Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How are your Trump supporting family, friends, & coworkers handling the Whistleblower saga?

My parents are glued to FOX, & furtively texting fellow Christians to pray for our President.

I haven’t discussed one single aspect of this with them, since it would cause major strife and discord.

I believe that they believe that this is another witch-hunt, rather than a recurring pattern of problematic behaviors exhibited by a man who was told PRECISELY, that seeking assistance from a foreign government, in order to conduct OPPO research on a domestic, political opponent, is against the law, a violation of our Constitution, and an impeachable offense.

They refuse to get their news from multiple sources, as I prefer to do, hence I’m not surprised.

Share your stories, DL! Please, & thank you.

by Anonymousreply 111October 1, 2019 9:25 PM

I don’t have any.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2019 7:24 PM

Can somebody please create a giant vat of purple cyanide Flavor Aid for these people when Trump finally implodes? You'd be doing them a favor!

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2019 7:26 PM

It's all fake - part of the endless plot by the Democrats to get Trump out of office!

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2019 7:30 PM

Not sure any of them are Trump supporters, no one is talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2019 7:35 PM

Yesterday in the locker room at my gym, I had just gotten out of the shower and returned to my locker to hear a man of about 60 telling a guy I know, "The Democrats have over-reached with this...they can't accept they lost...they have no one that will win against him." I bit my tongue, until the guy I know pointed to me and said "Don't tell him that." I ignored the remark until the pontificator started to critique each of the Democratic candidates and boasting about the economy. I just said, "Well, anyone is better than that lying racist." He responded that he knew several people who owned small businesses, they've been thriving under Trump, and were doing terribly when Obama was POTUS. By then, I thought why bother.

Supporters of this racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile are morons. They are deluded. And I honestly believe a large percentage of them share his views. And I'm not talking about the true believers you see at the rallies.

People need to vote this moron out of office. Discussing anything with his supporters is futile. Their minds won't change. Like him they believe all this is fake. Trying to reason with them will only result in a headache for you.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2019 7:41 PM

What’s so interesting is deliberately choosing to get your news from only one source. It’s like locking yourself into a tiny box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2019 7:45 PM

I jettisoned all Trump supporters from my life. No problem.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2019 7:48 PM

I will be at a small gathering tomorrow in Levittown NY which is deplorable central on Long Island as far as I'm concerned. If it comes up and it probably will, I'll make a quick exit. Not going to make a scene but I can't stomach arguing with a cult member and I can't keep my mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2019 8:13 PM

I have good friend who, while not liking Trump as a human, thinks he's doing a good job (what???) and thinks the Ukraine stuff happens all the time during any presidency.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2019 8:23 PM

Some of you are better humans than I am. I spare no chance to gloat and rub it into the face of Trump voters what a piece of shit he is with all of his scandals!

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2019 8:31 PM

I let all the deplorablea I know yammer away and then I quietly and deliberately say, “he’s a failure at everything, he’s a bloated orange moron who’s going to jail, and they’re going to drag him out of the White House in chains. He’s also married to a literal whore and he’s not even good at gangster shit”. They usually shut up.

Then to drive the knife in, I point out that it’s Obama’s economy. Then I tell them to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2019 8:50 PM

Am not American, am British. The last few days I’ve been exhaustively reading about both the Trump saga and the latest Brexit developments. It feels like the tide’s finally turning and there’s some hope on the horizon. God knows we fucking need some. x

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2019 8:55 PM

I refuse to talk about it with my sister and her family. She won't read actual facts "I don't have time for that" and when confronted with Trump's lies, she says "well, they all lie." Her husband gets off on Fox News but honestly isn't that bright. So he takes it all for 100% true. They both say they aren't racist, but 99.5% of the people they know are straight and white.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2019 9:02 PM

Unfortunately, I have a friend like that, R13. She's my oldest and dearest and we've been friends for about 50 years. She's pretty much apolitical but her husband - a decent man who has accepted me and my husband as friends - is a trumpster.

Just one of many pickles in my life right now.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2019 9:14 PM

The Trump supporters in my family would walk through fire while carrying cans of gasoline, all for him. There is no mitigation; none. We barely speak.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2019 9:16 PM

No one in my family supports Trump. They’re all active Resisters, even my 88 year old grandmother (who supports Warren).

