Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Given EVERYTHING we know about the benefit of a plant based diet for our wellbeing and on the planet

Give me reasons why y'all still eat meat...

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2019 9:04 PM

It tastes so fucking good!

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2019 5:54 AM

Bacon.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2019 6:02 AM

It's delicious and humans are meant to eat meat.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2019 6:04 AM

I gave it up earlier in the year. I’ve lost twenty five pounds and my skin looks great. But, yeah, it does taste good.

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2019 6:06 AM

Go look into a mirror and lift up your upper lip.

See those incisors sometimes referred to as dog teeth?

They're for ripping meat off bones not grazing on plants.

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2019 6:14 AM

Delicousness. Well-rounded nutrition. Not feeling hungry. Less smelly farts.

by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2019 6:25 AM

Meat makes me feel more energized and chipper.

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2019 6:34 AM

Yum.

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2019 6:40 AM

Meat isn't bad. The problem is that so many American companies feed corn and shit to animals and then inject chemicals/pesticides to everything which leads to these effects.

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2019 6:41 AM

It tastes amazing and can be prepared so many different ways.

I mostly eat chicken, but every now and then I crave a burger.

Our ancestors evolved in part because they ate meat.

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2019 6:41 AM

I don't eat a lot of meat, but I start feeling puny if I don't have any at all. A small steak every other week is plenty for me.

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2019 6:57 AM

R9 raises a good point and I agree we probably eat too much meat, especially beef and pork.

I'm not a big meat eater but I enjoy a variety of meat, including poultry, but also fish and shell fish too. By all means eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, but include a healthy variety of all foods.

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2019 7:00 AM

You need iron. So red meat just once a week

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2019 7:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2019 10:20 AM

I hate being told what to do, so the more vegan protesters tell us not to eat meat, the more meat i will then eat!! Plus good source of Iron as I have Thalassemia(Severe form of Anemia).

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2019 10:28 AM

I went to the first session of a class on plant-based eating. The instructress said "No Olive Oil." I did not go back for the second class. I don't eat a lot of meat, but No Olive Oil? That ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2019 10:31 AM

[quote]Our ancestors evolved in part because they ate meat.

The alligator eats meat, yet it's been the identical ugly motherfucker for the past million years.

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2019 10:31 AM

Doesn't your brain need meat?

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2019 10:48 AM

Those mentioning iron - are you not aware of the many other sources of iron other than meat? You speak like it's the only way to get iron in your diet which is false.

I also don't buy the 'nature' argument - humans do a huge amount of things that aren't 'natural' so unless you're forgoing all of those too you can't use "it's not natural to not eat meat" as an argument.

I wish more people would just be honest and say they value the taste and satisfaction of eating meat over the welfare of animals and health of the planet. That is ALL it boils down to, and if you had the balls you would own it. At least some of you did say that though, to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2019 10:57 AM

Because I like to eat meat.

And the tears of vegans are like oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2019 11:00 AM

What is it with all these self-righteous cunts who feel compelled to dictate the dietary habits of others? I'm a veg but I don't give a flying fuck if someone eats meat, eggs, fish or a fucking Boeing A380.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2019 11:02 AM

I’ve been vegan for 12 years and have none of the health problems my parents had at my age. Factory farming is also unbelievably cruel. Especially the dairy industry. Vegan for life.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]Factory farming is also unbelievably cruel. Especially the dairy industry.

Even my favorite dairy product, Parmigiano-Reggiano, treats its cows horribly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2019 12:08 PM

That’s upsetting, R23. I’ve limited my meat consumption significantly.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2019 12:15 PM

I can go for weeks without eating meat, but then I crave a cheeseburger or pepperoni pizza & I'm not going to deny myself. It can be damn hard to find good vegetarian food (let alone vegan) depending where you are, too. Cheese, yogurt and eggs are staples of my diet and I'm not giving them up ever. Yes, I'd like to eat everything free range and grass finished at least to stop contributing to the factory farm industry. But it's not within my budget right now.

Food is addictive just like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc. I don't think militant vegans do their cause any good when they don't accept that most people need to change slowly and incrementally. As more options become available then it will be easier for the masses to at least cut down on meat consumption.

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2019 12:15 PM

R5, and while your lip is lifted, do inspect all of those other flat teeth that you have around the undeveloped canines. Do you see them? These are the teeth of a herbivore - like your dear ancestors, the Australopithecuses.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2019 12:19 PM

R19 Get off it. It has nothing to do with caring about animals. Your ethics =/= objective truth.

Go fuck a cow for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Because the conventional wisdom on meat and the environment is wrong because of claims of groups like Greenpeace and HSUS who just make shit up to support their cause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2019 8:54 PM

Hey, at least we kill them before swallowing them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2019 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!