Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHER Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

Did he fall off the face of the earth? Did him being white but still having an Asian face hurt his career as a leading man? I have so many questions!!!

10 years ago he was happening again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2019 12:21 PM

He tried to sell out with his weird music site or service? There used to be a commercial for it all the time. He probably didn't spend a lot and can live off interest and come back as a great supporting actor in late 40s or 50s.

Honestly, 20s and 30s are hard for men who only want to work in film. Zac and Ansel are testaments to it. Brad, Keanu, and Tom are 50s/60s are still playing action heros.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2019 3:10 AM

He tried to get a Sandman adaptation going for ages, which never happened, thank god, he is totally wrong for the role.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2019 3:12 AM

Wow, he was hot back then, in an impish way.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2019 3:15 AM

Would suck/rim him for days.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2019 3:20 AM

Is he family?

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2019 3:21 AM

I think what happens is, short guys with boyish looks get work as long as they can plausibly play high school students or twenty-somethings, but once it’s obvious that they are in their late thirties or older, they’re gonna lose mature roles to more manly looking men.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2019 3:28 AM

audition for Mysterious Skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2019 3:36 AM

R7 I watched that film with 4 ex hookers and they all freaked the fuck out, lost there shit, and could not finish watching. So, seemingly was close to whore reality

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2019 3:39 AM

JGL is writing, directing and starring in a new series for Apple's new network.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2019 3:43 AM

Very good looking and talented

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2019 3:50 AM

He lacks presence and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2019 3:51 AM

Always thought he was delicious

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2019 3:55 AM

Sexy. I think he'll always look young. I never did think he looked Asian either...just almond shaped eyes.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2019 4:09 AM

He has been hot asf for a long time. I want him.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2019 4:12 AM

He became so focused on that hitrecord shit and less focused on his career.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2019 4:17 AM

Too much steroid can kill one's career.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2019 4:59 AM

White? He's Jewish. Jews are Semitic in origin and are not necessarily white.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2019 5:08 AM

He was hot in those LG V30 commercials.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2019 5:14 AM

If we're speaking career-wise... well, I'd say he probably peaked in relevance from about 2009-2013 with films like (500) Days of Summer, Inception, Looper, Lincoln, The Dark Knight Rises, 50/50, and his well-received directorial debut Don Jon. Looking back that's a respectable run.

I'm going to assume that his people tried to capitalize off this heat by putting him in Oscar buzzy roles like The Walk and Snowden, but no one liked them and they're basically these two embarrassments hanging off the end of his career so far.

Like others have said, it seems like he's devoted a lot of his time to Hit Record, which... I don't know... I remember him talking about that like a decade ago, and it was just this cute side project this actor had, and even then it never really took off... so I have no idea if it's actually popular.

Anyway, he gave a Ted Talk a few weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2019 5:15 AM

He was HOT

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2019 10:56 AM

I want to see his audition for Shortbus.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2019 11:01 AM

I think something changed when his brother died. He did all the movies that were lined up for him, but seemed not interested to sign on for new ones. Some sort of midlife crisis triggered by the death of his brother?

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 11:10 AM

He's got 4 movies lined up, according to IMDB, so it looks like he's making his way back into the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2019 11:12 AM

The Michael Pitt blind item destroyed every minor chance he had as a leading man. Also he was hosting the Bruce Willis roast and looked as if he had bad work done on his face.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2019 11:15 AM

What Michael Pitt blind item?

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2019 11:18 AM

Currently he looks like the kind of suburban, fit and cheerful cool dad or teacher I would notice when I was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2019 11:18 AM

I was trying to pin my finger on it, and yes, R26-you nailed it! Anodyne but simultaneously alluring.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2019 11:27 AM

I still want him.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Michael Pitt and JGL used to fuck r26.

So claimed the gossip columnist Lainey and a "JGL insider" poster from here. If you search you will find plenty about it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2019 12:06 PM

Meant to refer to r25*

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2019 12:06 PM

Mysterious Skin JGL with old man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2019 12:08 PM

JGL was a part of my celeb fantasy list as a young teenager. Along with Orlando Bloom, Devon Sawa, Aaron Carter, Bill Kaulitz, David Gallagher, Kevin Zegers and a few others.

And mysterious skin was definitely a part of my coming of age. I rented it from Blockbuster along with L. I. E., and I thought I had to hide both tapes in my room haha.

*Sigh* simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2019 12:16 PM

A datalounger once claimed that JGL invited him to a prostate party.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2019 8:19 PM

I'd think JGL would have better taste than to fuck Michael Pitt. I mean... bleh.

by Anonymousreply 34October 2, 2019 4:25 AM

R33 All right, I'll be the one to ask, what is a prostate party? Is this just another term for a fuck party or something specific to prostate stimulation?

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2019 4:30 AM

Well there are prostate parties and prostrate parties, which often are the same thing

by Anonymousreply 36October 2, 2019 5:15 AM

You can't expect someone with a hyphenated name to have more than one hit movie

by Anonymousreply 37October 2, 2019 5:30 AM

His face is very flat, which is probably what squished his eyes making him Asian looking. Flat faces come from mothers who can't be bothered to turn infants. Poor guy was probably horribly abused as a child.

by Anonymousreply 38October 2, 2019 5:31 AM

I don't know R35. But here is the link to the thread where the prostate party comment originated from. You can read it at R10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2019 8:06 AM

He had a baby with his wife. He probably just took time off.