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2019 9:21 PM

To support the Orange Slug, one must be either stupid or evil.

Or both.

I eliminate stupid and/or evil people from my life as soon as they identify themselves as such.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2019 9:24 PM

Two of my friends are Conservatives. With the exception of politics, we get along really well. I know how they feel and they know my feelings. No need to discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2019 9:24 PM

R11, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2019 9:26 PM

I don't have any Trump supporting family or friends that have the balls to take me on.

That being said, I'd love to hear their take on Trump having a "but his phone calls" super secret server all this time. Not enough to ask them, though.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2019 9:29 PM

Unfortunately my entire family are trump loving Fox-ists...they can't believe Faux News has turned against him in a democratic supported plot and do the "thoughts and prayers" thing for Trump and his family....they believe it is a sure sign of the anti-Christ rising against their supreme leader.....

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2019 10:26 PM

A long time ago my family established several off-limits topics for discussion with politics and religion being the two main ones.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2019 10:30 PM

Oh didn’t you hear? This is all a false flag by the deep state. There is no whistleblower. This is George Soros and Hillary Clinton!

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2019 11:46 PM

some stupid religious cunt I work with who repeatedly says she loves trump because of his morals (yes) posted on this 20 minutes ago on FB

The next thing the Democrats will blame trump for, is burning down Cheryl's She-Shed

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2019 11:50 PM

Love you back r19

R11

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2019 3:06 AM

Nothing much to share. My cousin always has a chip on her overweight shoulder. Right now she's sullen, and angry and believes that "poor Trump" never had a chance. "They" have been out to get him since he announced he was running in 2015. She admires how strong he is and how he can take so much crap. Poor guy!

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2019 3:22 AM

Here's how Trump is going to spin it when the senate refuses to convict him:

"They threw everything they had at me and I came out clean because they're the corrupt ones. I won and they lost, because there was no quid pro quo. No quid pro quo, I told you, didn't I? No quid pro quo. Now that they've thrown everything at me and lost you have to vote for me so I can get back to working for the American people. We've done great things, great things. We'll do more. If a democrat won, believe me, we would get back at them. We would make sure they got 4 years of witch hunts just like they did to me. You don't want that. Believe me, you do not want that. You want us to make America great again. Make sure you get out there and vote against the disgusting swamp that I finally defeated."

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2019 3:38 AM

Here’s a tangent: my Deplorable brother sent out an email to everyone he knows, seemingly, to complain about a sales tax hike on certain groceries in Connecticut. The state needs to find a way to raise revenue, or cut services. I don’t live in CT, but did a quick, worse-case calculation and figured it might cost me about $40 a year in new taxes if I lived there, hardly anything to get upset about.

When Obamacare was passing, he sent out a similar hysterical email on the $700 million in Medicare cuts he imagined. It turns out, there was $700 million raised by taxing Cadillac plans, and paying doctors and hospitals less, and some other tricks, but there wasn’t any cuts in service like he was complaining about.

So, we’ll have to see how things stand at thanksgiving. I don’t care to hear their whining and I’m afraid I’ll tell the Trumpers what I really think of them if pressed.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2019 3:43 AM

[quote] R10: Some of you are better humans than I am. I spare no chance to gloat and rub it into the face of Trump voters what a piece of shit he is with all of his scandals!

Are you available for parties?

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote]Can somebody please create a giant vat of purple cyanide Flavor Aid for these people when Trump finally implodes? You'd be doing them a favor!

A favah with FLAVAH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2019 3:49 AM

Here’s what Trumpers say:

“Well, that’s just politics” (when he does something disgraceful, like poorly funding blue states)

“Well, they all do that” (if you call him a liar)

“Well, he is President” (if you note how stupid he is)

It really isn’t worth talking with them about politics.

