Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Earth has two extra, hidden 'moons'

First spied in the 1960s, the huge dust clouds have now been confirmed—and may affect plans for future space exploration.

Earth’s moon may not be alone. After more than half a century of speculation and controversy, Hungarian astronomers and physicists say they have finally confirmed the existence of two Earth-orbiting “moons” entirely made of dust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2020 1:29 AM

🌎 Two 🌙 🌙

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2020 8:17 AM

Does dust REALLY count ?

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2020 8:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2020 8:51 AM

If you can't land on it and move around on it, it's not a moon.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Giving them a 'pity' discovery cred just because they're Hungarian doesn't do science any favors.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2020 8:10 PM

The current new "second moon" is a tiny captured asteroid.

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2020 8:32 PM

Blue moons

You three saw me standing alone

Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2020 8:58 PM

Oh, dust clouds can be moons but poor, maligned Pluto isn’t a planet?

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2020 9:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2020 10:02 PM

They should name them Buttigieg and Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2020 10:07 PM

They should name them Dustpan and Ashtray.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2020 10:20 PM

That’s no moon. It’s a space station!

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2020 1:24 AM

My dust cloud is in Pisces!

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2020 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!