Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A 1998 interview where J-Lo gives her thoughts on other actresses:

Too funny!

Salma Hayek: “We’re in two different realms. She’s a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that’s what she does to get herself publicity, then that’s her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn’t strong enough.”

Cameron Diaz: “A lucky model who’s been given a lot of opportunities I just wish she would have done more with. She’s beautiful and has a great presence, though, and in My Best Friend’s Wedding, I thought, ‘When directed, she can be good.'”

Gwyneth Paltrow: “Tell me what she’s been in? I swear to God, I don’t remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work.”

Winona Ryder: “I was never a big fan of hers. In Hollywood she’s revered, she gets nominated for Oscars, but I’ve never heard anyone in the public or among my friends say ‘Oh, I love her.’ She’s cute and talented, though, and I’d like her just for looking like my older sister, Leslie.”

Madonna: “Do I think she’s a great performer? Yeah. Do I think she’s a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I’m harder on people when they say, ‘Oh, I can do that – I can act.’ I’m like, ‘Hey, don’t spit on my craft.'”

Claire Danes: “A good actress. Her emotional and inner life are available to her, which is a good start. But I feel like I see a lot of the same thing with every character she does. She’s not that way in U-Turn, though.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 30, 2021 4:53 PM

Is this real? Her acting like a true thespian lol

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2019 6:50 PM

And what she thought of herself:

“I’m the best. I feel I can do anything – any kind of role. I’m fearless. I work really hard. I’ll just get better as I go along because I’m open to getting better. If you have the goods, there’s nothing to be afraid of. If somebody doesn’t have the goods, they’re insecure. I don’t have that problem. I’m not the best actress that ever lived, but I know I’m pretty good.”

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2019 6:59 PM

She's a joke. Lopez acts like she is Lange,Close and Streep all wrapped up in one. She was right about GOOP though. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut evey once and a while.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2019 6:59 PM

I remember this issue of Movieline! The reporter talks about how late and rude she is and I remember thinking who dis flygirl bitch think she is?

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2019 7:01 PM

This article made me hate her. I liked her in Selena and that movie she did with Clooney so I was repulsed by this. The writer didn’t do her any favors by not editing her opinions but she was right about Madonna and Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2019 7:01 PM

Hilarious that she thought of herself as an actress. She’s barely a singer.

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2019 7:05 PM

I had the completely opposite reaction, r5, I fucking love her for this! I think this is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2019 7:05 PM

I would love to see Gwyneth's face reading this.

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2019 7:17 PM

I think she’s definitely mellowed out since then

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2019 7:20 PM

R7, I probably would have felt the same way you did if she had the talent to back it up. She’s an ok actress and a marginal singer. She is a pretty good dancer, I’ll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2019 7:25 PM

R8 J-Lo probably isn’t even on Goop’s radar. She’s a joke to most of the entertainment world, someone who got famous off of being a glorified whore and tries to act like she’s still the same young sex object at age 50. She’s sad, sad and decrepit. Trying desperately to cling to her 15 minutes of fame, but failing, because nobody cares anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2019 7:30 PM

This was just before Shakespeare in Love so, yes, Goop was still known as Brad Pitt’s girlfriend. But Hollywood had gone through that Jane Austen phase and I remember everyone had raved about her in Emma.

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2019 7:35 PM

JLo sounds like a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2019 7:45 PM

Having worked on set around her I can tell you that up until she filmed "The Back Up Plan" Jennifer needed an acting coach with her on set. Can't remember the ladies name but she was right next to J Lo at all times and when Jenny was on camera this lady was just off camera watching the scene. She was with J Lo since the start of her career. I'm not sure if she still uses an acting coach at this point. Anyone who worked on a Jennifer Lopez movie around the shooting crew can tell you this is true. She had no business talking about any other actor. Never seen any other actor have an acting coach shadow their every move while they filmed, Only Jennifer Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2019 7:54 PM

R14 I have worked with her in a musical capacity and she does have a singing/vocal coach with her at all times (Steve Mackey). I don't really see a problem with it though, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be better. If it makes the performance better or helps at all her with technique (acting/singing) since she clearly doesn't have those naturally, then good.

Of course her comments here are ludicrous, and most of these actresses have done much better work over the years than she has (Salma Hayek was wonderful in Beatriz at Dinner and Frida). But I like her acting in some things like Out of Sight, Selena, Angel Eyes, Blood and Wine (holding her own opposite Jack Nicholson, Michael Caine and Judy Davis). She's no thespian but she has screen charisma and can deliver a line well sometimes. Her romcoms are fun.

I do miss this era though, the MAGAZINE era I guess you could call it. Where stars were a bit more honest and less afraid to speak their mind or come across as cunty in an interview. Most of them smoked or showed up late, weren't afraid to trash their peers or be honest about a bad filming experience, etc. Since the rise of the internet, celebrities have been a lot more watered down and self-censored than they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2019 8:02 PM

she’s right about everyone, especially about Goop

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2019 8:05 PM

R13 LOL

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2019 8:05 PM

LOL. Hysterical she thinks she's an actress.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2019 8:06 PM

I kind of loved her for this article! So much more entertaining than typical, bland Hollywood interviews full of non-answers!

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2019 8:17 PM

What a cunt. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2019 8:19 PM

i miss all those great movie magazines! premiere, movieline, etc...

bummer their all gone, except total film and empire..

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2019 8:21 PM

Life has a way of humbling you. I don't think she would be as arrogant today given her up and down career and failed relationships.

But then again... I don't know her!

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2019 8:31 PM

Here's a link to the full article. It's quite a fascinating read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2019 8:32 PM

At least she's not fat like Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2019 8:33 PM

Haha! She shit talks everyone. She was younger then and I’m sure she’s calmed down. Maybe she was drunk when she gave the interview.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2019 8:36 PM

Lopez started her career with some pretty good roles in the late 90s. U-Turn, Blood & Wine, Selena, Mi Familia, and Out of Sight. Even her flops like "The Cell" were no so bad in retrospect. Her acting career took a different turn in 2001 and never was the same.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2019 8:38 PM

The Cell was great! She was serviceable in the role.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2019 8:40 PM

Fly girl it turns out is not a very nice person, if this interview is real.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2019 8:44 PM

Oh Lopez doesnt seem that nice but maybe have a tough personality got her to where she is.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2019 8:59 PM

Selma Hayek wipes the floor Hennifer. Please.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2019 9:03 PM

r15 I've never seen another actor have an acting coach on set with them at all times standing by the camera while they are working and then reporting to them sometimes immediately after a take. What the hell is the director for?

Never seen another actor with an acting coach during filming period other than J Lo.

It means she doesn't have any perspective on what she is doing, that means she's ignorant about what it takes to do her job. And to have one from the time she started until 2010? You can't figure out what you're supposed to do after 14 years on the job?

