Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SCRUBS

A medical drama/comedy show starring Zach Braff as the protagonist/medicine intern Dr. John Dorian, Donald Faison as colleague/BFF Dr. Turk and Sarah Chalke as colleague/on-off girlfriend Dr. Elliot Reed. It aired on NBC from 2001-2010. Any fans on DL? Let's discuss

by Anonymousreply 65September 22, 2019 2:43 PM

No. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Hooch is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2019 11:16 AM

Fucking hated it.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2019 11:24 AM

No accounting for taste.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2019 11:29 AM

I would pick it over Grey's anatomy any day! You people are just being catty now

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2019 11:31 AM

It is being revived on NBC's peacock starting Zach as great grandpa and Faison as great uncle. It will follow the new generation into a new SJW politically correct world of medicine.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2019 11:35 AM

Well R2 Hooch is ACTUALLY crazy. Kind of. He was charged with a DUI and manslaughter and is in jail.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2019 11:36 AM

R6 Scrubs isn't being revived. It was just a rumour because the cast reunited once on show's anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2019 11:38 AM

I loved it. And John McGinley was robbed of multiple Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2019 11:39 AM

Loved Dr. Cox. The episodes with Brendan Fraser playing his (deceased) friend, Ben were great. His breakdown when he finally accepts Ben's death was very moving.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2019 11:39 AM

R9 I can't believe he didn't even get a nomination :( He was terrific on the show. I think the only character that bothered me was Janitor and sometimes Carla.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2019 11:42 AM

Scrubs was one of the best comedies of its era (you can tell I loved it). But like Arrested Development, it wasn’t to everybody’s tastes. Yes, the episodes with Brendan Frasier were amazing—I think the show writing took home an Emmy for one of those episodes.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2019 11:43 AM

The musical episode is another favorite.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2019 11:43 AM

R10 Oh yes! That episode was wonderful. Also the one after that - when Jordan's friend refuse to leave after the funeral and in the end Perry realizes that Ben was her brother and she is as sad as him and need support too was very touching,

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2019 11:45 AM

R13 I sometimes still sing guy love in the shower🤣

R12 I guess so, when I saw the first couple of replies here I thought "Oh there goes a (possibly) perfectly good thread" . You are right it wasn't for everybody after all.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2019 11:48 AM

Colin Hay giving a nice acoustic performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2019 11:49 AM

did braff retire from acting. He seemed to disappear after the show ended. thought maybe he was gay, too, but never heard any rumors.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2019 11:49 AM

R17 I remember watching him in a movie with kate Hudson where he plays a struggling actor. I kind of liked it at the time. It has been a while though, and I can't even remember it's name.

R16 lol I still remember this! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2019 11:55 AM

R17 Oh somebody said he was dating florence Pugh. They were seen together being affectionate apparently.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2019 11:56 AM

I liked it. The cast was very talented and they (at least seemed) to enjoy working together. One thing about this shoe... they frequently did a good job of giving you the weepies. It would turn serious and they'd end up making me cry.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2019 12:01 PM

Sorta gay but not gay enough. Gayer than Frasier tho.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2019 12:07 PM

I love it! I loved the slapstick! I loved the ancillary characters!

Although, at first I didn't find the Turk/JD friendship believeable.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2019 12:13 PM

R20 Yep. Things went from 0-10 really fast on that one.

What did you people think of Elliot Reed? A few of my friends who liked the show hated her. I felt the opposite!

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2019 12:14 PM

One of my all-time favorite comedy series with great roster of supporting characters

There was a powerful couple of episodes about grieving, with Brendon Frasier playing Dr Cox's best friend/brother-in-law that ends with the Frasier character having died and Cox imagining much of the episode.

There was Scott Foley in a few episodes looking really pretty.

And there was the great use of music - particularly Turk dancing to Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison" . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2019 12:26 PM

[quote]The Todd

So fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2019 12:36 PM

I always thought Robert Mascio was hot. I first saw him in a sexy gay short story which I can’t find anywhere now in the web

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2019 1:22 PM

I met Donald Faison in person. Really, really nice guy. I remembered him from Scrubs and Clueless. He talked to me for over 30 minutes about those two, his new show, and acting in general. Completely down to earth and natural guy.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Woah R27 that's really nice of him! Are you an actor too?

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2019 2:00 PM

Robert Mascio was hot in the show too! But he was also a swine🤣

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2019 2:13 PM

R29 Yeah, but it was also kind of groundbreaking. He was probably the first pansexual on television.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2019 2:14 PM

R30 Oh yes! That's actually true. There haven't been a lot of pansexuals on TV now that I think about it.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2019 2:21 PM

R19 Florence Pugh? I thought it was Muriel Puce. And by the way, what's wrong with Muriel Puce?

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2019 2:32 PM

Love it. It's very funny, and it was the first and best depiction of two guys whose friendship borders on love and attraction.

Janitor is doing some crazy shit with his dark and funny contempt for JD.

JD: Ever heard of delusions of grandeur? Janitor: Uh, I believe I coined that term.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2019 2:35 PM

I agree about the friendship, r33. It was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2019 3:08 PM

R33 true true

How come nobody has mentioned Jordan yet?! I fucking loved her!

Also thoughts about Elliot?

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2019 3:16 PM

JD and Turk #guylove

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2019 3:20 PM

r11=Patty Heaton

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2019 3:37 PM

My medical friends say it was the most realistic medical show on TV....I think they meant in terms of what the characters can be like.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2019 3:38 PM

I loved it. It needs to be picked up by Netflix. I need more something in the background while I clean shows. Didn't Zach Braff turn out to be sort of an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2019 3:45 PM

R37 I have no idea who that is!