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2019 8:37 AM

I like him.

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2019 8:50 AM

[quote] He tried to get a Sandman adaptation going for ages, which never happened, thank god, he is totally wrong for the role

He was going to direct it as well, which worried me me the most. He probably could've pulled off playing Dream, but the director needs to be someone with vision. They are now making Sandman as a Netflix series with Allan Heinberg as a showrunner and Goyer and Gaiman producing. Heinberg wrote the Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman film and has been producing various TV shows and animations. At one point Supernatural's original showrunner Eric Kripke was to be the showrunner but thank God they let him go. Still, Sandman is such a huge story that adapting it to another media is hard as hell. And judging by the stories I've read Gaiman being involved directly is not necessarily a good thing. I've understood American Gods turned into a bit of a mess after he became involved but obviously I know nothing about it directly so I could be wrong.

Back to Joseph. I so wanted him to be a new Batman, or Robin, after The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan clearly was laying plans for the future at the end of the film but it was too bad nothing came out of it.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2019 9:23 AM

Thought I saw him on the subway into Brooklyn. He looked sorta leather queen gay.

by Anonymousreply 43October 2, 2019 10:30 AM

Lack of talent, I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 44October 2, 2019 10:57 AM

He looks like Clippy, the Microsoft paperclip (but more annoying than Clippy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2019 11:00 AM

I find smaller actors (5' 8" and under) much more interesting than big, bland hulks. Shia, JGL, Daniel Radcliffe, Giovanni Ribisi, Emile Hirsch...

All the classic Hollywood actors were little short guys.

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2019 11:31 AM

R46 Well, the Hemsworth brothers are indeed boring AF, but the Skarsgard brothers are quite interesting.

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2019 11:35 AM

He's really handsome.

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2019 11:49 AM

R1 is correct. He's 38 now, and small and delicate, at that age the leading roles go to manlier men.

So if he wants to stay in film he has to gracefully transition into character roles, playing the rat-faced co-worker who has all the good lines rather than the guy who gets the girl. Or he can step back and enjoy life as a wealthy youngish man for a bit, or do a series. So he's chosen a series, apparently, because the offers for film leads aren't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote]Michael Pitt and JGL used to fuck R26. So claimed the gossip columnist Lainey and a "JGL insider" poster from here. If you search you will find plenty about it.

Yes, and 90% of the shit Lainey posted has been fake. JGL clearly prefers "passion projects" (including HitRECord and supporting roles in films like "Inception") to mainstream fame - and btw he's on the *extremely* short list of child actors who not only grew up in a normal fashion, but actually made a success of themselves as an adult actor. (Consider how many other male actors his age either faded into total obscurity or ended up ODing or the like.)

[quote]Honestly, 20s and 30s are hard for men who only want to work in film. Zac and Ansel are testaments to it. Brad, Keanu, and Tom are 50s/60s are still playing action heros.

Zac has done rather well for himself with the "Neighbors" films and others. Ansel has had several hits, but then had the misfortune of being tainted by the single WORST performing film in cinematic history: the Kevin Spacey-helmed "Billionaire Boys Club." Considering he's not even 25 yet, he has more than enough room for a comeback.

As for the other three: in case you missed it, Brad all but DISAPPEARED for most of this decade until the past few months, thanks to all the Brangelina drama. Keanu had largely faded as well before he lucked out with "John Wick," and is now decidedly back on top thanks to the new "Matrix" movie that's been announced. And Tammy Cruise has had almost ZERO success outside of the "Mission: Impossible" franchise, and has now resorted to desperation-level shit like a fucking "Top Gun" reboot. As if a 58-year-old FIGHTER PILOT is even the slightest bit believable! They've already announced the next two - and probably final two - "Mission: Impossible" movies will be shot back-to-back for release in 2021 & 2022, and after that point I think Tammy will quietly retire to some Co$ commune with Xenu or something.

Finally, Michael Pitt fucked HIMSELF - namely by making all the diva demands that ended up getting his character literally killed off of "Boardwalk Empire." I'm not sure he's even *worked* since then. And please: if JGL is still being involved to give TED talks at this juncture (!!), it's very safe to say he has a considerable fan base remaining (and is also a smart, well-spoken person in general).

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2019 9:57 PM

He needs to do nudes or release a sex video.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2019 9:58 PM

R50 Brad has been producing for the last decade

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote]Brad all but DISAPPEARED for most of this decade until the past few months, thanks to all the Brangelina drama.

What are you babbling about Miss Rona Barrett? Brad Pitt made many movies including "World War Z" "12 Year A Slave", "Fury" "Moneyball" from 2010 and beyond all the while producing Academy Award winning movies like "12 Year A Slave", & "Moonlight".

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2019 10:15 PM

Michael Pitt got killed off not only for his diva behaviour but also because of his drug problem.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2019 12:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!