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2019 3:52 AM

One of my relatives went shopping rather than watch the Fox news coverage of the whole matter.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2019 3:56 AM

R27, a Trump impeachment-related win will energize the Democrats. His core cult will vote, as always, but his other supporters will stay home.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2019 3:59 AM

R18, why the fuck are you friends with racist sexist traitors to America and Democracy? Why the fuck haven't you dumped them for being gullible hateful bigoted morons as proven by their support of Trump? What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2019 4:00 AM

Fox turning against him unh? Murdoch's son must really hate Trump. I love it. All these delporables love Fox THEN Fox pisses on them and shits down their throats. They deserve what they get.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2019 4:03 AM

I just watched Fox to see how they're spinning it and they most definitely are not turning against him. And Lachlan Murdoch loves money. He spread the lie that he was more liberal than his father for years but look at his lineup - Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Fox and Friends, etc. He hated Riger Ailes and got rid of him, but Fox is as conservative as ever. . They're pushing the "Biden corruption" story.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2019 4:08 AM

R21, I hope you are constantly saying "Trump _IS_ the anti-Christ morons... or haven't you noticed his every word and deed is the exact OPPOSITE of every single teaching of Christ?"

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]She's my oldest and dearest and we've been friends for about 50 years. She's pretty much apolitical but her husband - a decent man who has accepted me and my husband as friends - is a trumpster.

There's no such thing as a decent person who is a trumpster. So you're wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2019 4:15 AM

With a big fat helping of denial.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2019 4:17 AM

About the same as they did during the alleged Russia involved election tampering.

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2019 4:20 AM

R37, google “Trump seven deadly sins”. There are a number of articles online about how he excels at all seven, which is quite an accomplishment because most people only excel at one or two at a time.

The list of seven doesn’t come from the Bible. It is actually from Don Quijote, but the list offers a measure of a man or woman’s character. It’s not a coincidence that Trump is as repugnant as he is.

Missing from the list is “dishonesty”, which is a shame, since he excels at that, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2019 4:28 AM

I don't work anymore. But when I look back to when I was working, I didn't have time to keep up with political news. I'd hear something on CNN or see a headline. I git my news in dribs and drabs. I had so much to do. Get clothes for work, laundry, cleaning, paying bills, working, going to movies, meeting new people, going out for dinner, going out for brunch.

Now I follow politics all the time because I have the time. So many people just automatically turn on Fox News or see it at the gym, in doctors offices, dentists, etc. It's pervasive.

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2019 4:38 AM

this is why it was wrong of the NYT to describe/reveal info on whistleblower

those who already hate Trump still do; those who support him will till the end and beyond.

Trump supporters in my life have said the following to me over the last few years: I see no reason to believe they'll stop now

1. They all lie 2. They all cheat 3. Look at your 401K 4. There is no racism; look at the stats on black on black crime 5. this is America; anyone can be anything they want to. 6. People who aren't born here should go through proper channels to live here 7. we need the wall - you have a lock on your door at your house at night? Why not have a lock on the border? 8. we don't know WHAT was in those emails of Hillary's. 9. Bill went to Epstein's island 10. Leave Melania alone; she didn't mean anything by wearing that jacket 11. I don't care if he cheats on her with hookers; see above. 12. Obama put kids in cages. Why do you care now if you didn't care then? 13. Trump derangement syndrome

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2019 5:07 AM

They don't talk to me about Trump. They know better.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2019 5:13 AM

My brother in law started watching Fox News a few months ago and became a huge Trumpster and asshole. He constantly watches it and has a huge Trump flag on his living room wall. I am no longer allowed to see my young nieces even though I have been a regular part of their lives because he knows I do like Trump and criticize him. We were never friends but were able to be cordial before this. I hate him, Trump, Fox News, Republicans, and my sister for not standing up for me. I hope Rupert Murdoch feels all the hell he has caused when he dies.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2019 5:24 AM

[quote]Fox turning against him unh? Murdoch's son must really hate Trump. I love it. All these delporables love Fox THEN Fox pisses on them and shits down their throats. They deserve what they get.