The only other people I HAVE seen with an acting coach on set are kids. No adults.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2019 9:10 PM

Didnt Marilyn Monroe have an acting coach with her at times? She also known for being sexy but wasnt taken seriously often. Though shes a bit more iconic than J Lo.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2019 9:16 PM

I don’t know what she opens wider, her big mouth or her legs

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2019 9:19 PM

I like tacos and BURRITOS.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2019 9:22 PM

She does have acting talent, but she derailed her own career by her stupid high profile romances with Sean Coombs, then Ben Affleck, then Marc Antony. So she took a break for a long time to mostly be a stay-at-home mother, and now she's starting to act again. I wish her luck, because it's nice to have a Puerto Rican-American actress who is so high profile and has genuine talent and is still beautiful.

She was stupid to say those things in that interview, and they came back to bite her in the ass. I think when she was young she didn't know how to be famous, and no one was giving her good pointers on what you can and cannot do if you want your career to continue.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Only really insecure people shit-talk others publicly. I hope she's grown up and grown more secure in herself since then.

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2019 9:49 PM

Salma is more beautiful, has given better performances & is married to a billionaire.

Suck on that, JLo.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2019 9:54 PM

I remember reading this at the time, and what ensued.

There was a mini-uproar and a bit of blowback, but because the internet wasn't so much of a thing — there certainly was no social media, just discussion boards — it didn't explode. People had to get pissed in letters to the editor.

If a 20-something starlet pulled this today, it would never be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2019 10:56 PM

I remember Madonna and Goop being really pissed at JLO for her comments. I think it was Donatella Versace's party or something where Madonna and Goop left because JLO was there and they were pissed at her (I think they were all "Friendly" before that). But Madonna got her revenge. When JLO and Ben Affeck got divorced, JLO blamed the media for their marriage failing. Madonna said (to paraphrase) " I believe that when famous people are married and in the public eye, it's their responsibility to make their marriage work." Suck on that, Jlo!

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2019 11:00 PM

Didn't JLo and Ben call off the marriage at the last minute?

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2019 11:07 PM

Well, that was certainly a fun read!

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2019 11:14 PM

JLo could never have carried "Frida" the way Salma Hayek did. I have to give her credit: that movie showed that Hayek was a much better actress than I had thought.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2019 11:26 PM

r40, that's what I meant, my bad. They blamed it on the media.

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2019 11:30 PM

I love this. She's only saying to the press what all of those Hollywood actors (probably most Jen mentioned) talk shit about each other.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2019 11:48 PM

Probably; but that's why it got her in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote] Selma Hayek wipes the floor Hennifer. Please

She dates, marries better looking, more successful men than J-Lo

Selma's husband isn't anything to look at, but he's a billionaire. jenny from the block married a bunch of nobodies (one was a waiter the other was a back up dancer), until Mark what's his name. he was no prize. . And let's not forget p-diddy. What a fucking loser she is. And Ben Affleck. He ate out a strippper's pussy in a strip club in front of everyone and she stayed with him. He dumped her

A-Rod is cute and has some money, but he was a cheater (on his wife and at work). One guess how that fake relationship will turn out

by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote]Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn’t strong enough.

Said the woman who a few years later would star in Gigli.

Querida, shut your boca!

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2019 12:24 AM

She's such a shady bitch. My friend worked on The Cell with her and said she was the biggest no talent cunt. The whole crew hated her.

I've heard tons of stories about her behind the scenes, and she is awful to the crew on everything she works on!!! It's baffling, because every "talks" behind the scenes. Is she really that dumb that she doesn't think her behavior will be discussed amongst the worker bees. It just goes to show how little she respects the crew.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2019 12:29 AM

JLo is a creation of the media and the nacreous layer of Entertainment Executive cum in her vagina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2019 12:30 AM

J-Ho is such a bore. Terrible singer. And a cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2019 12:34 AM

I wish all celebrity interviews were this entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2019 12:34 AM

R139, Jlo got the last laugh. Jlo is still well liked and attractive and unlike them both, still has a thriving career.

Very few people under 30 even know who Madonna is. They might recognize her name from some 25 year old movies but most would have a hard time picking her out of a lineup

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2019 1:04 AM

What a funny coincidence. JLo gets Oscar buzz, and this suddenly resurfaces.

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2019 1:10 AM

I saw the JLo and Shakira are the superbowl halftime show.

by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2019 1:14 AM

R52, huh? Well liked by who? She only became really famous after wearing that dress and her appearance s the only thing about her that people talk about. Nobody ever talks about her music and until that stripper movie, nobody has talked about her movies in a lonnnng time. Also, J lo was only moderately popular at her peak, let's not act like she was ever on the level of Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, etc. And that's complete BS regarding people under 30 not knowing who Madonna is--La Isla Bonita is one of the most watched music videos on youtube from before 2000. And Like a Prayer, Vogue, Like a Virgin, etc. do well too.

by Anonymousreply 55September 27, 2019 1:22 AM

Also, in 2008/2009, when Madonna was 50, she was still bigger than J Lo is now (in terms of her music career). Let's see how J Lo handles 60--I doubt she will handle it well. By that point, she will strive for any plastic surgery to keep her relevant and she will become as delusional as Madonna has become.

by Anonymousreply 56September 27, 2019 1:23 AM

R55 Oh please. jlo was a superstar at her peak. And she gets good notices. The world acutually likes her unlike Cryptkeeper.

Lol at you thinking young people are listening to La Isla Bonita.

by Anonymousreply 57September 27, 2019 1:25 AM

R56, lets not forget that she wasn’t popular in 2008 in North America at least. She needed Timberlake to reach the top 10 and even then 4 Minutes only scraped it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 27, 2019 1:27 AM

R37 Jennifer Lopez doesn't need a billionaire husband to give her the life she's living. Jennifer has made ridiculous sums of $$$ over the past 26 years of her career in entertainment.

She's probably worth as much as $600 million dollars plus. Film, music, tours, her vegas residency, television, her production company, endorsement deals, product lines, and other business ventures etc etc.

She lives very grandiose and that takes $$$. Jlo isn't someone who needs a billionaire in her life. The $$$ comes regardless.

by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2019 1:36 AM

Jennifer also makes $12 million per film. And that's not bad either.

by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2019 1:38 AM

I’m not a fan at all, but she is clearly still popular, still bankable, is always in the entertainment news, looks fantastic and is very successful. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2019 1:41 AM

Always being in the entertainment news can also be attributed to having a good PR person.

by Anonymousreply 62September 27, 2019 1:43 AM

What a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2019 1:43 AM

JLo quote:

[quote] Acting is what I do, so I’m harder on people when they say, ‘Oh, I can do that – I can act.’ I’m like, ‘Hey, don’t spit on my craft.'”

Yes, we all remember Gigli

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2019 1:45 AM

Jlo showed her kind spirit when she was on american Idol. It was a sharp contrast to Britney Spears who showed that she was quite cunty and deranged when she was on X Factor.

She also got a huge comeback after appearing on Idol and had the biggest hit in her career just after her first season on there. Not bad for a then 44 year old Puerto Rican broad.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2019 1:45 AM

Jennifer is more of a "celebrity" than she is a "star".

