Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whiner Thread! Please Use This Thread To Vent About All Your Frustrations!

I rescue abused dogs. I have a dog that is deathly afraid of phone sounds. I’m expecting a very important call today, so my sound is on. My dog is freaking out. I had to give myself a time out, because he was acting too needy. We have had him for over 10 years now, and he still is traumatized by sound? Seems like attention seeking behavior on my dogs part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 9:53 PM

Now THAT'S what I call an elaborate scenario.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 9:01 PM

R1 it’s true.

But thanks!

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 9:03 PM

OMG I just came back from the gym and some holiday shopping...kill me now. Well, it's a xmas miracle I didn't kill anyone today. When will people just figure out how to put their phones on bluetooth before they drive so they can pay attention to their driving and not put the rest of us in danger? Oh, and the speed limit is 45 not 20. And the fattie in the shopping scooter..will you please stopped texting and fucking move out of the way so I can get by?

I feel sooo much better now

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 9:27 PM

R3 lol

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 9:31 PM

this is actually not uncommon but not for the reason you may think. the electronic dings, beeps, rings, chirps of cell phones fire detectors with chirping battery warning, coffee maker signaling it's done etc can REALLY hurt certain dog's ears/hearing.

I have noticed it most in spitz or border collie type dogs. my fluffy bunny, who you all held my hand re putting him down, was especially sensitive to it normally and the last six months would wet himself. only electronic sounds. it became clearer he had dementia because of the increased panic reaction.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2019 9:41 PM

r4, I swear if I didn't have a decent sense of humor I would have offed myself a long time ago...thankfully, I can still laugh at some of the crap that happens to me. The above story of part of my day was true

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2019 9:50 PM

R6 I believed you.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!