Shepherd Smith has not been toeing the Fox line. Hannity has supposedly admitted in private that this doesn't look good for Trump. They haven't figured out how to deal with it at Fox. This Vanity Fair article from this morning is interesting. (It also has an infuriating quote about Paul Ryan if you're interested in that.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2019 5:25 AM

I have a smart elder teacher back in my home town who confronts and follows a few of his local rightwing nutbags. He repeatedly shares their paranoid pro-Trumpian memes on FB and riddles them with questions and facts. That's fine. He's one of few points of entry I have into that sordid other world.

I then look at such nutbags' profiles and they are like the Upside Down of 'Stranger Things.' Horrid fake Photoshops of OAC, Pelosi, Hillary Clinton as whores, witches, decrepit salutary images of Drumph as a superhero, Confederate flags, etc. It's obscene. I block them before they ever know how I am.

These fucks are going to shoot up movie theatres and shopping malls. These are the scum that has risen. They're going to pop like a nationwide pustule when Drumph gets removed.

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2019 5:39 AM

I just checked the Facebook feed of my ultra-conservative, Trump-loving evangelical cousin in Tennessee. His posts claim that the recording of the phone conversation between Trump and the Ukrainian president was faked. He claims that Trump did nothing wrong. Then he posts a video of Bill Clinton with the caption, "This is what a lying president looks like." He calls Adam Schiff a lunatic "because look what state he comes from" and asserts that the media should be focusing on "the real Ukraine scandal" - the one involving Biden - instead. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2019 5:48 AM

I strive to always be an empathetic person but, in the case of Trumps' probable downfall, I have zero sympathy.  Let his delusional fan club worry, fret, stew, anguish, grieve; perhaps then they'll know how most of us have felt every minute of every day for the past three years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote] R43: 1. They all lie 2. They all cheat 3. Look at your 401K 4.

They all [bold] don’t [/bold] lie, or cheat. Why would you trust the Republicans with your money, or trust anyone, when they seem to lie so casualty and frequently?

I’ll grab pizza when I’m in the area next. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2019 4:51 AM

Co-worker Deplorables are walking past cable tv and jerking their heads away. The Liberal Media is trying to bring down their Fuhrer before he makes America great again (which is just around the corner, 3 years in).

The shit storm he's caused for himself is beyond their understanding (too many big words) so they choose to believe it's just jealousy. Bitter, dark forces trying to snatch away their dream of bringing back a Leave It To Beaver, 1950s white picket fence fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2019 5:00 AM

Remember the fictional Ellen Jamesian Society in “The World According to Garp”, where the women members cut out their own tongues as some kind of protest? Later in the book, Gary meets a dumb women and he asks if she’s in that society. She replies, in writing, that she used to be.

I think about that scene sometimes and it makes me very sad. I think that someday, Trump supporters will feel the same regret about their support for Trump. Though, some will deny ever being a supporter. It might not be for a long time, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2019 5:31 AM

[quote] R43: “They all lie..”

Damn, how I hate this foolish rationalization. I talked with my Deplorable brother about this once, I told him that Fox lies. He countered by saying that they all lie. Then I asked, instead of looking for a news source that doesn’t lie, he chooses one that tells him the lies he wants to hear? Yeah, that is exactly it.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2019 5:39 AM

You know, I took this class, and it was about public policy, etc for my Political Science major. (I'm an older student and I'm planning to go to Law School. This was not a large class and there were about 25 students. Anyway, at the end, the Instructor, a retired LAwyer, suggested we all go to lunch and chat. She'd made enough political comments about Trump for me to know she hated him, and most everyone in the class agreed. So we go to lunch and we are reflecting on the political landscape, and this Lawyer lady blamed Hillary, talked about what a bad campaign she ran,, what a terrible "unlikeable" person she was, and how she failed us. She should have cursed Trump out when he stalked her on the stage, her "e-mails" wow what a poor decision she made. Her husband was a filthy pig and he gave us Bush, and he was a terrible POTUS, and she had the arrogance to set up that server and she knew she was wrong. And She is so dishonest. Look at the way she ducked all the questions about Benghazi. Wow. That was the lowest point in the Obama administration. And then Obama, wow I really expected Romney to win. And this person who is running our GOTV efforts here is such an opportunist, and this other person is o good, and I have friends in Delaware who said Hunter Biden is such a crook. He is SO corrupt! "