Her life off the silver screen is so loud and grandiose, that she can't really get lost in a character in movies anymore. All I see is Jennifer.

If you're making a living in film, your real life should probably be a bit more quiet. Actors are supposed to be mysterious. Where not supposed to know much about you. The more mystic the better.

She basically another Kim Kardashian at this point. She's all over social media. Ad she has a YouTube channel to boot.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Come to think about it, I guess J Lo is actually similar to Madonna in many ways. Both are media driven, insanely driven with their entertainment careers often acting as a sideshow to their antics. This goes double for J Lo. Madonna became incredibly popular after her 1984 VMA performance of Like a Virgin while J LO hit the stratosphere after that Versace dress (both were moderately successful before this though). But while Madonna was incredibly popular as a singer (10 number one hits), she basically failed in movies. J Lo had moderate success in music and movies. After her breakup with Brad Pitt, it was her fashion that kept her in the news until she became a judge on American idol. Even now, it's not like her music is really popular. It's the fact that she looks good that largely keeps her in the media. I can't even name the number of times I've seen "look at J Lo at 50" news stories in the past few years.

As for the person saying Madonna isn't listened to by younger people--La Isla Bonita has over 300 million views on youtube. It's one of the most viewed music videos from before 2000. When a song from before 2000 has that many views, that's pretty impressive. Madonna has a handful of songs over or near 100 million streams on spotify and spotify is MAINLY YOUNGER PEOPLE. Not bad for a cryptkeeper, huh? Meanwhile, J LO has four songs with 100 million or more streams, but considering she started her music career A LOT later than Madonna and is 10 years younger, that's actually pretty disappointing. And only one of those songs is from her peak while most of Madonna's songs with over 100 million streams are her classic songs.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2019 1:51 AM

Meant to say "Ben Affleck: not Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2019 1:52 AM

Also, that should read "10 number one hits during her peak" for Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2019 1:56 AM

I loved it. Sharp, in her way. Never would have guessed those quotes were hers.

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2019 1:57 AM

Enough about Madonna! Please.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2019 2:00 AM

[QUOTE] She’s sad, sad and decrepit.

Yeah, she’s looking really decrepit these days. 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2019 2:01 AM

R72 she really does look amazing.

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2019 2:04 AM

ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2019 2:07 AM

Movieline was a great publication , they always got people to talk.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2019 2:08 AM

I love her comment about Winona. “She looks like my older sister Leslie”. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 76September 27, 2019 2:10 AM

I think Gigli flopping and J-Lo having to lick her wounds probably humbled her.

Remember she career was hot from 1998 to 2001. Then the mix of the overexposure of "Bennifer" and Gigli being a major turkey really set her career back (and Ben's) for a few years. They purposely kept her out of the Jersey Girl promotion. She still did movies and recorded albums but she had become kind of a joke.

She's been able to bounce back and Hustlers has been great for her career, reminding people of the early years of her film career when Selena and Out of Sight brought her critical acclaim before the J-Lo brand took over.

by Anonymousreply 77September 27, 2019 2:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 27, 2019 2:11 AM

R74 funny, but I liked the movie ‘Enough’ there were definitely some laughable scenes.

by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2019 2:11 AM

I really love the movie "monster in law" with Jennifer and Jane Fonda. That was a really good movie. It always makes me feel good.

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2019 2:13 AM

LOL she does sound just like a cunty Datalounger. All that she said has been said here about these actresses.

by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2019 2:14 AM

r80, I have seen Monster In Law and Enough more times than I can count. I still sit there and watch that shit like it's the first time when it comes on. This is what J.Lo will always have over these others, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 82September 27, 2019 2:19 AM

R82 I couldn't agree with you more. I love enough as well. But for some reason MIL always makes me feel good. I don't know what it is, but it always does something good for me.

by Anonymousreply 83September 27, 2019 2:24 AM

R76 It's even bitchier when you discover what her sister Leslie looks like, she's on the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 27, 2019 2:33 AM

Chutzpah personified.

by Anonymousreply 85September 27, 2019 2:37 AM

Nothing humbled JLO. One of her demands while working was that no one look at her or speak to her. Only the 1st and 2nd assistant directors could talk to her or the DP or director. My friend was a PA and once when she went into the hotel gym (the filming was on location) she stepped onto a treadmill that was right nest to Jennifer's and stared at her while she did her workout. See they weren't at work, the rules didn't apply.

by Anonymousreply 86September 27, 2019 2:38 AM

Whatever happened to her sister Linda Lopez? She use to work for the E! Network interviewing celebrities, and than she kinda just disappeared.

What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 87September 27, 2019 2:40 AM

That bitch has a short memory. When she started she looked like a fat boxer. She was "thick" and she look like she had taken punches in the face because her nose is pretty flat and her feature are hard. A make over and workout routine did wonders for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 27, 2019 2:41 AM

All of these actresses are better than J-Ho. Imagine boasting about being in Anaconda. What a spaz she is.

by Anonymousreply 89September 27, 2019 2:42 AM

Natural beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 27, 2019 2:43 AM

So lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 27, 2019 2:45 AM

Any wonder Mariah acts like she doesn't know who the bitch is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 27, 2019 2:49 AM

Why did DL wait until 2019 to start hating on JLo?

Jelly cuz she’s aging well, still gets to act like a heaux, plus gets A-Rod?

And don’t forget that Oscar buzz...

by Anonymousreply 93September 27, 2019 2:52 AM

Jennifers whole head is grey, she has to constantly keep coloring it.

by Anonymousreply 94September 27, 2019 2:52 AM

R93 A-Rod is a loser of a fiancée and constantly is caught cheating. She must like to be a victim.

by Anonymousreply 95September 27, 2019 2:54 AM

Jlo and A-rod are like Liz and Dick. Love the publicity and very extravagant lifestyles.

The same with Kim and Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 96September 27, 2019 2:57 AM

The bitch isn't wrong.

by Anonymousreply 97September 27, 2019 3:02 AM

It's fun watching her clean in Maid in Manhattan. She's probably in better physical shape now. She must workout 5 hours a day, everyday.

by Anonymousreply 98September 27, 2019 3:07 AM

As much as I don't like her, she looks fucking great. She doesn't look anywhere near 50.

She is a creation as much as Gaga is. J-Lo at least can pull off a movie without help. Gaga played herself and got lucky. J-Lo has some acting range. She is also pleasant to look at unlike Gaga. J-Lo's music and touring career have been more successful and more organic than Gaga. J-Lo can still get organic buzz going.

by Anonymousreply 99September 27, 2019 3:08 AM

R93 Yes, yes and yes plus more.

Some of the comments about her looks and age are verbatim what so many use against other stars who still look great at an older age and are still doing well. It is the stans of a certain other "singer/actress" who is younger but uses way more cosmetic "help".

by Anonymousreply 100September 27, 2019 3:11 AM

As a Latina Lopez had to work twice as hard to get to where she is. I don’t blame her for unloading on these nepotistic white hoes.

