Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who are the solid left-wingers in Hollywood?

I'm not talking about socially liberal - as every third person in the industry is socially liberal (or at least claims to be) I'm talking economically. A few offhand: Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins and John Cusack.

I read an interview with Natalie Portman a few years ago where she had some nice things to say about France's socialized daycare and France regulating the money within the film industry. However, there's another interview around that same time where she seems down on worker strikes - so I'm not sure about her.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2020 3:55 AM

Chris Evans, Matt Damon, Richard Gere, Reese Witherspoon, Justin Theroux, Al Pacino, Robert DiNiro, Alex Baldwin, Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Janelle Monae, Robert Redford, Diane Keaton, Kristin Stewart, Emma Thompson, Matt Bomer, Mark Ruffalo...off the top of my head...

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2019 5:39 PM

but notice who is noticeably not mentioned by OP or r1: Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2019 5:43 PM

Martin Sheen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2019 8:06 PM

Tim Roth is a Bernie Bro.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2019 8:58 PM

Whoever CDAN puts in a blind as being a pedo

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2019 9:11 PM

Mark Ruffalo has been vocal on political issues for years. Immigration, gay rights, women's rights, environment, you name it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2019 10:04 PM

A few more:

Will Ferrell Adam McKay Neve Campbell Sasha Grey Emily Ratajkowski Danny DeVito Shailene Woodley Danny Glover James Cromwell

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2019 4:01 PM

Ted Danson

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2019 8:31 PM

R5 Yep. Those freaks love planting sick (and fabricated ) stories about lefty politicians and celebs. The unnerving thing is that there are Americans who are idiotic enough to buy this bullshit. I really think that stupid site is putting people at risk with their lies. I'm not usually a fan of doxxing but I wouldn't mind seeing "Enty " doxxed. In fact I'm surprised he hasn't been.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2019 8:42 PM

Rob Reiner and Norman Lear.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2019 8:44 PM

Stephen King. Though he’s not really Hollywood, but he sort of is.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2019 8:51 PM

Miley Cyrus?

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2020 11:22 PM

Ken Olin (thirtysomething, Brothers & Sisters, This Is Us), I just mentioned him on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2020 11:33 PM

Wouldn't add any 3rd party ninnies like Sarandon on this list. Anyone who plays 3rd party games and helps Republicans get elected to "bring about the revolution" is an obstacle not an advocate. With friends like her.. who needs enemies.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2020 11:43 PM

Not to mention the fact that Susan Sarandon seems to openly despise other women.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2020 11:53 PM

OP, it would be easier to ask the opposite as that list would be shorter. This thread would go on for miles if we tried to list them all. I'll do the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Lefties of Hollywood:

Damn near every black celebrity. The same is true for most European, Canadian, and Aussie celebrities ( James Corden, Patrick Stewart, Ian McShane , Brian Cox, Hugh Jackman, Michael J. Fox, Ryan Reynolds, Thomas Middleditch, Ellen Paige, Pablo Schreiber, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, etc.)

Bradley Cooper, Scarlett Johansen , Anne Hathaway, Laura Dern ( Bruce to a lesser extent ), Dick Van Dyke, Cardi B, John Slattery, Eva Longoria ( loves Kamala), Michael Moore, Seth McFarlane, Ashley Judd, The entire main cast of Will and Grace, Nick Offerman, Josh and Seth Myers, Kathy Griffin, Sharon Stone, Katy Perry, Emily and Zoey Deschanel, Jake Gyllenhaal, Nick Zano, Kevin Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedgewick, Harrison Ford, William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman, Alicia Silverstone, Ashton Kutcher , Mandy Moore, J.J. Abrams, Steven Spielberg, Stephen Colbert, Ted Levine (would you fuck me? I'd fuck me) , Connie Britton, Mandy Moore ( big Pete supporter), Scott Eastwood, John Hamm, Elizabeth Banks, Josh Gad, Kristen Bell, Brad Pitt and Angelina, Cher, Lady Gaga, Leonardo DiCaprio , Timothy Omundson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ryan Murphy and most people who work with him, Jason Ralph ( the vast majority of the Magicians cast too), Most of SNL's current cast and a fuckton of the Alumni.

The one that surprised me was Jason Bateman b/c he's such a douche. Reese Witherspoon finally came out of the closet post-Trump election.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2020 12:36 AM

^Idk how I left off John Goodman. Ed O'Neil is a moderate Democrat. Jeff Bridges is a left-leaning Independent.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2020 12:42 AM

So pretty. April 2020 Mark Ruffalo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2020 12:45 AM

KAWEENS , have you forgotten. Me ???

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2020 1:25 AM

Belinda Carlisle

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2020 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!