These are so-called "Liberal" Dems. Intelligent, but politically stupid people. And all she kept saying is that she believed Trump would get re-elected and that all our efforts will be for nothing. I could not get out of there fast enough. I told them:Hillary lost the election by 77744, that was at least the number of votes stolen to deliver the electoral college. She won the popular vote. I pointed out that it has been confirmed that all 50 states were hacked. I pointed out the perfect storm of shit:600 straight days of negative press, Russian hacking, and Comey all contributed to tightening up the race. And it fell on deaf ears. She and some of her disciples did not want to be confused by facts. I found it very discouraging. And I thought of how effectively the Evil Forces out here have their job to divide and demoralize and discourage us.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2019 2:04 PM

It's not my family, but the few Trump supporters I know who will talk about it say that it's totally normal..."but Hillary"..."but Biden"... and I'm like "we'll do you stop this now or is it ok?" And "do you want a President to do corrupt things and then obstruct any investigation into it? " Do you want your daughters treated the way he's training men to act? Would you be proud of your son if he had to resort to calling people names, in his 70's?

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2019 2:13 PM

R54, R55, I believe Fox is the biggest problem. They worked to destroy Hillary for 30 years.

There was a brief period where Fox praised Hillary as Sec. of State. I believe that was just to needle Pres. Obama. Then then turned on her again.

Emails? Benghazi? It’s like people forgot what a scandal was. She made nothing, financially, from either stupid accusation. She did not make money, or advance her position, or gain power in either case. (Contrast with the Ukrainian scandal today).

My go-to question is to ask, “How much money did she make in that matter? Did she seek to gain power illegally in that case?” The answer is no and no.

When my Deplorable bro in law asked me about her emails once, I said “Well, they (Republicans) have to complain about something. That’s their job.” But I never imagined her emails would be taken as a real offense by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 56September 28, 2019 2:34 PM

Reposted from DU—someone there went to some wingnut blog (not sure if it's Free Republic or not) ...

[quote]The Global Swamp Creatures are all over the place working hard to destroy Trump in hope's of starting a Civil War! The leader is George Soros along with Hussein Obama, SocialistCrats, the Rothchilds, etc., etc., etc.

[quote]Today, its a socialist globalist big government control of our country vs a nationalist republic based on liberty and free enterprise. and yes this is a civil war and the hope is it remains relatively blood free but the effort by the left to disarm and tax the population into submission is akin to another big gun fired into FT Sumter.

by Anonymousreply 57September 28, 2019 2:40 PM

Thanks R56, I agree. But these people I was with aren't Fox watchers. They are people who are more like the Jill Stein, BernieBots, and others from the Left who seem to follow what I call "false prophets." I told a couple of people I was seated next to, that hindsight is always 20/20 and it is the easiest thing in the world to blame the victim. The "causes" they cited for why Hillary lost, would have been meaningless and not worthy of comment if she'd won. The Instructor did grudgingly admit she like the way Hillary handled herself during the Benghazi hearing for 11 hours. I looked at her and said, "It should have pissed you off." And she looked at me like I was from another planet.

by Anonymousreply 58September 28, 2019 2:45 PM

Make no mistake, the Trumpster Traitors will become more and more violent as this goes on.

They can’t help it. Their world view is based on a scam, and as it unravels, so will they.

by Anonymousreply 59September 28, 2019 2:46 PM

Want to add that they seem to have a defeatist, negative perspective. "We're doomed!!!" They tend to support people who can't win, and see corrupt intent in anyone who is an effective politician. They're "scared" of government and don't feel comfortable when people wield power effectively.

by Anonymousreply 60September 28, 2019 2:48 PM

My limousine liberal friends are sitting it all out and will not get into any discussion of it.

by Anonymousreply 61September 28, 2019 2:58 PM

Trumpers in my workplace have been delightfully quiet and “uninterested” tee hee!

by Anonymousreply 62September 28, 2019 3:30 PM

You lost me at "Christian."

by Anonymousreply 63September 28, 2019 3:46 PM

The Trumper I k now who have worked in the White House have gone silent. I’m not pushing them on this: there’s a sweeping level of horror about how quickly he was able to corrupt the Presidency.

