or not. I said that Millenial's slang sounds lame and illiterate as fuck. Just because language is a living thing doesn't give you poetic license to bastardize it. Get it now?

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]uh yeah I never said anything about whether generations

R13, I get that you started a post out with "uh" so I stopped paying attention until you can figure out what it is you'd like to say.

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2019 11:08 PM

Not an Eminem fan, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2019 4:48 AM

R3, that song is almost 20 years old and hasn't been popular since I was in high school. I feel 'dated' now!

by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2019 5:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!