GO JLO!

by Anonymousreply 101September 27, 2019 3:13 AM

I would like to see a video of a rod giving it to her doggy style.

by Anonymousreply 102September 27, 2019 3:14 AM

R101 I thought she was Puerto Rican

by Anonymousreply 103September 27, 2019 3:14 AM

I actually like her much better having read this interview. I miss the days when celebrities used to speak their minds, however deluded they may have come across, instead of reciting bland, polite platitudes about everything and everybody. That's why the pop culture was so much more interesting before PR firms and celebrity handlers took over everything.

by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2019 3:23 AM

I actually like many of those she bashed but she has a right to her opinion. I don't think other artists should bash each other. It is all opinion and no one is perfect. It is unseemly but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 105September 27, 2019 3:27 AM

[quote] She only became really famous after wearing that dress

No.

Try again, dear.

by Anonymousreply 106September 27, 2019 3:28 AM

She keeps trying for "power-couple", but she chooses the wrong guys.

by Anonymousreply 107September 27, 2019 3:33 AM

Imagine if she hadn’t worn that dress...

Would her story be different?

Who was her stylist? Who created it? Donatella?

What was all the hoopla anyway? The odd color and revealing quality? Did she copy the gimmick from Rose McGowan? Has anyone else had as famous a dress? Liz Hurley(also Versace)?

by Anonymousreply 108September 27, 2019 3:38 AM

Fun fact: I like to collect weird stuff. I bought a plastic mini skirt from her children's clothing line years ago. It's made for a 6 year old child.

by Anonymousreply 109September 27, 2019 3:39 AM

Those of you who keep saying she only became famous because of the Oscars dress in 2000 are just flat-out wrong. You obviously weren't around then, and are guessing. She was very famous well before it.

She was a Fly Girl on "In Living Color" in the early 90s, but she first really became famous in 1997 when she starred in the movie "Selena" about the assassinated music star. She received a Golden Globe nomination and became subsequently the first Latoin female star to command more than $12 million a picture. She then had two other big movies, the financially successful "Anaconda" and the critically acclaimed "Out of Sight" (where she was lauded for her performance).

Then in June of 1999 she had a giant success with her first album, "On the 6," which was the #1 album that summer for eight straight weeks, and made her debut that summer on the Billboard Hit Charts in the #1 position with her first single, "If You Had My Love."

It was only in February of 2000 that she appeared in the famous green dress on the red carpet. But by then she had already been the biggest female music sensation in the country the year before, and had also received quite a lot of attention for her acting.

by Anonymousreply 110September 27, 2019 3:55 AM

I love J-Lo.

She's a really funny woman. she got humbled after the Ben Affleck saga

by Anonymousreply 111September 27, 2019 4:00 AM

R110 Jennifer wore the Versace dress to the grammys not the Oscars.

Get it right.

by Anonymousreply 112September 27, 2019 5:03 AM

R112 your get it right comment reminded me of JLo’s song ‘Get Right’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 27, 2019 5:07 AM

R113 the first 1:40 JLo shows off her incredible acting skills. Remember acting is her craft...

by Anonymousreply 114September 27, 2019 5:12 AM

R113 Another unintended consequence of posting on the Jlo thread lol.

by Anonymousreply 115September 27, 2019 5:19 AM

I never understood why she dissed Salma when Salma was doing very edgy stuff in the late 90s. Salma was playing Lesbian when many Hollywood actresses wouldn't even touch those roles.

I loved Timecode, The Velocity of Gery, 54, Midaq Alley, and even No One Writes to the Colonel. JLo was wrong about Salma.

by Anonymousreply 116September 27, 2019 5:21 AM

I'm a college prof and yes, my students have heard of Madonna and could probably name a number of her songs. People are really out of touch here.

JLo is still doing her thing, 20 years later. She may not be a great actress or singer, but she still works.

by Anonymousreply 117September 27, 2019 6:31 AM

I’m 25 and I have never met a peer of mine that liked Madonna who wasn’t a gay man. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 118September 27, 2019 6:41 AM

old jay lo has had more nose jobs than Nicole Kidman......

by Anonymousreply 119September 27, 2019 7:12 AM

R109 is one of the creepiest comments I’ve ever read on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 120September 27, 2019 9:03 AM

R75 Yeah I agree Movieline was great. Nearly every edition gave me a number of belly laughs. Really miss it. Thank God for Data Lounge though

by Anonymousreply 121September 27, 2019 9:16 AM

Well, now we know why everyone in Hollywood hates her.

by Anonymousreply 122September 27, 2019 10:26 AM

That link triggered my anti-virus software. I enjoyed OP's recap. I don't know at what point in her career this took place, but she certainly embodied or came to embody the criticisms she bestowed on others.

Eh, I still like her. We're all bitches when we're trying to make it.

by Anonymousreply 123September 27, 2019 10:40 AM

Don't forget Jennifer Lopez's accolades.

I think Jennifer Lopez might be a GOLDEN RASPBERRY AWARD winner. I know that she's been nominated on more than one occasion for the coveted RAZZIE award, most recently as 2016 for THE BOY NEXT DOOR.

However, I don't recall what other film performances Jennifer Lopez received a RAZZIE nomination for. I'm pretty sure she was nominated for MAID IN MANHATTAN and WHAT TO EXPECT, but I don't know if she's actually won the coveted accolade.

She also won a GLAMOUR MAGAZINE award in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 124September 27, 2019 10:55 AM

R106, it's true. She was somewhat famous before the dress but it was the dress that pushed her into the stratosphere. You couldn't stop hearing about her after she wore that dress. It's like Madonna before and after the Like a Virgin 1984 VMA performance. She was definitely famous before that but after that performance, she was all over the place and you couldn't avoid her.

by Anonymousreply 125September 27, 2019 12:20 PM

R110, she was mildly famous before but it wasn't like she was this huge media presence all over the place. It was the DRESS that put her on every magazine in the country. Seriously, you couldn't walk into a grocery store or anywhere without seeing her on the cover after she wore that dress. Don't forget she released on the 6 when Britney was in her prime so Britney was definitely the big female music star at the time while everyone else (except Shania Twain who sold like 30 million globally with come On Over) was in her shadow.

by Anonymousreply 126September 27, 2019 12:23 PM

Interesting how that interview has reared it's head when there is buzz about her performance in Hustlers. That being said, I miss Movieline! I stopped reading Vanity Fair as all the celebrity interviews are just puff pieces.

by Anonymousreply 127September 27, 2019 12:29 PM

Ha ha! That interview was DEVASTATING to her acting career. It is a marvel that anybody wanted to work with her after that. That was before they were able to get the Bronx out of her.

by Anonymousreply 128September 27, 2019 12:55 PM

[quote] Interesting how that interview has reared it's head when there is buzz about her performance in Hustlers. That being said, I miss Movieline! I stopped reading Vanity Fair as all the celebrity interviews are just puff pieces.

Movieline was notorious for getting middling and/or upcoming talents to say stupid shit about their (imagined) peers and the industry. I miss it too.

by Anonymousreply 129September 27, 2019 12:58 PM

She was famous for her ASS first. Right after “Selena”, and she was parading it around.

