Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do British people tend to be hoarders and dirtier more so than Americans and other countries?

I've watched some of the British Hoarders episodes and they are 10 times worse than the US shows. Plus it seems that Britain has more hoarders in general. Also, the british hygiene just seems questionable. Why are the Brits just so unsanitary and hoard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 11:36 PM

LOL OP

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2019 10:12 PM

Blame it on Alfred of Wessex, he was the original English hoarder.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2019 10:15 PM

They hoard because they had everything bombed in WWII.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2019 10:16 PM

Poor people hoard crap, and the UK is much poorer than the USA.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2019 10:16 PM

Silly troll

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2019 10:17 PM

Where do you think smallpox blankets came from OP?

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2019 10:30 PM

They don't bathe, once a week is good enough for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2019 10:32 PM

It's on par with their attention to dental care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2019 10:34 PM

R3 is right. The British were bombed and everything my Mom took for granted was destroyed in one night. They had to make do, and she still finds many ways to reuse an item.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2019 10:36 PM

Bombed my Ass! None of those hoarder were even born. That war was 75 years ago. And even then you would just be a baby if you were born then. You would have to be 95 years old to claim something that happened in your youth is the cause of your mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2019 10:44 PM

My Mom is 90 years old. She was a young girl (11-12) at the time of the bombing.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2019 10:59 PM

Thank you R7 for that link. This just goes to prove my point. Every time I have to go to the UK for work (which I totally dread) everyone just seems to have a smell. I didn't know if it were just their bad breath, which they are known for, or if it were truly their lack of hygiene. Now, thanks to the article R7 posted, I can confirm the British are definitely filthier than Americans.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2019 11:11 PM

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2019 11:13 PM

OP really doesn't seem to like the Brits. Someone must have laughed at the size of his tiny cock over there once.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2019 11:20 PM

Brits went through a much longer period of deprivation after WWII than Americans.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2019 11:23 PM

R15 That's because god decided to punish them for their filthiness, their bad breath, their horrible teeth and their sloth. This is why their nation is damned.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2019 11:26 PM

It's also a handed down behavior so some of these people are 2nd-3rd generation hoarders. My great aunt was a hoarder and now, after her divorce, my sister has started to hoard as well.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2019 11:28 PM

You don't have a job that sends you to other countries, R12.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2019 11:29 PM

Really R12? And you know this how??? Do I type "basement" like you?

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2019 11:36 PM

The weather is more temperate in the UK than it is in the US. You can go longer without showering because you don't stink as quickly there. Don't forget how far north the UK is. The Gulf Stream keeps Old Blighty from completely freezing over. When I lived there, I also noticed how much longer kitchen trash lasted before getting stinky. Northern Europe in general is more pleasant than the US.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2019 11:42 PM

I don’t know, OP.

But as we’re asking questions - why do trolls such as yourself get a kick out of trying to antagonise a specific demographic? Do you quiver with excitement when you get a response - any response? Any attention is good attention for the invisible, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 12:11 AM

Most of Europe bathes less, on average, than the US. Just a cultural difference. It's probably worse everywhere now that there is such a large population of adult Millennials who are hygiene-averse.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 12:27 AM

We're not as extravagant and wasteful as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 12:33 AM

That, R23, is because you can't be: Brits are poorer.

US GDP per capita (2018) was $62,904; UK was $42,424.

UK cost of living is 6.5% lower, but incomes are substantially less.

As of 2017, the US median family income was $60,558 (#4 in the world.) The UK's was $43,732 (#15.)

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 12:49 AM

The houses the working class inhabit in the UK are much smaller than the cheap but relatively large houses US flyover hoarders inhabit. It looks worse because the hoard is concentrated.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 12:55 AM

The US has always been known for their obsessive cleanliness - related to Puritanism. Parents are British and growing up in the Us, I realized it’s a clean-obsessed culture. That probably plays into the greater abundance of hoarding. And being a less disposable socially historically.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 1:15 AM

Brits are a disgusting nation of hobbitlike trolls, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 2:08 AM

My God, I cannot stand to go more than two days without a shower. And even then, day #2 requires a whore's bath at the very least. How can people stand to go a week without bathing? The crotch and ass rot alone would be horrific.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 3:08 AM

Slurring an entire nation, friends no less. Is this another example of self-hating Americans projecting their insecurities or is it just our home-grown, miserable DL cunts looking for a rise? If so, wouldn't you kweens rather be sipping an opioid cocktail or some other soul deadening treat?

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2019 6:40 PM

My most lingering memory of San Francisco is the stench of human feces. Who is the filthiest nation again?

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2019 7:19 PM

God - how tired R30. The fake SF feces drama is so played out - even our President is using it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Stay on the subject people.

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2019 8:07 PM

I think Northern California is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2019 10:36 PM

The woman next door in my Council Estate is dirty. Shines shoes with same towel she uses for glasses and plates, Her sister, Hyacinth, cringed.

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 10:51 PM

London didn't get a totally safe clean water supply until about 1916, which was about 40 years after Manchester.

Manchester still has a better water supply system even now.

Could be one reason behind bathing habits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 11:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!