Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ruth Bader G is sick

She's in the hospital! Pray or Trump's appointing an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Too close to the election 2020.

Cheeto should not be allowed to nominate anyone.

They set the precedent, so they can live with it.

If the Dems cave and let a vote go through without forcing the issue (which I recognize they would likely lose and a vote would occur), I will have no respect for any of them. Rethugs need to be dragged through the mud and their utter hypocrisy on this point should be front and center through the entire 2020 campaign for congress, senate, and president.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2019 12:21 AM

“She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., before being transferred to Johns Hopkins Hospital for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection. With intravenous antibiotics and fluids, her symptoms have abated and she expects to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday morning. Further updates will be made when available,” it said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2019 12:23 AM

She pisses me off every time I see her face. She's an utter selfish asshole for not retiring in the first two years of Obama's second term.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2019 12:28 AM

Totally agree with R1.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2019 12:30 AM

I agree with r3. Shouldn't have been so selfish and should have retired during O's second term.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2019 12:37 AM

Democratic politicians really need to talk about the Supreme Court the way Republicans do. So many young left-leaning morons say that the parties are "the same" anyway and it doesn't really matter who wins. Really?

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2019 1:53 AM

Save us, RBG, you're our only hope

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2019 1:54 AM

R5, she knows a lot more about her health than you do and about her stamina and mental functioning. Why don't you call the white house and demand Trump's resignation after the essentially emergency visit to Walter Reed?

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2019 2:09 AM

I want her to live just long enough so that she’ll be at death’s door just as we approached the election.

Maybe that will get lazy Dems to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2019 2:15 AM

Yes, R6, and I long have said Democrats/liberals need a moderate-to-progressive version of the Federalist Society. And revivify the College Democrats across the country. They were big when I was in college in the 80s, and I have no idea why this pipeline to elective office largely has been abandoned.

But I have no idea how that can happen with a Democratic Party that's been terrified of being labeled "Liberal," of alienating long-lost bitter racist "Reagan Democrats," of fully embracing Labor/unions, of engaging fully with African Americans to understand why this crucial voting bloc so often simply sits on the sidelines and won't vote.

Hell, they let that pissant insect exterminator Tom Delay thoroughly fuck over Democrats for generations with his full-on gerrymandering. And so-called "lions" of the House and Senate (Kennedy, Daschle, Gephardt, Conyers, Breaux, Baucus, etc.) simply rolled over and let us get raped. Even Clinton and Gore didn't raise the stink they should have.

Just like Obama and Biden didn't raise holy Hell about Merrick Garland not getting his due with a seat on SCOTUS.

I just don't get it. You don't have to be an AOC or Omar to be a strong fighter for your party and the American people. But you do have to fight.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2019 2:40 AM

I don't like Dems who won't right - because "unity."

The GOP isn't interested in unity. Or moderation. They would kill us if they could.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2019 3:01 AM

I hope she gets well soon.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2019 3:19 AM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized For Fever, Chills

The Supreme Court Justice was admitted after experiencing a fever. She is expected to be released as early as Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2019 3:32 AM

She has a hot ass, which doesn't bode well for her.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2019 3:38 AM

Wish she had stepped down when Obama was President and while the Dems had control of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2019 3:52 AM

She’s in her prime. We Dems like our leaders to be 80+.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2019 4:03 AM

She should have been President.

Judge Judy for President. I don't think Putin or anyone could survive Judge Judy.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2019 4:09 AM

She should have retired the day after Obama got re-elected. Selfish woman. If trump gets another 4 years she will definitely die during his second term.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2019 4:13 AM

Prayers are a joke.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2019 4:15 AM

I think she’s had cancer every ten years, this is maybe the third time? I hope she recovers. She’s an amazing woman and her jabot collection is tops.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2019 4:18 AM

Mandatory retirement age for everyone for every job should be 70!

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2019 4:21 AM

R21 they are raising retirement age to 70 in my country. People here used to retire around 55 if okay money wise, or 65 when their pension pays.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2019 5:06 AM

She is not going to survive this. she will gone by Christmas

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2019 5:46 AM

[R17] As much as I love Judge Judy, I think it's possible she voted for Trump (or didn't vote for Hillary, which was basically a vote for Trump). Even back in November 2015, anyone who suggested he "tone it down," must be considering voting for him.

As of this past October, she endorsed Bloomberg. She seems to be dead-set against Warren or Sanders, and Buttigieg, Harris, or even Biden. She considers them all unelectable and, if they were elected, wouldn't be up to the task of healing the nation after beating Trump. While I admire Judge Judy and love her to death, I give a serious side-eye to that "tone it down" line. By November 2015, he said and did enough that made him an awful human being whom no sane and reasonable person should have been considering as a candidate.

I side-eye the whole "healing the nation" thing as well. Of course, the country is broken and need of repair. But, when you have tens of millions of American citizens drinking the Kool-Aid, "healing the nation" isn't a priority. I also disagree with her that Warren and Sanders are unelectable. The 2018 and 2019 elections have shown indications that the country is ready for change and a shift to the left. Some argue that they were ready in 2016 and believe the country would have elected Sanders. I'm not so sure about that. But, I have a brother who is in the tank for Trump and he liked Sanders a lot.

The world is strange.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2019 6:04 AM

Smart thinking r9

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2019 8:20 AM

This only has 25 replies and the InstaHos have like 150 in 3 hours. This site has gone down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2019 8:55 AM

R24 i think there was more than a few people who would have voted for Sanders but wouldn’t transfer that vote to Hillary. I found that surprising since they are both not Republican. Even with as unpalatable as some people seem to find Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2019 9:02 AM

If you wanted to make sure that she would actually be healthy and live much longer, then the thread should have been titled that it's her sad last days.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Instahoes act as an increasing important form of relief in this crazy topsy turvy and frightening world perhaps? R26

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Judge Judy says that she’s an “Independent”, so I have no doubt that she voted for Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2019 11:46 AM

Why did no one try to persuade RBG to step down while Obama was President?

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2019 9:33 PM

People did, R31. She refused.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2019 10:05 PM

tough old bird

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2019 1:51 PM

We will truly be fucked if she dies....

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Being stubborn and determined got her to the supreme court. Being stubborn and determined kept her there when she should have retired.

Gnashing my teeth in anger is pointless as far as I am concerned. Did anyone predict we would get to where we are now during the Obama years?

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2019 2:34 PM

Trump will nominate Merrick Garland to replace her, to show the country how fair-minded he is.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2019 3:52 PM

And revivify the College Democrats across the country. They were big when I was in college in the 80s, and I have no idea why this pipeline to elective office largely has been abandoned.

Because the potential recruits are too busy protesting climate change by not letting the Harvard-Yale proceed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2019 4:24 PM

Was Greeta Thunderberg there during the match . R37

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2019 4:26 PM

Off the subject, but wasn’t her son a young Master Bader?

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2019 4:30 PM

R23, Christmas is in 3 days and she's still here and working. And she will be here at least through the next election. So if you are unhappy with the state of things, i suggest you register a few friends to vote, make sure they get to the polls and you all vote for the democratic candidate in the next presidential election. Meanwhile you can push for voting mechanisms that the Russians can't hack.

by Anonymousreply 40December 22, 2019 10:27 PM

What's wrong with her neck? She had cervical spine fusion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 22, 2019 10:34 PM

What are you talking about?? I saw Ruth just today out Hannaka shopping, proving that she is fit as a fiddle!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2019 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!