Other people, especially those with zero government experience continue to hand-wave as if this is all business as usual and everyone does it. They are still convinced there is no difference between the US and any third world dictatorship. This is especially true with immigrants who don’t understand separation of powers who wonder why Trump doesn’t dissolve Congress.

by Anonymousreply 64September 28, 2019 4:03 PM

R45, me too. Almost exactly, except my nephew actually hangs two US flags. Inside, too. I told him to look up “jingoism”.

by Anonymousreply 65September 28, 2019 4:29 PM

This thread reinforces my Thanksgiving visit-reservations. I will probably skip it again this year.

by Anonymousreply 66September 28, 2019 4:37 PM

[Quote] They are still convinced there is no difference between the US and any third world dictatorship. This is especially true with immigrants who don’t understand separation of powers who wonder why Trump doesn’t dissolve Congress.

They maybe more right and prescient than you think.

Where are these immigrants from?

by Anonymousreply 67September 28, 2019 8:34 PM

Wit, style, class, elegance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2019 1:38 PM

R68, Well, that’s a little funny, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2019 1:49 PM

We tend not to discuss it at work. There were a few ugly incidents by both sides and so it's not discussed.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2019 2:22 PM

I totally refuse to have any Trumpsters as friends -- I dumped the last two a year ago.

Anyone who has friends who support Trump is, basically, supporting Trump himself. You are indeed complicit.

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2019 2:32 PM

There's a cadre of them at a non-political board I frequent. They have made absolutely zero mention of recent Dump events, but have railed against political focus at the UN etc on climate change as being a huge 'distraction'.

A while back I tried to engage with a couple of them whom I like well enough in discussion of other things. One of them is a total lost cause and probably should be on psych meds, i.e. pizzagate believer, pedos and enemies everywhere. If he hadn't posted a lunatic video of himself interrogating a school principal about childrens' artwork being symbolic of underground child rape cults, I would have to assume he was a Russian troll. The other, had so much misinformation lodged in his head that we couldn't even have a conversation because I had to backtrack and cite sources to counter all the incorrect history he builds his beliefs upon. The sheer quantity of his miseducation of recent history was overwhelming and I ultimately decided it was just too much work for no real pay off. He's a curious enough guy, though, that I think it's possible he may decide to seek out alternate and factual sources of information, at some point, in the future. The common thread between these two guys, though, was they're angry, middle-aged white guys who have chosen to believe falsehoods that justify their rage and sense of powerlessness, they reject any information that make them responsible for their lives or the world they live in and they have a strong need to believe that the world is run by some monolithic cabal of evildoers.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2019 2:47 PM

total denial.. one said to me "the whistleblower is just another Obama holdover" - I walked away shaking my head.

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2019 2:48 PM

R68. what do you expect from Kentucky? Education?

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2019 4:09 PM

Still thinking about Thanksgiving being a shitshow. Oh well. I was thinking of going this year.

by Anonymousreply 75September 30, 2019 1:01 AM

It sounds like The Dems think they can wrap it up in two months. But Trump can call all the witnesses he wants, I heard, and that will drag it out.

Ring a narcissist, he’ll want to call 1000 people to testify.

by Anonymousreply 76September 30, 2019 1:04 AM

Wow, and Brexit will be happening at the same time! When he gets resigned to it, he’ll use Brexit as blackmail to try to save his skin.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2019 1:09 AM

They immediately invoke old, moldy Bill Clinton stuff from 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2019 2:13 AM

My American grandparents are pro-Trump and told my Dad that they are - get this - excited at the prospect of Trump being Impeached because first, they are convinced that the Senate will never convict, and second, they also think the process will allow him to declassify all kinds of crap they believe he's got up his sleeve that will "prove Democrats are corrupt" for his defense.

And yes, you read that right, and no, I don't understand that reasoning either.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2019 2:48 AM

Thankfully I don't have any. Even my more conservative family hate Trump because he's a stupid pig.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2019 2:50 AM

My sister lives in an upscale suburb, with many Trump supporters in her social circle. She told me that most of them are sick of all of Trump's shit, can't defend him anymore, and just wish he would go away.