She’s a gorgeous woman, and I admire her cuntiness and ambition from afar. Wouldn’t want to encounter her in real life, though.

by Anonymousreply 130September 27, 2019 2:04 PM

R129 Any others you can think of?

by Anonymousreply 131September 27, 2019 2:16 PM

I've always thought there was something Joan Crawford adjacent about Jennifer Lopez.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

by Anonymousreply 132September 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Werq

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 27, 2019 2:49 PM

No, R132. She's definitely a Hollywood mean girl in that same, ambitious, bloodthirsty way.

by Anonymousreply 134September 27, 2019 2:49 PM

Movieline was the best magazine ever. I would buy that and Premiere and was satisfied. Have to say Jlo is great in Hustlers and she will get a nomination for sure. She made a mistake here- a big one and she showed a side of herself that was unattractive. But she has learnt from it. She would never to this now and has a great reputation.

by Anonymousreply 135September 27, 2019 3:02 PM

Is Jennifer's performance in hustlers really that good? Like Oscar level good?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 136September 27, 2019 3:05 PM

R135, yes, she learned, but I still have the feeling she's every bit as mean, but just keeps those comments private.

Her 'craft' was always shaking that ass and pretending to a talent she barely possessed. Her acting is obvious, too, as JLo in the role of smart hooker/stripper is hardly a reach. People who are real actors immerse themselves into a role to the point where their celebrity disappears. She has NEVER achieved this.

She's a long shot against Renee as Judy anyway.

by Anonymousreply 137September 27, 2019 3:10 PM

I'm sure Streep will get a nomination for her role as aunt march in little women.

Jennifer will probably always only be a presenter at the Oscars. Her talent level doesn't warrant a win. She's not that focused.

I believe Jennifer just does movies for the paycheck and nothing else. That's what I get from her.

by Anonymousreply 138September 27, 2019 3:18 PM

r93 you need to check out the above links to real pictures of Jennifer. She looks good because the make up job is good. Before her make over she was just okay to a little homely looking.

But you enjoy your reality over there, it seems to be working for you.

by Anonymousreply 139September 27, 2019 3:27 PM

r101 you should read the Movieline article and see where JLO demands she not play a Latina in her movies.

That's how proud she is.

by Anonymousreply 140September 27, 2019 3:30 PM

She's werqing that back fat at r133.

by Anonymousreply 141September 27, 2019 3:34 PM

LOL. Madonna aside, literally every actress she mentioned went on to do bigger things than her in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 142September 27, 2019 3:36 PM

She looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Jlo will be nominated in supporting category. You know she really is great in it. I dont think she will win no. TBh I think the best suppoting actress should go to the grandma in The Farewell and if she is nominated it will. But Jlo is great in it and does enough- its a fully rounded character- to get that nomination.

by Anonymousreply 144September 27, 2019 3:48 PM

[quote] I stopped reading Vanity Fair as all the celebrity interviews are just puff pieces.

Vanity Fair was very far up HW's ass: every time he started pushing his slampiece du jour on the general public, that girl would get a requisite cover and a puff piece in their magazine. It was basically a fan mag for JLaw and Angelina Jolie, I swear they would be on the cover *at least* once a year.

by Anonymousreply 145September 27, 2019 3:58 PM

She’s always been a delusional bitch.

by Anonymousreply 146September 27, 2019 4:02 PM

I wish Glitter had already been made back then, just so we could hear her opinion.

by Anonymousreply 147September 27, 2019 4:13 PM

Her Oscar buzz died down now, isn’t it ? After the movie opened and became a hit, it seems her momentum slowed down, surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 148September 27, 2019 4:23 PM

I loved her performance in El Cantante.

The woman is a fucking knockout, regardless. The best ass in the business, and it’s natural.

She’s a talented actor. Like most actors, she is better in some roles than others, but when you give her the role that’s just right for her, she usually exceeds expectations.

Unfortunately, she has a diva reputation, & she’s just not iconic enough to get away with it, like Diana Ross, or Stevie Nicks. Not that these women were or are divas, but they transcend their talents in ways that JLo doesn’t.

I give her props for continuing to work in a business that is usually brutal to women over 35-40.

by Anonymousreply 149September 27, 2019 5:46 PM

J-Lo has always been a bitch. I remember reading that many years ago she and Christina Aguilera were overheard bitching loudly at a function for Latin artists. If I remember correctly Lynda Carter was around and the two shady ass heaux claimed that Carter only owned up to her Mexican heritage because their success had made it fashionable to be a Latina.

by Anonymousreply 150September 27, 2019 7:52 PM

Janet Jackson gave her her first break as a dancer after she left In Living Color. She was featured in the video for “That’s the Way Love Goes”, participated in the rehearsals for “If” and was going to go out on the janet. Tour, but she left Janet’s camp when she won a role on a sitcom. She still credits Janet’s “Pleasure Principle” video as the reason she got into show business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 27, 2019 9:10 PM

R26, Her acting career took a downward turn in the early 2000s because she added (bad) pop singer and (tacky) fashion designer to her resume which hurt her credibility and damaged her craft. Not that she was some highly skilled performer to begin with, but she did receive some good notices and critical praise early on.

If she had just remained an actor and focused on honing that skill, she'd be a much better actor today and would be taken more seriously. Instead, she decided to start a business empire (music, fashion, restaurants, etc....) which spread her thin and made her a worst actor than when she started.

I certainly don't knock her. Business-wise, she made the right decision as she's probably halfway to being a billionaire by now. But from an artistic standpoint, she's more of a celebrity at this point than a serious actor.

That's why it's so funny reading this article twenty years later and listening to her talk about herself like she's this grand artiste who has to protect her craft from the frivolous, untalented women aren't worthy enough to breathe the same air as she, lol.

by Anonymousreply 152September 27, 2019 9:33 PM

[quote] Very few people under 30 even know who Madonna is.

Well, that's just pure bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 153September 27, 2019 9:40 PM

R80, Monster in Law is entertaining because of Jane Fonda. Jennifer had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 154September 27, 2019 9:44 PM

"Enough" is a glorified lifetime movie, but it is strangely watchable. Monster in Law is funny because Jane Fonda is a great comedic actress. JLO had no idea how to play the straight man in her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 155September 27, 2019 9:47 PM

hter [quote] [R110], she was mildly famous before but it wasn't like she was this huge media presence all over the place. It was the DRESS that put her on every magazine in the country.

She had ALREADY been on every magazine cover before the dress.

The dress was worn in February of 2000. In 1998-1999, she was on the covers of: Cosmopolitan, Elle, InStyle, Viva, Vibe, Arena, Details, Entertainment Weekly, Movieline, Mirabella, Shape, etc. She was already one of the most famous women in the United States before she wore the dress.

Still don't believe me she was very famous before the dress? Read her entry on wikipedia which details everything that made her famous prior to February, 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 27, 2019 9:54 PM

R152 well said. Jennifer was on her way to truly becoming a serious seasoned actor, but like you said she got into music and branding and started spreading herself thin and her being a serious thespian went out the window.

