Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Greta Thunberg Getting Mural in San Francisco

Of course she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2019 6:46 PM

The backlash against this poor deluded ‘tard will be perpetual.

She deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2019 5:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2019 5:28 AM

R2 You're right. She's a little Big Brother scold.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2019 5:32 AM

Thunderberg!

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2019 5:35 AM

Don’t drink while pregnant!

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2019 5:35 AM

Creepy. I assume it's SUPPOSED to convey the message she's looking down on us like we're filth. She looks like something from The Shining.

People dislike her not because she's an activist but because her activism makes them feel bad. It's in vein of those people who generalize or say any one generation is responsible for this "crisis". Screaming gets you nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2019 5:35 AM

The wall looks like it has Mongo Downs Cinder

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2019 6:00 AM

it's the beginning, the aspies are taking over

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2019 6:37 AM

[quote] She looks like something from The Shining.

rofl... i found this while scrolling through pictures of greta

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2019 6:45 AM

The artist should have used this photo instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2019 6:47 AM

Children of the Corn!

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2019 6:48 AM

Dear, op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2019 6:48 AM

I for one welcome our Aspie overlords.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2019 6:50 AM

So fuck having murals for real activists who ARE doing things for the earth. Why? because they aren't prompted by SOROS or any other agenda.

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2019 6:54 AM

That mural makes her look like a Down Syndome poster child. And I feel awful saying that.

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2019 6:58 AM

If her prediction is correct, and the world ends in 11 years, she gets to join the 27Club!

Cobain, Joplin, Morrison, Hendrix...she will be immortalized! Well, except for the fact that everyone will be dead.

This bitch will be working as a cashier in 12 years. She’s a puppet, and only an idiot would listen to her.

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2019 7:02 AM

The gays are not impressed. Plus she looks like a meany.

Where is the tribute for shirtless hot guys? Now, that will make anyone take notice.

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2019 7:58 AM

They should put her on The Good Doctor and have her marry the tard doctor.

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2019 8:35 AM

It looks like Wednesday Addams.

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2019 8:43 AM

This whole thing feels exploitative... like a film about how environmentalism devolves into celebrity worship culture like every other fucking thing. Also, it's aesthetically unsettling... very much like the Big Brother poster R2 posted. I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2019 8:47 AM

The mural looks like Vladimir Putin in pigtails.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2019 8:52 AM

[quote]poor deluded ‘tard

Grown men scared of a girl concerned about the environment are pathetic.

She's not responsible for this mural so you geniuses might want to take the issue up with One Atmosphere who designed and funded it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2019 8:56 AM

How is she getting back to Sweden? In a drifting row-boat? What are Arnold and Leo going to do?

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2019 9:02 AM

[Quote] People dislike her not because she's an activist but because her activism makes them feel bad.

Good. That's the point. The climate crisis is not meant to make people feel good.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2019 9:12 AM

Go away, kid, ya bother me.

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2019 9:16 AM

Practical question: how was this mural installed? Was it painted on or papered onto the brick or what?

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Someone tell the silly bitch that climate change would have happened regardless of man's intervention or not. It wiped the dinosaurs out and there were no men around then polluting the earth, despite what fundies will tell you. Perhaps her limited aspie brain can't grasp this.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2019 11:08 AM

She reminds me of those "holy women" and "holy lasses" who used to wander around northern England and other parts of Europe in the Middle Ages proclaiming the end of the world. Mad all of them. Monks who latch on to them and make a bit of money off them. "Is the holy lass still prophesying, milord?

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2019 12:02 PM

She is a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2019 12:12 PM

How can I petition to have the mural taken down?

It's starting to scare the kids.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2019 12:14 PM

[quote] R27: Someone tell the silly bitch that climate change would have happened regardless of man's intervention or not. It wiped the dinosaurs out and there were no men around then polluting the earth, despite what fundies will tell you. Perhaps her limited aspie brain can't grasp this.

While I am repulsed by this hysterical scold, Greta; R27 comes in as a close second. R, may I call you “R”? R, we know the climate is always changing. That’s not the point. The point is that it is changing today at a faster [bold] rate [/bold] than it ever has before, baring a cataclysmic event; man is causing it, and can mitigate it; and if we do not act to mitigate it, we are going to make the climate far harder for us to live in, and kill off much of the planet’s plants and animals, and in a very short time.

Man and civilization would not have survived the dinosaur extinction event that you cite, R27. Man didn’t cause that, but that’s not a great example for your side.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2019 1:10 PM

I suppose this is better than an enormous mural of Al Gore, but this has got to annoy the fuck out of anyone who lives in Union Square.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2019 1:13 PM

She should have commissioned this guy to do her mural.

He's awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Plus, he's really cute too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2019 1:20 PM

Michelle Obama mural...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2019 1:32 PM

does not look like Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2019 1:42 PM

Oh Jesus!! nobody needs to see that face everyday

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2019 1:55 PM

Fanks!

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote]and if we do not act to mitigate it, we are going to make the climate far harder for us to live in, and kill off much of the planet’s plants and animals, and in a very short time.

Oh, NO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2019 3:06 PM

R27 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2019 3:13 PM

It's a good thing. It will scare away people who would otherwise have taken a dump on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2019 3:18 PM

Word is they're changing the name of the city to San Thunbego.

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2019 3:28 PM

San Thunbergo... whatever.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2019 3:28 PM

So predictable isn’t it? The ingratiation with fake eco warrior celebs like Leo, the holier than thou preaching to masses while she remains “pure” with modes of travel that are expensive and unrealistic for the poor masses. Now comes the Leftist tendencies for cult-of-personality, with the canonization of this misguided teen. Right message, wrong implementation, and wrong messenger.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2019 3:58 PM

We're hungry too, Greta!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2019 5:27 PM

Haha someone posted this on Twitter:

[quote] @KristianHarstad Notice: hypocritical St. #Greta drinks from single-use plastic bottles on her sanctimonious cruise supported by highly skilled crew and technology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2019 5:30 PM

This whole situation is unfortunate. I feel like the hoopla around her is one big distraction from the earth everyone's allegedly trying to save. This is like peak virtue signaling, no?

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2019 6:36 PM

It's unfortunate that Greta has been put in this position. At her age and being autistic, she may not be able to grasp the good and bad attention she's receiving. Her parents should be more concerned about her wellbeing.

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2019 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!