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2019 2:58 AM

My sister and brother in law love Trump. I saw them tonight and they were bitching about some poem Schiff wrote or something.

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2019 3:01 AM

Maybe they're confusing him with poet Robyn Schiff?

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2019 3:05 AM

They always lie and throw out bullshit about the economy and how they know "small business owners" who are doing so much better under him than Obama. They ALWAYS lie about shit like this, make up fake people, because you can't refute it. I just shoot back that I know plenty of small business owners who feel opposite. It frustrates them to know end. Then I say I know a bunch of conservative Christians who are now very concerned about his immorality and will not vote for him now.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2019 3:11 AM

"But Alexandria Ocasio Cortez said ..." or "Joe Biden made some gaffe." Generally, they'll just deflect and say the democrats are worse. And because they get their news from such limited sources, they aren't even aware that Trump does stupid and criminal shit all the time.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2019 3:12 AM

They are master liars and deflectors like their hero. Just like all conservative pundits and politicians, they are huge "both sides are equally bad" because they cannot defend their side, they make shit up out of thin air in order to score points.

They just lie lie lie.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2019 3:16 AM

I’ve terminated all personal relationships, whether family, social or business contacts, I’d had with everyone I know, or strongly suspect voted for the current White House resident. Luckily, I own a small enough business that I’m certain all of my employees supported Clinton. I’ve also suggested to a (thankfully small) number of customers that they take their business elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2019 3:20 AM

This is going to get really ugly. Nobody fights like Trump does. I wouldn't be surprised if he orders arrests.

He's a crazy motherfucker and a genius at being evil. He'll stop at nothing.

by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2019 3:22 AM

I live in TX and half the fam is strong Dems, the other half went strong GOP when Obama was elected. I wonder why? lol

No big deal when they supported Romney. But this one? Half the family said no to spending holidays together which sent my T voting cousin and his wife into a meltdown. They vowed no politics would be spoken and family was more important. We let Thanksgiving and Christmas go by until we said we would get together for one of the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2019 3:24 AM

Well tonight my 80 year old mother said "Let's see what's on 60 Minutes." When she saw one of the stories was on the impeachment hearings she says, "Why do they have to have that story on?!?!. It's already on every station all day all the time!?!!" I feel a little bad for her because she genuinely liked him and I think now she's realizing she was scammed.

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2019 3:27 AM

My brother brings-up some stupid shit at every holiday. Then he acts shocked when I respond that I disagree. Last week, I got a chain-email complaint from him that the CT Governor had raised sales taxes. I figure, as a worst case, that it might cost me an extra ~$45 per year, which is peanuts. Trump’s tax hike hits me far harder.

I wonder if he has dementia, but no one else thinks so.

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2019 3:46 AM

R82 here, my family is still very in denial about what is happening and how they've been scammed. I did hear one of them tonight mention Bullock might be a reasonable Democrat "if Trump implodes." A more out there relation also was very annoyed that Obama bought a mansion or something because "he wanted to redistribute wealth." I thought that was amusing because most liberals I know don't think he did enough to thwart the wealth gap. It's very different worlds.

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2019 3:50 AM

Anyone supporting Trump, especially NOW, can go fuck themselves. They're idiots and assholes not worth my time.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2019 3:53 AM

It’s my intention someday, after Trump implodes, to ask my Deplorable loved ones as to who it was that recommended Trump . “Oh, it was Fox News, you say? Then you really ought to stop watching them, being so wrong.” Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 94September 30, 2019 3:55 AM

Such hateful behavior here toward relatives who have political opinions other than one's own. Someone said he cut off relatives and friends whom he "strongly suspected" supported Trump. They don't even have to exress an opinion. This is testing our social fabric. You people are mentally ill at this point.

by Anonymousreply 95September 30, 2019 11:14 AM

I'm glad I'm not American and therefore don't have to encounter any friends, family or coworkers who are Trump supporters. As someone commented above, they are either evil or stupid (I would also throw mentally ill into the mix, not to demonise mental illness but that is a possible third option) and anyone evil or that deeply stupid would not be part of my life. If I had coworkers that I couldn't avoid then I would remain professional but probably do everything possible to secretly get them moved away from me or fired. I don't have time for that type of negativity in my life.