Instead, she became Jlo. And she is more of a celebrity now then a serious film actor. It's all about the Jlo brand and being glamorous and living a Jlo lifestyle.

She's a walking celebrity brand now, not an artist who happens to be a star. but a celebrity. There's a big difference. Pretty much anyone can be a celebrity but not everyone can be a star. She's basically a more serious version of Kim Kardashian without the sex tape.

For Jennifer it's just all about the checks now.

by Anonymousreply 157September 27, 2019 10:12 PM

In the photo at R156, That's Jlo the celebrity not a serious film star. But then again, I believe that was at her recent movie premier so I guess the Jlo level glam is appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 158September 27, 2019 10:17 PM

R156, that's one of the worst recent pictures of her that I've seen. She looks clownish.

by Anonymousreply 159September 27, 2019 10:18 PM

I'm not a J-lo fan but I now I kind of love her for the shade. The Winona Ryder one is magnificent, "my older sister". I bow to her masterful cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 160September 27, 2019 10:36 PM

R160, and she wasn't kidding. She DOES look like Ryder. I wonder if she's ever said to herself in the mirror in a horrible English accent "take me away from all this....death!!!".

by Anonymousreply 161September 28, 2019 12:31 AM

[Quote] If I remember correctly Lynda Carter was around and the two shady ass heaux claimed that Carter only owned up to her Mexican heritage because their success had made it fashionable to be a Latina.

They did what??!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 28, 2019 3:56 AM

It is kind of interesting how you never heard of women like Lynda Carter, Raquel Welch and others being Latina until the big Latin explosion of the 90s and then everybody started coming out of the closet so to speak haha.

by Anonymousreply 163September 28, 2019 4:00 AM

"I never understood why she dissed Salma when Salma was doing very edgy stuff in the late 90s. Salma was playing Lesbian when many Hollywood actresses wouldn't even touch those roles."

Yes, and Hayek was excruciatingly bad in all of them, she even sucked in Friday.

by Anonymousreply 164September 28, 2019 4:15 AM

I see J.Lo's PR has found this thread. She is a horrible actress. unwatchable movies.

The only good thing she does is that tv show shades of blue. I was actually surprised she was not bad in it.

by Anonymousreply 165September 28, 2019 4:19 AM

She is one of the most boring, least interesting celebrities. No one would ever see a Truth or Dare-type movie in the theater starring her because her life is a series of vain publicity stunts.

by Anonymousreply 166September 28, 2019 5:29 AM

R166, Nobody would see a movie about Madonna in 2019 either. Everyone knows what a basic Bitch Madonna is now.

At least people will actually pay to see JLO ACT in a movie though. Madonna has never been able to relate.

by Anonymousreply 167September 28, 2019 5:52 AM

JLo is talented in making money. Maybe she was a decent dancer, but she can't sing for shit and is just an average actress but she's managed to make hundreds of millions of dollars out of her bang average "talents". That I have to give her credit.

At least Madonna has many songs that are fucking famous. JLo has none. Madonna has made more of an impact on the culture for millions. Jlo? not so much.

by Anonymousreply 168September 28, 2019 5:57 AM

[Quote] No one would ever see a Truth or Dare-type movie in the theater starring her because her life is a series of vain publicity stunts.

Omg it took me a second to realize you weren't talking about that silly horror movie that came out last year ☺

by Anonymousreply 169September 28, 2019 6:12 AM

A Jennifer Lopez documentary would not have been a hit movie at any stage in her career, unlike Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 170September 28, 2019 6:34 AM

[quote]It is kind of interesting how you never heard of women like Lynda Carter...

Are you kidding? Everyone knew Lynda had a Mexican mother.

by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2019 12:28 PM

Puffy christened her Jenny-Lo when they were dating, which later became J-Lo (particularly after her album of the same name was released). She was humbled after a night out with him turned into a police chase where he threw a gun from the vehicle and they both ended up in a detention center all night. She reportedly cried throughout the whole thing, and not long after she left him.

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2019 12:31 PM

Jennifer during the Janet “If” rehearsals. She’s the one in the black sweats and white knotted top

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2019 12:35 PM

I've read here that Movieline was a great magazine that often ran stories like this. I wish someone would start a thread and post some other examples of interviews and stories where they caught their subjects off-guard. That would be a great thread!

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2019 12:38 PM

Taco flavored kisses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2019 12:42 PM

R172, according to Jamie Foxx, when she was on In Living Color, everyone referred to her as J Hoe. The reason is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2019 7:58 PM

Speaking of a Jlo documentary, she has a YouTube channel now and it's pretty much shot in documentary style.

It's very much mtv's "The Diary of" in how it's filmed. I literally just finished watching a video of her promoting her new hustlers movie on her YouTube channel. And Jennifer lives a really exciting life. She has at least a dozen people catering to her at any given moment.

She was at the Toronto film festival over the course of two days I believe, and it ends with her getting on a private jet to fly back to the states after hustlers promotional work was done.

Check it out.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2019 8:00 PM

She flies on private jets?!!!!?!!! She's killing the environment.

by Anonymousreply 178September 29, 2019 12:12 AM

Curious how she really feels sharing the Superbowl spotlight with another singer. Like either by herself is not worthy enough.

by Anonymousreply 179September 29, 2019 1:16 AM

Shakira is also a MUCH better performer than J Lo--she can shake her ass AND sounds good live.

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]literally every actress she mentioned went on to do bigger things than her in the movies.

The only thing GOOP has done of notice in almost the last twenty years is a supporting role in a Marvel franchise. Hardly stellar work for an Academy award winning actress (still an amusing thing to say regarding her).

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2019 1:46 AM

You can see the effort she puts into relentlessly wearing fur as much as possible during every publicity campaign. She doesn't give a shit about the environment.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2019 3:31 AM

[quote]Haha! She shit talks everyone. She was younger then and I’m sure she’s calmed down. Maybe she was drunk when she gave the interview.

No, it was Movieline. You had to bring it, if you were being interviewed for Movieline. I sure miss that magazine.

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2019 5:58 AM

I decided to revisit Enough and it's still a decent movie. But her acting wasn't great in the beginning. Which it makes it doubly funny if it's true that she's always used an acting coach while on set.

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2019 6:11 AM

[quote]Curious how she really feels sharing the Superbowl spotlight with another singer. Like either by herself is not worthy enough.

I know. Right? Whoah to be a fly on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 185October 2, 2019 7:10 AM

She looked terrible in walking down the catwalk wearing that dress again. her legs are so big.

