Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That 40-year-old midget posing as a wheelchair-bound 9-year-old is back in another Shriners Hospital ad

And yes, the "adowable" blanket is back, too. Also making a guest appearance: More bad acting. God, I hate these ads with the intensity of a supernova.

The 2017 thread on the original ad is one of my all-time favorites: www.datalounge.com/amp/thread/18410947-i-hate-that-shriner-s-hospital-for-children-tv-add

You can't tell me that shitty little con artist isn't an adult. I bet he's hiding a flask and a dimebag in that blanket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Sorry about the dead link in the original post!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 11:28 PM

Has Marlo put a hit out on him yet?

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2019 12:10 AM

I hated him when he ran for president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2019 12:21 AM

He's on CBS Sunday right now.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2019 1:24 PM

Yes, I muted his entire segment. I can’t stand the sound of his voice!

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2019 1:39 PM

Wow, he does look really old in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2019 1:45 PM

He's not as fun as the Ukrainian girl

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2019 1:55 PM

Lizha and adowabwe Awec need to do a commercial together.

"Shrinersh Hoshpitalsh for Children in Shinshinnati"

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2019 2:10 PM

According to the Sunday Morning segment, he’s 17 and has brittle bone disease. He’s broken 60 bones over the years.

They also said he’s an sports expert and very knowledgeable about all kinds of sports. Too bad he has such a bad lisp, he could be an announcer.

They showed his parents and neither had that New York/Brooklynese accent he appears to have. I wonder where he’s from.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2019 12:18 AM

R5, you should've listened. His balls dropped! Holy shit, his voice is now deep. Watch it!

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2019 2:57 PM

Well R9 now we know how he broke those bones and ended up in a wheelchair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2019 8:59 PM

^^^LMFAO!!!^^^

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote]According to the Sunday Morning segment, he’s 17 and has brittle bone disease. He’s broken 60 bones over the years.

To break one bone might be regarded as a misfortune. To break 60 looks like carelessness!

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2020 10:46 PM

They must not need money that badly if they can afford to run these ads on cable TV literally every 3 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2020 10:49 PM

His buddy Caweb looks like a midget mafioso. He also has brittle bone disease. If Shriner’s had any marketing instinct, they would promote a pay per view match between Awex and Caweb. No wheelchairs allowed. Last midget with an unbroken bone remaining wins.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2020 10:54 PM

There's another Shriners Hospital ad running in my area and it looks like they may be phasing out lil Caleb, who was taking over Alec's position. The latest child they're focusing on is an Asian boy, with a thick head of dark hair -- he may be the next up and comer poster boy for the facility. He's photogenic, speaks to the camera from his wheelchair; he has all of his limbs, so there's no shock factor like some of the other, more visibly challenged kids with stumps and bald heads. Good spokesperson material.

Wonder if they'll ever make a girl the star of their commercial or will that pull the pedos out of the woodwork.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2020 11:04 PM

Yeah - it's a disturbing ad. I'm like - who is this grown man acting like a child? Plus he's really hamming it up - way too OTT.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2020 11:07 PM

When are they going to feature a trans girl of color in one of these ads.

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2020 11:14 PM

R1 OP Thank you for that link! I laughed until I pissed. I've always felt guilty that I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL so much and these links make me feel less alone!

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]Wonder if they'll ever make a girl the star of their commercial

My money is on that blonde trying to play basketball with flippers

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2020 1:11 AM

OMG, you mean they done pulled a cousin Oliver on Alec with this Kaleb kid???

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2020 1:17 AM

I have always had an aversion to any circumstance where children are acting as if they are adults. St. Jude has gone overboard with whoring these kids out. I can almost guarantee you some of those kids now consider themselves stars and once their 15 minutes from being in these commercials is over and their TV lives are over they're going to suffer greatly. They're going to be mad at the world because no one will hire them to be on TV anymore. This is why the hospital should have never started this ad campaign using the kids. Plus, it smacks of a colossal guilt trip to get money out of people. Very off putting IMO.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2020 1:44 AM

That commercial is so fucking annoying and is it my imagination or does it run at least twice as long as most other commercials?

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2020 1:52 AM

"Sour-faced dandy" - Homophobe Serling!

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2020 1:59 AM

Oops, wrong thread^

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2020 2:00 AM

Whenever Alex tells Caleb to “Come with me” I always mentally add “if you want to live” ala Terminator 2.

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote]And yes, the "adowable" blanket is back, too.

Every time I hear that kid speak in the commercial, my skin crawls.

