Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I bought some Maille Dijon mustard today

I did not enjoy it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 11:32 PM

Use it to make salad dressing or marinade - olive oil, a dash of maple syrup, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, chopped tarragon or dill, sea salt and black pepper + dijon = delicious

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 10:59 PM

When it sits that long on the shelf at Dollar Tree, OP- it 'turns'.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 11:04 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I need to pick up Grey Poupon.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 11:04 PM

Maille is wonderful if you like Dijon. I prefer it over Grey Poupon.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 11:08 PM

I thought it would taste tangy with some heat but it just tasted sour and salty.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 11:15 PM

I love it. The other thread about the lonely guy in Paris should be made aware of this thread. The Maille store in Paris presents the jars like jewels. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 11:29 PM

I'm with you, OP. I first few spoonfuls are maybe, like, okay, but after I was through half the jar I felt really sick and couldn't eat anything else the rest of the day. Maybe it would be better on top of some food or mixed into some recipe.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 11:34 PM

1991 Grey Poupon Commercials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 11:47 PM

OP It's intended to be used as a food condiment, not a hemorrhoid ointment.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2019 12:13 AM

Grey Poupon is still my favorite "everyday" dijon. Lowbrow, shmowbrow, I don't care. But Maille's Old Style mustard is really excellent. A bit nutty, well balanced, with a wonderful texture. It may have the flavor profile you are looking for, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2019 12:32 AM

I like this Inglehoffer horseradish mustard in the round jar. It says "extra hot," but it's not that hot. Very delicious and cute bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2019 12:54 AM

I'd say my favorite is this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2019 12:57 AM

Bitch, please-- Burman's is the official mustard of DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2019 1:01 AM

I looked at the label this morning and the sodium per tsp is 125! The honey mustard I'm used to is only 25.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2019 1:35 PM

I don't know if it's the same version as OP's (though it was from Maille), but I hated mine, too. Threw it out after one try. Way too spicy, way too salty, and it had mustard seeds in it. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2019 2:05 PM

You silly cunts have the palates of children.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2019 2:09 PM

R16 when the only flavour in a condiment is sour and salt, that's not baby tastes, that just a dislike for sour and salty.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2019 2:29 PM

There are plenty of other options. Its a matter of preference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2019 2:03 AM

Maille is my favorite Dijon, I think it’s great. Don’t think it’s all that different from Grey Poupon.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2019 9:55 PM

Mister Mustard! That’s funny! I like the label, it reminds me of the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!