Yes, she's over 50 and works out everyday but she's not as great as she thinks she is (her shape).

by Anonymousreply 186October 2, 2019 9:17 PM

Didn't Ashanti sing her biggest hits? I remember there were a lot of stories about music producers using the voices of other (black) singers for JLo back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 187October 2, 2019 10:18 PM

Even when she does comedy she's not really effective. She can't "let loose" and always seems guarded and inauthentic.

by Anonymousreply 188October 2, 2019 10:44 PM

R187 yes it’s true JLo is the fakest cunt in entertainment

by Anonymousreply 189October 2, 2019 11:17 PM

Is Leah Remini a bitch too behind the cameras? She and J Lo are best friends.

by Anonymousreply 190October 2, 2019 11:21 PM

Funny thing about Leah...years ago, there was a reality show that went behind the scenes of her wedding. I remember them catching her guffawing when someone suggested Jennifer Lopez attend.

by Anonymousreply 191October 3, 2019 1:45 AM

R191, lol really? Surprising. I guess Leah Remini is a new Yorker so she probably has a no-nonsense attitude but she doesn't seem "mean" and condescending the way Lopez does. They showed the tryouts to be a Fly Girl on that show in Living Color. Originally, Lopez wasn't good enough to qualify and their is footage of her stomping her feet in anger at being rejected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 3, 2019 2:36 AM

Leah and Jennifer are still good friends,

by Anonymousreply 193October 3, 2019 3:23 AM

Not a fan of hers but she’s probably the most successful triple threat around today. Who else? Beyoncé? Can she act? Lady Gaga , though I really like her, she can’t really dance. At least not as good as the two.

by Anonymousreply 194October 3, 2019 12:06 PM

J-Lo is indeed a triple threat, can't act, can't sing, can't dance.

by Anonymousreply 195October 3, 2019 12:21 PM

J Lo cannot sing so she is not a triple threat.

by Anonymousreply 196October 3, 2019 12:21 PM

Beyonce's acting is better than J Lo's singing...and Beyonce cannot act (just see the video at R192 if you don't believe me).

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2019 12:22 PM

Amazing how white J Lo's skin used to be before she became famous. I guess fame bronzes you.

by Anonymousreply 198October 3, 2019 1:13 PM

It's amazing she's still so relevant when you consider the obvious lack of talent and the fickle nature of the industry. Looking back at that 1990 Fly Girl video from 30 years ago... makes me wonder where the other Fly Girls are today? Probably living day to day in South Central L.A with 7 kids apiece.

She really made it from background dancer on a TV show, to backUP dancer for an actual star (Janet), and somehow crawled (and fucked) her way to the top. Hard enough to do, but even more impressive that she has maintained her own stardom consistently for about 25 years. Some of the most ardent and determined self-promoters have failed to do this. She sorta filled the void left by Selena's death and inadvertently became the Latina superstar and never looked back. It reminds me of 'All About Eve', lol (the Janet connection too).

She's not just 'in' a movie, she's the *star* of it. She's (co)*headlining* the Superbowl, she's first on the call sheet on all her TV shows, has 9 hits on the Hot 100 in the past decade alone, and successful Vegas residency / tours. Not many others from the early '90s have that same longevity, even Janet and Madonna aren't getting their own film vehicles. Hustler, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 199October 3, 2019 1:25 PM

This slag can’t act herself, so it’s kind of rich to read her comments on the acting abilities of her “peers”. I can’t stand Paltrow, but she is a much better actress than Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 200October 3, 2019 1:32 PM

[Quote] and Beyonce cannot act (just see the video at [R192] if you don't believe me).

Or just watched Obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 3, 2019 1:42 PM

Unbelievable that as a touring artist, she can still fill up arenas and even stadium while her 90’s contemporaries- like Mariah, Janet and Madonna are now relegated to doing theaters and country fairs.

by Anonymousreply 202October 3, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]while her 90’s contemporaries

Janet, Madonna and Mariah are women who Jennifer Lopez looked up to (particularly Janet). She didn’t begin her singing career until 1999, while Janet and Madonna were around way before the ‘90s began and Mariah became a superstar in 1990, so they’re hardly JLo’s contemporaries. Those would be the likes of Ashanti, Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc.

by Anonymousreply 203October 3, 2019 5:52 PM

Being a Latina she had a built in audience. That really helped. Had she been white, she probably wouldn’t be as successful.

by Anonymousreply 204October 3, 2019 10:49 PM

I worked with one of the kids who was in The Lab (winning group of "World of Dance"). She had unflattering things to say about her, and that was about 2 years ago, so Jenny has not changed her diva ways.

by Anonymousreply 205October 4, 2019 3:26 PM

r199, the token Asian Fly Girl, Carrie Ann Inaba, make a comfortable living being a judge on, "Dancing With the Stars" and is now a co-host on , "The Talk". I remember that she did a pretty spectacular pole dance piece for Madonna's "Girlie Tour" (Madonna does have her finger on trends) with a bald head (it was a stipulation that she had to shave it for the tour).

by Anonymousreply 206October 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 207October 4, 2019 3:50 PM

Carrie Ann auditioned for Janet’s Velvet Rope tour too. She did save her head for The Girlie Show.

by Anonymousreply 208October 4, 2019 5:28 PM

R206 is forgetting Carrie Ann's greatest achievement--banging Angelina Jolie when she was still kinky and rough around the edges (in public).

by Anonymousreply 209October 4, 2019 5:31 PM

I can't wait for the Superbowl. J.Lo will look like such a loser next to Shakira. I hope Shakira performs one of her Spanish-speaking rock songs that really showcase the range and strength of her voice.

by Anonymousreply 210October 4, 2019 7:33 PM

Wasn’t that Jenny Shimizu r209?

by Anonymousreply 211October 4, 2019 11:51 PM

I am glad to hear about Jennifer Lopez' opinion of other talented actresses. Are there any articles in which Jennifer's co-star Lizzo shares her professional opinion of other great thespians? I'd like to read about who Lizzo admires.

by Anonymousreply 212October 11, 2019 1:09 AM

Why do people come on Datalounge and say things like "my friend worked with her and had nothing good to say". But doesn't say what it is. What's the point. If you can't give details why bother????

by Anonymousreply 213October 21, 2019 6:33 PM

R213 Probably because it's your garden variety stuff - she's a general ill-tempered bitch, treats people like servants, is rude, egotistical, thinks the world stops when she needs something, etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 214October 22, 2019 12:53 AM

I know JLo originally wanted Cardi to play the role. But even though she used to be a stripper, I still don't think she could've pulled it off.

by Anonymousreply 215October 22, 2019 4:46 AM

From whence doth cum her anger..... and new face?

by Anonymousreply 216October 23, 2019 10:03 AM

I don't mind JLo , I think she is a good dancer and she looks amazing for her age but she's not a good singer, everybody knows this. Ashanti sang on some of her tracks. One of my friends is a comedian and used to do the warm-up for a well-known chat TV show; he said he heard her rehearsing and her voice was "horrible".