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2020 2:38 AM

St. Jude's does similar ads with class. I don't know what Shriner's is trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2020 2:47 AM

Kaleb looks like Cathy, Arnold's friend from Different Strokes.

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2020 2:51 AM

This, from a few Christmases ago. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2020 3:49 AM

I think you mean "Chwistmases"

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2020 3:58 AM

I guarantee the adowable blanket will fall apart after one wash.

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2020 4:02 AM

So...we're all pretty much in agreement, right? That we're all going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2020 4:06 AM

R30 Fuck you for putting that in my head.

by Anonymousreply 34January 2, 2020 4:24 PM

I'm picturing Alec and his parents checking into some hotel and Alec pitching a huge fit if the hotel doesn't upgrade them to a luxury suite for free due to his celebrity status.

by Anonymousreply 35January 2, 2020 5:32 PM

You're welcome, R34!

by Anonymousreply 36January 2, 2020 5:34 PM

R35 Oh yeah. 'Don't you know me? I'm adowable!"

by Anonymousreply 37January 2, 2020 5:36 PM

St Judes does good work, but I'm sure far more children are turned away than are accepted for treatment. They only accept patients whose illnesses fall within the range of treatments they are doing clinical trials on. As I see it the only real benefit for being treated by St. Judes is that it's free, although if you have insurance they will absolutely require you to present it to them so they can file against it.

by Anonymousreply 38January 2, 2020 5:38 PM

Is it true that Alex is in his late teens? Does he have a life path? Or is he just living off residuals? I want to know more about the NOW Alex. Caleb is a big-eared bore. Whiny voice, no speech impediment. He's no Alex.

by Anonymousreply 39January 2, 2020 5:39 PM

R39, he’s 17. See R9.

by Anonymousreply 40January 2, 2020 6:07 PM

R40 Thanks. I remember there was a thread about him being on a 'news' show...20/20, dateline, something like that. Anybody have more information, maybe a link? I'm so fucking lazy I'm ashamed. (But that doesn't stop me....)

by Anonymousreply 41January 2, 2020 6:10 PM

Hi OP! This is a great post and I’m really fascinated by the subject and I’m so glad that you decided to post about it! It’s always so great to talk about this. It’s such a good topic that I think it’s already been covered. If I’m correct, it’s been covered several times. As a matter of fact OP I’m pretty GODDAMN SURE IT’S BEEN COVERED SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES!!!

I’m sure you’re probably new here OP and that’s okay. You’re always welcome here and I’m so glad that you want to participate and bring up such interesting subjects. What most of the posters do is to do a search first before we make a new post that way we don’t HAVE A BUNCH OF GODDAMN MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKING DUPLICATE THREADS!!! It’s fucking rude as hell when people like you come on here without doing a search first and just post!! It’s selfish and self-centered for people to come on here and post without doing a fucking search first!! Who the hell do you think you are!!!

OP I really enjoy this post a lot too and I love that you brought the subject up. What’s really neat is when someone has the consideration to do a search and add their new comments to the previous thread and then we can see the evolvement of the subject over time. BUT YOU COULDN’T FUCKING BE BOTHERED TO DO THAT MOTHER FUCKER!! YOU ONLY CARED ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR WANTS AND YOUR NEEDS!! YOU DIDN’T EVEN TAKE ONE MINUTE TO THINK ABOUT OTHERS!! I HATE YOU OP! I HATE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY!! IF I EVERY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE, I WILL BURN YOUR GODDAMN HOUSE DOWN WITH YOU IN IT!!!

Do a search first mother fucker before you post! Is that going to kill you? Is it? Is it? I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 42January 2, 2020 6:28 PM

What you people fail to realize is that Alex is a very talented actor. He's actually a blonde surfer type, is 6' 2", and is 25 years old. Recent photo below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 2, 2020 6:33 PM

Who is actually the guy at R43?

by Anonymousreply 44January 2, 2020 6:36 PM

Tiny people can be so inconvenient.

by Anonymousreply 45January 2, 2020 6:44 PM

R42 Thanks, Nancy. You just sucked the life out of this thread. Hope you're proud of yourself and the effort you put into that rant.

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2020 6:47 PM

R42 is a troll who just pasted that stupid unfunny rant on another thread. She thinks she's hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2020 6:52 PM

This is the weirdest thread ever. As for r11 ... My sides! 😆

by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2020 6:53 PM

His name is Alec not Alex, and he’s mine, all mine.

by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2020 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!