In the UK, there is not one single person I have ever heard say they think Trump is remotely good or competent. He's seen as a joke by EVERYBODY. We're so sorry you are going through this.

by Anonymousreply 96September 30, 2019 11:26 AM

My Trump loving family are relatively quiet. My other Democratic loving family is gleeful.

by Anonymousreply 97September 30, 2019 11:32 AM

I don’t discuss it. I’m just letting it all play out— as one by one Trump is admitting to everything

by Anonymousreply 98September 30, 2019 11:46 AM

After the last election, the few republican friends I had in my life I complete cut out.

I don’t need to hear their bullshit.

I get infuriated whenever I hear “You should listen to the other side to get their points of view...”.

Really, what iota of information do they have that could suddenly illuminate my life?

by Anonymousreply 99September 30, 2019 11:49 AM

gay cuntservatives should be hanged. every last one..

by Anonymousreply 100September 30, 2019 12:40 PM

They are ignoring it

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2019 12:45 PM

Oh fuck YOU R95. Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you? Talk about not understanding cause and effect.

You'd be whining "My, such hatred these Jewish people have for poor old Nazis over just a difference of opinion!"

You are seriously fucked in the head. You have it all wrong and backwards. Why the fuck do you think ANYONE should coddle blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic fascist authoritarian bullshit?

What the fuck is wrong with you??

by Anonymousreply 102September 30, 2019 1:20 PM

I am actually looking forward to throwing down on Thanksgiving this year with my husband’s angry, “downtrodden”, supremely basic, racist in denial white southern family. I hope they slink down to the basement as soon as dinner is done for their AWG football time. F-them!

Kiss my proud dem ass and pass the yams y’all!

by Anonymousreply 103September 30, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote]My American grandparents are pro-Trump and told my Dad that they are - get this - excited at the prospect of Trump being Impeached because first, they are convinced that the Senate will never convict, and second, they also think the process will allow him to declassify all kinds of crap they believe he's got up his sleeve that will "prove Democrats are corrupt" for his defense.

This is probably QAnon talk. The QAnon followers also thought that Robert Mueller was secretly working for Trump and his report would actually reveal the extent of Hillary Clinton's corruption.

by Anonymousreply 104October 1, 2019 12:04 AM

I notice R95, aka Libertarian Troll, has not responsed to R102's excellent post.

What's the matter, Libertarian Troll? Did you go crawling back under the rock from whence you came?

by Anonymousreply 105October 1, 2019 12:13 AM

r104 Well, I've never heard them mention Qanon or anything like that (although I don't talk about politics with them very often). My grandfather is a retired research scientist and I can't see him ever getting into something as 'out there' as Qanon. He's also not exactly 'down with the kids' or anything like that. Very traditional. They mainly watch Fox so I figured it came from there. Who knows? I'm not planning on bringing it up when we visit for Christmas because I love them both dearly and although I'm disappointed in their choice, it doesn't change how much I love and miss them (I live very far away). Fracturing with them over something as ridiculous as American politics seems impossibly stupid to me.

by Anonymousreply 106October 1, 2019 12:30 AM

I've never seen a QAnon believer who wasn't an unmedicated mental case.

by Anonymousreply 107October 1, 2019 4:47 AM

Nobody gives a shit how this will 'affect the 2020 election'. The charges are valid and have to be addressed. That's what they take our tax dollars for.

It's just threats so the Democrats will get nervous and back off.

To me, just airing his dirty laundry is beneficial. Every time someone disparages him is good, dispelling the myth that he is the most popular President in history.

by Anonymousreply 108October 1, 2019 6:17 PM

How is “Qanon” pronounced? Ty,

by Anonymousreply 109October 1, 2019 8:35 PM

r106, how can a research scientist ignore facts? What does he think about the climate deniers?

by Anonymousreply 110October 1, 2019 9:18 PM

r106 He's an expert in Nuclear energy and feels that France's approach to energy is the right one. As for deniers, I've never really heard him say one thing or the next.

by Anonymousreply 111October 1, 2019 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!