Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sasquatch or Wendigo? Mystery howls in Canadian wilderness spark confusion

Scary howls in the middle of nowhere, 50 km from the nearest town in northwestern Ontario, so far defy analysis. I'll put the recording of the howls inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2019 11:17 AM

Here are the howls caught on tape--also, a child in the group is mimicking them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2019 7:53 PM

Obviously the grape-stomping lady took another fall while practicing far from other humans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2019 8:01 PM

At the bottom of the article it says it "could be a wolf." Occam's razor. It's probably a wolf.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2019 8:10 PM

A she-wolf in heat.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2019 8:19 PM

Unlikely to be in heat at this time of year R4, but likely a wolf just howling for the sheer joy of howling.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2019 8:22 PM

It doesn't sound like the classic sasquatch howl. But individuals have different vocalizations and the effect of the terrain's acoustics perhaps affected it. They send the long howls out for summoning, locating and warning, not for mating. They're circumspect about mating. And they don't do the territorial yells, except to warn off humans.

Wendingos are legendary, not real like the various sasquatch species/subspecies.

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2019 8:28 PM

A wendingo ate my baby.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2019 8:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2019 11:55 PM

The restless spirits of dead twink nazi killers stalk the Canadian wilderness.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2019 4:53 AM

R1 I would be driving as fast as I could to an urban area if I ever heard that in the wilderness. Sounds like something from a horror movie!

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Sounds manmade. It’s either a hoax, a machine of some kind, or HAARP.

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2019 5:31 AM

After the baby screamed it sounded like whatever it was started coming towards them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2019 5:38 AM

Sky trumpets?

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2019 6:01 AM

A moose or a wolf in distress or a Sasquatch having diarrhea

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2019 6:15 AM

[quote] or a Sasquatch having diarrhea

No, I took an Imodium that morning.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2019 6:17 AM

r6 tell us more. Or, what do you consider a good resource.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2019 6:27 AM

Sam and Dean Winchester are on the case!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2019 6:43 AM

Here's the Wendigo taking a smoke break....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2019 6:44 AM

Sorry, this should have been the photo for R17.

My bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2019 6:45 AM

But do you have abandoned, random staircases in your Canadian woodlands?

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2019 6:47 AM

That was no wolf. It sounded almost human but a large creature of

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2019 6:52 AM

This is how you take down a Wendigo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2019 6:54 AM

Okay then, after I actually listened, that's no wolf, not a cougar either.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2019 7:57 AM

R1 As many others have noted on the YouTube link, that's a bear roar, not a wolf howl.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2019 8:22 AM

This is an obvious fake. The acoustics are of something making a noise in a concrete enclosure that has at least 3 sides and a concrete or stone floor. There is no natural echo is an open forest. You have to have a hard surface for sound to bounce back and force to create echo. When I sped it up it sounded like a seal in a concrete enclosure. In this video the'animal' sound is slowed down to make it sound deeper but the echo is still there.

Geez, people. Go to youtube and speed up the sound more the 2x. 3x if you can. You can do this is simple MS Movie Maker.

Adding this to a video where a toddler babbling is smart as it seems to be a call and response.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2019 8:38 AM

I rented a cabin in Eastern Ohio, and one night, when I went out to look at the stars (you can see the Milky Way there) there was a very strange, husky voice coming out of the woods. I thought it might be the grass man (Ohio's version of Bigfoot), but I later realized it must have been a black bear. I watched videos on Youtube later, and I'm pretty sure that it was a black bear, but they're pretty rare in Ohio. The reason they call Bigfoot "Grass Men" is that they leave nests in tall grass, where they bed down for the night. No one has ever explained their nests. Eastern Ohio can be pretty spooky. I've spent a lot of time there.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Am I deaf? I don't hear anything at all at r1's clip.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2019 11:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!