I always wondered what the Mariah "I don't know her" beef was about; apparently it goes far back to her belief that JLo stole the melody to "I'm Real" from her own song, Loverboy, as well as some other ideas that were stolen. Apparently, it goes back to Mottola. Either way, the shade was tremendous. lol "Would you a duet with JLo?' "I'm not sure how that would sound". lol

by Anonymousreply 217October 23, 2019 10:33 AM

This is an interesting video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 23, 2019 10:36 AM

R217, the feud is epic. During the time when Mariah was about to have her breakdown, some interviewer brought up to her that she had interviewed Lopez. Mariah's response: I bet it was really intellectually stimulating...I bet you could see the depth in her eyes, she was so soulful." HAHAHA! I find it funny Mariah denies there was a feud. There was clearly some animosity between them. See the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 23, 2019 1:12 PM

On being told Jennifer Lopez sleeps 8 hours (versus her 3): "If I had the luxury of not writing my own songs, I'd do that too".

by Anonymousreply 220October 23, 2019 1:14 PM

R217 I thought the rumour was JLo sucked Mottola's dick for tracks.

by Anonymousreply 221October 23, 2019 1:18 PM

R271 Tommy took someone with zero singing ability and made her more popular than Mariah between 2001-2003 That drove Mariah insane and to a mental Breakdown. Tommy knew exactly what he was doing!

by Anonymousreply 222October 23, 2019 1:25 PM

Thanks for the link, 219! There's clearly an epic feud and she denies it when making those shady comments.

R220 loool. Ouch! And R221 - I heard that one too.

R222 - Oh yes, I bet he did! He obviously was trying to cause her some anguish and he succeeded and you wonder what kind of stuff was going on behind the scenes. Whilst it's amusing hearing all her shady comments and it makes good viewing, it's also sad that he caused the issue and the ladies are now feuding because of it. If he's allowing theft of Mariah's melodies he knows this is going to upset her.

by Anonymousreply 223October 23, 2019 5:26 PM

R223, you're right to blame mottola but let's also acknowledge that J. Lo knew exactly she was doing. She probably knew 100% where those demos came from and she knew he could do for her what he did for Mariah's career in the early and mid 90s. At least with Mariah, what you see is what you get. J Lo is a snake in the grass--she attempts to act sweet and nice in interviews and in public but it's really obvious she's an asshole behind the scenes (as several people on DL have attested).

by Anonymousreply 224October 23, 2019 5:33 PM

R224 - Very true and a good point. I agree. She must have known. One thing Mariah is and that's upfront, which is why I like her. As for JLo , I had no strong feelings either way, other than she looks really good. Oh really? I am new so I missed any discussions about her on here but I have heard that before, mainly she pulls some diva stuff behind the scenes. It doesn't surprise me what you say because lots of people can act nice on camera for an interview and be absolute c**ts to their staff or others around them.

by Anonymousreply 225October 23, 2019 5:47 PM

My favorite Salma story comes from Jay Mohr's podcast, on the episode he had Scott Wolf in to talk.

The way Jay tells it she was a huge diva on the 90s cult show ACTION, where she contributed a single-episode cameo. Salma demanded to control her wardrobe as well as change her scripted lines & role in front of the director. It took a writer, said director and Jay himself to talk Salma out of halting the entire shoot with a raging tantrum. She also had her own brother in tow as a dogsbody/security hench who tried to intimidate the crew.

I'm willing to bet that this is exaggerated for effect by Mohr, however. I'd like to hear her version of events because I imagine it's very different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 23, 2019 7:11 PM

Didn't J-Ho steal one of Toni Braxton's songs too?

by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2019 7:29 PM

Didn't J-Ho steal one of Toni Braxton's songs too?

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2019 7:29 PM

R227, no, but this did happen (from wikipedia):

"If You Had My Love" became the subject of some controversy when it emerged that Jerkins had written a "nearly identical song" for singer Chanté Moore.[6][16] Moore asserted that her song "If I Gave Love" was re-written with the same arrangement for Lopez after it was requested by Sean Combs, one of On the 6's producers. Moore said: "He wrote the same song for her. I heard that it was because Puff Daddy walked in and heard my song and said 'I want that song,' and he [Rodney] was like 'Well that's already taken. We wrote that for Chante,' and he was like 'I want that song.' So Rodney wrote, really, the same song."[17] "If I Gave Love" was intended to be released as a single from her album This Moment Is Mine (1999), but was ultimately scrapped"

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2019 7:32 PM

Also, I believe J Lo also performs (singing and other things) for Arab dictators--another reason she's trash.

by Anonymousreply 230October 23, 2019 7:36 PM

Jennifer doesn't give a fuck where her $$ comes from.

That extravagant Jlo lifestyle isn't going to pay for itself.

To her, a check is a check.

by Anonymousreply 231October 23, 2019 7:54 PM

Salma Hayek's movie career hasn't been great really. Most of her movies were critical as well as commercial flops.

by Anonymousreply 232October 23, 2019 8:15 PM

But Salma has a wealthy husband.

JLo is a tacky bitch. Utterly tacky with all the vocal abilities of a stop sign.

by Anonymousreply 233November 4, 2019 5:00 PM

Who cares about her opinion? She’s a performer. The actresses she names probably don’t even see her as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 234November 4, 2019 5:35 PM

[Quote] Utterly tacky with all the vocal abilities of a stop sign.

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 235November 4, 2019 9:22 PM

I see her ass is still plump, it's not sagging yet.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 236November 4, 2019 9:38 PM

r15, I love your comments so much and you are spot on. The increasing popularity of the internet especially social media have made celebs more guarded. Because everything on social media is so permanent. Their words of criticism, snark, bitchiness would never die.

by Anonymousreply 237November 4, 2019 10:01 PM

J-lo may be no Meryl but she's talented, has charisma on screen, and can be dam good in projects like Selena & Out of Sight. She has just picked some horrible films the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 238November 4, 2019 10:02 PM

R236 it did look pretty great in Hustlers. But it would have to be when your wearing floss.

by Anonymousreply 239November 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Jennifer Lopez is a two-time RAZZIE award winner and she's had a few more nominations. Maybe Jennifer or Cardi B or LIZZO will be nominated this year. Has Janet won or even been nominated for a RAZZIE?

by Anonymousreply 240November 9, 2019 2:36 AM

Her thoughts on OTHER actresses? 😂 it’s not as if she’s an actress herself. The cunt is barely a singer.

by Anonymousreply 241November 10, 2019 6:32 PM

J. Lo made a big mistake of overexposing her limited talent. Now all of her shadiness and bitchy behavior is going to resurface especially by people who dealt with her in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 242January 29, 2021 6:48 PM

This bitch only thought she was “good” because she was comparing herself to dumpster fires like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 243January 29, 2021 6:57 PM

I hate how her behavior is rewarded. She's a known cunt to everyone who isn't rich and her whole singing career was bought for her by Motolla and Diddy. Everyone knows she can't sing for shit yet here she is getting booked left and right for the Superbowl, New Years Eve and Inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 244January 30, 2021 4:01 PM

In that regard, r11 I really think JLO should have passed on the Inauguration. She opened her mouth and this awful sound squeaky squacky little sound came out. She's definitely not a natural singer. It was painful to listen to her so I just switched channels. Honestly, in the whole of the USA, that's all they could get that day to sign for Biden and country?

by Anonymousreply 245January 30, 2021 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!