R38 It's true. My friends and I - when we had just started med school - used to watch medical dramas like House MD, Grey's, a bit of ER and scrubs. Scrubs felt the most realistic. House MD was wonderful obviously but very unrealistic. Love Hugh Laurie though!

R39 I have no idea about it.

by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2019 3:50 PM

I love the show. Many from my generation do. It didn't end all that well, but at its best it managed to be zany and moving. The entire cast was distinct and full of well rounded, hilarious characters, and the use of music was great.

It took a while for the Emmys to start taking the show seriously, though I believe its first season was nominated for directing. It got a couple more directing nominations, some writing noms, a couple Best Comedy Series nominations, and a single acting nomination for Zach Braff. I definitely think Zach could have been nominated a couple more times, but definitely think that shutting out John C. McGinley is as bad as never nominating Nick Offerman for Parks and Rec. It's so strange that the Academy basically ignored these characters while showering Alec Baldwin, whom I still love, for playing a similar role on 30 Rock.

Anyway... yeah, big fan here. I don't think it need to be revived or anything... they tried doing that in the past by introducing a new generation of doctors, one of them being Dave Franco. By then the show was past running on fumes.

Lastly, the show introduced me to Erasure, which I'm forever thankful for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2019 4:13 PM

Oooh, speaking of the hotties on the show, yeah Maschio was hot, but so was John C. McGinley, who was hairy and had that huge chest, and also... anyone else into Neil Flynn? I've always found him to be strapping, and hilarious. But my favorite on the show was Johnny Kastl, who's actually a lawyer now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2019 4:18 PM

R42 The only time I found Neil Flynn attractive was in 'Mean Girls'. He played Lindsey's dad.

Never noticed Johnny much - it was because of the character he played. Lol. I didn't know he was a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2019 4:26 PM

r40 Seriously? SERIOUSLY? You don't know who Patricia Heaton is?

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2019 4:37 PM

No R44. I don't know. Never heard of her.

R43 The actor who played Duncan Kane on Veronica Mars became a lawyer too. No relation here, just mentioning.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2019 4:41 PM

Agree with R42 on McGinley and Flynn. Both so, so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2019 6:44 PM

A bigger twist and kick in the gut than the Sixth Sense.

(I want this song played at my funeral.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2019 6:47 PM

Agree, R47

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2019 6:53 PM

It was one of the few shows I watched regularly and agree that netflix should pick it up. I enjoyed JD & Turk's relationship, but had no interest in JD and Elliot as a couple or Turk and Carla as a couple. I still wonder what kink Elliot's hot boyfriend had that she wouldn't indulge in.

by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2019 7:04 PM

R47 You are right!

I loved Elizabeth banks' character so much at first but then she lied to JD about her miscarriage and I pretty much loathed her after that.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Do friendships like that (JD and Turk's) actually exist? Irl? And I don't mean just between two guys but between two people of any sex! I have friends but I don't think I have a friend like that. Should I be worried?

by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2019 7:25 PM

My brother and his (husband) best friend are like JD and Turk. Truly, they love one another. If they'd wanted to fuck, I'm sure they would have by now. It's funny to see because they look like brothers except one is white and one is black. Both big guys. Kind of like a white and black Turk, not so much like JD though.

by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2019 8:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2019 9:23 PM

R39 he came off as a total asshole on Punk'd.

R45 didn't the actor who played Duncan Kane turn out to be gay??

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2019 4:41 AM

R52 That sounds exciting. I don't think I can even have friendships like that because I am not comfortable sharing too much with people around me. To have a friend like that you kind of need to be able to share even the most bizarre things. So R52 have you ever envied them?

R53 That was a fun episode! JD not feeling manly enough. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2019 1:13 PM

R54 He is apparently married to a woman named Kendall Morrison since 2017.

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2019 1:17 PM

The show was filled with awful and mean characters.

And why was the janitor such a jerk?

by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2019 1:21 PM

R55, I'm happy for my brother. (I don't mean that in the cunty "Good for her" / Arrested Development way; sincerely.) I have a different personality. My brother's more emotional and needs to talk to someone about almost everything in real time to sort out what he wants and feels. I confide in friends but need time first to gather my thoughts and wait out my impetuousity and a dramatic flair that's clearly a family trait.

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2019 1:22 PM

R58 I am like you in that area. Can't share too much. Good for your brother though(for real). It can never hurt to have that kind of support system.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2019 1:56 PM

No, R28, I'm not an actor. We talked about his shows and I just started asking him questions about playing scenes and which one was the hardest for him, and next thing I knew I was asking him more questions about acting. It was an interesting talk. He even took a picture with me. Super nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2019 4:37 PM

It was the Marmite of sitcoms--you either loved it or you hated it.

I thought it alternated between treating humiliation and sadism as if they were funny and then going for cheap sentimentality. Not my thing.

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2019 4:57 PM

I loved Carla, especially her relationship with Dr. Cox. And Second Becky from Roseanne was excellent as dorky Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2019 8:37 PM

R62 I liked Carla and Cox dynamic better than Carla and Turk but Cox has Jordan so...

by Anonymousreply 63September 22, 2019 1:03 PM

But Jordan had a thing with JD. Could have been interesting to see Carla end up with Cox and JD with Jordan and whoever else Jordan lured into their bed, that tigress.

by Anonymousreply 64September 22, 2019 1:11 PM

At one point I legit thought Cox would end up with Carla. As for Jordan and JD, once he got to know she was Cox's ex I knew nothing would happen again between them.

I loved Jack btw! Jordan and Cox's son. You remember 'the fatty song' ??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 22, 2019 2:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!